4 and 3 -- Graduating class of WTTer's

Hey Jen! I'm glad to hear you are doing so well! Summer is so adorable! She has beautiful big eyes! Thanks for the congrats. You're right, I did get my October baby after all. It only took me a year longer than the rest of you ladies to bite the bullet! ;) But when I'm not exhausted I'm excited beyond all measure. Well its not even 8:30 but I'm gone so off to bed for me!

Jess - if you're making it to 8:30pm before bed, you're doing better than me! I went to bed at 7-7:30pm most nights during that first trimester. Apparently growing a placenta takes a lot of energy! Are you having much nausea/food aversions? How excited is your hubby?!?

No worries, Gen, you had a lot of updating to do! Thanks for the positive thoughts - I am trying to stay as positive as I can throughout this. DH keeps telling me how much he wants a baby, and is totally supportive of this entire process. It's a great feeling to hear that, so I hope I can give him one soon!

Jess - if you're making it to 8:30pm before bed, you're doing better than me! I went to bed at 7-7:30pm most nights during that first trimester. Apparently growing a placenta takes a lot of energy! Are you having much nausea/food aversions? How excited is your hubby?!?

Yeah I'm quite put out around 6pm! :haha: Its amazing how exhausting it is. Someone told me its like trying to climb a mountain each day...except I don't get the great legs! :rofl: I do have occasional nausea but nothing some pretzels can't handle. They are my life savers right now! I don't know why but if I'm nauseous and I eat those I'm all good in about 10 minutes. As far as food aversions, I don't crave anything sweet! At all. I tried to eat some cake for a friend's birthday and ended up feeling the worst yet! So I'm not avoiding it, I just don't want it. My husband is excited. He is nervous about telling people, and the change, but he's quite happy and has been the biggest help as far as keeping the food I want stocked.

No worries, Gen, you had a lot of updating to do! Thanks for the positive thoughts - I am trying to stay as positive as I can throughout this. DH keeps telling me how much he wants a baby, and is totally supportive of this entire process. It's a great feeling to hear that, so I hope I can give him one soon!

Oh my fingers are crossed for you puppy!!! You're going to be a great mom and it sounds like your DH will be a wonderful dad!

How are we all doing today? Any fun plans for the weekend?
I should be getting off work early today - woo hoo! We are so slow right now, I don't have very many patients and it is SOOOO boring. I appreciate getting paid essentially to just sit on my ass, but would rather be at home with the little nugget! Although, I need to probably leave her in daycare an extra hour and try and get my butt to the gym...I've finally gotten the motivation to work off these last 10lbs!
Any fun plans for the weekend? DH and I are going to try for a date again on Sunday (had to cancel last week due to Summer having a cold...but now it turns out I think she is just teething and getting a runny nose from it.).
Sending out good vibes...

Gen, sounds like you'll have a nice time at date night. It's great that you take the time to do that! No exciting plans for the weekend here. Probably house cleaning and laundry! I can't believe it's going to be March already on Friday - time sure is flying by. We have a ton of snow here right now, it just keeps coming. Last March, I was running outside in a t-shirt - crazy how different each year can be.

I really should get on the treadmill, however I always feel that if I do, it'll prevent me from ovulating, or whatever! Some doctors say you shouldn't run a lot, especially with PCOS, because it can affect hormone levels or something... although I am sure once in a while would be fine (and healthy)! I suppose there is no excuse not to get on and walk for an hour or so though. At any rate, I am ready for winter to be done with and looking foward to some sunshine and warmer weather!

Puppy - I did a little mini-research on the PCOS/exercise thing, mostly because I'm curious and nerdy like that....anyway, sounds like as long as you don't over-exercise, you should be fine, and in particular, interval training was recommended (ie: alternate 1 min running, 1 min fast walk). Also, with weight training, do low weight with lots of repititions (each set should include at least 20 repititions) to get strength without triggering too much testosterone release!

Jen I'm glad to hear you are doing so well!

Puppy how are you fairing? Any ovulation signs?

AFM, I went to my OB today for my conformation appointment. I just love that man he will talk to you forever. When he walked in he was like, "Hey! Last time I saw you you weren't pregnant!" We did a pregnancy test (just peeing on a stick) and it was positive. He told me no stress and do everything like I normally do. Don't worry about my diet just keep eating what I want. He knows I'm pretty healthy any way so I don't think he was worried about anything. He just said no sushi, unpasteurized cheese, or raw meat. He said I could keep exercising but just not to kill myself. Then he said I want to see you in 1-2 weeks! I was like what? I thought it would be 4 weeks? He said nope I want to do an ultrasound as soon as possible to see that heartbeat and that will be at around 6 weeks. So I'm going back in two weeks from today to see my little bean's heart beat! So fx its there b/c the chance of miscarrying drops to about 3% after you see the heartbeat. My doctor said growing and getting the heart to function is the most difficult part and once that happens the chance of a viable pregnancy is very good. So HURRAY! I'm so excited!

Gen - thanks for the research! The running thing is more hardcore, longer distance running, but of course, when I heard that, I stopped immediately, just in case! I think I should get back on the exercise bandwagon though, it's definitely necessary as I am starting to feel a bit lazy.

Jess - great to hear about your appointment! Also, even more great that you get to go back in two weeks to hear the heartbeat! I am thrilled for you :)

As for me, my temps indicate that I did ovulate, despite the bloods saying otherwise. I think it was after the bloodwork was done, but because I wasn't tempting the entire time, cant't say for sure!

Gen - thanks for the research! The running thing is more hardcore, longer distance running, but of course, when I heard that, I stopped immediately, just in case! I think I should get back on the exercise bandwagon though, it's definitely necessary as I am starting to feel a bit lazy.

Jess - great to hear about your appointment! Also, even more great that you get to go back in two weeks to hear the heartbeat! I am thrilled for you :)

As for me, my temps indicate that I did ovulate, despite the bloods saying otherwise. I think it was after the bloodwork was done, but because I wasn't tempting the entire time, cant't say for sure!

Well that's awesome news! Is there a possibility that you could have caught?

I suppose it is always possible, but we weren't on top of things as much at that time, so to speak, as I assumed the entire cycle was a failure again. I had tried using pre-seed during what I thought would be my fertile window, but stopped... we shall see in a few days, I suppose.

FXd puppy!!

Jess - so glad you love your OB. Can't wait to see the first ultrasound!

So Jess... it looks like I'll be joining you!

I got my BFP at 11 DPO (on Saturday) -- so thrilled, I can't get my mind off of it! I have taken a couple of other tests since just to make sure it was true :) The digital I took today said 2-3 weeks (which in reality, means 4-5 weeks). I think this is about right, if I am reading my temps right, but I could have possibly ovulated earlier, since I really wasn't tempting this month until the end...

So Jess... it looks like I'll be joining you!

I got my BFP at 11 DPO (on Saturday) -- so thrilled, I can't get my mind off of it! I have taken a couple of other tests since just to make sure it was true :) The digital I took today said 2-3 weeks (which in reality, means 4-5 weeks). I think this is about right, if I am reading my temps right, but I could have possibly ovulated earlier, since I really wasn't tempting this month until the end...

Hurray!!!!!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:
:wohoo: :wohoo: :yipee: :yipee:

Do you know your EDD?

If my guess of ovulation is right, I am thinking my EDD is November 12, or so.

Some sites are giving me the date of November 13... either way, close enough :)

I am going to go searching right now for some thread possibilities...

Ill post an update later just wanted to say puppymom congratulations I'm so happy for you, you have been amazing this whole time, you deserve it!! 12 nov that was my due date!! Can't wait to hear more details what did DH say? So happy for you xoxoxoxox and you and Jess can be preggy buddies!!

Please keep me updated on this thread I want to know how your going with everything xoxo

Thanks, Kerry - we are thrilled! DH is very happy as well, we are so ready for this LO. I just worry myself a lot of times now, as I was poking and prodding around (long story.. haha) and now afraid that I hurt my little embryo somehow. That's just the worrier that I am, though - it might be a long 9 months this way! haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->