4 Awesome Chic's, TTC #1, 30+, cycle #3, Join our Journey!!!

SloanPet77

1st Trimester
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

This thread is carried over from our thread last month titled, "TTC #1, 35, cycle #2. We are 4 amazing women on a TTC journey together. This will be the first child for all of us, and we have been trying for 3 or more cycles.

This blog also discussed life pressures, diet and exercise, relationships, and anything else related to daily life while TTC. You can read our stories on the older thread, we have started a new one based on a new cylce. None of us got our BFP last month.

We are Sloan, Malamae, Elpha, and Sassypants, and are happy to have you as a part of our thread, so post your stories and join us! xoxo

So a little about me, so you dont have to go back and read:

35, DH 37, married a year in October. We just started TTC activley in August but had an oops moment in July so I counted that as a cycle TTC. I have a 30 day cycle on the button, every 30 days for the past 35 years. I ovulate on CD 17. In august I started the FR OPK's however I didnt really know what I was looking for so I missed the surge line. We still DTD on 3 of the correct days but still got a BFN. In addition to the OPK we are doing SMEP.

This thread was initially for first time mothers TTC 35+ naturally, meaning no IVF etc. However we are open to all women who would like to join us. We are not for the easily offended (I can make some crazy statements, curse words etc.). I am currently on CD #1, waiting until CD# 13 to start OPK!:muaha::howdy:

Found it! I will post later, but wanted to let you know I was able to find this one.

Hi Ladies,

This thread is carried over from our thread last month titled, "TTC #1, 35, cycle #2. We are 4 amazing women on a TTC journey together. This will be the first child for all of us, and we have been trying for 3 or more cycles.

This blog also discussed life pressures, diet and exercise, relationships, and anything else related to daily life while TTC. You can read our stories on the older thread, we have started a new one based on a new cylce. None of us got our BFP last month.

We are Sloan, Malamae, Elpha, and Sassypants, and are happy to have you as a part of our thread, so post your stories and join us! xoxo

I would love to join! How do I find your other postings and join you guys??

Hi Ladies,

I would love to join! How do I find your other postings and join you guys??

Hi Liz!

you can join us right here, we just started a new month! If you want to read our threads from last month they are under the TTC over 35 forum, and the title of the thread is somethign like, "TTC #1, 35, cycle 2, naturally"

welcome! what is your history and cycle info?

Where is everybody at today? whats going on with my girls?

so of course this cycle during the time we are supposed to DTD, my DH will be running an 11 mile obstacle course contest, then the next day we will be at an all day concert event! so fingers crossed we can find the time to DTD somewhere in there! Ugg.

come on Sept 20th hurry up!

Good for your hubby!!! I did 6 miles this morning and it felt so good! It was 48* sunny and a little breezy. I wanted to keep going but I had to pee and that makes for a not so comfy run:) You need to get some BD time in there girl! Have a fun weekend! We are going to Minneapolis so we won't be around!!

wow 48 degrees! oh heck no! hah its 64 degrees here at 6am, thats when I go. If I wait until after work its 90 degrees. I am planning on doing 4 or 5 miles tomorrow. Have a good trip!

Yay for the the thread!! Awesome title!
Ladies, join us, we want to hear your stories, echange ideas, knowledge.

Here's my short story (for the new ladies): ttc #1 for 26 months now, never had BFP, all tests OK except for low AMH, hubby results- amazing.

Malamae! I had no idea youhave been TTC for 26 months! Maybe i did but it didnt sink in! wow girl you are a strong woman, that would just about make me quit. I really hope we are good luck charms and it works for you this month. You are doing SMEP right?

sorry girl I tried to edit the title and they wont let me, only the actual post :(

Hi, I would love to join too! I'm 33 DH is 37 and we've been married for 2.5 years. This is our 3rd month TTC. I tried OPKs last month and will use them again this month. I think I'm going to try SMEP this month as well. I'm pretty new to this board and so happy I've found it!

Hey ladies mind if I join?

We're both 31, have been together for 15 years in November and are on cycle 10. I have very regular 26 day cycles, definitely ovulate and have never had a bfp :)

Malamae! I had no idea youhave been TTC for 26 months! Maybe i did but it didnt sink in! wow girl you are a strong woman, that would just about make me quit. I really hope we are good luck charms and it works for you this month. You are doing SMEP right?

Nah, don't worry. Maybe I should quit, maybe then it'll happen. Everybody says that. When I started i did not know anything, had no idea of ovulation, mucus, cervix etc. Now I can become PhD in fertility. At this point I'm not so stressed. I'm more of a "blah" now.
When we started ttc, the first 6 months I was ok, after that I stated panicing. I was NON-STOP researching the Internet for infomration. When it was 1.5 year we went to see FS, but after 2-3 months quit on the doctor (they're just pushing towards procedures and spending A LOT OF money, and since we had no health problems- we wanted natural, so we said enough, plus driving long on certian days at 7-8 am for blood test and ultrasound was too much). Also we had a lot of stress last year and beginning of this one with my hubby's dad (long fight with lung cancer, unfortunately the cancer won), so that may had been a factor with unsuccessful ttc.
4 months ago my parents came to visit me (the're leaving in a week), so their visit actually made me relaxed a lot and my whole period imroved too (I'm very close to them). Now it's not that I don't think about, I do, just not constantly anymore and this forum is the only thing that I check, no more researches. We are just trying to have more fun in BD :)

I haven't done SMEP since ovulation. I should start once period is over so I could figure it out correctly. I think I was interpreting the results wrong :)

With hubby we decided we are going back to a doctor (different one) in october if nothing happens until then.

I'm sure we'll be lucky charms to each other. With so much positive energy, positive thoughts BFP will soon come! :kiss:

Wow this was a long one. Sorry!

Oh, btw, I'm in the states this weekend. I'm going to buy pre-seed, OPKs and softcups. Saw online Walgreen has these and much cheaper than in Canada.
Anyone has experience with Walgreens OPKs?

Sloan, there seems like there should be a way to change the title... maybe the title is the 'post title ' of your first post in the string? The group linked in my signature seems to change the title quite a bit because she updates the entire first post each time one of us in the group gets a BFP. So maybe that is where you can do it? Thought I would mention it.

Sorry I have been MIA. This food poisoning/tummy bug coupled with travel for work the past couple days has kept me busy!

I am on CD 11 and have been using my OvaCue along with temping. Still no 'O' in sight. Last cycle it happened CD 25, but hoping for it to be sooner this month. The OvaCue is so hard to read in the beginning because it produces these numbers that I am trying to 'read more into' when I probably shouldn't. LOL I am too impatient to let it work it's magic I suppose. :rofl:

I have stayed at my sister's since Thursday night because of work. She lives closer to all of the stores I needed to visit for my company. Hubby had to work today because of having Monday off for Labor Day, so probably good there is no 'O' in sight yet! LOL Anyhow, I must share the peculiar thing my 6 year old nephew said to me yesterday morning. I had just woke him up to get ready for school (they love to sleep and snuggle with Aunt Candy when Uncle Jon doesn't come up) and in the 6 year old's groggy state of mind, he looks at me and says 'your son will be a girl.' I asked him if he meant baby or daughter maybe? Then he replies 'or child or kid!' haha he is sooooo goofy! Such a random thing for him to say, I never even talk about TTC with my nephews. I laughed it off and told my sister, maybe I will get pregnant and we will be told it is a boy but at birth it turns out to be a girl... then we will consider Damian (my nephew) clairvoyant!!! Haha

Hope all is well with you ladies! :)

Welcome to our new ladies!

MalaMae, I have never bought OPK's from Walgreen's. I typically by my OPK's and Preseed on amazon.com. They are much cheaper there. Walgreens isn't really a 'cheap' store. If you come across a Walmart you might find OPKs cheaper than Walgreen's, but I never have seen Preseed at any of these places. I did see Preseed at Cirilla's though. Cirilla's is a chain of Adult bookstores with all the fun lingerie and toys and such. :blush: Not sure if you have Cirilla's in Canada. They do seem to be all over the United States though and since I think you said you are in Pennsylvania for a wedding, that is only 2 states away from me so I am guessing you will pass a Cirilla's somewhere. Also, Lion's Den is a similar store that I would think might have it. Haven't been to one since our honeymoon and we weren't looking for Preseed then. LOL

I will say Cirilla's charges almost twice as much ($36.95) for Preseed as amazon.com or other online websites. You can check out the website for Fairhaven Health's website. Www.fairhavenhealth.com That is where I purchased my OvaCue and FertilAid for Women. They also sell Preseed and other great stuff. I know I read that they ship to Canada as well, just sometimes customs can delay delivery. I would think Amazon.com would ship to Canada too, but not sure?

Good luck!

Thanks Elpha. I saw that Walgreens carry it online, so I assumed they have it in the stores and on the website it was cheaper than anywhere in Canada. Will find out today :) If I can't find it here, I'll order it online :)

Regarding your nephew, kids are more intuned with the world energy than us adults. Maybe you'll get BFP sooner than you expect :)

This is my first post ever on this forum.

I am 32, DH is almost 34, we've been married just over 2 years.

We went off the pill in June and having been trying since then. I assumed that getting pregnant would be easy. Only 2 of my gfs have babies and both didn't even try, so I figured it would be the same for me.

I find this whole process very frustrating and almost alienating in a way. My close gfs don't have children and are actively trying not to become pregnant. So, I don't really feel like I have anyone to talk to about my feelings or at least to relate to.

I know we've only been ttc for 3 cycles and in terms of ttc that isn't long at all but you know?!

I read through this thread and you ladies seemed like minded so I thought I'd join.

Thanks!! :) kjoha

Thanks Elpha. I saw that Walgreens carry it online, so I assumed they have it in the stores and on the website it was cheaper than anywhere in Canada. Will find out today :) If I can't find it here, I'll order it online :)

Regarding your nephew, kids are more intuned with the world energy than us adults. Maybe you'll get BFP sooner than you expect :)

Hey! I'm in Vancouver and the shop up the road from me sells Pre-seed, their website says they ship so maybe you could get it from there? This forum won't let me post the link cause I'm new, but the shop is called Honey Gifts, it's on Cambie street.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->