4 Awesome Chic's, TTC #1, 30+, cycle #3, Join our Journey!!!

Oh Elphaba, I hope the doxy does the trick for hubby's pH & counts. My DH's pH is bound to be too low (acidic). Didn't realize it would affect the sperms. He gets periodic bouts of the gout. We assume that means his body tends to run too acidic. I suppose we'll find out if it causes a conception problem at some point.

Sorry about AF, Mala - I see your chart has you on CD1. But awesome that your temps were up the entire luteal phase last time!

I hate to admit I have mixed feelings about my sister's pregnancy. She is younger (31) so one one hand I'm super jealous bc she hit that milestone before me. And she was smart enough to go for it before age 35. It seems she got pregnant pretty quickly, although I didn't ask for all the details. So on this hand I am putting more pressure on myself to get this party started.

On the other hand I am extremely excited to be an aunt. It takes some pressure off of me from my mom trying to get a grandchild out of one of us. I want to take the baby to Disney and teach him/her to snowboard and all the fun stuff. Which I'll get to do, whether or not I have one of my own.

I don't want to be jealous about it, but some moments that's easier than others. Fingers crossed for all of us over the next cycle!

Alices, don't worry. The jelousy is natural and expected. I was too, but now I realized, it was a period and something I had to go through. It's more the furstration when somebody without much trying succeed and here we are for months and years trying. Then you realize there are worst things in life. It will pass.
Besides, old people were telling me to hang out with pregnant women- it would "inspire" my body to get prego :))

Haha! My sis lives ~700 miles away or I'd totally hang around her to see if it inspires my body to get pregnant.

I have a weird chart this month... No clear temp spike yet, but had positive OPKs several days ago. Curious if it's bc I've been slack about taking my herbs & vitamins the past few weeks...

Mala- how amazing something that sounds so disgusting (ingesting placenta) could actually help!

Alice- gratz on being an Aunt! I can honestly say there has been no greater experience thus far in my life as being an Aunt to my 2 nieces and 2 nephews. I am also Aunt Candy to a lot of their friends. That kind of love is amazing. I know if I never get a chance to have a child of my own, I am still blessed to have been such a huge influence on their lives. I hope you get to have the same relationship with your niece or nephew. I can all but promise you I wouldn't be alive right now without them. I have has serious low moments, but remembering their faces and how they would never understand me 'ending it' was all the medicine I really needed to not go through with it during my absolute lows and there have been many since my oldest niece was born 22 years ago. I just can't say enough about how awesome it has been to be a big part of their lives!

Hubby took all of his antibiotic but now another hurdle... he can't take off work to repeat his test. The clinic has crappy hours. Monday-Thursday the last appointment is 2:30 pm and on Friday it's 10:30 am!!! Hubby just recieved a promotion at work so taking off is not an option for awhile. My OBGYN is supposed to get back with me tomorrow about if there is any other place he can go to take it but her nurse was not optimistic. She said going somewhere different for a second test would be like comparing apples to oranges in the long run. Personally it makes NO sense what she said and this nurse has been a complete idiot on other occasions! I mean, why does it matter? The test measures same things? If it's all good, then why second guess it? If there is an issue, my OBGYN already said he would need to see a urologist. Why do THEY need to compare anything? *sigh* I am just really, REALLY frustrated. Feels like we keep getting the run around and no straight answers on these tests. Now we have no clue how soon my hubby will be able to repeat the test and there is no clomid in our future until he does. :cry:

Hey Elphaba, did you say the clinic was pretty far from your house? Otherwise, maybe he could leave his sample with you (in the AM before work) & you could rush it to the clinic or lab. Assuming your job is more lenient about you arriving late. I was thinking that's what I might have to do for my DH once we have to get his SA done.

If thats not possible, I don't think there should really be a problem with him using a different lab. If he uses another lab & it shows everything's good, then awesome. If not, then he'll need to see the urologist anyway.

I am glad to hear that your nieces & nephews have helped you keep your head up in the past. I got over my jealousy in a couple days, it was probably just bad timing bc I had AF when she told me so my head wasn't in the best place to begin with.

Now I'm just getting so excited about being an Aunt. Sis went to 1st Dr. Visit today and found out due date is sept 29. So I already plan to visit & have a shower for her on Labor Day weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to visit soon after the birth too. Stupid work always gets in the way of life, huh? :)

My OBGYN is letting him have it done at the hospital. We are going in the morning. Glad she did because it wouldn't work for me bringing in the sample. The hospital and the clinic both are a 40 minute drive and the sample needs to be there at maximum 30 minutes after collection. Plus he leaves for work at 3 am. (Garbage man) I really think that nurse was being done about how going to a different place may change the parameters. There has to be a standard protocol for these test. I can't see it making a huge difference!!!

Oh good! I'm glad you found a way to make it work. Surely it won't matter which lab does the analysis. Good luck!

Hi guys!
I had my obgyn appt this afternoon... Just copied what I wrote on the spotters forum, in case anyone's curious.

Ok so I went to my obgyn today and told her about the spotting 6 days prior to AF; just 1-2 drops/day. She said that was unusual and that it may mean I have a polyp. She said the polyps don't keep you from getting pregnant, but could possibly cause a miscarriage if they're embedded in the uterine lining somewhere.

She said it's obvious from my charting that I'm ovulating, and that I dont need to continue charting or using OPKs. I should just BD from CD 5-17 since i usually O CD 12-16. DH thinks that much BD is gonna wear him out! Lol.

Dr. was debating whether to do the HSG or a hydro-ultrasound (SIS ultrasound) first. She said since I'll need the HSG anyway, we'll do that first & sometimes as a coincidence they'll image a polyp if it's there. Then if it doesn't show one we'll do the SIS to look for it.

I'm sending DH for his SA and will see how that turns out before scheduling the HSG though.

Still kinda hoping this month's spotting is me being one of those 50% who spot before BFP, but got a BFN this morning so will just have to wait & see.

Oh yeah, I had blood drawn to check AMH and progesterone levels, so we'll see how that turns out in a couple days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->