4 weeks 1 day past miscarriage, STILL positive test? UPDATE PAGE 10

CastawayBride

Mother of Two
Reaction score
Hello all,

So yeah, still having a faint positive....I have read up until 6 weeks for a negative test but this wait is exhausting! I got a positive OPK on the 16th with EWCM....I can't help but wonder, maybe we are expecting again....time will tell, I just want AF or a real positive!

You may need to get some blood tests done to make sure your HCG is going down. You may have some retained tissue? Sorry this is taking so long for you :flower:

You may need to get some blood tests done to make sure your HCG is going down. You may have some retained tissue? Sorry this is taking so long for you :flower:

I had an ultra sound after to ensure everything passed...I used cyotec send I passed everything in about 12 hours...went for bloods on Weds, cannot wait for the results!

I've heard that a small piece of tissue cannot be seen on US but can elevate HCG. I'm glad you are getting checked out. So frustrating not to know what is going on with our bodies!

Wow.. Maybe you are pregnant again!! Keep us posted!!

hi hun. im glad you got bloods that would be my suggestion. I had a mc dec 17 had a pos pg test jan 12 so hey it happens. I hope you get an a answer soon

I've heard that a small piece of tissue cannot be seen on US but can elevate HCG. I'm glad you are getting checked out. So frustrating not to know what is going on with our bodies!

Exactly what I am afraid of...I really wanted to avoid the D&C at all costs. I have a call in, waiting for a doctor to call me back...

How faint is faint? Mine took about 2 weeks to go to very faint, that kinda of 10/11/12dpo stage faint. And then stayed like that for what seemed like an age. Super duper faint, sometimes faint enough to look more evap than BFP.

Also, I had 3 lots of EWCM and very close to positive opks (CD25, 44 and 48) before finally really ovulating on CD 61. So it could just be normal....annoying!..but normal.

How faint is faint? Mine took about 2 weeks to go to very faint, that kinda of 10/11/12dpo stage faint. And then stayed like that for what seemed like an age. Super duper faint, sometimes faint enough to look more evap than BFP.

Also, I had 3 lots of EWCM and very close to positive opks (CD25, 44 and 48) before finally really ovulating on CD 61. So it could just be normal....annoying!..but normal.

I had a gush of CM that I thought was my period like 4 days ago. It was not AF just clear CM and a lot of it!

I am getting strong positives on FRER, positive digi, 1-2 weeks and very faint internet cheapies.

Hey ladies hubby and I went to run errands and the doctor called while I was out. She said my HCG came in at 43! I was like you have to be kidding me? She said that it is either a new pregnancy, or, my body is taking a long time to get the HCG out...so I am taking another digi on Sunday, if the hormones went up then I will go for more bloods. She said I should get my AF within two weeks if not pregnant.

The wait continues. LOL

The one thing I will say is I am just getting a faint on the IC, they are suppose to be 20 miu. That doesn't make sense, and it makes sense why I am getting such a strong positive on the FRER's. The digital tests are suppose to be 50 miu, surprised it picked up the HCG.

What do you girls thinks, 5 1/2 weeks at 43??

Luckily they said my US was clear and highly doubt I have anything left over. That is a relief!

Wow, That's so crazy!! I don't know much about getting the blood work part (never done that) but I'm thinking this is a new pregnancy!! Are you counting from the MC or from when you think you ovulated!? Keep us posted!!

Ok sorry, I just read back to your first post.. If you think you ovulated on the 16th, that would make you around 15 DPO today which would make everything add up to a new pregnancy (in my opinion) Test again in a few days with a digi and see what the result is.. I honestly think it's a new pregnancy though:thumbup:

Ok sorry, I just read back to your first post.. If you think you ovulated on the 16th, that would make you around 15 DPO today which would make everything add up to a new pregnancy (in my opinion) Test again in a few days with a digi and see what the result is.. I honestly think it's a new pregnancy though:thumbup:

Yeah I am just at a loss with it all to be honest! lol Either way, AF or pregnancy I would just like some answers...I will keep this updated as I know people look back on these threads for answers at times :thumb up:

Yeah from O I would be 4 weeks today. The miscarriage was 5 wks 2 days ago....

I think the numbers could make sense for a new pregnancy. I sure hope it is :thumbup: I hope your next digi shows more hormone!!! Only another week and they could look for a gestational sac by ultrasound.
Oh, and I think those digis start at 25 miu.

I think the numbers could make sense for a new pregnancy. I sure hope it is :thumbup: I hope your next digi shows more hormone!!! Only another week and they could look for a gestational sac by ultrasound.
Oh, and I think those digis start at 25 miu.

Not sure, I did the ClearBlue Advanced, the one that gives the weeks estimator. I believe it said it is 65% reliable up to 4 days before your period, then on your period it is 99% reliable...I don't know when my period will be so that makes this so much harder!

Time will tell I suppose, but I keep thinking how great it would be if I am pregnant and almost half way done with first tri (by the time I would definitely know either way)...that in itself would be a gift I say! :haha:

I did a FRER at 12 dpo and got a positive and then at 16 dpo I got a "Pregnant 2-3" on a CB digital if that helps you at all!! Can't wait to see an update!! Good luck!!

So I woke up this AM, took a digi at 5 weeks 3 days and it said, NOT PREGNANT! Doc must have been right! I must have been about 50 miu when I took the digi, then 43 by time of bloods and at this point hovering in the 20's! Hopefully AF will follow shortly!!!

so glad you are seeing progress. It's comforting to get answers about what our body is doing, isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->