40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

Ah right Emmi! We did a dummy ET today too. Wasn't planned, but I mentioned some concerns to my FS & she decided to do one there & then- literally took about 2 minutes! If I'd had any trouble she said she could've given me an anaesthetic for the ET... Which would have meant more $$$$!! But thankfully she is a super-pro & I handled it fine- nothing like my HSG at all.

Do u have an idea of when you'll start injecting??? We might be doing it around the same time! : )

Thanks everyone, I am going to try to get into see the doctor next week I think it's time I bust out my good old American attitude and put her in her place. It's not like I can just up and switch doctors, it's a 2 hour ferry journey and an additional 4 hour drive to get to anything resembling a city around here, and the NHS has seemingly decided to pull the plug on helping anyone over the age of 40 with having a baby. I can't afford to pay for anything privately so I suppose I am on my own. I keep up the facade at work about not being bothered about having children so I don't have to hear the patronizing comments about how I would be a good mom and how there is always fostering and blah blah blah. I think I am coming down with something I have a doozy of a headache and I am tired. Off to hang some laundry, we have a bit of a sunny spell today and maybe a nap :)

JJ and Emmi, you guys are almost to your first IVF! I'm so excited for you both!

Hello Everyone - soooooo - I am officially surpressed so I can finally start stimming!!!! I am so relieved! I seem to have a mini break down just before each stage so heaven knows what I will be like later on! I practically stopped my hubbys circulation by sqeezing his hand so tightly!!!

The trial embryo thingy was useful - so they at least can see what they are dealing with!!!

So onto gonal f tonight!! So Juniper - maybe we will be stimming together!!! Thank you everyone for the good wishes - we are all in it to win it!!!!xxx

Thanks everyone, I am going to try to get into see the doctor next week I think it's time I bust out my good old American attitude and put her in her place. It's not like I can just up and switch doctors, it's a 2 hour ferry journey and an additional 4 hour drive to get to anything resembling a city around here, and the NHS has seemingly decided to pull the plug on helping anyone over the age of 40 with having a baby. I can't afford to pay for anything privately so I suppose I am on my own. I keep up the facade at work about not being bothered about having children so I don't have to hear the patronizing comments about how I would be a good mom and how there is always fostering and blah blah blah. I think I am coming down with something I have a doozy of a headache and I am tired. Off to hang some laundry, we have a bit of a sunny spell today and maybe a nap :)

I can imagine how hard it is - we couldn't have done the IVF without our friends and family - we just didn't have that kind of money.

And I totally know how you feel about the not wanting to hear the patronising comments - I just can't believe how stupid people are......

Hope that you are feeling better:hugs:

I just wanted to wish all you ladies the best. I've been following your stories and just want you to know that I'm thinking and praying for you guys. I don't have anything knew to report, hoping that I actually ovulate this week but until then staying busy and productive which helps me keep my spirits up. Hugs to everyone and lots of baby dust!!!!

I just wanted to wish all you ladies the best. I've been following your stories and just want you to know that I'm thinking and praying for you guys. I don't have anything knew to report, hoping that I actually ovulate this week but until then staying busy and productive which helps me keep my spirits up. Hugs to everyone and lots of baby dust!!!!

Thank you!! All good wishes to you too:hugs:

Yesterday I had a hankering for Rice Krispie treats. I even went to the store, got all the ingredients, and made them! I haven't made them-or thought about them- in 20 years. I also haven't baked anything in 2 years, and in the last 10 years I can count on one hand how many times I baked...it was always for a birthday though.

Anyway, my husband was like "What's this all about?? You never do this!" and I said, "Maybe it means I'm pregnant!" and we both burst out laughing hysterically. I love that I can laugh with him and poke fun at myself (I'm a pretty crazy "symptom spotter").

I love those things - here in the UK they have these ready made ones that I am quite addicted too!!!

Gotta laugh huh or else you will just go crazy.......errrr.....or cry!!:dohh:

Emmi, so true! We often find humor in this process. I told DH that if we have to do it again next month, I'm buying a lab coat so I can feel official when I do the syringe-bit. My bathroom has turned into quite the laboratory what with AI syringes and Bravelle injections, etc!!

Ha - yep - I am starting to feel like a pharmacist!! When hubby came in with me for scan yesterday - he had to wear scrubs and I couldn't stop laughing - kept calling him Doogie Howser.

I think I forget to laugh about it all and sometimes I need to be reminded that I married my lovely man because he is a lovely man. You get so lost in the whole pressure of fertility and forget to have a giggle!! xx

LMAO...oh ladies! Over the weekend my DH passed by my bathroom and told it it looked like aisle 6 at CVS...LOL. Between OPK's, Pregnancy tests, tampons on the counter who wouldn't think that.

So today I had FSH and ANH drawn (got my regular medical doc to order the tests for me, he's great). Still no answer on the pain near my bellybutton, f/u w/gyn tomorrow afternoon. So then of course I had to google results for those labs and was getting worried but found this site: https://www.centerforhumanreprod.com/high_fsh.html. Hoping my FS will know all about this.
How's everyone feeling?

LMAO...oh ladies! Over the weekend my DH passed by my bathroom and told it it looked like aisle 6 at CVS...LOL. Between OPK's, Pregnancy tests, tampons on the counter who wouldn't think that.

So today I had FSH and ANH drawn (got my regular medical doc to order the tests for me, he's great). Still no answer on the pain near my bellybutton, f/u w/gyn tomorrow afternoon. So then of course I had to google results for those labs and was getting worried but found this site: https://www.centerforhumanreprod.com/high_fsh.html. Hoping my FS will know all about this.
How's everyone feeling?

Now remember not to google too much! Too much info can make you think that you have everything under the sun!!! Hoping that you get the answers that you are looking for! x

It's nice to know that I am not the only one who's bathroom looks like Walgreens lol. I am the queen of google and web md self diagnosis lol. I thought I had every symptom under the sun from 3-8 DPO I am 9 and now all my symptoms are gone except crying at everything, but I do that before AF anyway. So no more cramping and no more tender bb's so I am trying to keep grounded and level headed until Tuesday when AF is due to rear her ugly head...

oh lucky bug look at it this way...you get to practice more after AF...now i'm kicking myself for saying that cuz even i'm getting tired of hearing it.

I love my husband dearly but even tonight he's telling me "you'll be the next one pregnant" as we jogged passed a pregnant lady on the bike trail. Every which way I turn bam another pregnant chic....AAAAGGGGHHHHH.

I had some blood work drawn today thanks to my primary care physician (he's the best). I think he'd order every test there ever were if I asked. Anywho...hoping to have those results before going to GYN tomorrow afternoon to figure out why I'm having pain near my bellybutton.

Until tomorrow or some other epiphany I come up with...good night!

Bash, good luck at they gyno tomorrow!!

I'm so sorry you saw that pregnant woman. It's hard for me to see them, too :(

So I'm back to OPK's. I opened the new box to try and I got O which is what it should be. Then I took the last cycle's and dipped it and got blinking :). So my conclusion is...IDK...I think these tests are screwy cuz they tell you to save it for the next cycle when I buy the one's w/more than 10 sticks. Then I call for my FSH and ANH results and the nurse is like, oh those won't be back til tomorrow. Are you kidding me???
Oh well, GYN visit at 245p, we'll see what he says about this pain since Monday (probably nothing).
Everyone have a great day!

Hi, my name is Shelly and I'm 40 and also trying for #1. I just got a bfn after my 2nd dose of clomid. I got I pregnant after my 1st round but mc'd at 5 wks. I'm so discouraged. I see the dr. on Mon. she didn't want to put me in a 3rd dose until she sees me. I'm nervous and just feel like its never gonna happen. Been trying over a yr and its so hard being let down every month. My husband does not want to do IVF because of cost. Our ins. covers nothing that is considered infertility treatment. Wishing all of you that are going thru the same thing the best of luck. It isn't fair that so many get pregnant who do not want a baby or live a drug addicted lifestyle and us who will give our baby a loving home are not given this gift.

Hi, my name is Shelly and I'm 40 and also trying for #1. I just got a bfn after my 2nd dose of clomid. I got I pregnant after my 1st round but mc'd at 5 wks. I'm so discouraged. I see the dr. on Mon. she didn't want to put me in a 3rd dose until she sees me. I'm nervous and just feel like its never gonna happen. Been trying over a yr and its so hard being let down every month. My husband does not want to do IVF because of cost. Our ins. covers nothing that is considered infertility treatment. Wishing all of you that are going thru the same thing the best of luck. It isn't fair that so many get pregnant who do not want a baby or live a drug addicted lifestyle and us who will give our baby a loving home are not given this gift.

Hi Shelly - welcome and be assured that you are not alone. We all feel your heartbreak and unfairness of it all......It's soul destroying.....:cry:
And yes - why is it that so many people that don't deserve a baby have them - it's horrible.

I am in the midst of IVF/ICSI which we are funding - it's all very hard but we have no choice.

Wishing you the best of luck for Monday - hope that you can get more clomid or be prescribed something else that will help. xxx

Thank you Emmi, wishing you the best with your IVF/ICSI!!! I hope to read good news from you soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->