40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

Emmi, that is amazing and wonderful...good luck!!

AFM, I have some personal drama going on. My beloved cat is very ill. We're waiting on test results, but we think he has cancer. I'm a total wreck. I went in for my CD 3 scan today and all I did was cry about the cat. At least I don't have a cyst this time. I start my Femara tonight and go back Thursday the 26th for a checkup. Forgive me if I am unresponsive or distracted for a bit.

Emmi, that is amazing and wonderful...good luck!!

AFM, I have some personal drama going on. My beloved cat is very ill. We're waiting on test results, but we think he has cancer. I'm a total wreck. I went in for my CD 3 scan today and all I did was cry about the cat. At least I don't have a cyst this time. I start my Femara tonight and go back Thursday the 26th for a checkup. Forgive me if I am unresponsive or distracted for a bit.

Oh Kat - that is just awful - I have been through that a few times with family pets and it's heart breaking. Lots of love to you.:hugs: xxx

Hello Everyone - hope you are all okay! Have been a bit pie in the sky after EC - it all happens so quickly after what seems like ages of waiting!!!!!!:wacko:

I just had my call this morning after EC - I thought I was going to be sick on the phone as I was just fearing the worst!!!! They take so long to get to the nitty gritty - Lordy!

All 14 eggs were mature and 6 have fertilized!!! So happy and now so nervous again as ET tomorrow afternoon...... So Juniper - 2 day transfer with the embryoscope!

Am praying this works as it really is our one real chance of having a family.......

But onwards and upwards.

xxxx

Emmi, I am elated for you!!!!!!!!!!! you are doing great!! keeping all fingers crossed for you and lifting up prayers in your name!!!! really is great news!!!!

Kat, great news that there's no Cyst.
So sorry to hear about your kitty, I know how I would feel. In fact last Oct right as I was going through IUI I had to say goodbye to my beautiful Persian girl. This fertility stuff is hard enough. Hope your kitty is ok, sending positive vibes to you. x

Hello Everyone!!!! Am a bit bleary eyed with the lack of sleep - oh the stress of it all!!!

Kat - how are you and your cat?? Any results yet?? Thinking of you.

So I am now PUPO!! Totally loving that word - kind of Peepo with a twist

ET was all good except for the full bladder!! After being told last time that it wasn't full enough - I went a tad overboard and drank a barrel load!! I appear to have gained a reputation after my Carry on Doctor episode under sedation - the thought of peeing myself in theatre was not the greatest thought!!! But all was good - we transferred 2 embys - only 3 were good enough for transfer and we thought 3 was maybe pushing it. Alas - no embys were able to be frozen.....

But - apart from being knackered - I am being as positive as I can!!!

I think the 2ww may be a killer!!!

How are you all???

xxxx

Emmi, I am hoping so hard that your babies stick!! You're almost there!

Me? I'm really depressed. I just took him out in the yard for some sunshine and grass time. He loves going out on his leash and usually runs all around. Today he walked slowly, stopped and lay down a lot. At least he got out there to smell the smells and feel the grass under his paws. I called the vet. The results are in, but my doc wasn't in the office yet. They prefer the examining doc to interpret and call with the results, so I have to wait. She's expected in some time today, so I am on pins and needles. I take my phone with me to the bathroom! I can't miss that call.

Emmi, I am hoping so hard that your babies stick!! You're almost there!

Me? I'm really depressed. I just took him out in the yard for some sunshine and grass time. He loves going out on his leash and usually runs all around. Today he walked slowly, stopped and lay down a lot. At least he got out there to smell the smells and feel the grass under his paws. I called the vet. The results are in, but my doc wasn't in the office yet. They prefer the examining doc to interpret and call with the results, so I have to wait. She's expected in some time today, so I am on pins and needles. I take my phone with me to the bathroom! I can't miss that call.

Oh Honey - I really feel for you. I love having pets - I have a doggie at the moment - but there is always that moment when they get old or unwell. Totally know how you are feeling. :hugs: xxx

Emmi, woo hoo, you're pupo! I had a very similar experience with the full bladder at embryo transfer. I wonder if they ever do actually have someone pee!
Kat, it's so hard when you have I'll pets. I'm sure you know when cats feel poorly they can be very withdrawn, fingers crossed the results were good. How's the cycle going for you? x

Emmi, woo hoo, you're pupo! I had a very similar experience with the full bladder at embryo transfer. I wonder if they ever do actually have someone pee!
Kat, it's so hard when you have I'll pets. I'm sure you know when cats feel poorly they can be very withdrawn, fingers crossed the results were good. How's the cycle going for you? x

Thank you Pussycat!! Now I have the 2ww which is making me totally bananas:wacko: So much to think about in not overdoing it etc and then the stress of hoping that it's a BFP.....

Oh - I am sure that have people pee in theatre - a few more minutes and I would've opened the flood gates!!! :rain:

Hey Ladies...haven't been on in a bit... quick update, finally rec'd all of my records going back 2 years of FSH levels. Not sure what it means but my FSH has slowly risen over the past 2 years. Oct 2011 3.6, Jan 13 6.3 and Sept 13 10.0. So if I was at 6.3 in January, had surgery to remove a polyp and got a BFP end of April...I'm praying the FS tomorrow tells me that the 10 is just as good as the 6.3 was and maybe that 10 isn't a true 10 since the ectopic surgery was at the very end of July. Things that make you go hmmmm. Oh and the best is that my last U/S w/the idiot doc clearly states there is something near my Right ovary and NOTHING in my uterus...so why did I HAVE to have a D&C????? Update tomorrow night after FS appt. Have a good night!

Kat - So sorry about your kitty - Even though I am new here I just wanted to send you :hugs: This fertility stuff can be very depressing and adding more stress just doesnt help. On a positive note I am happy for you that you don't have another cyst!

Emmi-Congrats! I will be praying for your BFP!

I am still waiting for AF. I am on day 3 after finishing the provera. The nurse said it could take up to 2 weeks for AF to show up, so I am impatiently waiting. I hope I get good news like Kat and no cysts!

I just want to say again I am so happy to have found this thread and talk with people going through the same things!

Kat - So sorry about your kitty - Even though I am new here I just wanted to send you :hugs: This fertility stuff can be very depressing and adding more stress just doesnt help. On a positive note I am happy for you that you don't have another cyst!

Emmi-Congrats! I will be praying for your BFP!

I am still waiting for AF. I am on day 3 after finishing the provera. The nurse said it could take up to 2 weeks for AF to show up, so I am impatiently waiting. I hope I get good news like Kat and no cysts!

I just want to say again I am so happy to have found this thread and talk with people going through the same things!

Hi Iowa girl - thank you for that! The 2 week wait is something else. Am only on day 2 and going crazy!!

Really hoping that you have no cysts - life is so unfair sometimes and we deserve better! Hope that pesky AF come soon.

x

Emmi, ride it out hon, you're nearly there! Got everything crossed for you, every one of us deserves this.
Kat, how you doing? Sending you much love.
Iowa girl, I've only been on here a couple of weeks and the support is amazing. I'm having a tough time at the moment and these girls are awesome.
Bash, hope you got some answers. I think FSH levels can fluctuate with age but also with stress. xx

Met the FS...our best bet of course is IVF (not covered by insurance) however IUI is. Nothing I didn't already know. So based on my age, and less one tube was why we are going to try IUI. To which I said, unless I don't get AF next week. I really feel AF on her way so we shall see. And you all know the drill if she does show up...call the office, go in for blood work and ultrasound, then I need to go again the following week for an endometrial biopsy and and another ultrasound...THEN I would go on the pill for 2 weeks and then start the drugs...yadda yadda yadda....like I said you know the drill. So of course still praying for a BFP in a week but if not we are going forward w/IUI and then cross the IVF bridge if/when we get there. Of course I just started a new job, so not sure how all of this will unfold but I'm putting it into God's hands cuz I sure can't figure this all out.

Bash, you go on the Pill for 2 weeks? Ah, that's a new one to me! What's that do for you?

Iowa and Emmi, waiting is SO hard!! I hope you guys have lots to do to distract you.

Today is one of my best friend's 30th birthday. Since it's a big milestone we have people coming in from out of town, so I'll have people here all weekend and I won't be around much.

Waiting for the results of Dashwood's latest biopsy so we can figure out what his treatment plan is going to be. In the meantime we're giving him Prednisone pills (steriods) to help shrink the tumors. He's eating a little, but his energy level is so low.

Kat...supposedly regulates something, I'm not sure...at first I said no way because it's a form of contraception but then I asked what the advantage of being on the pill for a month was and she said it's only 2 weeks...just gets me to start IUI sooner...honestly, not sure...LOL.

Hi guys, just wanted to peek in and say hi. Did IUI #2 this morning. Now for the 2WW. Seems like a loooooooooong road ahead.

Hi guys, just wanted to peek in and say hi. Did IUI #2 this morning. Now for the 2WW. Seems like a loooooooooong road ahead.

Oooooo fingers crossed for you Kismet!! Thinking of you.:flower:

How are you all Ladies???

I am feeling a tad crappy today - I think that I had such a lovely weekend with hubby but now to more thinking time on this horrible 2ww!! I tripped over the dog and lost the plot - wailed down the phone at hubbster. But he pointed out that as I landed on my knees and didn't use any stomach muscles and as I have ample cushioning - I would be fine.:winkwink:

Bloody hate this wait - have so long to go!!!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"