40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

Hi ladies, hope everyone is well.
Kay, be interested to hear how you get on with acupuncture. I have considered it but Feel like ive been popping pills / adjusting my diet etc etc for so long now that ultimately none of these things are going to get over the fact that I just have rotten eggs and I screwed up by leaving the baby thing too late :( Sorry that sounds very negative but over the past few months i suddenly feel old, maybe too old.
Iowa, that's tough, hang on there though, we're all pretty good at this waiting game. The drs frustrate me so much, sometimes I just feel like shaking them and reminding them that time is precious and we're not textbook cases but real people and they have the power to help us change our lives. I think sometimes they forget that. I've felt the same about my clinic but stay with as they're so close and it's one less stress to worry about when I need multiple scans etc.
Bash good luck with this cycle! Hopefully you won't need 5 rounds of IUI. We tried 2 then skipped straight to IVF, however we are completely self funded so if we'd kept going with IUI it would have eaten into our IVF funds. Temps have dropped here in the UK too, no snow (I live by the sea on the south coast so doesn't happen often anyway) but biting cold wind. Just about to wrap up warm and spend a couple of hours at my allotment 🍂🍃x

A spot of gardening on a cold day - lovely. What are you growing Pussycat?

Iowa can you switch? I'm having a bad experience w/the current FS and am set up to switch if this cycle w/the quack doesn't work.

AFM... I had my scan this morning after 2 days of Follistim 225units each day and only have 2 follies on each side. She said I could get more and I go back on Monday. However, now she tells me i have a fibroid not in my cavity but near it and it's 1cm and she's watching it. This is the first i'm hearing about it AND she acts like she told me from the test i had where she washed my uterus. Yet another quack!!!
Frustrating Bash - I get so disenchanted with (some) doctors and their inability to communicate with patients.

Ok, 2 good sized follies on the LEFT woohoo, 3 smaller on the right. Had to take Ganaralix this morning and that stuff is burning still OUCH. But Wed looks like our day for IUI!!! Only a couple of more injections is how I look at it until the TWW and the gross progesterone gel again. Good times, good times!!! How was everyone's weekend??? Is anyone else on the same cycle days as me? I'm CD 8 today.

I should know better than to go to the internet to check symptoms but I did it any way. Now I am worried that I am perimenapausal. The first symptom of that is AF being super heavy with small blood clots. For the past 2 cycles that is what I have had. AF has never been like that. It also said low libido was a sign and I feel that too! From what I read I could still get pregnant but I think my chances are low. Why do I do this to myself!???

Sorry...pity party over! Thanks for listening!

Iowa...my periods have changed since the ectopic over the spring/summer. But honestly, I've come to embrace the change. One day heavy and then a light and then poof I just spot for 3 more and it's over. I've had my period for over 30 years, so I'm ok with the change. I've come to terms and know that this is not up to me. God has a plan for each and every one of us and it's His will not mine. If He wants us to have kids, we will if not He has other plans for us. Who knows maybe travel the world.
Please no disrespect to anyone but I personally cannot dwell on this. I'm thrilled with 2 follies and I have a good feeling for this cycle but I can only do so much. It's all in God's hands.
God bless!!!

Iowa...my periods have changed since the ectopic over the spring/summer. But honestly, I've come to embrace the change. One day heavy and then a light and then poof I just spot for 3 more and it's over. I've had my period for over 30 years, so I'm ok with the change. I've come to terms and know that this is not up to me. God has a plan for each and every one of us and it's His will not mine. If He wants us to have kids, we will if not He has other plans for us. Who knows maybe travel the world.
Please no disrespect to anyone but I personally cannot dwell on this. I'm thrilled with 2 follies and I have a good feeling for this cycle but I can only do so much. It's all in God's hands.
God bless!!!

Thank you Bash, I agree it is in God's hands. As much as I tell myself not to think to much or try to steer myself away from the stress of all this, I keep coming back and it consumes my thoughts. Good Luck this cycle! Praying for you and giving you postive vibes!

Hi ladies, I've got over my own little pity party, sorry about that! Clizzard, a day on the plot was exactly what I needed! Came home and made a big pot of parsnip soup (healthy lunch for work!), they say there's not much growing this time of year, but I still have loads; parsnips, leeks, kale, beetroot, pak choi, the last of the broccoli, all good stuff! Not feeling so old anymore, just a little creaky.
Bash, that's great news, hyoid luck tomorrow!
Iowa, it's do hard not to consult dr google and to see things in every change, we all do it. xx

I don't think there is anything wrong with a little pity partying! Just don't let it consume your life and have a laugh about it later. Life is all about the ups and downs - it would not be fun if we always got everything we wanted. Saying this I know how heartbreaking it can be when you want kids and it's not happening.
That's why we have these boards and now I let myself have 15-30 minutes a day of thinking about TTC. I am on here and googling crazy symptoms and then I move on (or try to). Most of the time that works.
Thrilled about the follies Bash! Good luck
Iowa, nothing wrong with you being consumed with it all at the moment. Nothing at all.

Totally agree with sometimes having a pity party - it's natural! But as you say Clizard - it's trying not to let it consume your life. I feel cramps from AF so it's another disapointment for me - all the build up and then that big crushing feeling when it doesn't happen.....I really struggle with it and as I am 43 in January - I really feel the pressure and can't help but feel heartbroken. But somehow gotta keep the faith.

But though I feel like moping - will force myself to go for a swim this lunchtime and then later will write some Christmas cards - anything to keep me occupied!

x

hi, i just wanted to post this i would like to give you hope (encourgement) as ive read a little of your thread and it touched me,i dont want you to think that im a fine one to talk as i have a lot of children because its not intended that way ,im now pregnant with baby no.12 (surprise baby) at the grand old age of 40.i tried extremley hard to get pregnant with baby no.10-11 and even with my history of conceiving easily i found it took me well over a year to conceive both of them,i did everything i could taking all sorts of vits and potions opks temping everything,i have a very short lp of only 8-9 days and i thought it wouldnt happen convinced it was my age as i was well over 35 now,well after baby no.11 i was done and happy stopped charting stopped everything,my cycles were all over the place but i didnt care as i was happy with what i had totally relaxed and not stressing anymore over ttc,then bam my baby was only 5 months old when i foundout i was pregnant again,i couldnt believe it i thought there must be something else wrong with me as i was convinced due to my my age and how long i tried before that i would never fall pregnant again without some serious charting vits etc,sadly the babys heart stopped beating at 8 weeks and i lost her 3 weeks later,again i thought i lost baby due to my age etc,anyway 5 months later to my total shock and horror i found out i was pregnant again couldnt believe it as with no temps vits ac opks and doing everything at the right time before i still didnt fall,also the very short lp which seemed to get shorter as i got older,im now 15 weeks pregnant and so far so good i know its nothing compared to what you guys are going through,but i honstley truly think being relaxed and trying not to focous on babymaking all the time is what did it as while it was all i thought about i never caught ,when i actually didnt think about did nothing and just lived my life i went and fell pregnant twice in the space of 10 months , i really do believe that your age is not the main factor,rather your state of mind,i wish you all the best and good luck ladies,i hope i dont offend by writing this.xxxx

Totally agree with sometimes having a pity party - it's natural! But as you say Clizard - it's trying not to let it consume your life. I feel cramps from AF so it's another disapointment for me - all the build up and then that big crushing feeling when it doesn't happen.....I really struggle with it and as I am 43 in January - I really feel the pressure and can't help but feel heartbroken. But somehow gotta keep the faith.

But though I feel like moping - will force myself to go for a swim this lunchtime and then later will write some Christmas cards - anything to keep me occupied!

x
Emmi, think your swimming idea is a good one. I love the lanes when you want a bit of 'quiet' brain time, nothing like swimming to make you focus on your breathing and forget the world.
I am now 2 days late, BUT, and it's a big but (no jokes) I am pretty positive that the higher dose of vitex is causing it all not to mention the fact that I am now 43 and should be expecting some weird(er) cycles from here on.
Still thankful that the crazy hormones have calmed down and my symptoms have settled significantly for the first time since my miscarriage.
Liz

2 big follies on the left 1 good one on the right WOOHOO, IUI scheduled for Friday morning! Babydance tonight...last injection tomorrow of trigger! And then the TWW...Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Very exciting Bash! Have a lovely time over the next few days (and couple of weeks) and enjoy all of it x

I poas for OPK yesterday was nothing which is good what we wanted, then this morning was faint and that was before trigger so i'm still good. Will do one more today and maybe tomorrow before IUI to see if I'm O'ing.
Have a great day!!!

Quail, thank you for your encouragement. We need all we can get. So happy for you and your success.

Liz, any news over there?

Bash, good luck on your IUI this morning!!

AFM, 11dpo and BFN. I got my "Day 7 Curse" on day 9, so I know my period is coming.

I now need a true miracle as DH's sample was not good this morning. Not many fishes at all. :( I was soooo sure because my eggs were brewing this would be it. IUI was still done and we have to do the baby dance tonight and then tomorrow. Uggghhhh, the wind was taken right out of my sail when the doc said that. But...WE had to ask cuz we looked under the microscope and I said to DH I don't see much and only 1 moving??? She didn't offer that to us, I had to pry. Either way, the miracle would be great and if not, I get to start w/the new doc next cycle.

Quail, thank you for your encouragement. We need all we can get. So happy for you and your success.

Liz, any news over there?

Bash, good luck on your IUI this morning!!

AFM, 11dpo and BFN. I got my "Day 7 Curse" on day 9, so I know my period is coming.

Kat - wondered how things were going for you - shame that the curse turned up as usual. Enjoy some Thanksgiving wine/food instead!
AF turned up a day ago for me - knew the vitex was stretching the cycle out and I was just loving feeling like I was 25 again with no PMS...

Aww, Liz, I'm sorry AF showed. Still waiting for mine to start. Took a FRER this morning and BFN (12 dpo). Well, we'll just try again in December. This next cycle is going to be a tough one for me because I got pregnant last year in December. Found out on Christmas Eve that I was pregnant. I think this anniversary will be worse than the predicted due date passing by because this one actually happened. And it's a reminder that a whole 12 months has gone by and I'm still not pregnant again. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->