40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

Here is the million $ question this morning...do i continue the Crinone (icky gel suppository) or stop it since I got another BFN? Beta test is Friday and I know it will be negative. I feel like AF could burst if I would stop taking that crap.

Bash, what day are you?

AFM, I dreamed I was 16 weeks pregnant, but hadn't been to the drs yet because I kept expecting to lose the baby and didn't see the point. I thought "Well, I'm 16 weeks now. I should probably start taking prenatal vitamins and see the doctor!".

Hoping it's a good sign, but then again I've dreamed of being pregnant like 10 times now, so it's just my hopes manifesting in my dreams.

I'm CD 11 today. Got a negative on an OPK, so I'm still brewing.

Got a call from the doc I'm leaving today, well not her but her staff wanting to now why I was leaving. I was very kind and said it was because their hours weren't convenient for us. I really wanted to tell them it was because the doc is an idiot but thought you never know if IVF is cheaper w/them LOL.
Only 2 more days...Yippee.

Bash, it will be great to get away from that dopey doc! I have a good feeling about the new one!

AFM, my Clearblue Digital Advanced OPK went straight from "open circle" (not near ovulation) yesterday straight to "solid smiley" (ovulation asap) today. Usually you get a few days of "blinking smiley" in between as your hormone levels start to amp up for ovulation. I wonder what this means? I don't have any EWCM, but I was crampy pretty much all last week. I'll take a cheapie opk later on today and see what that says. I don't feel like I'm ovulating already (CD 12).

So glad to see there is a 40+ and trying for our first thread. My hubby and I got married when I was 34 and he was just turning 31(we got married on his birthday). Neither one of us has any kids, and we wanted to wait before starting a family. Well, we might have waited too long before really trying. We have been trying for almost 2 years now... I am 40 and he is 37. We have had one miscarriage and just recently a chemical pregnancy ( which I count as a miscarriage.) We are going to see what kind of fertility help we can get next Wednesday. Well, good luck to everyone on getting that BFP and having a healthy pregnancy and baby. I am optimistic it will happen for my hubby and myself, if God wills it. I have heard of so many women having healthy babies in their 40's. Here's to us! :thumbup:

Welcome, Daisy! You can safely post here without seeing 25 year olds brag about their BFP after one month of trying or other ladies bragging about their other kids. This is a place for US!! I'm so sorry about your losses (I had a miscarriage last January) and hope you get your rainbow baby.

Welcome Daisypetals! You'll get loads of support and advice (if you want it), between all of us we've probably got just about every possible scenario covered!
Hope all you other lovely 40+ ladies are doing well, here's hoping Christmas brings us all some special presents.
AFM another month another visit from AF, it's no longer a surprise. :(

Hrm...not only do I not have ewcm...today's ic opk says not ovulating. Can you really have a 24 hour window and that's it? I hope I didn't miss it!

Welcome Daisy!

Kat...I think sometimes the window could be less than 24 but idk

AFM Got my "official" beta negative yesterday but i knew it didn't work this cycle. Moving forward to next cycle and new doc, can't wait!

Bash, sorry it didn't work :( however really glad you're being positive and hopefully the new doctor will bring better support (and luck). Will be interested to hear what they say as I think you said previously we're at very similar stages in our 'fertility life'. Have you considered DE? That's where we're at now, just waiting. We can't go on throwing money and hope with my eggs, 2 failed IVFs and 4 failed IUI have taken their toll and I'm feeling emotionally (and financially) drained. Each time it's like a little bit of the fight is chipped away and a little bit of me is lost and I need to have some conclusion before I get too lost. So onwards and upwards using some other amazing persons eggs.
I hope your next step is happier than they've been.
Kat, after all the drugs my cycles were all over the place, but I've now had 2 months of pretty regular so hoping I'm getting back to 'normal', I think when you get to our age you just have to get down to it as often as possible, however I know how hard that is when you have the added complications that you and I have. xx

Pussycat...I know how you feel. I doubt we will do IVF honestly. There is a moral and religious issue with it for us. I'm not saying never, but very strongly will most likely not. As far as IUI, well, I look at it like this...my 1st IUI was a "trial" I think cuz it was clomid, very low dose of follistim and then had to take estrogen was really not a good one...2nd (this last cycle) doc increased the follistim and then DH's sample wasn't superb (don't know why) so I figure that sorta didn't count. Now I figure 3's a charm right? So today will be CD1, I go tomorrow for blood work and U/S to new office, hoping the roads aren't a sheet of ice tomorrow morning. New doc increasing Follistim to 300 units and not suppressing like dopey did and I go from there. I will try to do 12 IUI's as my insurance covers it. But who knows, I may throw in the towel before that. It's very time consuming and my life being run by my cycles is very annoying. I am grateful that I've been 28 days to the day though even being on the meds. The only thing that screwed w/my cycle was the surgeries I had over the summer. Ok, off to wrap presents then shovel the driveway, good times!!! LOL

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to check in to see how everyone was doing and wish everyone a very Merry Christmas! Hopefully the magic of Christmas will have have some affect on us and give us that baby we are hoping for!

AFM - AF is due anyday, then back to the DR. Hopefully no cysts and can start on the higher dose of drugs this cycle. Hoping for a Christmas Miracle!:xmas9:

:hug: and :dust: to everyone!

Hi I just read through the thread and hope to join. I turn 40 in July and we have been trying since march of 2012. We just did iui number 6. I will know within a few days whether it worked.

This year and a half has been very difficult because of the pressure of age. As each month goes by my hope and expectations change.

We will do 3 more months of iui with clomid if not successful this month. I've had 3 unmedicated and three with clomid.

Good luck everyone

Had a GREAT first appt with new office today. Blood work, ultrasound and instructions all done in about 20 minutes, was home by 8am woohoo. I have 8 follies on the right and 4 on the left. Meds start tomorrow!!! Next scan and bloodwork Friday!

Bash, that's great news! So glad you've had a better experience this time. Number of follies is great, sounds like you're in a great staring place.
BabyHopes, welcome and wishing you the best of luck over the next couple of days. I know how you feel about the pressures of time, but you are doing everything you can and hopefully this will be your month.
xx

Hi, Everyone! I can't believe it's going to be christmas and not one of us has gotten pregnant yet. I can't stop thinking that "this time last year I was pregnant". I was saying that to my husband, and he said he almost doesn't want me to get pregnant this month, because it has bad memories attached to it: It's the month that begins a pregnancy that fails and breaks your heart. I feel the same anxiety, but I'd still prefer a BFP.

I'm still in the early stages of my TWW, but I know how unlikely my chances are given my age and statistics...blah blah blah. My husband has finally said he thinks we can afford IVF once we pay off the credit card, which he thinks we can do around summer. Now, do I pay for the cheaper one-time IVF and pray for the best or do I pay twice the amount and go for the 3-IVF package with a guarantee "take-home baby" or it's "free". I see that for women my age, it seems to take more than one IVF to succeed, so I'm leaned towards the IVF package. Lots to research!

*EDIT*
Wow. I just read the fine print. You have to be under 39 to be eligible for the IVF guarantee, or you must agree to use donor eggs. *flails arms* REALLY?? Ugh.

Big Hugs Kat - I can imagine how you feel at this time of year. I have a heavy heart as I thought that I would be 3 months pregnant at Christmas after the IVF.

That's great news that you maybe able to look at IVF but yep - we were told that by using donor eggs that our chances would really improve......But I am not ready to look at that just yet - still keeping the faith that we can do using my own eggs.

So much to think about hey......

I am on day 21 of my cycle and hoping for a magical Christmas present - no AF!!!

XXX

2012-Donor-Egg-Stats_IVF-vs-Donor-Egg1.jpg

Wow, I didn't realize that even with IVF, birth rates for women over 40 was only 19%. And that's if you get pregnant at all. No wonder they insist on donor eggs.

Hi everyone, getting closer to Christmas and wishing everyone their Christmas miracle!

Here's my update:
AF came like a storm last Saturday, it was absolutely the worst period I've ever had, super heavy bleeding and super crampy, and super duper emotional. I was crying all over the place.

My acupuncturist thinks this is good. She says it means what she's been doing is having an effect on my body and my cycle. She also says that it is possible I was pregnant and lost it. My AF came at least 2 days late (CD 30) and my cycles are typically 26-28 days long. There is no way to know now. So all I can do is stay positive and believe that acupuncture is helping me.

It's really what I"m counting on now. I'm really not interested doing any more IUI, and the likelihood of ever doing IVF is so small it's nonexistant (due to cost).

So I hope and pray and carry on...

Welcome Babyhopes.
Nice follies Bash!
Good luck everyone, it seems we're all trucking along...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->