40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

so i will most likely poas to test out the trigger in the morning...currently feel like crap...prob run down but i feel a sore throat starting and a post nasal drip and tired and achy...ugggghhhhhh. other than that, a lot less cramps from the hormones this cycle...it's prob all of the Christmas sweets i've over indulged in....I will post tomorrow's results in the morning. Good night!!!

Hi girls
Good luck everyone.
Bash73 hope iui has done it for you!
We're gonna go for our 3rd ivf/icsi in the next couple of months. Had 3 natural pregnancies, all mmc. I actually got a bfp on my 40th birthday! But sadly not to be. Both DH & I have rubbish fertility - cant get preg, cant stay preg. But we'll keep trying. X

trigger is def out...had estrogen and progesterone levels tested yesterday all in check and yes still on the icky crinone ugghhh. I will start poas tomorrow and pray for a bfp between then and the 8th. Happy New Year to All!

Hey ladies...I know this is not my place to be but I just felt compelled to wish you all the best of luck on your ttc journey. I cannot say I know how you feel, but I know your journey must be tough. Baby dust to you all and good luck babes:hugs:

I hid my signature also to not upset anyone

Hello everyone,

Bash - good luck! I am about the same place you are.

I did have a question for all of you that have done the IUI. I am on day 11 now. I have been taking 225 of Follistem and 225 of menapor. My U/S today showed 1 follicle on the right and 1 on the left that were almost 15mm. Is that normal for day 11? I thought they should be bigger by now....I am a little worried. I am supposed to keep taking the meds until Thursday then I go back for another U/S. Hopefully they get bigger and then I can take the trigger and do the IUI. Thanks for any input.

Kat- the last time when I tried Bravelle and it didnt work, my dr said I should go with donor eggs. My thoughts were the same as you, the baby wouldn't have my DNA, or look like me. I told the Dr I was not ready for that and wanted to keep trying for IUI. I am interested to see where your journey takes you and if this IUI doesn't work and after I pay off this $7000 medication I had to purchase(insurance doesnt pay for)....I also might start checking into donor eggs.

Happy New Year!

IowaGirl...so this was my 3rd cycle for IUI and was the 1st w/the new group of docs. Cycle 1 was clomid and 75 units of follistim and triggered like day 11 and IUI on 12 which I thought was too soon. Cycle 2, meds increased to 225 of follistim no clomid had ewcm but DH's sperm were not very good, so IUI done but didn't look good. Not sure of sizes as the doc never shared much info I used to look at the U/S Screen and take pics w/my phone of the screen after she left. But each cycle w/her i had at least 1 on the left and couple on the right but never as big as Cycle 3. So I was on Follistim from CD3 to CD8 (was psyched on 5 days) triggered on CD9 because my left folly was over 20 i think it was 21 oh yeah and cycle 2 doc had me on ganoralex to suppress every night too what a joke. So impo, cycle 1 and 2 were sort of a waste as Cycle three meds increased to 300 units of follistim and they grew faster and bigger. I had 2 on the right and 1 on the left. Hubby's fish were great, so now we wait...LOL I made a rhyme. But i tested out the trigger which has been out by day 6 piui. Tomorrow is 8 dpiui and will start poas and pray for the bfp. Even though I know it could take another full week. I wasn't on menapor not sure what that's used for. But if this didn't work this cycle, my insurance increased the price on the follistim as it is "non preferred" as of tomorrow and another common drug will be preferred. WHATEVER, thanks mr obama. But i shouldn't complain as I know I am lucky to have my drugs covered.

Iowa,
when I was doing IUI and had my follies checked, Id get them check on day 12 or 13 so a little later than you. My doc said that you typically want them to be about size 20 as best chances, and they can grow 1-2 mm per day, so being at 15 on day 11 seems just about right, assuming you trigger on day 12 and O/IUI on day 14 or something like that. You can always call your doc for their opinion on size/day/timing.

Good luck to EVERYONE! Happy New Year with a HEAVY sprinkling of baby dust to us all! 2014 will be the year!!!

poas bfn...it's only 8dpiui...however just went to wee and had lots of mucous along w/clumps of ick from crinone....usually it's just nasty clumps like tp or tissue is the only way i can explain it and very dry, so this is something new. although I have a terrible cold so maybe it mucous from that coming out wherever it can, sorry for tmi. i was hoping maybe it's signs of a bfp in the next few days

just thought that when i got my bfp (ectopic) i think i remember having ewcm prior to but that was like 8 months ago and i wasn't writing everything down then...oh well just have to wait it out...by the way this cold is getting worse i feel like crap, not the way i intended on starting this year i wanted to be healthy!

Hope both the mucous & the cold are good signs for you Bash fx

Fun with OPKs! My dollar store shows ovulation but the Clearblue gave me an open circle (not close yet). Today is CD 8 or 9. We're just gonna start home inseminations tonight and go through the weekend to cover our bases.

Good luck to everyone where ever you are in your cycle!

Hi everybody, I' d like to join your group after reading through all your postings.
I'm now 43 turning 44 in April. First natural pregnancy with 41 after 10 years of ttc, m/c 11.week. Second pregnancy 2013, due date march 2014, m/c 11.week. Still ttc and hopefully carry to term our first.

Welcome Rosalia99! I hope you get your dream!

10dpiui...BFN...didn't expect anything other than that. Still fighting this cold which now feels like a sinus infection. UGGGGHHHHH can't catch a break!

:( Bash I'm sorry. and I hope your sinus infection leaves your system very soon!

Went back to dr on day 13. Follies were 16.5 on with one on each side. The nurse told me the slower they grow the better. That means better quality. Not sure if that's true but I choose to believe it! Did 1 more day of meds but didn't have another u/s so hopefully they grew to 18 like they wanted. Today is day 15 and did the trigger. Scheduled for IUI on Sunday! I really hope this is my time! Would be a great start to 2014

Best of luck to you, Iowagirl!

Well, I started coming down with a bad cold yesterday, so we didn't do another insemination last night. The opks were showing no ovulation anymore as of Thurs night, so the Tuesday insem has to be it this cycle.

Iowa, i'm gonna ask about the growing slowly at my doc this week but i would tend to think that the more meds the faster they grow? idk, just thinking that's all

Kat, feel better, my cold is just about over

afm...i think i'm out as i'm getting AF symptoms, like wanting salty foods, been up sweating the last few nights. Wed is my beta. I'll poas possibly tomorrow if not Monday but really don't feel anything. This is the first cycle I truly have no symptoms. I think I am immune to the progesterone side effects, no sore boobs this time.

Hi all! New to this forum and thought i'd say hi. I'll be 41 this Sept 2014 and am trying for #1...

I did an FSH test in December 2012 and all was good and normal quantity-wise and JUST decided in October of 2013 that we'd go ahead and try. Hubby and I were living in different states for work...hence the delay.

Little background:
went off long-time BC for a year and a half, went back on in Jan 2013 and off again in July 2013.
October 2013 we decided to say hell with condoms but didn't really time it, chart it, etc. Was just a "why not" moment.
November we used a few iphone apps on which i'd been charting my periods and we had sex around ovulation and OPK's...BUT...used lubrication not knowing that that was a NO NO.
December we finally clued in and bought Pre-Seed, sex around +OPK and egg white CM. Also started Acupuncture + Chinese Herbs with a fertility Acupuncturist who aided in 3 births for my neighbor (figured it can't hurt!).
Just had my second appt with the Acupuncturist and took a blood test with another doc just to test levels of Cortisol, etc...see if there's anything I can boost naturally to help! Now in the 2WW. Just bought a basil therm to start charting next month...and sending DH to check his swimmers since we don't have the luxury to try for years...

Today is 9dpo...positive OPK on Christmas, pretty sure I ovulated on the 26th...hoping this month takes as i'm kind of worried about the whole "mature age" crap! lol

Anyone in a similar boat? Would be fabulous to have a buddy to check in with...

Baby dust to y'all! ~C

Babymaker73, I can safely say we are ALL in the same boat more or less. Welcome to the madness that is TTC over 40! I hope you get your baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->