40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

Emmi...enjoy, enjoy, enjoy and please eat and drink for me!!!

Emmi...enjoy, enjoy, enjoy and please eat and drink for me!!!

Oh I will Honey - gotta practise eating for 2 :thumbup::flower::happydance:

Fingers crossed for you - what a journey hey!!!

x

I havent been on this forum for awhile, AF came 2 days early so IUI#2 has failed. I really thought this was going to be the one. It really depressed me and I cried for 2 days. Even though we dont have the money my DH said we could try again. I am going to try to lose some weight in the 2 months and then try again. I will be 42 in May and am hoping for the miracle before then. I was just wondering where everyone purchased thier Fertility monitors? I checked Walmart and Target and neither had them. Also wondering where you get your supplements, like the CQ10? I saw that Walmart had them but they look so generic! Makes me wonder if they will work?! :wacko:

Kat - as for the earlier posts I do not feel like you were out of line. I am so glad I have not checked the forum for awhile because that would have really knocked me down. I do understand that she was trying to make us hopeful but I agree there are other forums for that. Hopefully that is done with and we can all go on with what we are here for and that is major support!

Good Luck on everyone's cycles this month!

How you doing Kat? What a hard week for you *HUG* I also like your friends comment about snow. Its a nice thought.

Emmi happy birthday, I am sorry you are able to eat/drink whatever you want, but enjoy yourself!

Iowa I buy all my supplements online, mostly thru amazon. I found some COQ10 for reasonable prices there. Whenever my AF arrives I also get extremely sad and depressed. It only lasts a few days and then I cheer up again, but for 2 days you definitely can barely talk to me about any topic without me bursting into tears.

AFM, on CD13 I had my U/S, I had 3 follies on each side. Of the 6, 3 will be large and should release when I ovulate. 1 was pretty small so probably won't get big enough, the other 2 are a maybe. My lining was 11.9 which is thicker than its ever been, yay! I'm doing ovidrel injection tomorrow morning (CD15). I went to acupuncture today and she "stimulated" me, my acupuncturist is very hopeful that this is a good cycle and might be "the one". Keeping my fingers crossed.

pussycat I dont know what to say about your donor situation. You were so happy and hopeful a few posts ago... but I guess this is part of all of it, some things just dont work out. If that donor doesnt work out, you shall find another. Its part of the crappy-ness of all of it that it takes so much time and effort, so much trial and error, and waiting, and starting over, etc. hang in there.

Pussycat1, OH NO!! Oh I can't believe it! Sweetie, I would be just heartbroken and I totally understand crying on the bus. You are amazing for holding out long enough to leave work. I hope she comes around and everything turns out ok. In the meantime, you just vent here whenever you need to.

Emmi, Ugh :( I hear you about the whole eating and drinking thing. The first year I did this I was SO careful about caffeine and alcohol, eating my greens, etc. What did it get me? Nothing! So for the past two months I've just gone about my usual business no matter what time of the month it is. Helps me feel normal and to not think about it so much because I don't have to make sure I choose 7-Up over Coke if I'm going to have a soda, etc. I just choose what I want and keep going.

Kaysbc, sounds like you're brewing up a good sized follie or two! Wishing you success this cycle!!!

Kay I use nature's bounty coq10 and just started it as i think it was an oversight w/the doc not telling me to start it 2 cycles ago? I take so many supplements and meds that maybe she thought i was on it, or maybe it really doesn't work. no harm in trying i figured so CVS had buy one, get one free this week as it's expensive and need 600mg daily.
Sounds like you have a good cycle going for you! Much better than I did, I had to trigger early on CD8 and had my IUI on CD9 as I had a follie brewing on it's own was 14mm on CD1.

AFM...today is 7 days post trigger and there is still a very very faint line on FRER. My trigger for the last 3 cycles was totally gone on day 6, shake my head. I only have CB's left. It's def lighter than it was 2 days ago. Maybe another trip to CVS? Or just wait it out. I'm thinking i'm gonna wait it out. I can use $20 for something else, like meds for the next cycle.

Where is everyone in their cycle? My Beta is scheduled for Feb. 3 and I'm prob not going to test at home unless I start getting crazy symptoms as I'm not on any hormone supplements for the first time in 4 cycles so if I feel something it could be legit.
Stay warm!

Pussycat1, OH NO!! Oh I can't believe it! Sweetie, I would be just heartbroken and I totally understand crying on the bus. You are amazing for holding out long enough to leave work. I hope she comes around and everything turns out ok. In the meantime, you just vent here whenever you need to.

Emmi, Ugh :( I hear you about the whole eating and drinking thing. The first year I did this I was SO careful about caffeine and alcohol, eating my greens, etc. What did it get me? Nothing! So for the past two months I've just gone about my usual business no matter what time of the month it is. Helps me feel normal and to not think about it so much because I don't have to make sure I choose 7-Up over Coke if I'm going to have a soda, etc. I just choose what I want and keep going.

Kaysbc, sounds like you're brewing up a good sized follie or two! Wishing you success this cycle!!!

It's awful isn't it! I have done so much to get my body all so tip top and it has done nothing bust consumed my life and made me feel like a freak. So - yes - am relaxing about it now - will keep up the supplements and drink moderately but I just want to feel normal.

xxx

How you doing Kat? What a hard week for you *HUG* I also like your friends comment about snow. Its a nice thought.

Emmi happy birthday, I am sorry you are able to eat/drink whatever you want, but enjoy yourself!

Iowa I buy all my supplements online, mostly thru amazon. I found some COQ10 for reasonable prices there. Whenever my AF arrives I also get extremely sad and depressed. It only lasts a few days and then I cheer up again, but for 2 days you definitely can barely talk to me about any topic without me bursting into tears.

AFM, on CD13 I had my U/S, I had 3 follies on each side. Of the 6, 3 will be large and should release when I ovulate. 1 was pretty small so probably won't get big enough, the other 2 are a maybe. My lining was 11.9 which is thicker than its ever been, yay! I'm doing ovidrel injection tomorrow morning (CD15). I went to acupuncture today and she "stimulated" me, my acupuncturist is very hopeful that this is a good cycle and might be "the one". Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thank you Honey - I would do anything not to be able to indulge in all the nice and naughty things and be pregnant but alas - that's not to be just yet.

Wishing you all good things - sounds like your body is trying so hard to give it a real good shot.

xxx

Kay I use nature's bounty coq10 and just started it as i think it was an oversight w/the doc not telling me to start it 2 cycles ago? I take so many supplements and meds that maybe she thought i was on it, or maybe it really doesn't work. no harm in trying i figured so CVS had buy one, get one free this week as it's expensive and need 600mg daily.
Sounds like you have a good cycle going for you! Much better than I did, I had to trigger early on CD8 and had my IUI on CD9 as I had a follie brewing on it's own was 14mm on CD1.

AFM...today is 7 days post trigger and there is still a very very faint line on FRER. My trigger for the last 3 cycles was totally gone on day 6, shake my head. I only have CB's left. It's def lighter than it was 2 days ago. Maybe another trip to CVS? Or just wait it out. I'm thinking i'm gonna wait it out. I can use $20 for something else, like meds for the next cycle.

Where is everyone in their cycle? My Beta is scheduled for Feb. 3 and I'm prob not going to test at home unless I start getting crazy symptoms as I'm not on any hormone supplements for the first time in 4 cycles so if I feel something it could be legit.
Stay warm!

Such a waiting game for you - all so hard.....And agree, save your 20 and buy something else - maybe go and treat yourself.....I do nothing but buy things for fertility and sometimes we need to step back and get something for ourselves for once.

x

I havent been on this forum for awhile, AF came 2 days early so IUI#2 has failed. I really thought this was going to be the one. It really depressed me and I cried for 2 days. Even though we dont have the money my DH said we could try again. I am going to try to lose some weight in the 2 months and then try again. I will be 42 in May and am hoping for the miracle before then. I was just wondering where everyone purchased thier Fertility monitors? I checked Walmart and Target and neither had them. Also wondering where you get your supplements, like the CQ10? I saw that Walmart had them but they look so generic! Makes me wonder if they will work?! :wacko:

Kat - as for the earlier posts I do not feel like you were out of line. I am so glad I have not checked the forum for awhile because that would have really knocked me down. I do understand that she was trying to make us hopeful but I agree there are other forums for that. Hopefully that is done with and we can all go on with what we are here for and that is major support!

Good Luck on everyone's cycles this month!

I bought a Clear Blue Fertility monitor and the best deal I got was on Amazon. The sticks that go with are expensive too but it really is worth finding out when you are ovulating. In fact - I get most of my supplements from Amazon - so much cheaper than in the shops.

I think with supplements - you just don't know if 100% they will work but we just have to try and just hope that we are benefitting somehow.

x

Sad news about donor Pussycat, stay strong and keep going.
Emmi - enjoy the indulge day x
Iowa, I hope IUI#3 brings you some joy
Kat, I love the idea of a 'clean' 'fresh' start and that snow sounds fantastic! We had the most amazing heat wave across the whole of Australia last week and I just fried.

I am wondering what to do this year as far as resolutions and ttc goes? Be more calm/relaxed about it all? Accept that I have very little control? Maybe think about how much I love my life as it is - right here, right now -even without kids. Sounds very zen, but I am slowly adjusting my brain to the idea that at 43 having a baby just may not happen to me.

And that's just for me ladies - you do whatever you need to do to make your lives wonderful, I am happy to be here and join in with you whatever !!

Mmmm, didn't mean to sound so miserable on a ttc forum, sorry if I upset anyone! Just feeling like things are changing for me - wish I joined this group ages ago now, it would have been better than feeling like I was all alone and struggling after the mc...

Clizzard, don't apologise, I think there are lots of us that feel as you do. I think when we get to 43 things do change for us psychologically. I think irs hard to be positive but also trying to be realistic. I've been through all the things you are feeling, for me I couldn't see a way forward without a child, I then had to accept the only way I'm going to get there is using someone else's eggs. That in itself has been a journey. x

Ladies...I'm struggling today, I just want to cry and have no reason to. I think I am just frustrated and I've gained soooo much weight that I'm not comfortable in my own skin. I can't exercise any harder than I am at this point which is not helping either. Just needed to vent.

Bash - so sorry you are struggling today... I struggled this weekend too - had a major meltdown Saturday night and was teary most of the day yesterday... Then I woke up 2 lbs heavier this morning!!!!! Uuuuggghhhhg....
Sending hugs your way... Hang in there... This whole TTC thing is a challenge... Take a deep breath... Think of one if favorite things... Just keep going...

Mmmm, didn't mean to sound so miserable on a ttc forum, sorry if I upset anyone! Just feeling like things are changing for me - wish I joined this group ages ago now, it would have been better than feeling like I was all alone and struggling after the mc...

I don't think you sound miserable - just maybe philosophical about your situation. I am not ready to look at life without children but then we have only been trying for 21 months. So for me - I have to exhaust that journey first.

I think it's natural to wonder where we are in life what are realistic expectations are.:flower:

Hugs to those that are struggling. I had a fabulous birthday weekend and forgot momentarily about age and indulged in cocktails and amazing food. I got so spoilt but now back to earth with an almighty thud!!!!

Feel so panicked about what the future holds - I really need to reign it in and keep taking baby steps.

Gosh all so hard!!!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"