40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

Clizzard did you get the spotting midcyle or for your period? Mine was for my period. I went to the doctor today and did a urine test which was negative and then the doctor tells me well we can't rule out pregnancy so I have to schedule and Ultrasound and blood draw. This is really getting old and I feel like I am running in circles. I have no uti though yay! Boobs are bigger and itchy and I have pressure cramping in my abdomen. After that strange menstrual like cramping thing with muscle cramps in my ovaries the other day I don't know that has me blown away. So I do not know what to think. But I have found my consumed with this searching for symptoms and trying to get answers I am driving myself crazy. uGH!

It has been mid-cycle, only a tiny amount and not every cycle. I have also noticed that my cramps have changed as well. I get a lot around ovulation now and they feel like early pregnancy cramps/pulling.
It's extremely frustrating and makes it very hard to keep myself from symptom spotting, so I know how you feel.

I'm feeling that this next cycle of meds will be my last. I've been on hiatus taking the BC pill to wait for the cysts to go down and it's been a nice week of not running around to the doc or sticking myself in the belly with needles. If I didn't already have the meds that I paid for, I'm not so sure if I'd continue w/another IUI cycle. I'm done w/this journey of assistance. SO if it doesn't happen next cycle w/meds, we'll just go w/the flow and if God graces us on His own, so be it, because I don't know His plan and am tired of trying to do this on my time and not what His time/plan is for us. Ladies, stay warm, the sun is out in NY :) and it's not snowing for the moment!!! Have a blessed weekend!

I'm feeling that this next cycle of meds will be my last. I've been on hiatus taking the BC pill to wait for the cysts to go down and it's been a nice week of not running around to the doc or sticking myself in the belly with needles. If I didn't already have the meds that I paid for, I'm not so sure if I'd continue w/another IUI cycle. I'm done w/this journey of assistance. SO if it doesn't happen next cycle w/meds, we'll just go w/the flow and if God graces us on His own, so be it, because I don't know His plan and am tired of trying to do this on my time and not what His time/plan is for us. Ladies, stay warm, the sun is out in NY :) and it's not snowing for the moment!!! Have a blessed weekend!

You have a great weekend too Bash

Hey gals.
Its been a super crappity crap week. My husband's dad passed away, and I got my period. thanks for all the birthday wishes, but it wasn't a very happy birthday.
I'm in a pretty rotten mood.

Welcome Meezerlover!

Hey gals.
Its been a super crappity crap week. My husband's dad passed away, and I got my period. thanks for all the birthday wishes, but it wasn't a very happy birthday.

Welcome Meezerlover!

Sorry to hear about your father in-law Kaysbc, hope you are all coping ok.

I'm sorry for your loss Kaysbc. Prayers for you and your family during this difficult time.

Hey gals.

Welcome Meezerlover!

So so sorry to hear that. Life really tests us sometimes.

xxx

How are you doing today Dawn??

x

Friday is my next doc appt for a scan and see if the cysts are gone. It has been a nice two weeks off! However, the epic snowstorm is coming once again. Praying I'll get to the doctor's office without any problems friday.

Kat-How are you?? Haven't seen you around. Just checking in on ya, babe. :flow: :flow:

I haven't been on for a few weeks and I have missed all of you ladies. I've been a bundle of nerves and while I have been reading various things on here, I just didn't feel like contributing. It has been emotional for me and there have been times I didn't want to think about thinks like trying for a baby.

Kat, I fully agree with you. When the women on here have been here for a while and are sharing their stories and experiences with others, it is happy to hear that one of them has a BFP, but for someone coming in once with one, I hate that and that is not acceptable for this group. Thanks for the words you said.

As for me. I went to FS in November. AMH is .35. Had HSG in November, which was completely clear. Had hysteropscopy/laproscopy done in December and it went well. Had to wait 2 cycles before trying IUI.

First day of AF was Feb 3 and I was put on Follistim. On day 11 (Wed), I had about 5 decent follies on right side and just really small ones on left side. He was expecting that I would be ready for trigger at that point but my largest was only 14mm. He left me with the instructions to do O prediction kits, and first two days both times were negative, but I got a positive this morning so I went in for a U/S and bloodworm right away. My largest follie is at 16 (I also have one at 14 and 2 at 12), which he thinks won't grow fast enough by tomorrow morning, which is when he wants to try UIU. Tomorrow morning I go in for another U/S to see where I am with everything. This evening I did start to have O pains and the O test I took this evening was still positive. So we will see what the Dr says tomorrow morning. I think my choices will end up being 1) take a chance on the IUI with a follie that is a little too small, b) skip the IUI this month and see how things go next month or c) wait a couple months to see if my cycle becomes more regular. Oh, and by the way, I have been using injectibles - Follistim in varying dosages. I didn't need the trigger since I was O-ing today.

It looks like I may have to skip this cycle if my largest follie isn't quite big enough. I have a couple questions for him, such as do I need to take a break for 2 months and see if my cycle is even regular (I was on birth control for 5 years and didn't even have an AF for 3 whole years before going to the dr. That and the fact that my hysteroscopy could have messed up my cycle a bit. My other question, is if he thinks that I would be going through the exact thing every month with follies that don't get large enough by the time I O. Since I am doing this on my own, using donor sperm, I don't have money to keep trying partial cycles to be told my follies are too small again. It having a baby naturally doesn't see to be a good fit for me, I want to pursue the option of adoption (and even like the idea of an older child (say over 4), which would be easier to adopt in my single status and probably less expensive.

So hopefully, the largest follie will grow enough for me to do my first IUI. I'm so nervous. My 40th birthday is on Sunday, so if I can do the IUI this weekend, it would be a great present to me, especially if I get a BFP out of it. We will wait and see how the appointment goes in the morning and I will update y'all after.

Thanks again for sharing your stories. I am learning so much from all of you and feel comfort in the fact that I am not alone in this journey. Thanks ladies - hope you all have a great weekend!

I was able to do my first iui this morning. I had one follie at 19 and two at 17. Now for the tww.

Hello 40isnotold - good luck with the 2ww, hope you get a nice surprise at the end of it all.
Pop up soon Kat, this board is missing you.
What about the rest of you? Saw you had your HCG terripeachy - how did it go?
Not sure what is going on, I am 4 days late and having some promising symptoms? But, I have been stuck inside finishing off an important assignment for the last 4 days so haven't been out to buy a test. I never have any in the house coz I would just be peeing on them all day long :dohh::dohh:
Think I just don't trust my body anymore, and in my experience recently symptoms mean very little.
Will check back in soon.

Hi Clizard-
The HSG was ok. It only took about 15 minutes, but it hurt a little bit. My doctor said 'here comes some cramping' and then it would hurt. I guess it's good she warned me. They put a balloon in your uterus and then blow it up and squirt the dye in. My tubes were healthy and open, so I think it's only a matter of time now before my BFP. It's like a power wash, my doctor said, and her most recent delivery was from someone who had been trying for years and then had an HSG, so that makes me feel positive. Thanks for asking!

Obviously, keep us posted on you, and yeah, stay busy. I find that helps a lot.

good luck 40isnothold, and happy birthday as well! sounds like this turned out to be a good cycle for you after all :) I'm so glad.

good luck to you too terripeachy. My HSG was extremely painful. Maybe I"m just a wimp because others says its crampy but not so bad, I thought it was terrible! Sounds like yours went OK. They do say that sometimes the HSG clears things out and a lot of women have BFPs the next cycle.

I'm not taking my Letrozole this cycle. In fact I didn't even call my doctor when I got my period to re-order my prescription. I was pretty upset getting AF with the timing of my birthday and the death of my father in law, that I pretty much was in a "give up" mood. I figured none of those meds are doing anything anyways so why bother. you know?

And then I went to my acupuncturist, who always cheers me up and does some nice aromatherapy to brighten my mood. She has also prescribed some Chinese herbs for me this cycle. There's one pill I'm taking CD 4-12 and then another that I will take CD 13-18. Maybe I'll have better luck with this than Western medicine.

40isnotold,
I'm also on the path to seriously consider adoption as a choice. I've started googling local adoption agencies in my area and reading about what it takes etc. It sounds so involved its intimidating. It's hard to find out about how much it costs but some sources sound like it could cost in the same price range as doing IVF. It's a little discouraging, but still hopeful.

It also looks like it could take a year for the adoption process from start to finish, or longer depending who you end up matching with, since you could be waiting for the birth etc. So I figure I might as well start the process now since it could take so long. If I ended up getting preggo in the meantime, I can either decide to forgo adoption, or perhaps still do it because then I can have 2 children. I figure since I'm having so much trouble getting pregnant, if I ever do get pregnant I'll probably never get pregnant a second time, so adoption would be the way to have a 2nd child. So sounds like a win/win.

Has anyone else looked into adoption?

I have always wanted to adopt. it seems that around here, the cost is based on a sliding scale for income. In a way I wish I had done it when I was single, because it would have been cheaper, but I always said that I would wait until I'm married. Now I'm married, and it's going to be expensive.

Yes, the timing depends on how flexible you are as far as the child goes (do you want same race, baby, etc..), and it depends on how many children the adoption agency has access to. The home study can also take a while depending on what you need to do to your house, etc...I think a year is a good estimate.

At the adoption agency closest to my house, they say you have to be married for a year. I understand that, a little, but how can I be single and have no problems, yet, when I get married, I have to wait a year. Strange...anyway, we're going to do it, and I want to look at a few more places, but it's hard to determine which places are scammy and which are good agencies.

I know what you mean about not taking your medicines. That's how I felt about my prenatals after AF showed up last time, but I'm back on it. I need to do what's best for my body, and apparently prenatals are good for my body. ha ha.

Soooo I started my new cocktail 2 days ago after stopping the BC pill to now have my period??? WTF???? I have a call into the doc but I seriously think this will be our last medicated cycle and we do the BD to try and if it's God's will, so be it. I can't take the mood swings, the night sweats and the running back and forth to the doctor. And let's not forget being a medical tech/nurse injecting myself. Have a great day! Oh yes and more snow coming for us in NY. Good Times@!@!!

bash-Maybe that's supposed to happen or maybe the cysts are rupturing, and all is well. I hope the doctor can shed some light on things.

I understand your frustration and I hope that your prayers will be answered soon. We just have to be patient sometimes. I'm in Bmore and they're saying 1-3 inches. Luckily hubs and I have a shovel system down, so hopefully it's only 1-3 inches.

Hi, guys! I'm sorry I've been gone. I've needed a bit of a break from thinking about how I'm not pregnant every day. I wish I could do that AND support all of you at the same time! Right now I'm a day or two away from AF.

BEST OF LUCK to you all in all stages of your cycles. I'm gonna go read and catch up now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->