40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

Ladies...I'm struggling today, I just want to cry and have no reason to. I think I am just frustrated and I've gained soooo much weight that I'm not comfortable in my own skin. I can't exercise any harder than I am at this point which is not helping either. Just needed to vent.

hang in there bash.... we've all had those days we're just struggling to get through. its terrible but just know we all understand and we've all been there. you'll get through it.

Kay I use nature's bounty coq10 and just started it as i think it was an oversight w/the doc not telling me to start it 2 cycles ago? I take so many supplements and meds that maybe she thought i was on it, or maybe it really doesn't work. no harm in trying i figured so CVS had buy one, get one free this week as it's expensive and need 600mg daily.
Sounds like you have a good cycle going for you! Much better than I did, I had to trigger early on CD8 and had my IUI on CD9 as I had a follie brewing on it's own was 14mm on CD1.

thanks bash. I started taking coq10 back in November. The word on the street is that it takes 3 months to really have an effect. But really, do we ever know if anything is having an effect? If I ever get pregnant I'll never know if it was the coq10 or something else, right?
I take 200mg three times a day with meals.

I can usually find coupons for vitamins/supplements so I scour the ads for those. Often my local grocery store has buy 1 get 1 half off so then I stock up. But I do buy online too because sometimes that's the best price, if you don't have to pay for shipping.

Fantastic Emmi - glad you enjoyed all the fun and festivity and got a bit spoilt for your birthday xx

Not feeling as angry today, slept a lot, maybe that helped but i'm still tired. Wasted $6.50 poas cuz i'm an idiot now i'm out of FRER's. oh well...i'm 10dpiui thought maybe just maybe a faint line. I'll wait for AF but she's over a week out...I have a feeling she will arrive early. It's 7 degrees in NY, freezing my tukus off...brrrr. Everyone have a great Tuesday cuz it's almost Hummmmpppp Day!

Has anyone tried any of the psychic baby predictions?? Or been to a psychic or spiritualist?? Really would be interested to hear if you have!

AF came 8 days early...scan and labs on Friday, meds saturday. Supposed to change protocol to menopur 225units and follistim 225 units however the insurance company says menopur isn't covered for "infertility" yet they're covering the other drug. REALLY???
I'm ready to say eff it all and just walk away from all of this. And then to top it off, I run around all day like an idiot to trade in our cars so that we can get cheaper payments and start paying some bills. All I asked was for dinner and guess what I walked into...NOTHING.
Ladies, my fuse is getting shorter and shorter...maybe I'll go have a glass of wine to calm down!

Emmi- I have never went to a psychic but I know I have read on some other threads where ladies have... If I figure out which threads I'll point u their way...
Bash- I'm sorry your day has hit you with one thing after another :-( some days are just FRUSTRATING!!!! No dinner probably would've pissed me off!!!! But our men are just men :-/ have a glass of wine and take lots of deep breaths - hope tomorrow is better for you... Good luck with the scans and meds coming up!!

Newsflash: OBAMACARE SUX! As if anyone didn't know that.
Had bloodwork and scan this morning. Scan showed 2 large follies on the left and 3 on the right...like in the high 20's high. Wouldn't that be nice to be when it's supposed to happen like around, i don't know, CD13-14??? So these are leftover and my ovaries need to "chill". That said, I will be on the pill for 2 weeks and go back for a scan on valentine's day. Hoping to start meds after that. At first I was like, are you kidding me??? But on the ride home, I thought about how stressed I've been and saying how i want to stop this madness of running around and thought, God heard me and He is giving me 2 weeks to relax. No injections, no running back and forth to the doctor stressing if we will get snow and driving in it for a scan. So I get to the pharmacy and the friggin pill was FREE, yup that's right FREE. This country is for the birds!!! Employers being forced to pay for abortions and the b/c pill but not for IVF. I will be writing a letter to my Senator today and whomever else's attention I can get on this. It disgusts me!
On that note, TGIF, everyone enjoy the weekend! And please share if this 2 week b/c pill thing happened to you. Thanks!

Emmi- I have never went to a psychic but I know I have read on some other threads where ladies have... If I figure out which threads I'll point u their way...
Bash- I'm sorry your day has hit you with one thing after another :-( some days are just FRUSTRATING!!!! No dinner probably would've pissed me off!!!! But our men are just men :-/ have a glass of wine and take lots of deep breaths - hope tomorrow is better for you... Good luck with the scans and meds coming up!!

Yes - have seen a few threads and have written on them . Just wondered if any is slightly older:wacko: ladies had been. So desperate for someone tell me 100% that I will have a baba. x

AF came 8 days early...scan and labs on Friday, meds saturday. Supposed to change protocol to menopur 225units and follistim 225 units however the insurance company says menopur isn't covered for "infertility" yet they're covering the other drug. REALLY???
I'm ready to say eff it all and just walk away from all of this. And then to top it off, I run around all day like an idiot to trade in our cars so that we can get cheaper payments and start paying some bills. All I asked was for dinner and guess what I walked into...NOTHING.
Ladies, my fuse is getting shorter and shorter...maybe I'll go have a glass of wine to calm down!

Awwww Bash - I hear you...... And that's so scrappy about your insurance company. I run around doing everything and anything and sometimes you just want to scream. It's 2pm now here in the UK and I am already wondering if I could have a cheeky glass now. x

Has anyone tried any of the psychic baby predictions?? Or been to a psychic or spiritualist?? Really would be interested to hear if you have!

No but I would really like to go to one. Would love to hear anyone's experience with this.

A girlfriend of mine sometimes gets "feelings" or "visions" of things that end up happening. These visions are pretty vague, they come randomly to her, and she often has no idea what they mean until she sees it happen and then she realizes it was sort of like seeing the future.
Almost a year ago she told me she had an image/feeling of me holding a baby, and she asked me if I was pregnant, she had a strong feeling that I would have a family. This was last April, right when I started going to a fertility clinic. I hadn't told her I had been TTC, but she felt it. It doesn't really mean I'll indeed get pg, probably just meant she somehow knew I was trying. It gives me hope every month though.

sorry to hear youre venting bash. doesn't insurance suck? I've racked up so much credit card debt in the past year, it freaks me out. My insurance doesn't cover anything for infertility. My acupuncturist actually bills me for back pain so that my insurance will cover it.

My 41st birthday is Weds. I'm trying not to let it get me down. All a birthday means to me these days is losing time and getting further away from a baby.

I'm expecting AF Fri. So could actually be a terrible birthday week. My doc made sure to tell me not to POAS early because I did an ovidrel injection this cycle, and she said if I POAS too early I'll get a false positive.

No but I would really like to go to one. Would love to hear anyone's experience with this.

A girlfriend of mine sometimes gets "feelings" or "visions" of things that end up happening. These visions are pretty vague, they come randomly to her, and she often has no idea what they mean until she sees it happen and then she realizes it was sort of like seeing the future.
Almost a year ago she told me she had an image/feeling of me holding a baby, and she asked me if I was pregnant, she had a strong feeling that I would have a family. This was last April, right when I started going to a fertility clinic. I hadn't told her I had been TTC, but she felt it. It doesn't really mean I'll indeed get pg, probably just meant she somehow knew I was trying. It gives me hope every month though.

Yeah, I wonder about that too? I've read loads of posts on a number of sites where women talk about having dreams about holding babies and pregnancy just before they got their BFP. I have never dreamt of any of that myself - just crazy sex stuff!

My dreams are crazy - I often dream about my family members being pregnant including my mum who is 71......In fact my dreams are quite bonkers - I regale them every morning to hubby who is usually speechless ..... And yes - Clizard - lots of strange sex stuff in my dreams too!!!

Can people really predict when you will have a baby??? Are they charlatons preying on the vulnerable?? And a lot of the say that it's just for fun......really????.......there is no fun when it come to yearning to conceive.
I'm originally Indian and astrology is a really big thing and my charts at birth have all said I would have children - most of the other things have come true so we'll see. I think is so important on this journey.

Kay - I know how hard it is with each birthday - it's heartbreaking. But I think once you become 41 - you will somehow accept it and keep trying. I found the run up to my birthday the worst bit. Just enjoy your day - it is your special day after all.

xxx

I tried this time with a close friend as I have not had luck finding the right man to marry and do not want to lose what I have and such. I am 43 and this is the second time I have tried in my life as I really want a child and it turned into spotting for a period and the first time I was not pregnant this time I got one pos on a blue dye test, and 3 negatives at 7 days late. I am getting blood work done to figure out what is going on. I would really like to join in on this thread as it makes me happy to , to see women our age getting pregnant. I am really contemplating about a sperm donor but the 2 times I have tried with close guy friends it did the same thing twice. I don't think I could be pregnant 7 days late with 3 negative tests at this point. Has anyone ever been ttc and had spotting with their cycle only when they have tried to conceive? I don't have a regular man in my life so I usually am not with anyone and it is all normal until I try to get pregnant. I am worried that maybe I just cannot get an egg and sperm to corporate right. I am going to be miserable if I die without having a child.

sorry to hear youre venting bash. doesn't insurance suck? I've racked up so much credit card debt in the past year, it freaks me out. My insurance doesn't cover anything for infertility. My acupuncturist actually bills me for back pain so that my insurance will cover it.

My 41st birthday is Weds. I'm trying not to let it get me down. All a birthday means to me these days is losing time and getting further away from a baby.

I'm expecting AF Fri. So could actually be a terrible birthday week. My doc made sure to tell me not to POAS early because I did an ovidrel injection this cycle, and she said if I POAS too early I'll get a false positive.

Happy Birthday Kay - really hoping that you had a great day. x

Happy Birthday Kaysbc, hope you enjoyed yourself regardless of the crappy week.
It's hard to get excited about birthdays as you start getting older - shame really, as I think kids have the right idea about these kind of things planning it out for months, getting all excited and going so hard they fall asleep at the party!!

I tried this time with a close friend as I have not had luck finding the right man to marry and do not want to lose what I have and such. I am 43 and this is the second time I have tried in my life as I really want a child and it turned into spotting for a period and the first time I was not pregnant this time I got one pos on a blue dye test, and 3 negatives at 7 days late. I am getting blood work done to figure out what is going on. I would really like to join in on this thread as it makes me happy to , to see women our age getting pregnant. I am really contemplating about a sperm donor but the 2 times I have tried with close guy friends it did the same thing twice. I don't think I could be pregnant 7 days late with 3 negative tests at this point. Has anyone ever been ttc and had spotting with their cycle only when they have tried to conceive? I don't have a regular man in my life so I usually am not with anyone and it is all normal until I try to get pregnant. I am worried that maybe I just cannot get an egg and sperm to corporate right. I am going to be miserable if I die without having a child.

Hi there Meezerlover, welcome to the board. 3 negative tests doesn't sound great - but hey, who knows what it is so let us know how it goes.
I have started getting spotting mid-cycle over the last 6 months (I'm 43 too) I think it is just my body starting to change rather than anything linked to TTC? Bodies are weird things and hormones make them do strange things...

Clizzard did you get the spotting midcyle or for your period? Mine was for my period. I went to the doctor today and did a urine test which was negative and then the doctor tells me well we can't rule out pregnancy so I have to schedule and Ultrasound and blood draw. This is really getting old and I feel like I am running in circles. I have no uti though yay! Boobs are bigger and itchy and I have pressure cramping in my abdomen. After that strange menstrual like cramping thing with muscle cramps in my ovaries the other day I don't know that has me blown away. So I do not know what to think. But I have found my consumed with this searching for symptoms and trying to get answers I am driving myself crazy. uGH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->