40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

Welcome back Kat. Its OK to take some time away. We all need it sometimes.

Thanks for your thoughts on adoption terripeachy.

bash, hope you talk to you doc soon to figure out what's going on. It can all be so frustrating when we don't know what to expect and then our body does some weird things.

Sometimes I also feel like if it's our time, it will happen, regardless of all the stuff we're trying. We just need to be patient and our time will come around.

good luck with your snow storms gals!

I haven't posted in a while because I am just DONE w/this process. I had my scan today and finally some good news. My new cocktail of 225 follistim and 225 menopur have given me some plump follies...at least 2-3 on the right and LEFT (that's the side w/a tube). My estrogen leveled out so no more night sweats, thank God, those sucked. And my uterine lining is 7. something which is wayyy better than it was on Friday in the 3's. Fingers crossed and praying this is it!!! Have a great day.

Sounds good Bash, keeping everything crossed for you this cycle x

Ladies...I have EWCM ugggghhhhh...we did the baby dance last night and now i'm wondering if we should do it again tonight. I go tomorrow for monitoring w/my trigger however not so sure i'm gonna need it. I'm CD 9 which is earlier for me, usually 11-13 is O. I think we're gonna go for it. Cuz even if we do it tonight...and IUI gets sched'd for Thursday we're covered. This whole process SUX!!!

Appt for IUI was @9 its 930
This is y im done with this

They were running behind? I have never heard of a doctor that is on time.
I don't understand what you are saying.

So much for doing round two this month. I called first thing the day after AF arrived and was told that my doctor is going out of town. My options were to go on BC until he got back or to just skip this month. I was afraid that doing BC for a couple weeks would really screw up my cycle so I opted to take the month off. That bummed me out since I feel like I have a limited time due to age.

So, I'm going on vacation. My favorite football team (Pittsburgh Steelers) is doing a cruise. I really wanted to go ever since it was announced but TTC was way more important. I booked it on the last day before closing reservations and I was able to get a really sweet deal on it, so I'm going to be hanging out with some of the players and get some sun in the Bahamas. If I'm able to have success with TTC, it will be my last vacation for a long time.

They were running behind? I have never heard of a doctor that is on time.
I don't understand what you are saying.

I guess I am really lucky then. I have to drive an hour to get to my doctor and I make sure I am at least 15 minutes early in case I run into traffic. I have always been called in within 1 - 3 minutes of arrival, even considering I am early.

You are lucky! I'm always early and I still never get seen until at least my appt. time.

Bahamas sounds lovely 40 - enjoy yourself. Sun has appeared here after a week of rain and it's just lovely.
How is everyone? Any news to report? Come on here and let it all out!
Hope you are well regardless. I am off to sit outside xx

So much for doing round two this month. I called first thing the day after AF arrived and was told that my doctor is going out of town. My options were to go on BC until he got back or to just skip this month. I was afraid that doing BC for a couple weeks would really screw up my cycle so I opted to take the month off. That bummed me out since I feel like I have a limited time due to age.

what a bummer! they don't have plans for when doctors go out of town? how can they do that to people who wait all month for the perfect day?
I guess I'll count myself lucky. The clinic I go to works as a team and one doctor of the clinic is always available each week for all the appointments that need to happen due to timing (IUI etc), so it doesn't matter if my doctor is on vacation or has a booked schedule, because someone will always be able to see me on my time line.

So, I'm going on vacation. My favorite football team (Pittsburgh Steelers) is doing a cruise. I really wanted to go ever since it was announced but TTC was way more important. I booked it on the last day before closing reservations and I was able to get a really sweet deal on it, so I'm going to be hanging out with some of the players and get some sun in the Bahamas. If I'm able to have success with TTC, it will be my last vacation for a long time.

vacation sounds sweet! you will have tons of fun! I love the Steelers too. Do you live in Pittsburgh? My hubby and I are seriously considering moving there, but we've been waiting to have a baby first so its been a very slow plan.

I'm 8dpo today and since 1dpo my PMS symptoms have been crazy. I never get PMS symptoms like this. super sore BBs, did have super sore nipples but those have since stopped being sore. Terrible cramps. And I've been extra emotional, breaking into crying fits for no real reason. I usually never have any of these things until AF arrives, and they are never this strong. I'm thinking it may be the herbs my acupuncturist gave me this cycle, its the first time I've taken them and she said it would be "good" if I got extra hormonal symptoms.

I wish they were pregnancy symptoms so I'm trying to keep positive, but I know that they could just be AF symptoms so not getting excited or anything. Especially since they started at 1dpo and there is no way implantation could have happened that early, and that the sore nipples have gone away I'm thinking it wouldn't go away if I were pg. We'll see by the end of the week if AF gets here...

I'm 8dpo today and since 1dpo my PMS symptoms have been crazy. I never get PMS symptoms like this. super sore BBs, did have super sore nipples but those have since stopped being sore. Terrible cramps. And I've been extra emotional, breaking into crying fits for no real reason. I usually never have any of these things until AF arrives, and they are never this strong. I'm thinking it may be the herbs my acupuncturist gave me this cycle, its the first time I've taken them and she said it would be "good" if I got extra hormonal symptoms.

I wish they were pregnancy symptoms so I'm trying to keep positive, but I know that they could just be AF symptoms so not getting excited or anything. Especially since they started at 1dpo and there is no way implantation could have happened that early, and that the sore nipples have gone away I'm thinking it wouldn't go away if I were pg. We'll see by the end of the week if AF gets here...

Symptoms are the most frustrating thing aren't they? The fact that herbs are making them more noticeable is a good thing and means that your body is responding to the herbs. The cycles before my BFP I had loads of symptoms.

Hey ladies! It's been a while but I just wanted to pop in and say I'm still stalking! Just not much to report, still playing the waiting game, double frustration as not only is my body out of my control but I'm now dependent on someone else deciding they will donate their eggs. I'm not a patient person so this is killing me! xx

I will be 44 next month and we are trying for our first child together. My fiance will be 40 in two weeks. I do children but they are 21 and 25 and all of his are adopted so to us this feels like #1! I hope you don't me joining in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->