40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

Ugh!!! So sorry to hear bash...I'm sure you will make the right decision, whatever you decide.

oh bash! this is so hard! my heart is with you girl.

Hi, nothing new here. Just need a break from thinking about it ALL THE TIME, so I haven't been logging in. I do think about you guys and continue to hope we all get our miracles!

Spring is finally around the corner, I've lost a few pounds, and I hope to enjoy summer.

Love to you all!

Hi, nothing new here. Just need a break from thinking about it ALL THE TIME, so I haven't been logging in. I do think about you guys and continue to hope we all get our miracles!

Spring is finally around the corner, I've lost a few pounds, and I hope to enjoy summer.

Love to you all!

Totally understand - the forums are amazing but it's just another way to consume us on the ttc journey.:wacko: Yes - spring is nearly here and that's great that you have lost weight - go you!:happydance:

Here's hoping that we all get what we deserve very soon.

xxx

Nice to hear you again Kat - always good to have a break from ttc

CD15 today and still no positive OPK, but Im not worried just yet. Last few months I + on day 16 and 17. I went to acupuncture today, she likes to see me right as I'm about to ovulate. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Hello to everyone... long time lurker of this thread. I think it was about 25 pages when I first found it. :)

Am about to turn 41 and have my first Rx for Clomid in my hot little hands. I was feeling "ok, let's do this!" earlier today but am reminded here on this forum that drugs are good but are in no way a sure thing. Dr. is also putting in for a referral for IUI and IVF.

I am so fortunate that after a long time on my own I met a wonderful guy. No matter what happens we will have a family one way or another. We just want to be parents. I've never even had a late period so taking this ttc thing to the next level is a little... eek!

Just wanted to tell you all that there are probably lots of women like me that are lurking and feeling a kinship with everything you are going through. Symptoms, supplements, complimentary therapies... it's all helpful to learn and share from each other. So umm... :blush: thanks. And keep on keepin on.

Welcome futurebbmoma, this is a great board to just hang around in. Plenty of support if you need it x

CD15 today and still no positive OPK, but Im not worried just yet. Last few months I + on day 16 and 17. I went to acupuncture today, she likes to see me right as I'm about to ovulate. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Good stuff kaysbc, keeping fingers crossed here too

Hiya everybody,

I'm new here. I'm 41 and lost my first and only pregnancy yesterday. I'm having a d&c on Monday. In the interim I've been searching the internet for women in the same boat. But all the boards I came across had women on them who already had at least one child, so I don't think they can necessarily relate to what I'm going though, especially the fear that's sitting in my chest at never, ever having my own family.

I'm so glad I've found this board. Many, if not most, of y'all must know how I feel.

Quick background on me: Married for first time at 39, started trying just before 40 only to be waylaid by fibroids (surgery done a year ago) and sometimes low progesterone, and then by DH's zero count. Finally in Nov of 2013, a year after starting out, it appeared things were enough in order to try and I got a surprise BFP on Valentine's Day. Surprise because our timing was so off! It turned into a blighted ovum instead of the baby I so very much want.

I have been distressed about it, feeling very much that this was my only chance due to my age and that it was just a joke to the powers that be.

I want to be optimistic, but am finding it very difficult at the moment. My emotions vacillate from grief for a baby that was never there to despair that I will never have a family to anger that there are so many success stories but none of them mine!

I guess I am here to get support and to give support to ladies going through the same struggles.

Thanks for reading.

julesbee

Has anyone tried any of the psychic baby predictions?? Or been to a psychic or spiritualist?? Really would be interested to hear if you have!

Yeah, I wonder about that too? I've read loads of posts on a number of sites where women talk about having dreams about holding babies and pregnancy just before they got their BFP. I have never dreamt of any of that myself - just crazy sex stuff!

I have something to add here? Over the last 10 years I've had 13 dreams about friends being pregnant, and not one of my dreams has been incorrect. I've dreamt the sex of the babies correctly in 9 of those dreams, all of this before anyone of these friends announced babies or in some cases trying. I've had only one dream of myself and a baby girl, but it didn't stick so I discount that one.

My advice is that if someone close to you has an intuitive feeling about you and your situation take it to heart. I don't know where my stupid dreams come from or why (little frustrating because it's never about me except that one which was for naught), but I pass on the info and lo and behold it's right. I think consider it a gift for you, a sign from the powers that be of what is coming for you.

As for me? I've had a few psychics tell me I've got two little baby souls waiting to join me, but then again how hard is that to say to a woman who looks like she's ready to have babies? Take the paid "advisors" with a grain of salt, but if it's someone close to you listen a little more!

I guess when I go back to the doctor on cd10 I will have to ask for all our numbers. Doc rattled them off and said everything was "good" but I really don't know what all I've been tested for or how our numbers really stack up. I'm sure there are some supplements or things I/we could be doing.

I've warned my dear man that I may turn into a beast on clomid... he's just suggesting we BD 2x a day "just to be sure" lol. Not sure what to expect - I haven't felt O pain for years and it was always on the left side... HSG test (ouch!) says that tube is closed (or spasmed). I gather there is a chance of "sweeping" from one ovary to the other tube but it seems rather remote. In the two months I tried doing OPK, I didn't get a surge. I got a good line, but it was never darker than the control. Hoping none of that matters on the drugs and just aim for a quality folicle.

btw babyandbump... having giant pop up ads shouting "YOUR FIRST SHOT AND LAST CHANCE" is perhaps not the best fit for this particular board! Grrrr....

Hiya everybody,

I'm new here. I'm 41 and lost my first and only pregnancy yesterday. I'm having a d&c on Monday. In the interim I've been searching the internet for women in the same boat. But all the boards I came across had women on them who already had at least one child, so I don't think they can necessarily relate to what I'm going though, especially the fear that's sitting in my chest at never, ever having my own family.

I'm so glad I've found this board. Many, if not most, of y'all must know how I feel.

Quick background on me: Married for first time at 39, started trying just before 40 only to be waylaid by fibroids (surgery done a year ago) and sometimes low progesterone, and then by DH's zero count. Finally in Nov of 2013, a year after starting out, it appeared things were enough in order to try and I got a surprise BFP on Valentine's Day. Surprise because our timing was so off! It turned into a blighted ovum instead of the baby I so very much want.

I have been distressed about it, feeling very much that this was my only chance due to my age and that it was just a joke to the powers that be.

I want to be optimistic, but am finding it very difficult at the moment. My emotions vacillate from grief for a baby that was never there to despair that I will never have a family to anger that there are so many success stories but none of them mine!

I guess I am here to get support and to give support to ladies going through the same struggles.

Thanks for reading.

julesbee

Welcome julesbee, sorry you are going through this and just want to say this emotional rollercoaster will get better. It takes time and plenty of love and support, but this board is a great way of getting through it all xx

Hi to the new ladies.
Julesbee-Sorry about your loss. :hugs: I'm fairly new to TTC (well, 8 cycles in, and never a positive), so at least you're one step ahead. They say that this is a very fertile time for you so wishing you the best, and sending tons of :dust: your way. I got married at 39 as well...my big 4-0 is coming up in 2 short months, and I bet you know what present I want for this birthday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->