40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

welcome julesbee! Yes I believe everyone on this thread knows exactly what youre going thru. It is a special thread that I really appreciate. Women younger than 40 or who already have a child will never understand the extra stress we feel.
Glad to see you've joined us!

I'm CD18 right now and still haven't had a positive OPK. This has never happened to me before. I've always been pretty sure I ovulate around day 15-16 so this is really really late for me. Starting to freak out a bit. Has anyone gone a cycle without ovulating? Is that normal to have a random no-ovulate cycle?

kaysbc-I've had two anovulatory cycles according to FFoe. One I made my own crosshairs, and the other I just left alone. For me, they tended to be shorter cycles. I was freaking out, but the next ovulatory cycle gave me hope. I figured I had at least one more egg. It is worrisome though. I was just ready for AF to finally show up so I could start again. I hope it's just coming later than expected. :dust:

kaysbc... I had to go back a bit to catch up but I think you weren't on any meds this cycle?

I haven't jumped on the meds rollercoaster yet (cd1) but last fall when I did try OPK I didn't get a darker line than the control. Tried brand name and dollar store ones. I assumed I just didn't have quite enough surge to make a positive test and that is when I asked for a FS referral. Darkest test was cd13 out of a 27 day cycle so we shall see if things get messed up while on clomid.

I'm not a big fan of poas tests. I have to dip them instead of actually poas. The cost of these damn things are crazy too.

Peachy... guessing FFoe is another OPK?

I'm CD18 right now and still haven't had a positive OPK. This has never happened to me before. I've always been pretty sure I ovulate around day 15-16 so this is really really late for me. Starting to freak out a bit. Has anyone gone a cycle without ovulating? Is that normal to have a random no-ovulate cycle?
Just had one Kaysbc! They seem to be happening to me a lot in the last 6 months and result in a longer cycle for me.

Futurebb-I call the app Fertility Friend Fertility Foe because it sometimes does me wrong and I get upset. If you haven't heard of FF, you can use the program to track your temps and symptoms. It is pretty handy. Then, once you sign up you can put the chart in your signature and follow everyone's cycles.

Just had one Kaysbc! They seem to be happening to me a lot in the last 6 months and result in a longer cycle for me.
Best add that before the last 6 months I also had the odd cycle (maybe 1 or 2 times a year) where ovulation happened later or just didn't happen. Keep tracking.

Can I join you ladies? I just turned 40 in January. But it was a crazy month. I found out I was PG, moved in with my BF and his 8 year old son, then at week 4 had an MC. Me and the BF were NTNP and it took over a year to conceive. I just didn't think it would ever happen for me. The doctor told me I'd be more fertile in the months after the MC but the witch got me two days ago so now I'm on to cycle 3 since the MC. I really thought this was my month so when AF showed up it really stung.

So the point of all this is that I want to find some support buddies my age who are going through the same thing. I've been a thread lurker but everyone here seems so supportive that I thought I'd finally post.

Of course you can join! I'm so sorry about your loss. It seems like you've had a lot going on this last month so I hope you get your BFP soon.

Good luck!!

thanks terri and clizard. I'll try to convince myself then that this is going to be no big deal and move on next cycle. Now I'm wondering though when AF will come. seems so weird.

futurebb, no I"m not on any western meds anymore. I had been taking Letrozole for almost a year but I stopped 2 cycles ago. My acupuncturist put me on a regiment of herbs that I take different stuff throughout my cycle and I can't take fertility meds and those at the same time. They may be what's causing this since they are new but I can't imagine they would have a negative effect??

I always have to use a cup too for the OPK tests. I can't just pee directly on them somehow that is super difficult for me! :) I've been using OPKs for more than a year without a problem. I've always gotten a positive so this is the first time it's appearing like I"m not ovulating. There were a few random months where my RE had me do an Ovidrel shot a little early (rather than waiting for my own positive OPK) because she thought having specific, predictable timing might be successful for me. Those were the only times I didnt test my OPKs to a positive, all other times I could get a positive.

I always have to use the expensive clearblue tests. the cheapy OPKs dont work for me. In the past I've tried several brands on the same cup of urine at the same time and some turn positive and others don't. Totally weird.

welcome dojenstein!

Welcome dojenstein. Sorry to hear about your mc, lets hope you get a BFP real soon

CD19 and finally a positive OPK! whoo hoo!! this is crazy late for me to O but I'll take it! :)
thanks gals for your words of support

I told you kaysbc!! Well, I think I told you that it might come later. We'll take it. Woohoo!!! Go get 'em girl. :thumbup:

I know! I"m so relieved! and so glad that I get to try this cycle instead of it being for nothing.

Cd10, my first follicle check... she wouldn't tell me what she found (as far as numbers, size) but said one follicle looked good to go so I can do the trigger shot tomorrow. Totally was expecting to have to go for at least one more follie check but I have a sense of "fullness" in my belly so I guess that is what it is. I guess ovulation on Clomid happens on a different schedule!

Loving the new-do Terri! You can definitely do the shaved head. I just chopped all my hair off (for about the 15th time) to a pixie cut style. Love short hair and the fact that you don't have to spend time sorting it out. Everyday is a good hair day.

Thanks Clizard! I had no hair in my last picture too, but you probably just didn't notice. I shaved my head the day after my wedding. New man, new look. HA!!HA!! I do love it, but I still have to shave it every other day because I get severe stubble, and it's not nice to touch. hee hee.

futurebb-Good luck tomorrow with your trigger/IUI. I hope this works out for you!! So exciting!

futurebb, good luck with your trigger!

you should ask your doc what size follies you had. Its just good to know and see over time how things are. And just for curiosity. I always wrote down what my folly sizes were. Its just kinda fun and one more thing to obsess about ;). But also its your body and your treatment and you have a right to know what's going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->