40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

hello ladies, i'm new to board but so glad i found others over 40 and TTC. i'm 42 and i feel like i've tried everything from clomid, femara, bravelle for iui's. all unsuccessful. then got pregnant naturally, twice, both ending in early mc's. recently dx with mthfr and factor V but numbers good. feel like i only have one more try in me then moving on to adoption which has initiated a grieving process of sorts, giving up on a dream and something that seems so easier for all my friends and family. recently my obgyn suggested i try Pregnitude. is anyone else on it or heard of it? suggested for PCOS pts but my dr. said since i'm older and some evidence to increase egg quality that i should try it. evidently other benefits as well. thought i'd share the info at least.

Emmi, what suppliments is he taking?

WELCOME to all the new members. While I'm sorry you are here (don't have your baby yet), at least we're still trying! My mantra: "Maybe not this month...but soon!!" Eventually I'll drop a viable egg. It's gotta show up one of these cycles!

Hi Kat - he is on something that the clinic recommended - The Natural Health Practise Fertility support for men'. It has everything in except the garlic which I shove in everything I make for his dinner every night :wacko:

hello ladies, i'm new to board but so glad i found others over 40 and TTC. i'm 42 and i feel like i've tried everything from clomid, femara, bravelle for iui's. all unsuccessful. then got pregnant naturally, twice, both ending in early mc's. recently dx with mthfr and factor V but numbers good. feel like i only have one more try in me then moving on to adoption which has initiated a grieving process of sorts, giving up on a dream and something that seems so easier for all my friends and family. recently my obgyn suggested i try Pregnitude. is anyone else on it or heard of it? suggested for PCOS pts but my dr. said since i'm older and some evidence to increase egg quality that i should try it. evidently other benefits as well. thought i'd share the info at least.

Hi Jen - so sorry that you have been on such a journey.....I haven't tried Pregnitude but anything is worth a try.

thanks Emmi. Pregnitude is pretty new but doesn't need prescription as it is a dietary supplement. however, i think it's only sold online for now. cheapest amazon i did have a slight headache for the first couple of days. today first day without headache but haven't had any other side effects. here's one article about it if interested although you're getting ready for ivf (hope i have it right). like you said, can't hurt. there is some research about how it increases egg quality for girls like us. good luck with your ivf! happy thoughts!

well, it won't let me post as i'm new. i'll keep trying.

thanks Emmi. Pregnitude is pretty new but doesn't need prescription as it is a dietary supplement. however, i think it's only sold online for now. cheapest amazon i did have a slight headache for the first couple of days. today first day without headache but haven't had any other side effects. here's one article about it if interested although you're getting ready for ivf (hope i have it right). like you said, can't hurt. there is some research about how it increases egg quality for girls like us. good luck with your ivf! happy thoughts!

Thanks Jen!! I will start my injections on Weds for the IVF and it's just started occurring to me all the stuff that I have been and will be pumping into my body!! But I will do anything for a little baba s I will look into and see if I can have it with my medication.

Baby dust to you too - lets hope that all our effort will be worth it!

Hi Jen,
If ur trying to improve egg quality, are u taking Ubiquinol?? Lots of FS are routinely telling their pt's to take it these days. It's not cheap, but it's the one supplement that I won't go without these days. Doc's have been giving it to heart pt's for years bcos it helps with cell energy & renewal. Ill add a link for u to look at. It's known mostly as CoQ10, but you are better to buy it I the form known as Ubiquinol bcos it's more 'bio-available' mean ur body doesn't have to do things to it to actually use it... There's other benefits too I just can't remember them!

https://drewnesbitt.ca/coq10-fertility-super-supplement/-2011-09-28/

Ps.. If u already know about it sorry! Just thought worth mentioning incase!

Keep the tips coming, Ladies! We can all use as many as possible. I'm taking CoQ10 (400 a day) and DHEA (50 a day) in addition to my prenatal vitamin. I'm hoping my blood work soon shows that there has been an improvement in egg quality! It's been a year now and I hope it didn't get worse.

Today is my last day on this stupid birth control pill (I was shrinking a cyst I developed during my July cycle). I can't wait to be trying again!!

Oh that's great news that at least you will be able to try again soon - great to hear that:happydance:

Emmi, i def know what you mean about "all the stuff" in order to prepare for ivf. just breathe, it will be ok. i am really excited for you and this next step.

Hi Ladies. I am a newbie here also. 43 and TTC for the first time. Looks like this will be a good place for encouragement, sharing and advice. Long story short . I was in a 20 year relationship with an older man who did not want any more children and I was fine with that. We split last year and I have since met a wonderful man 40 who has always wanted children too and we feel we had better get at it! I have only just begun, have been tracking my cycles which are very regular, taking prenatals and Vitex for 5 months. I have an appointment with family doc next week to get bloodwork done so I can see if I have a snowball's chance in hell. Would love for it to happen naturally but at my age I figure it will be better to be proactive in my own fertility! Thanks in advance for any and all support!

thank you Juniperjules. i'm going to check out your link. i have been taking a coq10 but only 100 mg bought from the local drug store. i should def up the dosage and quality. thank you. i've also been doing acupuncture with naturopath. he really believes in wheatgrass, royal jelly. i talked with him about the Pregnitude and he certainly thought it couldn't hurt. i also take Thorne prenatal that has bio-available forms of folic acid and b vitamins. although i've been diagnosed with mthfr which is a blood clotting issue, it also means that my body has difficult time breaking down folic acid which is a synthetic. evidently, about 40% of people have same issue undiagnosed. but dr's won't run the test without a specific reason. part of recurrent mc blood test after i had my 2nd. if they would have done it sooner, i feel like i could have increased my fertility chances years ago or kept my pregnancies going. sorry, i took a downward turn there. i truly believe in empowering yourself with diet and natural supplements so i'm glad i found you ladies!! thank you!!

Hi ladies, I was advised to take 65mg DHEA (25mg x3 spread across the day) to try and improve egg quality then stop 1 month before starting ICSI treatment. Which is where I am now, Just waiting for AF so I can have by baseline scan and start injecting, should be this week so will let you know if it seems to have made a difference. Last couple of IVF / IUI I had 3-4 good follicles and the 1 IVF they did and 2 top quality embryos put back. Sadly it was a BFN so they think its egg quality was poor. 2nd cycle was converted to IUI as they thought I could get a better response to drugs but now seems I won't. So basically if I can get 4 eggs the hope is they'll be better quality. I asked about COQ10 and she didn't think it was worth it but to be honest I took 600mg a day anyway for 6 weeks 'just in case'!
Good luck to you all will keep you posted with progress over the next few weeks.

Oh forgot to add BTW I have known my BF for fours years as friends only....I am not ttc with a stranger! LOL

We all seem to be working very hard for out 1st baby! I hope this thread has good news soon.

Today is my last day on BC pills, thank god. I'm sure my cyst is shrunk by now. Glad to get back to the TTC business again!

Emmi, i def know what you mean about "all the stuff" in order to prepare for ivf. just breathe, it will be ok. i am really excited for you and this next step.

Awww thank you Jen - luck to you and me both! x (and of course everyone else!:kiss:)

Hi Ladies. I am a newbie here also. 43 and TTC for the first time. Looks like this will be a good place for encouragement, sharing and advice. Long story short . I was in a 20 year relationship with an older man who did not want any more children and I was fine with that. We split last year and I have since met a wonderful man 40 who has always wanted children too and we feel we had better get at it! I have only just begun, have been tracking my cycles which are very regular, taking prenatals and Vitex for 5 months. I have an appointment with family doc next week to get bloodwork done so I can see if I have a snowball's chance in hell. Would love for it to happen naturally but at my age I figure it will be better to be proactive in my own fertility! Thanks in advance for any and all support!

Hi Claire - wishing you both good news!! Once the blood test results start coming in that hopefully you will know whats what!!

Kat, I understand that your cyst was functional i.e. the one that goes away on its own? do you know if it increased your E2/estrogen levels? I am asking cos my E2 is super high and I think it's the cyst but not quite sure.

Kat, I understand that your cyst was functional i.e. the one that goes away on its own? do you know if it increased your E2/estrogen levels? I am asking cos my E2 is super high and I think it's the cyst but not quite sure.

I'm not sure if the cyst itself increased estrogen levels. I was told it feeds off of increased estrogen, which I had from taking the fertility drugs. I wish I could give you a concrete answer!!

Hi ClaireCath, Welcome!! just curious, were your cycles regular w/out vitex? just curious about need for vitex. also, have read book entitled The Infertility Cure by Randine Lewis? she has website too, very user friendly w/advice for many fertility issues whether with ART or natural.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->