40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

Girls, it's no joke on how expensive these procedures are. I maxed out with my insurance on my first IVF so anything after that is out of pocket. At least for the medication portion. Procedures, b/w and u/s are still covered by medical - till I reach that max.

As well as many of you, I've decided to clean up my diet by eating non hormone dairy, meats and veggies. Quiet an expensive life style. But hopes that it will help with my egg quality.

My next attempt for IVF is not for another 2 cycles. I'm still waiting for this one after all the hormones I've been on. My first IVF was canceled due to poor response to meds. So far I'm on day 38 since last mens. Anyone else had a cycle canceled and waiting for mens - how long after did you get one?

Hang in there girls. We're all here for each other. Positive thoughts bring positive fortune.

Girls, it's no joke on how expensive these procedures are. I maxed out with my insurance on my first IVF so anything after that is out of pocket. At least for the medication portion. Procedures, b/w and u/s are still covered by medical - till I reach that max.

As well as many of you, I've decided to clean up my diet by eating non hormone dairy, meats and veggies. Quiet an expensive life style. But hopes that it will help with my egg quality.

My next attempt for IVF is not for another 2 cycles. I'm still waiting for this one after all the hormones I've been on. My first IVF was canceled due to poor response to meds. So far I'm on day 38 since last mens. Anyone else had a cycle canceled and waiting for mens - how long after did you get one?

Hang in there girls. We're all here for each other. Positive thoughts bring positive fortune.

Sorry to hear that Pescadita, probably a stupid question but do they know why u had a poor response to meds? Does that basically mean ur follicles weren't responding?? That's the scenario that worries me....

I'm not a religious girl, but HALLELUJAH, I've started spotting! My period is on it's way!

Hey Kat, I'm with you!!!! Spotted last night and bam AF this morning! WOOOOHOOO!!!!

Sorry to hear that Pescadita, probably a stupid question but do they know why u had a poor response to meds? Does that basically mean ur follicles weren't responding?? That's the scenario that worries me....

I guess that's what it means. I didn't repsond with Clomid on first IUI, no response with Ferma on second IUI and no response to 1st IVF. They had me on Lupron, Follistem, Menapur and somthing else. (Can't remember) With this IVF, I had 3 follies that were under the size of 9 so not much could have been done. Hence...canceling my cycle. I'm worried I might not respond to second round of IFV. But I don't want to loose hope.

Pescadita, it might an idea to try natural cycle IVF without the stimulation. the rates are lower as you will only be producing one egg but still better than having to cancel your cycle altogether. one naturally produced good quality egg may give you a better chance. I have high FSH/low AMH so was told I wont respond to stimulation so I am going for natural cycle IVF. unfortunately I developed cysts so cant start my IVf yet

I guess that's what it means. I didn't repsond with Clomid on first IUI, no response with Ferma on second IUI and no response to 1st IVF. They had me on Lupron, Follistem, Menapur and somthing else. (Can't remember) With this IVF, I had 3 follies that were under the size of 9 so not much could have been done. Hence...canceling my cycle. I'm worried I might not respond to second round of IFV. But I don't want to loose hope.

Hi Pescadita, i'm sorry to hear about what you're going thru with ivf. i was just curious about Lupron you were on. i've only heard about it when discussing ivf with egg donor in order to shut down system in order to synchronize cycle with egg donor and recipient. what does Lupron do for a regular ivf cycle? if that is what it does (shut down your cycle), does that play into sluggish response later at time of ovulation? especially if it takes 90 days for follicle to develop? and good luck in your 2nd attempt!

Hi Pescadita, i'm sorry to hear about what you're going thru with ivf. i was just curious about Lupron you were on. i've only heard about it when discussing ivf with egg donor in order to shut down system in order to synchronize cycle with egg donor and recipient. what does Lupron do for a regular ivf cycle? if that is what it does (shut down your cycle), does that play into sluggish response later at time of ovulation? especially if it takes 90 days for follicle to develop? and good luck in your 2nd attempt!

PS Just playing devil's-advocate asking questions about Lupron. i guess i'm living vicariously thru you ladies and want to hear that you are all successful. my FS only recommended we do egg donor ivf due to FSH at 16 and i don't think he believed much in supplements, diet, acupuncture or anything else discussed around the world influencing successful conception. so just curious and again, wish all of you the best of luck!

Hey ladies, been following but not posted for a while. Good luck to you all and Bash great news that you're good to go again.
AFM: AF finally turned up, since I stopped all the hormones etc my cycles been really stretched out, not sure if it's that or just getting old. Anyway after 3 months of waiting (and you know how important each month is at our age), I called to book my scan for tomorrow, so far so good. Then I get a call back an hour later to say there's been a mix up and I should have had my prescription before now (which I specifically asked about 2 months ago as ive been here before and know when the meds are needed, but was told no you can get it on the day of your scan) and they weren't sure if i could go ahead this month. You can imagine my reaction! Now this isn't the first time this clinic has had an 'administrative error' with me and I'm not impressed and they all but accused my of lying. To cut a long story short I insisted they find a solution and find away to get me the meds I need. I'm so angry at them cos really I have no choice but to go with them, starting anywhere else will mean delays and I just can't afford that. I was feeling so positive about this but this has thrown me. I just locked myself in the loo at work and cried. So anyway I have my scan tomorrow, a little apprehensive after this afternoon, so hopefully start buseralin and Menopur tomorrow night and work on that positive mental attitude!

Hey Kat, I'm with you!!!! Spotted last night and bam AF this morning! WOOOOHOOO!!!!

Normally we hate getting AF, but when you're waiting to try, it's all you want to see! Hopefully I'll get "full flow" by the morning and can call it in tomorrow. I never got past spotting today so far, but it's normal for my cycle to kick in slowly.

Bash, we're gonna catch that egg this cycle!!

A girl I know who is 43 just announced her 3rd pregnancy. Hit me like a freight train. She gets a 3rd at 43 and I can't even seem to get one at 40/41?? I'm happy for her, but really jealous. I need to turn my negative feelings into positive ones because...hey...she's even older than me and got pregnant without ANY help (I asked). Maybe there's still hope for me! So if I can just get past my bitterness, this story can offer me hope.

A girl I know who is 43 just announced her 3rd pregnancy. Hit me like a freight train. She gets a 3rd at 43 and I can't even seem to get one at 40/41?? I'm happy for her, but really jealous. I need to turn my negative feelings into positive ones because...hey...she's even older than me and got pregnant without ANY help (I asked). Maybe there's still hope for me! So if I can just get past my bitterness, this story can offer me hope.

i know whatcha mean, Kat. i have a girlfriend, my age 42, who just had her 4th. every year someone is pregnant at work. it's getting so hard for me to be happy, say "congratulations," to anyone who falls pregnant. i want to be happy for them but it just makes me more sad about my situation. we just have to do like you said and stay positive because the stress and negative feelings are useless emotions that serve no purpose whatsoever. hang in there!

Agree Ladies - I am not a bitter person but it gets too much hearing about anyone and everyone having yet another baba when I can't even have one.....But I guess we have to hope that our turn will come soon. Lots of positive thinking that all good things come to those that wait.

Hi Pussycat - I really hope that things have got sorted and you have started your journey!:happydance:

Kat don't be sad...and I feel everyone's pain about others being pregnant. I'm a group exercise instructor and if I see one more prego walk into one of my classes I might walk out...LOL. It is very frustrating I know. I want to be happy for them but I'm like oh there's another one. SO if they have sticky baby dust, ours is right around the corner :). I start my OPK this Sunday, oh the joys of peeing in a cup or on the stick, decisions, decisions. I'm hoping maybe my right tube was my problem the entire time even though HSG and exploratory in Feb were normal. My next appt w/the MFM is on the 28th. I don't think he wanted me to try before seeing him but his son told me I could...hence we will be DTD e/o day as soon as AF leaves and hoping she takes a lonnnnggggggg trip for about, I don't know let's say 10 months!!!!!!!! Have a great day, chins up, lots of prayers and baby dust!!!

Thanks for the sympathy, guys. I know I can bitch about it here because you guys go through the same thing and understand how painful and confusing it is.

But if she can do it, so can I!! LET'S DO THIS!!!

I've dreamed the past several nights that I either was pregnant or had kids. I don't dream about TTC very often, so I'm hoping this sudden influx of dreams is a good sign that my body is now in the game.

Thanks for the sympathy, guys. I know I can bitch about it here because you guys go through the same thing and understand how painful and confusing it is.

But if she can do it, so can I!! LET'S DO THIS!!!

I've dreamed the past several nights that I either was pregnant or had kids. I don't dream about TTC very often, so I'm hoping this sudden influx of dreams is a good sign that my body is now in the game.

Isn't it funny how are subconscious reacts!!! I keep dreaming about my follicles popping out fabulous eggs!! It's quite strange but am willing my body on too!! xxx

Pescadita, it might an idea to try natural cycle IVF without the stimulation. the rates are lower as you will only be producing one egg but still better than having to cancel your cycle altogether. one naturally produced good quality egg may give you a better chance. I have high FSH/low AMH so was told I wont respond to stimulation so I am going for natural cycle IVF. unfortunately I developed cysts so cant start my IVf yet

Briss, I acutally asked my doctor about natural IVF and the office I go to does not perform that procedure so if I'm serious about it, I need to look into an office out in NYC.

Definetly and option but time will tell if I succeed with the second IVF.

As far as the Lupron and what it does. That's a great question...From what I heard it suppress the ovulation. I could be wrong.

Hey ladies,
Completely agree about how you feel when others announce they're pregnant, a good friend of mine is due any day now and it's hard. However what i find harder these days is when people ask if I have kids and I say no, I used to get told 'it will be your turn next' or 'plenty of time for that', now I get sympathetic looks. ...
Anyway i had a good scan today, 10 (yes 10!!) little follicles all ready to grow and everything looked great apparently. I was so happy I cried (again!). That's the best baseline scan I've had so far in 4 IUIs and 1 ICSI, so now trying not to get too excited cos I know they won't all develop, but it is good news. So I got my meds and I feel better about the clinic cos the nurse actually gave me a spare bottle of Buseralin they had! So first jabs done, next scan next Wed, keeping everything crossed!!

Hey ladies I just turned 40 in May, we have been ttc 5.5 years. I just had a FET on Monday and hoping for the best.

Hey ladies,
Completely agree about how you feel when others announce they're pregnant, a good friend of mine is due any day now and it's hard. However what i find harder these days is when people ask if I have kids and I say no, I used to get told 'it will be your turn next' or 'plenty of time for that', now I get sympathetic looks. ...
Anyway i had a good scan today, 10 (yes 10!!) little follicles all ready to grow and everything looked great apparently. I was so happy I cried (again!). That's the best baseline scan I've had so far in 4 IUIs and 1 ICSI, so now trying not to get too excited cos I know they won't all develop, but it is good news. So I got my meds and I feel better about the clinic cos the nurse actually gave me a spare bottle of Buseralin they had! So first jabs done, next scan next Wed, keeping everything crossed!!

Ahhh yes - the sympathetic looks.......I just want to hide away sometimes as people are so quick to make assumptions or just be rude!

I have 10 follicles too!!!! Fingers crossed that all goes well and they grow :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->