40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

Update Ladies...surgery is scheduled for Tuesday to remove the mass near my right ovary. Hoping there was no damage to my tube or anything wrong w/the ovary. Until then...prayers and baby dust for all.

Update Ladies...surgery is scheduled for Tuesday to remove the mass near my right ovary. Hoping there was no damage to my tube or anything wrong w/the ovary. Until then...prayers and baby dust for all.

Sending lots of positive thoughts your way:hugs:

Bash, less than a week! I hope it goes perfectly and leaves your parts ready for the TTC game!!

Best news ever today (thought I'd never say this) HCG down to 4!!!!!!

Who hoo!!! Cake and champagne!! Oh, wow do I know how that feels :). Congratulation!

Who hoo!!! Cake and champagne!! Oh, wow do I know how that feels :). Congratulation!

Thanks Kat! No booze or cake, I need to eat clean until the surgery because anesthesia and I do not mix well! Didn't stop me from eating 2 Kashi CC cookies though.

Congrats!! Wonderful news for you!! Good luck with ur surgery- I'm sure it will go fabulously. Let us know how ur doing when you are able. May the force be with you! ; )

Okay Ladies - AF is here (boo and hiss as I really hoped that I would have my BFP just before IVF as awonderful irony!!!) So I have booked my pre-treatment and Antral Follicle scan for Tuesday 30th. Kind of excited but so bloody scared!! Thankfully - hubby has a day off so can come with me.

Just praying so hard that this is the beginning of something wonderful :kiss::kiss:

Thanks everyone for the well wishes, I'll be in touch once I can focus from the anesthesia, that's the worst part of it all!

Hi :flower: I just wanted to pop by and wish you luck and send you all heaps of baby dust. I also wanted to say I understand how you feel :cry::hugs: Sending you all lots of love and I'll be holding your hands every step of the way <3:thumbup:

Hi :flower: I just wanted to pop by and wish you luck and send you all heaps of baby dust. I also wanted to say I understand how you feel :cry::hugs: Sending you all lots of love and I'll be holding your hands every step of the way <3:thumbup:

Awww - thank you for that!! Baby dust and positive thoughts always welcome!!!:hugs:

Though I have a very lovely sweet hubby - he is really busy with work and other things that sometimes I think that he just doesn't get what I am going through.....It's like that I know he is supportive but he just doesn't show it the way I want him to - does that make sense??

I am so nervous and anxious about my pre-test and follicle scan on Tuesday but he hasn't seemed to register it.

Is it normal for OH not to be as stressed as us about it all? :wacko:

Oh, Emmi, yes it's very normal! My husband totally doesn't get it. If I'm crying on the couch he tries to comfort me, but he doesn't feel what I feel. That's why I'm here! This is the only place I can go to talk about things and feel understood.

Glad that it isn't just me.....It's so hard.....

But I suppose the plus side is that if they fell apart as much as us - we would all be such a horrible mess of tears etc.

But yes - at least we have this as an outlet!

Emmi, trust me Kat is right! Ur not alone. My OH is a lovely guy too. And after I had my HSG and it was VERY painful & traumatic, he was sympathetic & happy to have me order him around getting me cups of tea & hot water bottle etc while I lay on the couch with cramping.... But then he said 'is it ok if I go see Aaron's band play tonite? It won't be a late nite & ur not feeling good so ur just gonna be resting on the couch- ill b back by 11pm'.... At first I was gonna have a go at him.. Then I realised! Men just have different brains to us! They are very logical, rational & at times completely unemotional in how they look at things & make decisions. He didn't think it should be a big deal if he went out for a few hours.. And really it didn't matter.. But if the roles were reversed- no way I'd have gone out to see a band with him lying on the couch feeling sorry for himself.

I also think guys sometimes are a bit more optimistic, they have that attitude of 'its all gonna be ok, so don't go getting all stressed out before you actually have any answers'. Infact I wish I was that way inclined to look at things.

To be honest, it's my OH optimism and unfaltering assumption that we'll be parents eventually that is what's getting my hopes & spirits up. I don't ever want him to lose that positive perspective bcos I need it to keep me going.

But also Emmi, if u really are feeling down, or scared, you maybe should come straight out and tell ur hubby. Sometimes men as nice as they may be, can also be dense & hopeless at picking up cues that women spot from a mile away! He maybe just doesn't realise how ur feeling.

And if all else fails, that's wot all these amazing girls in here are for! ; )

So I haven't O'd and not sure why. Last cycle (which was my first after metho shot) I did. Very frustrating. It doesn't matter at the moment since I'm having the surgery on Tuesday but what's going on w/my body??? I can't seem to lose any weight either. My blood work was immaculate so it has to be that I'm eating wayyyyyy too many calories. I'm a personal trainer and I'm def exercising enough. That will come to a screaching halt Tuesday for at least 2 weeks. I hate buying clothes in a bigger size!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->