40+ and Trying for 1st? Join in!!

Kat, thanks anyway. i am likely to have MRI next week to check on the cyst, hopefully will know more then.

I love Randine Lewis' book! although unfortunately a year of acupuncture and chinese herbs did not bring me any closer to BFP and my FSH keeps getting higher

hi! i come from the other side of the world, and came across this site. this is my. first. post! ever! hello, everyone!

i'm 40y/o, married 1 1/2 years and trying to have a baby. never had bfp (oh! i have a lot of catching up to do with the acronyms!!), have had two cycles of clomid, etc, had my tubes tested and was pronounced ok; on the other hand, husband has no problem either.

there are only two of them siblings and two of us sisters, no third generation kids yet on both sides, and boy! it's an emotional roller coaster of hopefulness and disappointment everytime i begin bleeding on time! :(

but life goes on. it's awesome to connect with everyone. :)

Briss, good luck with your MRI!!

Welcome Mizmariz! Yeah, getting pregnant over 40 is HARD. I've been at it for a year now. 6 IUIs. Aside from just being "old" I don't have any problems. Husband is fine, too, aside from an ejaculatory disorder (hence all the IUIs). I just have to wait for "good" egg to drop one of these cycles. It's a rough waiting game. I wait and wait and wait and try again and again. So welcome to the roller coaster!

mizmariz, welcome, I hope your stay on TTC boards will be a short one and you will move to pregnancy boards in no time

hi! i come from the other side of the world, and came across this site. this is my. first. post! ever! hello, everyone!

i'm 40y/o, married 1 1/2 years and trying to have a baby. never had bfp (oh! i have a lot of catching up to do with the acronyms!!), have had two cycles of clomid, etc, had my tubes tested and was pronounced ok; on the other hand, husband has no problem either.

there are only two of them siblings and two of us sisters, no third generation kids yet on both sides, and boy! it's an emotional roller coaster of hopefulness and disappointment everytime i begin bleeding on time! :(

but life goes on. it's awesome to connect with everyone. :)

Welcome - you are in good company as we are all on that emotional roller coaster. Be assured that you are not alone....:flower:

You ladies really inspire me. I have really felt alone in this process, grasping for straws, while everyone around me gets pregnant like clockwork. This is the first time i've ever become a member on community board and i'm really glad i did. I'm already making changes in my supplements and feel more hopeful. Thank you to all of you!!

You ladies really inspire me. I have really felt alone in this process, grasping for straws, while everyone around me gets pregnant like clockwork. This is the first time i've ever become a member on community board and i'm really glad i did. I'm already making changes in my supplements and feel more hopeful. Thank you to all of you!!

It's all so lonely isn't it but it means so much to know that others feel the hurt and heartbreak of it all.:hugs:

I'm reading really uplifting book "the conception chronicles" - https://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Concep...634&sr=8-1&keywords=the+conception+chronicles

it's funny and also informative and makes you feel like you are not alone going through this nightmare and that what you feel and how you react to things is actually normal and most women in our shoes feel that way.

I agree Jen, these forums can be very empowering- women helping women, a common bond linking us all in a way that is really pretty priceless. And seriously, what the women in here don't know about fertility/ttc ain't worth knowing! ; )

You took the words right out of my mouth Jen! I too am feeling more hopeful :flower:

Hi Ladies. I am a newbie here also. 43 and TTC for the first time. Looks like this will be a good place for encouragement, sharing and advice. Long story short . I was in a 20 year relationship with an older man who did not want any more children and I was fine with that. We split last year and I have since met a wonderful man 40 who has always wanted children too and we feel we had better get at it! I have only just begun, have been tracking my cycles which are very regular, taking prenatals and Vitex for 5 months. I have an appointment with family doc next week to get bloodwork done so I can see if I have a snowball's chance in hell. Would love for it to happen naturally but at my age I figure it will be better to be proactive in my own fertility! Thanks in advance for any and all support!

Hi ClaireCath, Welcome!! just curious, were your cycles regular w/out vitex? just curious about need for vitex. also, have read book entitled The Infertility Cure by Randine Lewis? she has website too, very user friendly w/advice for many fertility issues whether with ART or natural.

Well I never really tracked my cycles before i started trying so...not sure. But I read that Vitex isable to balance out the feminine hormonal system in a natural, safe and effective way, with no side effects. Also that it boosts LH concentration naturally. I am also going to check out the website you recommended Jen! Thanks

Well I was a couple days late with only a little spotting so I thought hmmm, maybe I will pee on the stick tomorrow. But then, there it was. :-( So, onward we go. Not too frustrated yet and am trying to stay positive.

Well I was a couple days late with only a little spotting so I thought hmmm, maybe I will pee on the stick tomorrow. But then, there it was. :-( So, onward we go. Not too frustrated yet and am trying to stay positive.

Sorry to hear that Claire! It's disappointing when u get ur hopes up and AF arrives. But well done on staying positive! It's the only way forward in this process ; )

How is everyone today??? Sometimes I feel that I am just out of patience for the whole journey....Just want a little baba.

So I had my teaching today for my injections and I start buserelin tomorrow. Gonna be a pin cushion with the amount of jabs that I have to do but hey ho - on we go!!!

LOVE my new doc! Stitches were removed and he gave me the all clear to TRY again!!!!!!!!!!! So excited!!!!

How is everyone today??? Sometimes I feel that I am just out of patience for the whole journey....Just want a little baba.

So I had my teaching today for my injections and I start buserelin tomorrow. Gonna be a pin cushion with the amount of jabs that I have to do but hey ho - on we go!!!

Emmi, you are on your way! very excited for you. have you heard of Julia Indichova? she wrote Inconceivable, narration of her difficulties with secondary infertility. she's a big believer in imagery. (i never was until i read her story but had a change of heart knowing how she's helped others.) her website is fertileheart.com and imagery is something she says helps you "meet your baby halfway" (love that). anyway, with all that you're doing, thought i'd mention it if it would help you stay relaxed and/or deal with anxiety during this big process. good luck and keep us posted!

Emmi, you are on your way! very excited for you. have you heard of Julia Indichova? she wrote Inconceivable, narration of her difficulties with secondary infertility. she's a big believer in imagery. (i never was until i read her story but had a change of heart knowing how she's helped others.) her website is fertileheart.com and imagery is something she says helps you "meet your baby halfway" (love that). anyway, with all that you're doing, thought i'd mention it if it would help you stay relaxed and/or deal with anxiety during this big process. good luck and keep us posted!

Thank you Jen - that's really sweet of you:flower: I am so very positive and I read about Creative Visualisation (been picturing the moment I held baba for a long time) years ago and I am so very positive about the IVF but as I was saying to hubby last night - what happens if it doesn't work as that is a risk....... We are self-funding and there's no way we can get that kind of money again....

I want this to work so badly that I am going a little bonkers :wacko:

I have found the website will have a proper look!! Thank you!!!! xxx

Thank you Jen - that's really sweet of you:flower: I am so very positive and I read about Creative Visualisation (been picturing the moment I held baba for a long time) years ago and I am so very positive about the IVF but as I was saying to hubby last night - what happens if it doesn't work as that is a risk....... We are self-funding and there's no way we can get that kind of money again....

Emmi, I've been thinking the same thoughts. We've just decided to do IVF this past weekend. And it is a huge risk considering the cost. Don't know where u are, I'm in Australia, and basically we have to come up with about $10k, that's for one cycle & includes all meds, u/sounds, blood tests within the cycle, and bed fees for the egg pick up day & the docs fee for doing the pick up. Anaethetist fees will b billed after the fact- god knows wot that will be?? Could be up to $1000 I'm guessing?? And then 2 weeks later we can claim back about $4k from Medicare (our public health system). So give or take its about $6-7k out of pocket for one cycle... I'm trying not to think about failure!!! Bcos holy moly it's such a lot of money to end up with nothing... It's a petrifying thought...

Hi Juniper - we're in the UK and at our age - we don't get any help from the NHS......So all in all - it will cost us over £8,000 which is a cr*p load of money...... It's hard isn't it - having no choice to go for it but still aware of the risks.....

I am think I am just feeling so drained - been waiting to start my injections for weeks but now that day has come - the reality has hit me too!! It's about being so positive yet getting some sort of balance which is impossible!!!!! Lordy Lordy!!!

Thinking of everybody and have my fingers crossed for you all!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->