40 trying for number 2.

I am 39, 40 in April. TTC #2 DS is 13. I have had 4 m/c in the last 13 years and the most recent was 2 yrs ago. I for sure thought I was done but then met the love of my life and he has no children so here we go. I have just begun TTC this cycle. Because of my m/c history my dr has me on prometrium cd14-28 to help my lining. I am also taking 75mg DHEA a day. Anyone with experience with either??? I fear the prometrium gives me the same side effects as pregnancy symptoms. I had gastric bypass surgery in 08 and lost 145lbs so I feel healthy and ready to do this. I now have a very stress free life. Major stress I think caused the previous m/c's. I am also looking for a buddy. I am charting but again fear the prometrium messes with my temps.

I concieved DS with clomid 14 yrs ago. So if we are no pg in a couple months we will try the challenge again.

So excited!!

Glad you found us. Welcome!

2ww is almost over. no tests in the house so I wont test too early! AF is due Friday! fxd!!! feel like i always do at this point in my cycle. hope thats not a bad sign!

Hi girls............ My computer has been broken for almost 2 weeks...grrrrrrrr

Hows everyone doing????? I see iwantanother is getting close to testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and remember pregnancy symptoms are almost the same os periiod symptoms..... so no stressing!!!!

I'm going to reread everyones posts as I have been out of the loop for a bit..... ( effing computers and the geeks who fix them..haha)

so I got AF cd 28 just liek I always do....BUT this cycle got to try some Clomid...... Dr. prescribed 150mg.....kind of on the high end of dosages.... hope it doesnt mess up my lining/ cm..... will have to wait and see.
was told to BD cd 14,16,18,20..... here's to a full week of bonkin..LOL

haille- nice to see you back....Good luck with #2......

2ww is almost over. no tests in the house so I wont test too early! AF is due Friday! fxd!!! feel like i always do at this point in my cycle. hope thats not a bad sign!

Hi iwantanother this is tia here, i do pray for your BFP. I am also on my 2 week waith as of right now I also pray for a BFP for around christmas that would be a wonderful present. lots of :dust::dust::dust: to you sweetie

Hi girls............ My computer has been broken for almost 2 weeks...grrrrrrrr

Hows everyone doing????? I see iwantanother is getting close to testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and remember pregnancy symptoms are almost the same os periiod symptoms..... so no stressing!!!!

I'm going to reread everyones posts as I have been out of the loop for a bit..... ( effing computers and the geeks who fix them..haha)

so I got AF cd 28 just liek I always do....BUT this cycle got to try some Clomid...... Dr. prescribed 150mg.....kind of on the high end of dosages.... hope it doesnt mess up my lining/ cm..... will have to wait and see.
was told to BD cd 14,16,18,20..... here's to a full week of bonkin..LOL

haille- nice to see you back....Good luck with #2......
Hi chillybilly do hope that the clomid helps sweetheart, maybe this will do the trick sweetheart, I am as of right now on my 2week wait, I hope for a BFP for around christmas that would be a wonderful chritmas gift, lots of prayers and :dust::dust: to you sweetie.

Welcome Jenncha, You will find alot of support on this thread

Hi there...... 40 and still trying for #1.](*,)
Met OH when i was 33......
Had a surprise pregnanc that ended in MC. Nov 07.....
tried with not even a hint of a bfp until March 11..sadly ended in a "sort of " etopic....implant to high in uterus, but not in tubes...so after 4 month of waiting, after methotrixate shot..i am here again.
We just had a family wedding ceremony in oct :wedding: ( we eloped nov 11/10 )
and i am now in my 2ww and really hoping this is it.... I have a few symptoms so :loopy:

would love to have some cycle buddies my age or older :hugs:

t

Hi Chillbilly. I'm new to this site and your story sounds similar to mine. I'm 40 and am TTC baby#2. I started in July of this year and I used a digital OPK and it worked on the first try. My husband and I was so excited and couldn't believe it worked so quickly. However our excitement ended 6 weeks later in miscarriage and we've been trying ever since to conceive again. Unfortunately, the quick success I had with the monitor has not been repeated so far. I'm in the 2WW now at 10 DPO with my AF expected in 3 days. I have no symptoms so I'm pretty sure I'm out this month. I'm really starting to get nervous, anxious, disappointed and scared. I should be glad that I was able to get pregnant so quickly, but now I'm wondering if it's a fluke. Going on these sites and hearing people's stories does seem to help in staying positive.

AF :( on to December

I know how you feel iwantanother I believe af is going to show her ugky face to me too,temps are dropping, af will be due in 4 days:cry::cry:, it is becoming harder and harder with each passing month, sorry :hugs: we have to hang in there sweetheart:hugs:

iwantanother---- so sorry to hear about AF,...... Here's to a Christmas BFP!!!!!!:xmas10:!!!!!!!!!!

dmari- It is sooo hard to get pregnant and then loose it so soon after!!! Big hugs to you!:hugs: Hope this is your cycle to get your:bfp:

I'm trying to stay positive for the next 2 weeks..... Not sure when AF is due .... because of the clomid. i sure did feel different types of O pains.....mostly on cd 17. So.... will count down from there.

Hope this Christmas we all get or already have our :bfp:

tia tammy- good luck in 4 days.......Hope the witch :witch: doesn't show!!!!!

I have never temped before. anyone want to give me a quick crash course?

from what I have ead..... you need an ovulation thermometer..needs to have 2 decimal points not like the normal thermo's.......
have to take temps in bed ame time every day and no moving around as it can raise your temps.
when you chart every day you will see the ovulation spike.... it tells you after u ovulate..so must watch your charts I guess....

another good thing about temping.....just before you are expecting AF...you will get rise of temps if pregnant..or they drop if not.

i have never tempted as i get up at different times..( OH gets up at 5:30 ..and I toss and turn until I get up hours later) plus I think I would obsess about it...... I obsess enough..haha.

If I am wrong please someone correct me......

have you tried ovulation sticks??

tia tammy- good luck in 4 days.......Hope the witch :witch: doesn't show!!!!!

Thankyou chillybilly I hope it doesnt show either. now just found out hubby has to go for more test he might be diabetic the one test came back on the high side, I just dont know how much more bad knews IU am going to be able to take:cry:,Then my dad he finds out his kidneys are failing has to go on a dialysis machine, it has really been nuts:cry::cry::cry:.I an getting so down in spirits, my dad is all I have left as far as parents my mom died years ago with luegaretts dicease,,,, hope this finds you well and happy:hugs::friends:

thanks for the help. does the spike come when you ovulate or before. i do use OPK usually get a pos on CD 12 or 13. lasts 2 days which is weird. the pos tells me i will ovulate in the next 12-48 hrs? i think i need to temp to pinpoint how soon or late after pos OPK i ovulate. i think thats why we keep missing. idk just looking and obsessing of course!!!! so sorry for everone having troubles! god bless!

Thankyou chillybilly I hope it doesnt show either. now just found out hubby has to go for more test he might be diabetic the one test came back on the high side, I just dont know how much more bad knews IU am going to be able to take:cry:,Then my dad he finds out his kidneys are failing has to go on a dialysis machine, it has really been nuts:cry::cry::cry:.I an getting so down in spirits, my dad is all I have left as far as parents my mom died years ago with luegaretts dicease,,,, hope this finds you well and happy:hugs::friends:[/QUOTE]

:hugs::hug:
so sorry to hear you are getting so much bad news.....
We're here for you. For venting frustration, to give support, advice, or just to lend an ear....
I really do hope you and your family get thro this!!!

CD9 waiting for ovulation around CD12-14. then fx'd for christmas day (or day after) BFP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->