40+ TTC, Loss & Pregnancy

Thanks Angelique. Wish it was Monday!

Almost there Love4You! Tomorrow will be here before you know it. I am positive that you will be absolutely fine. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Haha Amber! Great minds think alike!!
Appt is 8:50am. I'm hoping we see more than just an empty sac but from what I've read online that seems to be most common.

So they didn't give me a picture to take home but we did see the sac and what looked to be the yolk sac. Next ultrasound 5/4.

Hey Love4You, I am so happy for you. I am sure that your scan in May will be great with a strong heart beat.

Everyone have a lovely week. Today feels like a Monday, it was a holiday yesterday, Family Day. So we had a four day weekend and now having to try and get back into the swing of things. xo

Aw, I appreciate the positive thinking. I'd feel better if morning sickness had started. All I have is super bloat so I look 5 months pregnant. Awkward.
Summer is coming and you'll be TTC soon.

Hi Love4You,

Apparently every pregnancy is so different. I am sure that you are fine. Bloating, though not fun, is a good sign. :) It is a sign of progesterone which relaxes the smooth muscle in your digetive system. Hee hee, thank you Doctor Google. I had no nausea with dd, not much that indicated I was pregnant at all really. I got bit dizzy in the beginning, but that was it. I did land up carring so big, and loved every moment of it. But ja, who knows what the next one will be like.

July, I really can't wait! It will be winter here then. But that's ok, I don't really care anymore when, or how. As long as I can have a happy, healthy pregnancy which gets me to the point of taking a baby home, I will be so happy. My doctor said 9 out of 10 woman who get past 12 weeks, will take a baby home. I just keep positive and pray.

I am pretty sure I O'd twice this month, a couple days apart. I read that about 10% of woman in a controlled study had that. Will chat to OB when I see him in June.

Any thoughts on the matter?

I'm sure it's possible depending on the length of your cycle. Also sometimes your body gears up to O and fails so tries again later.

Ok, so now I see that the time is starting to pass quickly. Not long now and my issues will be sorted and I can ttc again.

I have such pms nausea this month. And change of season is also giving me a bit of a nasal drip, which is not helping.

I will be posting my journey here, completely, for memory and to share with anyone else.

I spoke to my dh about taking folic acid, and he rolled his eyes at me! Seriously! mmm... I will make sure he takes it. I told him it helps with keeping "them swimmers" healthy too. Anyway, I will get him to take it.

So, the medical aid excluded me for miscarriage for 12 months. It has been bothering me so much. So, yesterday I decided to contact my OB to discuss the issue. He referred me to the governing board. I landed up speaking to some big-shot at my actual medical aid company who confirmed that she has never seen such an exclusion. They will investigate it and get back to me. Fingers and toes crossed, and many prayers that they overturn the exclusion.

I pray that I will never need services related to another miscarriage, but I need to know that I am covered in case it should happen again.

So, today I am starting to feel excited as the time to op is getting shorter. June 12 is around the corner now.

My daughter asked me why I am going for an op, so I told her that they need to fix something. She told me she was very sad in December because she thought she was finally going to have a brother or sister. My heart broke for her. I told her not to worry, that she would have one next year. No pressure doctor, you have to make this happen. :)

I will do whatever it takes now.

I read that sweet potatoes (yams) produce more FSH. Haha, shall I start eating more of them? Although, I don't have any issue falling pregnant, it's keeping the babies in that becomes an issue. But we will get to the route of the problem.

Your appt is sooo close. I'm excited for you too!
My daughter is dying for a sister. Poor thing has 4 brothers. I'm sure though if this pregnancy succeeds it'll be another boy. She'll be so sad. I just blame daddy.

Love4You... why do you think it will be another boy? How are you doing otherwise?

I think with 4 boys that the odds of a girl is pretty small. I just want a healthy baby. And my boys are such mamas boys that I don't mind more.
No bleeding or cramping. I'm really dizzy, tired, and nauseous (but only if I'm hungry) Pretty mild symptoms so far. Scan on Thursday! Excited and worried!!

I agree, a happy healthy baby is all that matters! I hope that you feel better soon. I am sure that everything will go well on Thursday.

I hope that they will give you a pic this time :)

So, my cycle came two days early again. 26 days and quite heavy. I read on Dr. Google that heavier flow is probably due to polyp. I will have to chat to Doc when I see him in just over a month. I wonder if the shorter cycle, which brings with it a shorter luteal phase will have negative consequences for conception.

I hope that everyone is well.

I read that taking vitamin B will lengthen a short luteal phase. Maybe try that?
Ultrasound today at 2:30 eastern time (US). So nervous.

Thank you for the advice. I am on pre-natals. Do you think I should get extra Vit B? Probably hey lol

All the best for today. I am sure that it will all go well. Can't wait to get the update :)

I think you guys are 6 hours behind us, if they have changed daylight savings.

Baby measures right on track. Heart rate 162. Hopefully we continue to progress. Thanks for all the positive thinking!

Attachments

• IMG_4821.jpg
    IMG_4821.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 4
And I definitely would try the extra vitamin B. It helped me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->