40+ TTC, Loss & Pregnancy

I know what you mean. We have one daughter and three losses. So, inside I am really impatient but I am showing a patient face. We both want another, and my dd can't wait, but I will give it to Jan, but then we need to start ttc

Just tell him to move to not trying, not preventing either, to see if it happens without all the fuss? I know my dh was a bit weird about timing it correctly etc. It felt unatural to him. Maybe he will be better with that?

I will admit, the scheduling aspect of everything has taken a bit of a toll. When I got pregnant in April(loss in early May), I was shocked. I hadn't really gotten a handle on the charting, etc., that everyone else seems to have no trouble with so, we just did whatever, whenever, and I crossed my fingers. Maybe I should just throw out the planners and just let what happens, happen. That said, after two back to back losses, I'm a nervous wreck. Knowing that time is getting shorter, being afraid of miscarriages now, when I never was before...Its so stressful. I told my doctor that I feel like the eggs I have left must be square, and dented up at this point, and I'm afraid I don't have any "good" eggs left. To top it off, my youngest(7) came home last week and announced that he needed a little brother, just out of nowhere. It was heartbreaking because, of course, I knew about the losses even though he didn't, and now I feel like I've let him down, too. I read all of these message boards for advice, and for comfort when things get really rough and, I see women who have been through so much worse than I have, so many more times, and they're still trying, still hopeful, and I am so envious of their strength, yours included. I've never considered myself a "weak" person but, I would have been 22 weeks yesterday, and I didn't handle it well at all...

I will admit, the scheduling aspect of everything has taken a bit of a toll. When I got pregnant in April(loss in early May), I was shocked. I hadn't really gotten a handle on the charting, etc., that everyone else seems to have no trouble with so, we just did whatever, whenever, and I crossed my fingers. Maybe I should just throw out the planners and just let what happens, happen. That said, after two back to back losses, I'm a nervous wreck. Knowing that time is getting shorter, being afraid of miscarriages now, when I never was before...Its so stressful. I told my doctor that I feel like the eggs I have left must be square, and dented up at this point, and I'm afraid I don't have any "" eggs left. To top it off, my youngest(7) came home last week and announced that he needed a little brother, just out of nowhere. It was heartbreaking because, of course, I knew about the losses even though he didn't, and now I feel like I've let him down, too. I read all of these message boards for advice, and for comfort when things get really rough and, I see women who have been through so much worse than I have, so many more times, and they're still trying, still hopeful, and I am so envious of their strength, yours included. I've never considered myself a "weak" person but, I would have been 22 weeks yesterday, and I didn't handle it well at all...

Hi, I'm only seeing this now. How are you doing?

Just been reading through all of this.
sorry for you loss.
I know the feeling as I've had a MC at 10 weeks and 3 CP and it's Heart breaking.
Just wanted to wish you the best of luck with this journey and goodness what a journey.
I just wanted to jump in and tell you that my aunty had my cousin when she was 41. So 40 really isn't old. I'm 39 and will be 40 in dec and 5 weeks 2 days pregnant. I'm like a nervous wreck just wanting to will away the weeks to get out of the danger zone.
I'm so scared of having another loss and the only thing giving me hope is pregnancy tests lines being so dark. We don't get betta bloods done here for HTC levels so it's a case of just waiting it out until u can have a scan. Normally not till week 12 here but hoping because of my age and my last preganacy being high risk I'll be offered a scan earlier just for the reassurance. Can stop testing then. I'm testing like a mad womon. It's a bit embarrassing but it's the only thing that keeps me more positive.

Anyway just wanted to say that so many womon have babies in there 40s now. I see a lady post on YouTube the other day that she was pregnant naturally at 45.
Just wanted to wish you all all the baby dust in the world.
I pray this happens for you all and I'm sure it will.
Hope u don't mind me dropping in.
Good luck ladies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"