42.3 and trying for #4

fandabby

Mom to 4 + 1 Angel
Reaction score
Morning ladies

We have three gorgeous children and 1 recent angel and here we are again trying to be hopeful.

We haven't waited for AF... My bleeding stopped 21st November and then brown spotting for 2 days then nothing.

I have been using my persona monitor and we got our O to indicate impending ovulation, this appeared yesterday and again today. I have also been peeing on ovulation sticks and it's been building up last few days and then bang earlier today had my positive so am hopeful I will ovulate by tomorrow. When you get your first O on persona, I think you are supposed to ovulate within 48 hours so it kind of makes sense that tomorrow could be our day.

We have been DTD since Saturday last week, every other day, well tried to but kids put a dampner on that Wed night so we did a quicky before school run Thurs morning and again that night and last night. We will hold off now and just wait and see. So lots of spermies hopefully swimming in the right direction from Bdg Sat PM, Mon PM, Thurs AM and PM and Fri PM. OH has enjoyed himself bless him, well I hope he has although I think he felt the pressure last night.

Each of our pregnancies have been different - 1st DTD once on a date a psychic told me to do it on - BOY, 2nd DTD once when got first O on persona - BOY, 3rd DTD a week leading up to ovulation every other night and again on first O on persona then held off - GIRL, 4th DTD again every other night and again on first O on persona then held off - ANGEL.

Watch this space.

Taking lots of supplements too so fingers crossed we will get our BFP and this little one will be here to stay.

Thanks for reading and sorry for rambling. :dohh:

Baby dust to you all.

Welcome! Nice to meet you, and good luck. So sorry about your loss. I am also trying for #4, although my youngest is about the age of your oldest. It's been quite a while since I have been pg! My kids are all about 2.5 years apart. Now we're looking at at least a 7 year gap. :wacko: I'm hoping to have a #5 about 18 months-2 years after we get our #4. I don't want #4 to be without a sibling close in age like the others.

Welcome! Nice to meet you, and good luck. So sorry about your loss. I am also trying for #4, although my youngest is about the age of your oldest. It's been quite a while since I have been pg! My kids are all about 2.5 years apart. Now we're looking at at least a 7 year gap. :wacko: I'm hoping to have a #5 about 18 months-2 years after we get our #4. I don't want #4 to be without a sibling close in age like the others.

Thanks for welcome. I probably would do same and have another but my age has got me. I met my husband at 35 so baby making was later in life.

My friend has a 7 yr gap between no 2 and 3 and she had another so no 4 and that gap is about 2 yrs...

Good luck with your plans. :dust:

Morning ladies

We have three gorgeous children and 1 recent angel and here we are again trying to be hopeful.

We haven't waited for AF... My bleeding stopped 21st November and then brown spotting for 2 days then nothing.

I have been using my persona monitor and we got our O to indicate impending ovulation, this appeared yesterday and again today. I have also been peeing on ovulation sticks and it's been building up last few days and then bang earlier today had my positive so am hopeful I will ovulate by tomorrow. When you get your first O on persona, I think you are supposed to ovulate within 48 hours so it kind of makes sense that tomorrow could be our day.

We have been DTD since Saturday last week, every other day, well tried to but kids put a dampner on that Wed night so we did a quicky before school run Thurs morning and again that night and last night. We will hold off now and just wait and see. So lots of spermies hopefully swimming in the right direction from Bdg Sat PM, Mon PM, Thurs AM and PM and Fri PM. OH has enjoyed himself bless him, well I hope he has although I think he felt the pressure last night.

Each of our pregnancies have been different - 1st DTD once on a date a psychic told me to do it on - BOY, 2nd DTD once when got first O on persona - BOY, 3rd DTD a week leading up to ovulation every other night and again on first O on persona then held off - GIRL, 4th DTD again every other night and again on first O on persona then held off - ANGEL.

Watch this space.

Taking lots of supplements too so fingers crossed we will get our BFP and this little one will be here to stay.

Thanks for reading and sorry for rambling. :dohh:

Baby dust to you all.

Hi Fandaby...good luck on your quest for #4! Sounds like you have all your bases covered. Also sorry to hear of your angel. I am 43, soon to be 44 and trying for #1. Late to the game, yes I know but was not with the right man up until now to have a kiddie. I'll be following up with you for some inspiration and :bfp:s for us both! Hopefully a few more "mature" Moms will crop up for us to bond with. lol the only problem is I FEEL like I am 30!! (not a problem really i guess) Take care!

Hi Fandaby...good luck on your quest for #4! Sounds like you have all your bases covered. Also sorry to hear of your angel. I am 43, soon to be 44 and trying for #1. Late to the game, yes I know but was not with the right man up until now to have a kiddie. I'll be following up with you for some inspiration and :bfp:s for us both! Hopefully a few more "mature" Moms will crop up for us to bond with. lol the only problem is I FEEL like I am 30!! (not a problem really i guess) Take care!

Hi, thanks I guess I'm in the 2WW now...

I know what you mean I certainly dont feel going on 43, my heart and mind is very much young but cant say so much for my energy, some days feel quite ragged :haha:

How long have you been trying? Are you supplementing at all?

It helps to know your body esp when you ovulate to get the timing right.

I'm still feeling bit crampy and boobs at sides little odd and have gone really bloated yesterday and today. Hoping that's all good signs.

You'll have to let me know how your ttc journey is going.

:dust:

Baby dust all round..

Hi, thanks I guess I'm in the 2WW now...

I know what you mean I certainly dont feel going on 43, my heart and mind is very much young but cant say so much for my energy, some days feel quite ragged :haha:

How long have you been trying? Are you supplementing at all?

It helps to know your body esp when you ovulate to get the timing right.

I'm still feeling bit crampy and boobs at sides little odd and have gone really bloated yesterday and today. Hoping that's all good signs.

You'll have to let me know how your ttc journey is going.

Baby dust all round..
Hey there. We've been trying since April. Have been tracking OV with digital OPK's and my body is geting the lh surge around day 11 but we haven't had any luck yet. So, we have started the process with a great RE. DH had his :spermy: :spermy: tested last week and today I go for my SIS, scan which will show what's happening with me as far as any blockages, fibroids God knows what else!! LOL My eggs may be in wheelchairs for all I Know! I have started serophene(clomid) first round this month. And yep I know what you mean about the old body somedays not feeling like 25. LOL And with your bunch it must be a killer some days! All I know is that if it happens here....the rewards will outweigh the troubles. Let's keep in touch! Good luck on your tww, i should be a bit behind you, as I am on day 9 right now, waiting to O. Take care :)
PS....Yes supplements coming out my ears. CoQ10, maca, Omega 3-6-9 fish oil, folic acid, prenatals....all year long. I did the vitex, chasteberry up until last month. Thought would stop while i am taking the fertility meds. Drinking red raspberry leaf tea (but i still love to have one mug of java in the morning!)

Welcome fandabby. I always love to hear about us even older mums :thumbup:
Sorry for your loss, :dust: for a sticky bean this month.

I am 41 and we are in our 3rd month of TTC for No 2. I had my DD 17 days before my 40th, so giving birth was one of the last things in did in my 30's :happydance: I am a bit behind at 7dpo but will be watching this space for news.

ClaireCath, good luck with the scan. Hope clomid gives you that BFP.

Hey there. We've been trying since April. Have been tracking OV with digital OPK's and my body is geting the lh surge around day 11 but we haven't had any luck yet. So, we have started the process with a great RE. DH had his :spermy: :spermy: tested last week and today I go for my SIS, scan which will show what's happening with me as far as any blockages, fibroids God knows what else!! LOL My eggs may be in wheelchairs for all I Know! I have started serophene(clomid) first round this month. And yep I know what you mean about the old body somedays not feeling like 25. LOL And with your bunch it must be a killer some days! All I know is that if it happens here....the rewards will outweigh the troubles. Let's keep in touch! Good luck on your tww, i should be a bit behind you, as I am on day 9 right now, waiting to O. Take care :)
PS....Yes supplements coming out my ears. CoQ10, maca, Omega 3-6-9 fish oil, folic acid, prenatals....all year long. I did the vitex, chasteberry up until last month. Thought would stop while i am taking the fertility meds. Drinking red raspberry leaf tea (but i still love to have one mug of java in the morning!)

Hi, thanks for replying, this 2ww I am gonna chill about this time and keeping busy, helps being December !!

Good luck with your scan, let's hope all is good with you. How was your husband and his result? I put my hubby on high strength zinc and vitamin c, and for the last month he's been taking coq10, calcium and magnesium and cod liver oil. I have hard these are good for sperm quality and mobility.

As for my supplements, last december I started on pregnacare plus and then come early summer I started on calcium, magnesium, evening primrose - which I used to stop at ovulation sign and Vit D3. I also drank red raspberry leaf tea - which I stopped at sign of ovulation. Then after my MC or rather during I included Royal Jelly, Black Cohosh, Omega 3,6,9, B Complex, COQ10 and a separate Vit D3. I have now stopped all of them apart from prenatal, vit d3 and the calcium. For incase it upsets the process. This is my plan, fingers crossed it will work.

Good luck to you and yes keep in touch, hope your tests go well. I'll keep you updated with my preggo test once I do it - next week.

I am 41 and we are in our 3rd month of TTC for No 2. I had my DD 17 days before my 40th, so giving birth was one of the last things in did in my 30's :happydance: I am a bit behind at 7dpo but will be watching this space for news.

Hi Charlie, thanks for joining us. Good luck with your journey and let me know how you go.

I know a handful of ladies in my town who are over 40 and are pushing babies out so there is hope...

Stay positive and dream of your new baby joining your family. What do they stay, draw in what you want - the secret. Think positive brings positive, think negative bring negative. Hard to do sometimes especially when passion comes into it, passion for a baby...

Good luck..

Hi Charlie. Thanks! Hoping for lots of :dust: for all of us!!

Morning ladies...well my scan went very well. Had 12 good follicles all together. 2 Huge ones on the right! I've been feeling some pretty intense twinges on that side so.....fingers crossed for a :bfp: from these babies!!! The doc was very impressed, said i have the insides of a woman ten years younger! :happydance: Couldn't believe my age actually. lol No fibroids, both tubes open so I'm good to go. As far as the swimmers, we don't get to find out until jan when all of our bloodwork for a whole month has been done. Soooooo doing some bday :sex: this weekend. I'm ovulating on my bday!! Crazy!! And I totally believe about putting the positive vibes out to the universe. Everything will happen at the right time. Have a great day!

Morning ladies...well my scan went very well. Had 12 good follicles all together. 2 Huge ones on the right! I've been feeling some pretty intense twinges on that side so.....fingers crossed for a :bfp: from these babies!!! The doc was very impressed, said i have the insides of a woman ten years younger! :happydance: Couldn't believe my age actually. lol No fibroids, both tubes open so I'm good to go. As far as the swimmers, we don't get to find out until jan when all of our bloodwork for a whole month has been done. Soooooo doing some bday :sex: this weekend. I'm ovulating on my bday!! Crazy!! And I totally believe about putting the positive vibes out to the universe. Everything will happen at the right time. Have a great day!

That's fabulous news ClaireCath, you must be beaming and full of positive energy.

BFP is coming soon and good work keeping your body young..

I'll start my testing in a few days so watch this space.

to everyone

Will definitely watch this space. I'll be cheering you on from here! and yes, the visit to the doc's did give me a pretty positive feeling.. .:thumbup:

Great news ClaireCath :thumbup: and agree well done for keeping so young :happydance:

Will definitely watch this space. I'll be cheering you on from here! and yes, the visit to the doc's did give me a pretty positive feeling.. .:thumbup:

Hi, well I am not sure properly where I am DPO as I didn't want to temp as I figured I'd be all over the place anyway following MC. As I said earlier following my MC I got my 'O' on persona monitor for the 2 days in a row and then a strong positive on OPK on the second day of persona 'O'.

If I count days from the day after my 2nd 'O' which was on Sat 30th Nov, then I am sitting at 9DPO.

I can't help myself, been peeing on sticks since Saturday, aren't I silly. Couldn't really see anything Sat or Sun. I did one tonight at 6.30pm and here it is, let me know what you think.....

rsz_dsc_0033[1].jpg

I will test again in the morning :winkwink:

Ooh I can see a faint line there :happydance:

Thanks charlie, I thought I could too but is it or is it imagination, you put the line there in your mind.

Am excited and hoping it is and will stay this time but being cautious, reserved for in case.

I will be peeing again on a stick, a proper holic, and will do every day this week to see if this super squinter gets darker.

Watch this space ....

charlie, how are you doing? How many days are you now post ovulation? Are you feeling anything happening?

I feel tonnes of pressure, bit nauseated but not sure if that is linked with my inflammation in my tummy and bowel doing that and feel like I need to wee loads which is crazy as since it's still mega early. Bit spotty. Nothing going on with boobs so who knows.

Hope you are feeling things happening.

Keep me posted too.

I am still waiting to O, on CD 13 today so have been busy BDing from today onwards! Usually O on CD 17, but that's late for me, probably as I am breastfeeding, so hoping for an earlier O this week, even CD 16 would be good :haha:

Looking forward to see a strong BFP tomorrow :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->