46 BFPS and Counting -TTC Lucky Support Thread - newbies welcome!

Thanks ladies. I actually got a +positive yesterday, sorry if I'm crap at explaining. Just wondering how long OPKs stay positive for? I'm getting positives today too. I feel like total crap so I'm guessing it's ovulation day today. I'm so bloated and practically bursting out of my trousers and I have cramps etc! Just wondering when to start counting dpo when I got my first positive yesterday?

Smille - good that you're getting pinching. Sorry to hear about the SA but it's good to hear it's nothing to worry about and that you'll still be able to conceive. Vitamins are a great idea. I am a firm believer in holistic and natural approaches to things.

super tired last night. I feel asleep on the couch at 7:30 and had to pull my self up to bed at 8.. could not even think or bairly move. Hope this life altering exhaustion is a sign!

oh forgot to say, had a really nice rise today.. but feel it's to much of a rise. I don't know how to read charts very well, is a big temp rise like that good?

Tiredness is one of the first symptoms! Fingers crossed it means something :)

Thanks ladies. I actually got a +positive yesterday, sorry if I'm crap at explaining. Just wondering how long OPKs stay positive for? I'm getting positives today too. I feel like total crap so I'm guessing it's ovulation day today. I'm so bloated and practically bursting out of my trousers and I have cramps etc! Just wondering when to start counting dpo when I got my first positive yesterday?

Smille - good that you're getting pinching. Sorry to hear about the SA but it's good to hear it's nothing to worry about and that you'll still be able to conceive. Vitamins are a great idea. I am a firm believer in holistic and natural approaches to things.

I always O on the 2nd day of + opks. I'd say with cramps and bloating, you are oing today. Tomorrow you can probably count yourself as 1dpo.

welcome squirrel! if this isn't my BFP cycle, then I'll be right with you, O'ing around Oct 16. :hugs:

wannab - I think women's surges can be short or long. As I mentioned, I tested out my surge this month and it was very short (hours) but when I look up the chart gallery on FF I see a lot of charts with 2 or even 3 days of pos opks! so just keep BDing if you can and if not you are still doing great! as long as you BD 2 days before O your chances are good!

JLM - keep us posted on the progesterone! I bought it with full intentions on using it, then chickened out :blush:

ajr - just noticed your new siggie - 3 boys! are you hoping for a girl??

AFM - I got pulled back in. I told myself I would only be hopeful again if my temp went up significantly today. and it did (by my standards - don't have a wide range of temps). sometimes I think it's beneficial to be positive and have all sorts of good vibes. other times I think it would be way better to be completely pleasantly surprised upon seeing a BFP.

so now I am going to test tomorrow at 9 DPO. I have a bachelorette party and while I'm a firm believer of "drink til it's pink" I guess I have to give it a chance to be pink first. I know it'll be early but if my cramps the night of 6DPO and temp dip on 7DPO were implantation, then it could be possible.

I was a little nauseous this AM, but I think it's because I went to bed hungry and woke up on empty stomach? Nausea is what made me test for my last BFP, but it was at 13DPO and pretty severe. Either way, testing commences tomorrow eeek :wacko:

GL to all of my lovely ladies! :hugs:

smille my SO is taking maca root powder. I just read that it was good for sperm motility so he makes a smoothie every morning with maca in it so try starting with that! :hugs:

ajr - just noticed your new siggie - 3 boys! are you hoping for a girl??

so now I am going to test tomorrow at 9 DPO.

yup 3 boys and I"m not even sure. I would not mind another boy, that is what I'm used to. Not sure what I'd do with a girl :) On the other day, DH wants a daughter :)

Good luck tomorrow!!! FX!

Smile- sorry about your SA I have read there are a lot of great natural ways to increase. It does however take a long time to find on the internet because so much says "wear boxer not briefs, don't get into hot tubs" lol we already know that!

Bee- can't wait to see your test tomorrow!

Wanna:yay:dance: on the +opk
ajr:shock: Well Damn! Ye ma'am a big temp rise is a GREAT thing lol:dance:

AFM :saywhat: Ummm...could someone tell my BBT you win the game by going UP...not bottoming out :haha:
Really, this better be an estrogen dip ( the progest cream has a bit of estradiol in it too) cuz I am sure I am not only getting more progest for sure with the cream but also some extra estrogen:roll:
So annoying. Def not implant dip, as whatever made my BBT this low this morning happened last night or ystrdy (BBT change - after whatever event).
Guess we will see what tomoro does. Just annoyed as I have this much more of a climb back up, and FF does not take kindly to dips below cover too much, so hope no more deep sea dives:shipw:

smille my SO is taking maca root powder. I just read that it was good for sperm motility so he makes a smoothie every morning with maca in it so try starting with that! :hugs:

Thanks for the tip. Ive been researching since we found out and google is not always your friend.

:hugs: Stay away from Google when it comes to everything is my rule! It's full of horror stories and will always have negative stories that are rare but they are the ones that we seem to focus on! Vitamins is a good idea and I'm sure the ladies on here have some great advice. The great news is that the doctor said you will still be able to conceive. Sending lots of :dust: to you and positive vibes xx

JLM - Keeping positive about the dip! I am sure there is a perfectly reasonable explanation. I'm sorry I don't know much about BBT! But I am sure all is still fine and you are in with a big fat chance :happydance:

Bee - testing tomorrow eeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :happydance: This is so exciting.

And thank you to all of you for your advice and reassurance. I know I've just talked about Google being evil but Google is what has had me panicking about my OPKs this week! Convinced me my body was broken in about ten seconds. And I worried for nothing of course. So yesterday's was positive (darkest pos was at 4pm) and today, I've had on off cramps all day and about an hour ago had strong cramps that I needed a heating pad for and they're still there now. OPK three hours ago was negative. So it think you're right Smille - I ovulated today/now so will count tomorrow as 1dpo. Me and DH are BD tonight when he gets home! :winkwink:

ajrNo no no! Too early! lol...but I understand...only a day ahead of you-sigh

Navy Why doth thou ducketh the opk?

Cause we're NTNP, isn't the point to not take those and just see what happens XD LOL

Also, does anyone here use a saliva microscope to watch for O? OPKs are hit or miss for me so I need another way besides just temps and OPKs. I've been on the fence about getting one for months

Ahh lol Sorry Navy forgot that part.
I use an actual microscope and slides ...yes...seriously - it was $10 lol.
I found it cheaper on craigslist than buying a ferning scope(same thing just portable).
What did you need to know?

Here's a couple pics, but my prob is I always have partial ferning, it just goes to Full at O, so for FF I didn't chart the partials bcuz it's considered a fertile sign. These are actual pics thru my scope:
My partial ferning before O
Ferning.jpg
My full ferning at O ( matched +Opk days)
FullFern2-cd15.jpg

Basically I did them each a.m. cuz you can't eat/drink 3 hrs before or you get false ferns.
Partial ferns are considered fertile but Full is best ( kind of like watery cm vs ew cm)
I describe what to look for as "long tree trunks" with "long branches" and lots of"leaves" coming off the branches- so 3 parts. Partial will have the above, but thin or only in some parts of dried saliva. Full the ferns should cover the whole sample.
GL!
Another Full fern pic
FullFern-cd13.jpg

Mainly just if it works or not. I know it doesn't work for everyone, but I'm willing to try since I have PCOS and need as many ways to pinpoint as possible.

Here's my OPK from today, negative but darker than what I usually get at CD11:https://i.imgur.com/vjbfluq.jpg

Navy I understand:hugs:
I updated the post with another pic

I'll have to see if I can find a discounted Ferming kit or just a cheap plain microscope and see how it does :)

Navy- I'm assuming since you have pcos you don't ovulate always or regularly. Well I don't have pcos BUT I wasn't ovulating until day 22-24 ish with AF coming on day 29. I tried black cohosh this month for the first time and got a positive OPK on cd 14! Right on track! Lol so hopefully this is your month but if not.. That might help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->