46 BFPS and Counting -TTC Lucky Support Thread - newbies welcome!

Smille- I'd be pretty angry about how they communicated this information. We read everywhere how our bodies work differently and so many ladies (including myself) ovulate later and still get pregnant all the time, I know you know that so don't let it get to you, it's obviously their fault telling you that just because you don't fit within their "average"

Ttc- good luck hun. I hope it goes well :hugs:. I'm so sorry you are going through this.

Lauren- I'm also near Pittsburgh! The tests seem very stressful, but the more you get done the easier it gets. I suggest not googling the procedure because you'll read horror stories. Yes, the HSG was the worst of all of the tests but my dr was really quick and there was minimal pain after. I hope after all of these tests you find answers as it is difficult not knowing. In less than 3 weeks I'll have my options and I cannot be anymore excited. I struggled emotionally with the concept of seeing an RE and admitting that we are struggling with infertility, but I feel relieved knowing we're in great care and that there are options.

Hi Smille! Thank you so much. I will take your advice and not google anything. I did get my AF today:cry: but at least now I can get started on the testing. One thing the doctor did say was something about a previous blood test another doctor did on me back in August showed my "ovarian age" not matching my actual age. In other words, my ovaries are old??? WTF!! He wants to repeat this test though, so I'll be doing that on Saturday. I have the HSG scheduled for next Thursday. Fun stuff. My hubby will be submitting his "sample" on Monday. Like you, the doctor said that one month from now we'll have lots more answers and can have a plan. This is so frustrating and I cried to the checkout nurse. Then today went to my work friend's baby shower - we both went off the pill at the same time. And here I am still changing tampons. Sorry, just feeling sorry for myself and there's no one I can talk to about it.

Smille- I'd be pretty angry about how they communicated this information. We read everywhere how our bodies work differently and so many ladies (including myself) ovulate later and still get pregnant all the time, I know you know that so don't let it get to you, it's obviously their fault telling you that just because you don't fit within their "average"

I was pretty upset, but I'm over it now. I understand that they want my cycles to be more predictable, but don't tell me I'm not ovulating just bc my cycles are longer. I think talking to the dr might be better than a nurse relaying the message.

Ttc- good luck hun. I hope it goes well :hugs:. I'm so sorry you are going through this.

Lauren- I'm also near Pittsburgh! The tests seem very stressful, but the more you get done the easier it gets. I suggest not googling the procedure because you'll read horror stories. Yes, the HSG was the worst of all of the tests but my dr was really quick and there was minimal pain after. I hope after all of these tests you find answers as it is difficult not knowing. In less than 3 weeks I'll have my options and I cannot be anymore excited. I struggled emotionally with the concept of seeing an RE and admitting that we are struggling with infertility, but I feel relieved knowing we're in great care and that there are options.

Hi Smille! Thank you so much. I will take your advice and not google anything. I did get my AF today:cry: but at least now I can get started on the testing. One thing the doctor did say was something about a previous blood test another doctor did on me back in August showed my "ovarian age" not matching my actual age. In other words, my ovaries are old??? WTF!! He wants to repeat this test though, so I'll be doing that on Saturday. I have the HSG scheduled for next Thursday. Fun stuff. My hubby will be submitting his "sample" on Monday. Like you, the doctor said that one month from now we'll have lots more answers and can have a plan. This is so frustrating and I cried to the checkout nurse. Then today went to my work friend's baby shower - we both went off the pill at the same time. And here I am still changing tampons. Sorry, just feeling sorry for myself and there's no one I can talk to about it.

Don't be sorry. It is a lot to take in. Sometimes when I sit in the waiting room my eyes well up. You can pm me if you need to talk. It's a big step, but we're headed in the right direction. Fxd everything goes well!!!

Thanks Smille,
Just curious, how long have you been TTC? What have your tests shown if any?

So AF showed up just now! I'm actually excited to see her. I hope and pray that's cycle next month is a normal length.
But quick question: do I count today as day 1 or count tomorrow. I would be more inclined to count tomorrow since it's the first full day of bleeding?

So AF showed up just now! I'm actually excited to see her. I hope and pray that's cycle next month is a normal length.
But quick question: do I count today as day 1 or count tomorrow. I would be more inclined to count tomorrow since it's the first full day of bleeding?

I believe today is still day 1 for you. We are both starting exactly the same day! Hope next month goes our way :hugs:

Ok cool. So I had a 12 day LP this month. Not bad. It falls within the range of normal I guess

Thanks Smille,
Just curious, how long have you been TTC? What have your tests shown if any?

We've been trying since Sept 2013. We tried a relaxed approach for the first 9 months. My tests have all come back normal up until today. The only thing they found was a vitamin D deficiency and a clear cyst which is normal. My dh had an SA done several months ago which was bad and that's why we're now seeing an RE.

I've always counted the start as light but my dr says cd1 is full flow. I'm sorry she showed, but at least you're out of limbo.

Well it's definitely not spotting and I have a tampon in so I counted today as cd1. I'm going to order some more OPKs for this month and I think some pre seed and maybe fertility monitor sticks. I haven't used my monitor in a few months but it may be time to bust it out again... Maybe now I won't be so stressed. Before I was pretty concerned about hitting our window for a summer baby but now that it's not possible I can relax some

Smille- i get so annoyed with drs. and their dates. no two people are the same. they tried to tell me i was wrong with my dates (for both pregnancies) because i knew my O date and they wanted me to be 'normal' and go by af. First time i gave birth on the date i gave them from ff. Wondering how it will go this time. I O'd both times on cd 21/22. Make SURE you tell that dr you know your O dates and you are sure you are O'ing and they took the bloods too soon.

I also have a d deficiency- i read sometimes its harder for us to conceive. I am on high levels of D because i also get ibs if i'm not on enough. Did they suggest doing anything to up your d?

Smille- i get so annoyed with drs. and their dates. no two people are the same. they tried to tell me i was wrong with my dates (for both pregnancies) because i knew my O date and they wanted me to be 'normal' and go by af. First time i gave birth on the date i gave them from ff. Wondering how it will go this time. I O'd both times on cd 21/22. Make SURE you tell that dr you know your O dates and you are sure you are O'ing and they took the bloods too soon.

I also have a d deficiency- i read sometimes its harder for us to conceive. I am on high levels of D because i also get ibs if i'm not on enough. Did they suggest doing anything to up your d?

I am definitely telling him they took my bloodwork too soon, because I know I ovulate. I'm sick of everything being based on the norm...what is "normal"? Because not every woman has 28 day cycles and they were aware of this. I think the dr will provide better information. I really like him and the cpn I usually talk to and I trust them.

I am taking 2,000 iui of vit D a day. I go back in Feb to be retested.

Smille I am sorry all of this is going on. :hugs: I really hope this gets sorted out soon and doctor re-does the test.

mommy How are you feeling? It is getting closer to the gender reveal :happydance: Are you planning on finding out?

Tex Wishing you lots of luck on this new cycle. I am sorry the timing did not work but will have Fx for you

Lauren :hugs: I am sorry Bout AF hitting. Best of luck on your testing and new cycle.

Trr How did testing go?

Squirrel That would be an amazing Christmas morning! Babydust coming your way

Eh it's ok conundrum it is what it is lol I just hope I get a little more predictable with my cycles so we can try to time a little better. Maybe try to do every other day between the time AF leaves till the next time? It's a pretty lofty ambition though

Test day tomorrow! I am actually really proud of myself for not testing early at all this month. Actually waited for the day I said I would test. I will be 12 or 13 dpo. :)

Squirrel - You are the sweetest! Thank you for the good vibes about my chart :). Hope your OPKs turn positive soon and you catch that egg for a Christmas bfp!!

Smile - Ditto to what everyone else has said. I find doctors and nurses to be so infuriating sometimes because they often don't listen to us when we know our bodies the best. I'm glad that I have an OB who's been better about taking my concerns seriously but even she brushes me off a lot of times.

Texas - best of luck with this new cycle! Glad you think you'll be able to relax a little more this cycle.

Afm - Ok so this morning has been really weird. 9dpo and I was having sexy dreams and woke up all hot and bothered. So I took my temp a little early so it's not as high as yesterday. Then I fell asleep for another 45 mins and then it was time to get up. Went to the bathroom and (tmi) had a little bit of a difficult poo but really not that bad. And then immediately while still on the toilet I had these horribly sharp and awful pains in my butt hole (sorry this is so tmi!) and a huge wave of nausea. I had to hurry and get off of the toilet so I could lay down on the cold bathroom floor for a few minutes. And then when I could get up my face was all pale. So weird. My body has played tricks on me in past cycles with twinges and stuff but this was very odd!

Texas hopefully the monitor will help. Are you doing anything at home for it?

Gina good luck! Nice to see you again!

Ksquared weird is always a good thing. When are you testing?

I was planning to wait until at least tomorrow, 10dpo. And then seeing how long I can wait after that. I do have a huge stockpile of cheapies plus a flat FRER, digital FRER and one more curved FRER even though they're awful. But I won't use the curved until I get a for sure bfp on the others.

So the "positive" I got yesterday must have been an error because I have a stark white cheapie with FMU today.

Af is due on Sunday so we will see if she shows. No more testing unless af doesn't show.

What an annoying thing to happen. If the witch shows, pity party for me on Sunday :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->