46 BFPS and Counting -TTC Lucky Support Thread - newbies welcome!

Jgo- Congrats! I have several friends who have all boys and they love it. Boys are very loving. My dd was (and still is) a handful. Very emotional and dramatic, but she takes after me lol.

jGo: congrats on your little blue bundle :) I would love a little brother for my son. My own brothers are so close and have an amazing brotherly bond. We're all close, but their bond is special. My two little nephews are amazingly close too. That brother relationship seems so special.

congrats jgo!!! I HATE being wrong :haha: but I'm so happy for you! and wow your DS will be excited (if you haven't already told him). I didn't realize he was 8 - big boy! so happy for you and DW :hugs:

squirrel - your chart is looking good....and different! testing tomorrow?!?! eeeeeeek!

so I must admit my temps have me intrigued. You know they hover at 98.29 (exactly :haha:) each month and never go above that. I think in the 8 months of temping I've had 2 random temps higher than that. So now my past 3 days aren't a fluke. It's not much higher, but I can't complain like I always do that my chart is doing what it always does.... :shrug:

Jgo- awesome news on the little boy! Congrats! I would love to have a little boy!

Bee- hoping this is it for you! Fingers crossed!!
Squirrel- your chart looks good too! Fingers are also crossed for you too!

Afm- no AF this morning but I took my last Walmart cheapie and it was bfn so AF is coming just idk when. Maybe tmrw? And then I would have had a 15 day LP? No doubt about it from my temps I am pretty sure O was cd13. Who knows? All I know is I am not pregnant

thanks for all the love ladies! i was thinking and hoping :pink: so it's still setting in that it's :blue: but i'm sure we're going to love watching the dynamic between the two boys. their age difference should make for an interesting relationship. my DS is a handful (his ADHD has all of us on our toes all the time) so hoping this one is at least a bit more on the easy going side! hahaha now the real struggle... naming him. we had a girls name settled on for ages but can't for the life of us agree on a boys name... yikes!

There are 7.5 years between DS1 and DS2. My eldest also has ADHD. It's interesting to say the least! Now at 13 and 5 all they want to do is wrestle and it drives me bonkers! However, DS2 adores his older brother and thinks his antics are hilarious as you can imagine. The brotherly bond is great. You'll have a ball bringing up the boys. They'll keep you on your toes for sure! ;-) xx

My DD is thrilled to be getting a sister as she has the two brothers already. I'm glad they will all have a same sex sibling. X

I am so excited Bee and Squirell. Can't we have some early testing... Please?! I have a good feeling for you both. Xx

lol teeny I will be early testing this month! I'll be 10dpo on the morning of my RE appt so I'll actually use an FRER just in case we are able to cancel the appt lol FX

jgo - you sound like us! or at least me...DH and I have our first girls name picked out (if that ever happens) but zero boys' names! It's hard for the boys!

Bee: I love how we're cycle buddies till the end! We're both having unusual-for-us TWW patterns. Hopefully that means those HSGs did something amazing and got us those BFPs! Would love a December due date! (Though I expect I'd end up due in November, as both mine grew really quickly and by my 12 week scan I was always put ahead by up to 5 days from when I knew I conceived (with Isla) and from what the early scans showed me as.).

Teeny: Haha! I may have already cracked this morning and tested :haha: :blush: 9dpo so of course BFN! I k ew it as I was cracking open the wrapper. I'm getting nervous as 10/11 dpo nears. In my past four pregnancies I've had a BFP in the evening of 10dpo once and three times on 11dpo. So I always feel nervous testing on 11dpo. If I don't have a BFP by Sunday I'll know this cycle is a bust. I won't feel too awful as we will try clomid next cycle, which is something new to focus on and has that slight increased chance of twins :haha: you guys know me!! I'll test again tomorrow and if I get the BFNs I'm expecting, then I'll try to avoid testing Sunday and try again on Monday. I'm not really having any symptoms other than a little cramping, some nausea and sore breasts - I've had all these before in the TWW, so not too excited about them. Still feeling hopeful, just nervous too now!

Congrats on the boy jGo!

I'm sorry I'm not responding to everyone else today, today is a sucky day because SO and I had an agreement about the car and suddenly he changes his mind when I'm not there. Makes me anxious and I'm already so on edge with the scan next Wednesday (i'm still so afraid that my body will fail me). I didn't want to read and run, so please know that I'm thinking of all of you!

I was just going to say that I bet AF will show today texas - mine did that last cycle. Wasn't there in the morning like I thought but came later in the day. so sorry :hugs::hugs: AF week is just the worst. :cry: sending you big hugs!

sorry about the disagreement with SO blab - men :nope: I just know that everything is going to be great at your scan though. I can feel it!

squirrel - I know what you mean - I basically DREAD testing on the day that I have in my head is the last possible day to get a bfp. that's why testing early is hardly bothersome. You can tell yourself, of course it was a bfn - there's still plenty of time. lol HOPING that is the case for you this cycle!!! but again, you're just like me this cycle - I'm going to be okay either way because I'm so looking forward to the RE appt. and the clomid for you sounds great - since you are O'ing I would say def a good chance of multiples with the clomid! I would love twins too - I'd even take triplets! :haha:

Oh I was just remembering how I went insanely crazy with testing during ttc time and I wish I had some common sense in me. I'd test morning and night some days and tweak the heck of the test looking for any line. With DS I kept getting BFNs until 13 DPO and by that time I was certain I'd get AF. This pregnancy I ovulated SO late I was convinced the egg and lining would be too old for implantation and I was already preparing for the next cycle so I'm glad I found out early on 9 DPO as it completely took me by surprise. I was telling my sister my favorite time in pregnancy apart from the kicks and ultrasounds and all that is seeing that second pink line.

It's on April 6th! 18 days away! (I've been counting down the days hehe) I'm so excited and secretly hoping for a girl but it'd nice for DS to get a brother as he's surrounded by girls now. My little sister is having a boy though!!

camp - I think that's what is so nice about these threads is that we don't all know each other in real life so we can be honest about those kind of things! DH and I want 4 girls lol and I typically have no problem telling people that if it comes up but they get so judgy about it! It's better to just discuss those things here because of COURSE we will all love our little babies no matter what. there is nothing wrong with hoping!

Of course I'll love my child either way, but I'm hoping for a boy. My dh on the other hand admitted that he wants another girl. I thought for sure he'd want a boy, but he loves that our dd clings to him. She's his partner in crime. I have a girl name picked out, but boy names are so difficult and we cannot agree on one.

Bee and squirrel- your charts are looking fab and I am really pulling for you lovely ladies this cycle.

Texas- :hugs:

lol we all agree about the boys names being tough then ! :haha:

I know it's crazy when people get so judgy about the preference. I think most people have to lean one way or another each pregnancy. and us women who have been trying so diligently for our little ones will of course be excited no matter what!

So sorry Texas :hugs:

Personally I don't care at all on the first. Second one I am going to want the opposite sex of the first one. That's why I've played with the idea of not finding out the sex of the first one. It's the only time I would be able to do it. Because with the second if it is the same sex as the first I want some time to wrap my head around it so I don't have gender disappointment at birth. And then I think back to my little brother. My mom was having a girl. Every ultrasound (which 19 years ago was like 1 or 2) they said it's a girl. Definitely not a boy. He was born and oh actually it's a boy! Lol. So it's not always fool proof. I think everyone has a preference but after all we have been through we would all be happy either way as long as he/she is happy and healthy.

Oh and boy names are soooo hard! Dh and I FINALLY picked one. I've been trying to come up with one for about 5 years. I've had my girls name since I was 10. And I like so many other ones. Boys, I would find one I liked but 2 days later I'd hate it. DH finally came up with one out of the blue and we both like it.

I am with you guys on the boys names!! We had such trouble agreeing on a boys name when we were pregnant with Isla as Oscar is the only one we ever loved. Since then my husband has relented to agreeing to use the name I LOVE and which we will use if we have another boy: Felix. I had to bribe him though :haha: If we have another boy he'll be Felix Edward. If we have a girl she'll be Isabelle ... (maybe Skye?).

I am almost 50/50 on what I want as our last baby. I'm veering more towards girl because girls are less likely to have autism and I'm obviously worried about having another autistic child. Also, I never had a sister and would love to vicariously experience that through having two daughters. Having said all that though, I would love for Oscar to have a brother, someone that could watch out for him and who he could learn from (and also, I would like to experience having a neurotypical son). So I'm very close to 50/50 either way, but the higher risk of autism in boys is making me want another girl slightly more.

We'll stay team yellow next time; excited about that!

I love you ladies all so much cause you all get it without any judgement. Yesterday I saw this post on Facebook about how awful it is to wish for a specific sex and how you should just be thankful for a child since so many people suffer conceiving and I found that a little harsh. I'm not a horrible person for wanting a daughter or a son and dream of one.

The love doesn't change one bit. I never felt like I can't love DS because of his gender and would gladly take a bullet for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->