46 BFPS and Counting -TTC Lucky Support Thread - newbies welcome!

Haha we also have such trouble finding boy names. We have multiple girl names lined up but for boys we don't know yet. We like Thomas and Aiden, but SO wants middle names and nothing really fits with those names.
Boy names are hard. I love Liam but SO hates it so that's never going to happen :haha: And Dutch names are really really awful. Think "Kees" (Case) or "Piet" (Pee-t, not Pete. Like pee, urine :p Or, "I peed" but with a t at the end :haha:)

I'm not really hoping for either, it's our first so I'm happy with either really! BUT I know SO secretly hopes for a girl a little bit. Not because he wants the first to be a girl, but because he really wants a daughter and he was like "if we get a girl out of the way NOW, I don't ever have to worry about that anymore" :haha:

Texas - I'm sorry about AF hun :(

I LOVE the name Liam, but my dh HATES it. It makes me so sad. He named our dd and I am taking charge this time.

blabla: Haha :haha: (at Dutch names being awful). My two favourite boys names ever came from my youth in Holland - Oskar and Feliks. I also liked Mattijs (though that was ruined for me by a disastrous 5-year-relationship to a guy called Mattias), Olivier and Theo (we were going to use Theo if Isla had been a boy).

What are your girls names? I always loved Evelien and we very nearly called Isla that with the idea of using the nickname Evie.

I love Scandinavian names especially girl names probably cause I dated a guy from Norway and got to discover that part of the world through him. If this baby is a boy I'm definitely going with Oliver Jude! I really love Noah but DH's cousin's son has that name and I want us to be different.

If it's a girl I'm going with Juliette. I've loved that name ever since I got pregnant with DS even though it's not the most "normal name" I just keep picture calling her "Jules" all the time. I don't have a middle name though! Maybe Juliette Elise.

We've got a girls name and boys name already picked out. Travis Orlan for a boy (family names. Travis is my husbands name and Orlan is my dads middle name- he died in 2012) and Tara Lois for a girl (Lois after my aunt who was murdered in 2014)

Hi ladies, just reading along since I won't have anything to update on until next cycle.

Hope nobody minds if I jump in on the gender wishing and name picking - but it's just sooo much fun lol. DH wants a girl, I want a boy. I know I wouldn't really care what I have when I get pregnant, as long as he/she is healthy, but I really want a son.

If we have a girl, I told DH we're naming her Ginevra (Ginny) Dawn. Or Penelope. For a son, Chase, Grayson or Blake.

Forgot to add - sorry Tex about af. and congrats jgo - I privately rooted for team blue lol.

Trix- The gender and name talk is always so much fun and a good distraction! I love Penelope (my niece's name) and Grayson! We call her Penny and I think Gray- Gray is so cute!

DH really wanted a son the first time, now he wants a girl cause he thinks if we don't get a girl I'll make us try for a 3rd baby haha, of course we could and end up with 3 boys like his parents did!

For a girl we really like Sophie (middle names are now currently set on Harper Rose) or Noa ( middle name Victoria, named after his best friend,).

I really hope my two pregnant cousins (one due on my birthday in May, one in September) don't take away our names haha. They are not telling anyone about the gender, well at least the one in May isn't. So if it is a boy, dear god don't call him Thomas. And please no Sophie for a girl. Those are our two favourite names :haha:

I haven't decided on a name for baby girl yet. Not even a shortlist!
I love the idea of having a name picked out but I cannot commit to a name until after baby is here!

I had a slight preference for a girl this time. I think it's natural.
When I had the MC I wouldn't have cared about gender because j just wanted everything to be okay. I thought that would carry on, but I did find myself hoping for pink this time which surprised me.

Sorry to hear the witch got you Texas. Wishing you the very best of luck this coming cycle. Xx

So 10dpo and very BFNs. Not completely written off this cycle yet, but feeling a lot less optimistic about it. Will try not to test till Monday now.

If it's a girl, I'm going with Hannah. It's been on my short list for a very long time.

Squirrel- it's still early hun. Your chart is still looking great. I'm praying for you and the rest of the girls.

We have Emma Lynn for a girl and Wyatt James for a boy. When I was little and would play pretend I would always be emma. I have always loved that name. Lynn is my mom's middle name. Wyatt is the first boy name we agree on and don't hate 2 days after finding it and James is my dh middle name.

Squirrel- Definitely still so early! Your chart looks wonderful I'm so so hoping this is your month! <3

Can't wait to see all of these names turn into babies !! What are everyone's current children's names? I only know squirrels and camps

Our first daughter will be named rani. My father died when I was young and his name was Ron. I always wanted to have a girl and name her Veronica and call her Ronnie. My dh is from India and prefers Indian names. Turns out rani is an Indian name and it means queen. Perfect ! No middle names picked out yet - or boys lol.

We will be team yellow every time. I feel opposite Gina - I think it would be harder to hear boy when I'm pregnant as opposed to handing me an adorable baby boy.

And teeny I'm with you. My mom scolded me recently saying how could I still hope for a girl after all of this? I think it's just natural though. Of course I want any baby and will be happy no matter what but I think it's normal to keep those hopes even at times like this.

Oh and Lo will have my last name. I'm surprised it's not very common. I'm carrying and pushing it out - you better believe it's getting my name !

I love Veronica! I'd call her Vera, but Rani sounds so pretty! Also I completely get the carrying and pushing out. I refuse that DH gets to name the baby. He can get to reject a name, or LOVE it. Also he can suggest a name but just him forcing a name on me forget that.

My friend's husband forced his late father Albanian name on their son. They were gonna use it as middle name but his uncle was like how could you!? So they forced her into using the name as a first name. This wouldn't fly with me.

I didn't even take DH's last name because to me I value my own family and culture more than I value his family. I've only seen awful things from my inlaws and great things from my parents so taking their name is a complete no. The baby can take his name though that doesn't bother me, as long as I get to pick the baby's name :p

My daughters name is Tabitha Marie. I thought it was adorable and it fits my little blond headed blue eyed girl. No way would my husband have let me keep my last name. He's super traditional and it would have upset him if I didn't take his last name. It's not a huge deal to me really.

Tex- It's such a pretty name!! Your girl sounds gorgeous too. I had all intentions to take DH's last name until I really got to know his family and after that I was so glad I didn't. I would have regretted it. DH would have liked me to take it but he doesn't really care. I moved countries for him! :p

I took DHs last name. I miss mine tho. I didn't want a different last name than my children and he's into the whole carry on the name thing. My last name was very Italian but I don't have any Italian in me (my dad took my grandma's second husbands last name). Dhs last name is German. I've always really identified as Italian in my mind even tho I'm not so losing the only part of me that was Italian was hard. I did however get an Italian phrase tattooed on my shoulder shortly after the wedding to still have a little Italian :haha:

Bee, I would think I'd be the same way but I would be so afraid of being disappointed and not instantly having that strong bond. Can't say until I've been through it I just know I have heard stories of women that were really disappointed in the gender and didn't even want to be with the child at first. I would hope I wouldn't feel that way but with all the hormones I'd rather just know ahead of time lol.

I was told DS was actually a girl at 16 weeks and I was over the moon, we painted the nursery pink like days later and I bought a bunch of pink clothes from babies r us and a bedding set (that I still have) so at the anatomy scan we found out our girl was a BOY. Honestly I had the shock of my life and I was very sad. I even cried.

If they said boy the first time I'd have been okay and happy but saying girl and thinking girl for a month I got to really envision her, picked her a name and going home outfit so I was really effected and dissappointed. I'm glad I did find out it's a boy though so it really gave me time to prepare myself so much. I fell in love with boy outfits and vests and bow ties so that turned out good. I talked to boy moms and they were all so encouraging and helpful so by birth I was so excited about a boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->