46 BFPS and Counting -TTC Lucky Support Thread - newbies welcome!

I am feeling so fed up right now. First of all, my temp this morning was pretty high and my chart looks all over the place. Pretty sure I've not ovulated as have not had anything close to a positive OPK and no real fertile cm or other signs like ovary pain like I get every month. I slept pretty good last night as well! I am not sure again if it's the soy throwing my cycle and temps out.

I then went to see my GP to try and get a second opinion about my short luteal phase. On top of this, I had my thyroid levels checked as I have an underactive thyroid. I've read that this can impact TTC massively and the optimal level for the Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) for conception should be between 1 - 2. Anything less you may struggle to conceive or even maintain a pregnancy should you conceive. Anyway my TSH level was 4! But apparently this is "normal". So I told her about my research and how I think this could be impacting on me being able to conceive, as well as having a short luteal phase. But once again, she really did not listen to me at all. She kept cutting me off mid-sentence and saying it could be any number of factors impacting me. She didn't have any notes regarding what the tests I've had with the fertility consultant at the hospital and started going on about having to have a chlamydia test before being referred to the hospital again, even though I tried telling her I had this test a few months ago! She was quite short with me and just wasn't listening at all. I felt so deflated and really wished I never bothered. She did agree to up my thyroxin medication from 50mg to 75mg for a couple of months. Ideally I want it to be doubled, but will take a small increase over nothing.

I feel so lost and just don't know what to do or where to go. I feel no one is really listening to me and just form their own judgements and opinions. I guess that's the NHS for you :nope: Has anyone on here ever gone private (UK) ? What is the process like? I know each clinic is different, but I just want to be listened too and want someone proactive to take charge of the situation and help me. I don't want IVF or anything, but I would like someone to perhaps provide me with progesterone or clomid or something.

Pompey - sorry to hear you feel not listened to and let down :hugs: beyond basic testing, they won't refer you to NHS services for infertility here if you've already had a child (even if you haven't but your partner has, they still won't help you, which is absurd!). So I had to go private after they did the basic tests. Here I did lots of research to find out which was the most reliable, respected yet also not the most expensive clinic I could find. Luckily in London there is lots of choice, but unluckily, you get London prices for everything too! Worth my clinic, I just called up and booked an initial consultation (cost £205). I went for this appointment and was surprised by how short it was (for what I paid!). I also felt quite patronised by the doctor telling me she wasn't worried about me conceiving and that I hadn't been trying very long (a year at that point). I felt quite deflated to be honest, but I got what I want out of it. She gave me three options: keep trying naturally, try a medicated cycle with clomid, hCG trigger and progesterone, and finally try medicated cycle with IUI too. That costs £1000 at my clinic, so we had to try save up for it. In the meantime, we've tried just medicated cycle (much cheaper at around £150 - I was expecting to be charged £165 for each of my scans, but I haven't been sent an invoice!). In terms of getting the prescriptions, it's surprisingly simple!! You just talk to the doctor's PA and she sends it out the same day! I accidentally threw out last month's clomid packet which had the clomid for this cycle in it and I had my new prescription with me the next day!

All in all, if you can find a somewhat affordable private clinic, it is very worthy it, as even if they don't take your view of things (like mine didn't seem to be concerned like I was at all!) you are paying them, so they are more willing to go with what you want.

We will be doing another medicated cycle this time round and if that doesn't work, then we will be doing IUI with this clinic next cycle.

I am feeling so fed up right now. First of all, my temp this morning was pretty high and my chart looks all over the place. Pretty sure I've not ovulated as have not had anything close to a positive OPK and no real fertile cm or other signs like ovary pain like I get every month. I slept pretty good last night as well! I am not sure again if it's the soy throwing my cycle and temps out.

I then went to see my GP to try and get a second opinion about my short luteal phase. On top of this, I had my thyroid levels checked as I have an underactive thyroid. I've read that this can impact TTC massively and the optimal level for the Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) for conception should be between 1 - 2. Anything less you may struggle to conceive or even maintain a pregnancy should you conceive. Anyway my TSH level was 4! But apparently this is "normal". So I told her about my research and how I think this could be impacting on me being able to conceive, as well as having a short luteal phase. But once again, she really did not listen to me at all. She kept cutting me off mid-sentence and saying it could be any number of factors impacting me. She didn't have any notes regarding what the tests I've had with the fertility consultant at the hospital and started going on about having to have a chlamydia test before being referred to the hospital again, even though I tried telling her I had this test a few months ago! She was quite short with me and just wasn't listening at all. I felt so deflated and really wished I never bothered. She did agree to up my thyroxin medication from 50mg to 75mg for a couple of months. Ideally I want it to be doubled, but will take a small increase over nothing.

I feel so lost and just don't know what to do or where to go. I feel no one is really listening to me and just form their own judgements and opinions. I guess that's the NHS for you :nope: Has anyone on here ever gone private (UK) ? What is the process like? I know each clinic is different, but I just want to be listened too and want someone proactive to take charge of the situation and help me. I don't want IVF or anything, but I would like someone to perhaps provide me with progesterone or clomid or something.

I'm really sorry ur having all these issues with her.... Drs just don't realize that we know our own bodies and know when something isn't right... But I do want to give u hope with the under active thyroid.... I was diagnosed at 12 with hypothyroidism but.... I have 5 children.... All normal pregnancies and deliveries except my youngest... She was stubborn and was transverse and decided to pop the amniotic sac herself 5 weeks early... I know that sounds weird but literally the Dr even said she did it... She literally stuck her hand out of my cervix and the Dr was like she's saying hi to everyone but let's get u to or stay for an emergency c section... But I never knew that hypothyroidism could affect fertility but everyone is different so yeah... I hope u figure something out soon... Baby dust to u....

AFM... Left right after my last post to pick my daughter up from school and normally a long walk like that would make me cramp and bleed more but no cramps and no blood... So IDK what's going on.. I only had one day of a full flow but it was super light and started off withspottinf only when I wiped. And yesterday it just slowly tapered off and this morning was only when I wiped.... Its now noon here and I got up at 7 and there's nothing there still....

Pompey - sorry to hear you feel not listened to and let down :hugs: beyond basic testing, they won't refer you to NHS services for infertility here if you've already had a child (even if you haven't but your partner has, they still won't help you, which is absurd!). So I had to go private after they did the basic tests. Here I did lots of research to find out which was the most reliable, respected yet also not the most expensive clinic I could find. Luckily in London there is lots of choice, but unluckily, you get London prices for everything too! Worth my clinic, I just called up and booked an initial consultation (cost £205). I went for this appointment and was surprised by how short it was (for what I paid!). I also felt quite patronised by the doctor telling me she wasn't worried about me conceiving and that I hadn't been trying very long (a year at that point). I felt quite deflated to be honest, but I got what I want out of it. She gave me three options: keep trying naturally, try a medicated cycle with clomid, hCG trigger and progesterone, and finally try medicated cycle with IUI too. That costs £1000 at my clinic, so we had to try save up for it. In the meantime, we've tried just medicated cycle (much cheaper at around £150 - I was expecting to be charged £165 for each of my scans, but I haven't been sent an invoice!). In terms of getting the prescriptions, it's surprisingly simple!! You just talk to the doctor's PA and she sends it out the same day! I accidentally threw out last month's clomid packet which had the clomid for this cycle in it and I had my new prescription with me the next day!

All in all, if you can find a somewhat affordable private clinic, it is very worthy it, as even if they don't take your view of things (like mine didn't seem to be concerned like I was at all!) you are paying them, so they are more willing to go with what you want.

We will be doing another medicated cycle this time round and if that doesn't work, then we will be doing IUI with this clinic next cycle.

Thank you for sharing your experience with me. The costs are pricey, but not quite as much as I thought they would be. All I want is someone to listen, take me seriously and offer me some viable options. I will see if the increase in thyroxin makes any difference, but I am edging closer to giving a clinic a ring. There is one in Poole which seems to have a good reputation as well as good success rates, so perhaps I will try them.

I am sorry the Dr patronised you, how awful. But I guess like you say, you got what you wanted from it.

It is so hard when you're not being listened to . I had a good cry tonight when I was talking about with my husband and I now feel a bit better. I think perhaps private is the way to go.

I'm really sorry ur having all these issues with her.... Drs just don't realize that we know our own bodies and know when something isn't right... But I do want to give u hope with the under active thyroid.... I was diagnosed at 12 with hypothyroidism but.... I have 5 children.... All normal pregnancies and deliveries except my youngest... She was stubborn and was transverse and decided to pop the amniotic sac herself 5 weeks early... I know that sounds weird but literally the Dr even said she did it... She literally stuck her hand out of my cervix and the Dr was like she's saying hi to everyone but let's get u to or stay for an emergency c section... But I never knew that hypothyroidism could affect fertility but everyone is different so yeah... I hope u figure something out soon... Baby dust to u....

AFM... Left right after my last post to pick my daughter up from school and normally a long walk like that would make me cramp and bleed more but no cramps and no blood... So IDK what's going on.. I only had one day of a full flow but it was super light and started off withspottinf only when I wiped. And yesterday it just slowly tapered off and this morning was only when I wiped.... Its now noon here and I got up at 7 and there's nothing there still....

Thanks for this :)
Are you being treated for hypothyroidism at all? I have read it can cause all sorts of issues when TTC if it is not properly treated. Here in the UK a normal TSH range is 0.4-4 (mine is 4), but when TTC it should ideally be between 1 & 2.

Welcome to the thread :thumbup:

Thanks for this :)
Are you being treated for hypothyroidism at all? I have read it can cause all sorts of issues when TTC if it is not properly treated. Here in the UK a normal TSH range is 0.4-4 (mine is 4), but when TTC it should ideally be between 1 & 2.

Welcome to the thread :thumbup:

I have been on meds since I was diagnosed and my levels were normal when I was a teenager but when I got pregnant my first time it went wacko and this is the first time since I was 16 that my level is within normal... This is my level as of a couple months ago 4.42 uIU/mL

and this is the normal ranges here in the US r 0.3 - 5.5 uIU/mL

But I have conceived 5 pregnancies I do believe I had a miscarriage right before I got preggo with my 3rd baby, but was never comfirmed...

I am so sorry you ladies are going through this with a lack of enthusiasm from your drs.

I switched my dr bc she refused to listen to me. I had an iud in and it shifted causing me so much pain that I could barely walk. She said there was no possible way it was from that, but I ended up in the ER. It was removed and I never had pain again.

My ob now is so kind and listens to my concerns. She tried as much as she could to help us conceive, but unfortunately it was a male issue. My RE was so amazing and very detailed. He knew we were feeling really down about our situation, but made us feel like it was no big deal and has a lot of confidence. The odds were against us, but we still ended up with success.

I feel so bad that you have little to no options. A good dr makes a huge difference, especially when you are struggling with something. I hope that you look into going private and find that it's not too costly.

I am so sorry you ladies are going through this with a lack of enthusiasm from your drs.

I switched my dr bc she refused to listen to me. I had an iud in and it shifted causing me so much pain that I could barely walk. She said there was no possible way it was from that, but I ended up in the ER. It was removed and I never had pain again.

My ob now is so kind and listens to my concerns. She tried as much as she could to help us conceive, but unfortunately it was a male issue. My RE was so amazing and very detailed. He knew we were feeling really down about our situation, but made us feel like it was no big deal and has a lot of confidence. The odds were against us, but we still ended up with success.

I feel so bad that you have little to no options. A good dr makes a huge difference, especially when you are struggling with something. I hope that you look into going private and find that it's not too costly.

I had the iud for only like a yr and half before it punctured my uterus wall and I ended up in the er... I will never get that again... I like the nexplanon implant though... Never had any issues with it...

IDK what to think ladies... What I thought was AF on Wednesday,i started spotting Tuesday afternoon, has now completely stopped... The only thing there now is when I did a cp check it was brownish/pink when I wiped my finger on the tp but was so little and each time it's less and less... I only had one day of full flow but it was light... More then spotting though... But since Thursday afternoon,my flow has tapered off and is now basically stopped... IDK what to think.... If it's still like this tomorrow, I'll be testing with FMU tomorrow

IDK what to think ladies... What I thought was AF on Wednesday,i started spotting Tuesday afternoon, has now completely stopped... The only thing there now is when I did a cp check it was brownish/pink when I wiped my finger on the tp but was so little and each time it's less and less... I only had one day of full flow but it was light... More then spotting though... But since Thursday afternoon,my flow has tapered off and is now basically stopped... IDK what to think.... If it's still like this tomorrow, I'll be testing with FMU tomorrow

Good luck!

Okay, I am now officially 2 days LATE. A good sign but that means I may very well be off by almost a full week as to when conception occurred. I'm still not convinced that I am, quite possibly, expecting but I will be testing on Monday. I should get a much more clear answer from a pregnancy test. At least, I hope I will.

poking in how are all you lovely ladies? anything new going on? any new bfps?

No New bfps.... I had a really weird "period" I spotted red blood for like 4 days before my temp dropped and then my period was super light. More like spotting again really but it faded to brown Friday and it was gone yesterday. Went ahead and started a new chart since my temps are down in pre O range and doing their stable thing. So fingers crossed it was just like a weak ovulation (I O'd on the late side like cd18-19) and I have better cycle this month. I see my OB on Tuesday just in case cause I called after spotting for a week and he said to come in this week so I am.

Bee and squirell- how are yall doing?

Also popping in today to say hi. I never really have much to contribute so I'm usually just stalking in the background. I know nothing about IUI or IVF so all I can do is offer support.

Hi to all the new ladies. You will find the best support and love here!

My next scan is in 3ish weeks. Babe still has a heartbeat but I have just a little belly so bump pics look like I ate too many cupcakes pics. Maybe I will get some popping in the next few weeks.

Keep at it ladies. Your rainbows are in the future. Lots of love

Peskipiksee and karma- good luck. Hopefully you get your bfps!

Bee and squirrel - sorry to hear af came. Hopefully this will be your month

Afm I got my progesterone levels back on Friday and they were 44.6. I'm currently 8/9ishdpo, as I had 2 lh surges I'm not entirely sure what day I o'ed on. I have been feeling super nauseous on the verge of throwing up and had strong cramps that only last a short time in my uterus, so I can only hope that these are good signs!!

Had no spotting yesterday. It had stopped completely not even on my finger when doing a cp/cm check Friday evening but then today when I went this morning nothing when I wiped but when I did a cp check there was blood... Bright pink... Its only been 3hrs since then and it already seems to be tapering off once again... So it's only barely spotting not really even hitting the tp again... My cp is higher then it was but not really high... IDK I really think this implant screwed with me...

Temp dropped 2 degrees this afternoon, AF got me (finally on CD61!) so hopefully next cycle is mine, but I hope it wasn't as long as this one!!!

pep - what ended up happening?!

texas - good luck at appt tomorrow! maybe that was a really weird AF if your lining was thin?

karma - any updates?

kitty kat - omg I didn't know your cycle was going on for that long! hooray for that being over with and a new chance on it's way! :hugs:

how is everyone??

super, super busy weekend. AF is almost gone. started taking femara last night. I'll go in a week from today for my saline ultrasound (SIS) and to check on the follies. IUI either Wed or Thurs of next week if everything looks good. just chugging along. :coffee:

Well, here's the update. Took a bit to gather up my wits so I don't cry while I type.

Took a test on Saturday morning and it came out positive but started lightly bleeding Sunday. As of today, I have what looks like full-on AF. I went to the doctor early this morning and he did a rush on the blood work. Turns out I WAS pregnant but it's now a chemical pregnancy. My DH and I are just a tad heartbroken. Almost 5 weeks along.

Good news! Doc said even though it turned out this way this time, there is no issue with going ahead and continuing to try on the next cycle. So, starting May 3, we'll be trying again. Hopefully, it will stick.

Karma Nexplanon messed with my cycles the first six months off and even though they semi-regulated I was still being sporadic after. B6 and B12 really helped, might be worth the try.

Kitty glad AF finally arrived! Wishing you lots of dust this cycle.

W FX for you hun!

Trr glad to hear everything is going well! Are you finding out the gender?

TeX I hope you get some answers. Wishing you luck

Bee So exciting. Really hope everything goes smoothly this go and your US is informative. Hope you had a nice weekend

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->