46 BFPS and Counting -TTC Lucky Support Thread - newbies welcome!

Squirrel- I'm so so sorry hun, you were so close like you said but at least this means that just using clomid worked, so you will definitely get pregnant again with a sticky bean! I'm so confident that it'll either happen this next cycle with clomid or with IUI! And please don't blame yourself, you can't prevent these things and I know you know that deep down :hugs:

Bee- Two of my friends who have done IUI got pregnant on the second time not the first cause it's all about timing like you said and the first try they all slightly missed the optimal time but hey you learn from it! At least now you know so you can argue your way into a pregnancy ;)

lol I was just thinking camp that I will verbally abuse as many medical professionals as I need until I'm pregnant! Game on!! :haha:

Thanks so much ladies :hugs: I am okay, really. Don't feel bad at all really as I wasn't expecting it to be positive again today.

Yep, the trigger showed up on Saturday on the FRER but by Sunday it was totally blank, so this was a new line. I'm glad I didn't test in the morning and see maybe a darker line and think things were going to be okay. If it hadn't been for the faintest of lines this morning then I'd have thought it was a faulty test. I think it was just a matter of late inplantation (maybe 12dpo as it was faint by 14dpo) and I've read that 12dpo and over for inplantation is quite common to end in chemical or miscarriage.

Bee, I'm glad we still have a chance to get joint BFPs next cycle. Seems like we'll get AF at a similar time? I think mine's due tomorrow and I'm likely to ovulate CD14 again. Trying to decide when to get my follicle scan. Maybe CD12? I don't want to go for more than one and CD9 was too early last time! I want to see big follicles (3 please :) not that I'm greedy!) and then be told go for it, use the trigger and get bding.

Hi Ladies, can I please join this thread?
Im 30 and dh is 34, we have been ttc for 11 months now, we were having no luck and my cycles were getting longer and longer, the longest was 48 days, so I got referred to a ob/gyn and they found a large cyst on my left ovary. I had surgery to remove it on the 27th of Feb, whilst in there they did a d&c and flushed my tubes. Everything went well and I was to start my ovulation induction and take Femara after my next AF, much to my surprise I ended up conceiving after my surgery (which I didn't think was possible) but sadly ended in a cp @5+6.
Once af started I took femara on days 3-7 and had a scan on day 12 and there was on dominant follicle which measured at 17mm. So they sent me home with opks and the next day I had a surge with ewcm, then 2 days later I surged again. I'm not to sure if that meant I released 2 eggs, as I had did have another smaller follicle at 15mm, which Im not sure if that may matured also and released, is that even possible?? Perhaps one of you lovely ladies can shed so light on this for me and give me some opinions, so I am either currently 9dpo or 7dpo. I had a blood test yesterday to check my progesterone levels so will be interesting to see what that comes back as!

:hugs::hugs: I should get AF tomorrow night but CD 1 should be considered for Saturday so I'll be a day behind but I o'ed on CD 13 with femara so looks like we can do this on the exact same day and have identical due dates!!! :haha::hugs:

and my problem is opposite - my CD 13 scan was too late so I need to get in earlier! I'm going to ask them to start on CD 11. and to up my femara to the originally suggesting 5mg so maybe I can get two follies!

we got this!! :happydance:

welcome mrsw - I'm sorry to hear about your long journey, surgery, and chemical, but it seems that you have a great shot now!

I don't know about ovulating twice - I don't think it's possible but I'm not sure what these fertility drugs can make us do. I think my opk stays positive for a few days. I normally don't test again after getting a positive but I did one month to be sure and it was still positive 2 days later. My guess is that you are prob 9 dpo but could have released the 2 eggs then. stick around here with us and good luck - fX!

Thanks heaps bee, you ladies are so supportive from everything I have read on here, Im so happy to have joined this thread.
Im so sorry to hear about your long journey ttc also, it definitely sucks and becomes exhausting, it makes sex feel more like a chore sometimes, especially around O time. I wish we could just all be pregnant already!!

aw I'm so glad mrs W :hugs:

are you from Australia? I studied abroad there and heard heaps of "heaps" - brings me back!! :haha:

Bding becomes worse than a chore! I was so exciting for starting IUIs just to not BD anymore! :haha: soon we will all be pregnant, right?!

I'm staying positive and saying we certainly will Bee. I think that IUI is our next step if OI doesn't work, but to be honest with you id rather just go straight to IVF rather than stuffing around even more, we just want to be parents already. I'm a very impatient person.

Yes I am from Australia, where abouts did you study? I have honestly never noticed that "heaps" is something we say a lot, probably because I say it all the time, in saying that though, I will notice it a lot more now when people say it!

I'm impatient too mrsw so I totally get it. although with that chemical, I would say that you have really good chances of conceiving on your own now!

yes "heaps" is something I hadn't heard people say anywhere but australia. I love it - it's so endearing and now that I miss it so much there, I love it even more <3. I studied at Bond University in Gold Coast, Queensland. I see your location on your avatar now lol are you in Melbourne? believe it or not I never made it down there during my trip :( but the aussies described it as very americanized there!

AFM not much happening here. Hanging in there. I try not spend too much time on the message boards. It's so heart breaking and scary to hear of all the loses on the pregnancy boards and while I do not think I'm immune to any tragedy I'm just trying my best to enjoy whatever amount of time I've got this little bean growing, if it's 2 months or 9. I guess staying away a bit keeps me from stressing too much and appreciating what I have while I have it.

Hello to the new ladies! I see we have a few who joined. Excellent bunch of women here and you will find nothing but kindness and support.

That's how I felt when I first found out I was pregnant. I joined a pregnancy group thread, but there was so much negativity that I had to leave. It took us over 2 yrs to conceive and the stress of possibly losing my baby really ate away at me. Luckily, everything seems ok. Of course you're going to worry, it's normal. Just stay off of google and any threads that may scare you.

That's Smille. It's nice to know someone else found the same. The ladies are all nice but the constant update of losses and sorrow are so scary. It's hard to genuinely console and remain happy and optimistic for yourself.

So glad to hear you and now..baby avocado!! are doing great! It always amazes me how babies grow from a tiny little single cell to a real human. I'm still shocked very time I realize I'm growing a new person in there :haha:

That's Smille. It's nice to know someone else found the same. The ladies are all nice but the constant update of losses and sorrow are so scary. It's hard to genuinely console and remain happy and optimistic for yourself.

So glad to hear you and now..baby avocado!! are doing great! It always amazes me how babies grow from a tiny little single cell to a real human. I'm still shocked very time I realize I'm growing a new person in there :haha:

It was so hard on me too to join a group and constantly hear of loses, especially when it happened to ladies I really got close to, it hurt me for them and for myself I was full of worry. These things do happen offline too so you really can't avoid it sadly. It's easier once you are in the second trimester though and it becomes fun to see what everyone else is having and their nurseries and names they picked, so it's not all negative stuff :)

I'm impatient too mrsw so I totally get it. although with that chemical, I would say that you have really good chances of conceiving on your own now!

yes "heaps" is something I hadn't heard people say anywhere but australia. I love it - it's so endearing and now that I miss it so much there, I love it even more <3. I studied at Bond University in Gold Coast, Queensland. I see your location on your avatar now lol are you in Melbourne? believe it or not I never made it down there during my trip :( but the aussies described it as very americanized there!

I am one hour west of Melbourne. Melbourne is such a great city, I have been to the states quite a few times and from the cities I've been to (which has only been on the west coast and hawaii) I would say its nothing like any of them. Melbourne has a very strong Café/Theatre/Sports culture and very multicultural, but it does have a lot of homeless people which is sad. I would say its more "Europeanized" than Americanized. Gold coast is very much the tourist town, its a fun place to go to and the weather is pretty much always sunny, which is nice!!

Evening ladies...

Would welcome anyone's input...

I am CD12 and took an OPK today. Now bearing in mind I normally ovulate on CD21, I was amazed when I saw a faint line on the test this afternoon. Normally my OPKs at this stage are absolutely stark white, with no hint of anything. Today's was a definite line, not a squinter or possible line. Nowhere near a positive though. But I wonder what is going on? Could it be the soy?? Could my body be gearing up to ovulate? Or am I still another 10 days away, in which case why is there is faint line? So many questions!! However, my cm is creamy and not fertile at all. God knows!

Bee & Squirrel - it's so cool you are going to be cycle and possibly bump buddies. I am sending you both lots of :dust: this cycle.

MrsW - welcome! I really think that since having the cyst removed and HSG, you're in a great position to conceive naturally. Let us know what your progesterone levels are like!

Campn, smilie & babyforIris - I know exactly how you girls are feeling :hugs: When I was pregnant with Anabella I was too afraid to even put up a ticker as I so scared I'd have a loss and didn't want to jinx it!

Texas - I hope you get some answers on Tuesday. I am glad you don't have to wait too long.

Sorry if I missed anyone, this thread moves so fast!

Oh and I really do hope this is our month, I have said it every other month before this one, but with the chemical last month after the surgery I feel so positive about this one, its like the d&c has given me a good cleanout and gotten everything stimulated again. I just feel like something is happening down there, lots of light cramping and mild nausea and bloating.

Pompey, there really isn't a good way to tell. I would think of it is abnormal for you then it might be the soy working. I myself have lines pretty much all month on opks. Hope you will O earlier than normal with a big healthy eating!

MrsW, welcome! So sorry about the CP, but it does sound like you will have a great chance now!

Squirrel and Bee, I would say you aren't out until :witch: shows but by now I'm sure we all know our bodies and false hope won't help. Glad you get to be cycle buddies tho!

Afm, spotted this morning and been having light cramping all day, especially when my stomach is close to empty. I'm only 10 dpo (with a normal 13 day lp) so it's early for AF. Hoping it's IB but not feeling too optimistic anymore..

Pompey - I don't know if it helps but I always had a very faint line on my OKP's from CD4 right up until CD14 when it started to darken and would peak on CD16. I know from other posters on other threads most women get a faint line all the time.

Maybe the soy is doing good things for you! I don't know much about soy though so I could be talking out my butt here. :blush:

Maybe if you have a wack of cheapie OPK's check every few days to see if it progresses? I know there are a few other ladies here who have way more experience with these kinds of things. Hopefully they chime in

Gina sorry about AF symptoms. I know you've had a strange cycle/chart this round.

Campn I am sincerely looking forward to that stage for sure!!

Pomp- Def sounds like you're ovulating! Soy makes many women ovulate sooner than they do. Yay baby dust! Hope it turns positive soon!

Gina- I'm sorry Gina, what's your next step? I know you were talking about HSG and your doctor but I may have missed your update. I hope your doctor is taking a serious action plan!

Mrsw- sorry about your chemical hun but glad you're feeling very positive, you are so fertile after a miscarriage so you could def be preggo this cycle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->