5 dpo-- let's help each other!

Sorry you're sick Cookie. My family tends to be sick from winter til spring. We just share everything. Hope you feel better soon!
Hope those blue veins are a good sign for you Carly. My veins def get much more pronounced when pregnant so here's hoping!
The only symptom I have is sore breasts but I'm almost positive that I have that every month. So still nothing to report here.
AF is due in 5/6 days and I REALLY am dying to get a test. I know it's so early but I swear I hear them calling to me 😉

Hi Ladies! I've been lurking this thread for awhile, decided I should join the conversation.

This is my 5th cycle TTC#1, and my first cycle using Clearblue advanced digital OPK.
My cycles usually last 26-27 days. Before this cycle DH and I were just "going with the flow" - letting nature run its course. DH is 15 years older then me (in his mid 40s) and DTD every other day was getting to be a bit much for him. He's actually the one who bought the CB OPK and asked we try it out. He's ready and excited to be a dad.

Seems as though I've been off on my ovulation dates. With such a short cycle, I thought I ovulated around CD12-14. This cycle I didn't receive a solid smiley face until the afternoon of CD15. DH and I DTD that night and the next night. I don't have a BBT thermometer or use Fertility Friend... I have a regular ol' thermometer and use Kindara.

This is how things have played out thus far...

CD1-7: The wretched AF

CD8: 36.02°C ...empty circle

CD9: 36.04°C ...empty circle

CD11-CD14: 36.01-36.04°C ...flashing smiley faces

CD15: 36.00°C ...flashing smiley face (6am)
On the drive home from work felt some twinges, tested with CB OPK at 7pm - SOLID smiley face.
Watery CM. DTD that evening.

CD 16 (O day?): 36.00°C - DTD with DH

CD17/1DPO: 36.04°C ... nothing exciting to report.

CD18/2DPO: 36.05°C ... light brown discharge/cm. Lower back pain discomfort.

CD19/3DPO: 36.06°C ....lingering brown discharge. Breasts are not sore. For the past 5 cycles, they've been sore 9 days before AF. Lower back pain discomfort.

CD20/4DPO: 36.05°C... TODAY! Just some acid reflux and continuation of the lower back discomfort.

AF is due next week. Not too sure if we'll have a BFP or another unsuccessful cycle....

I'd really like to be pregnant before Christmas. There is an upside to short cycles...we get to try again soon!

Cookie - Hope you don't get it bad, we deal with things better then men anyway, we have too, we don't have time to lay on the sofa :dohh:
I'm still not going to test, I have had a few cramps today, but we were busy so hardly noticed them.

Love - What's the earliest you've got a positive?

Hope - Welcome :flower:

That's lovely of your DH, it's nice when you hear men are as excited as us :)

Do you normally test early or wait to see if AF turns up?

Hope - Welcome :flower:

That's lovely of your DH, it's nice when you hear men are as excited as us :)

Do you normally test early or wait to see if AF turns up?

Thanks Carley!

Yes, I was so moved by DH. He's never had kids and is really excited to a dad. It was really sweet of him!

I've only tested 3 of my 5 cycles! The first time I tested was during our first cycle TTC. I was naive and thought I would get pregnant the first time around. Bought 3 HPTs! They were all negative. Around cycle #3 I started developing really dark blue veins in my breasts around 5dpo and my breasts were SO sore. I was convinced I was pregnant. Turns out, I wasn't. And I had an extra test lying around, so I tested last cycle when I thought I was a day late.

Not too sure what to expect this cycle. My hopes are not very high. I really don't understand the BBT, but I've heard women swear by it. I did notice a dip the day I received my positive OPK, which lasted for two days then jumped back up .04 degrees.

Welcome Hope. Good luck for this cycle.

I take my temp every day, it's the only way I know when I ovulated. Although this cycle due to being ill around ovulation I think I have some off temps so ovulation might have happened a couple of days before. Time will tell I guess.

Feel a lot more relaxed this cycle,probably because I've been busy with my son's birthday.

I also temp, same as Cookie though I haven't been well so I'm not really relying on my temps. It is a great method, really does pinpoint it.

Welcome Hope 😊 I'm jealous that the clear blue OPK worked for you. I got 9 days of flashing smileys. Good luck!!

Carly, with my first 2 babies I tested after AF was due as they were both oopsie babies. My 3rd I got a BFP 3 days before AF was due and my last baby I got my BFP 4 days before AF was due. I used those 6 days FRERs.
I plan to test Friday as AF is due on Mon/tues. I'm weak.

At least I have Thanksgiving tomorrow to keep me busy!

Welcome Hope 😊 I'm jealous that the clear blue OPK worked for you. I got 9 days of flashing smileys. Good luck!!

Did you try testing in the afternoon?

Some websites say that testing for LH surge with FMU isn't ideal. I swear, if I didn't test in the afternoon, I may have had flashing faces the entire week too! In the CB Advanced OPK instructions it says to use FMU but after receiving a flashing smiley, to test as you like. Might be worth a shot next cycle? That's what I plan on doing next cycle.

I tried a couple random afternoons but still got that darn flashing smiley!
If I don't get my BFP this month than I think I'll try another OPK because those tests made me crazy!!
I'm happy they worked for you and that you managed to time everything correctly. Planning on testing soon?
I still basically have zero symptoms but I'll test Friday because I can't stand the not knowing!!!

Hi Ladies! Well after yesterdays temp spike it went down again this morning but its still up compared to other temps. I told myself I'd stop taking my temp through the 2ww as I drive myself abit crazy with it, but I can't seem to help myself.

Both my bfps (had a misscarriage before my son) were after my af was due I think, although to be fair I never knew when it was due so Im not entirely sure, both were accidents. With my son I think I was 5 weeks when I tested, and I only really had symptoms once af was due and they were ridiculously sore boobs and af like cramps, they were happenening for about a week before I tested.

Symptom wise I dont have anything going on, apart from sore boobs and they aren't particularly sore. Other cycles I've had extremely sore boobs, so I do take so called symptoms with a pinch of salt.

I might buy tests tomorrow as I'm going shopping after my son finishes preschool to get him shoes and I need to go get makeup, I know what I'm like a test will likely slip into my basket.

I fell pregnant twice, despite having PCOS and both times we weren't trying, but here I am, on m 18th month of trying and not even a hint of a bfp. I mean how can that be???!!!! Why was it so easy for me once but so hard now? I dont get it!!! Just annoys me.

I totally agree Cookie. Seriously if you BD at the right time than how hard is it for that egg and sperm to do their job? They have one job in their short lives and they still screw it up!
I'm trying to just relax and think positive as this is our first real month Trying. But life seems to keep interfering with all of my plans.
My only suggestions are maybe to try metformin and clomid if you haven't tried those? I've heard a lot of success stories with that combo.
Since we have 4 already I'm content to accept whatever nature throws my way. But if I'm done than I'd like my body to send me an alert letting me know that the baby factory has shut down. That would save me time, money, and stress. 😉

Yeh I'm hoping that the fertility consultant will give me clomid, not a fan of metformin (took in my early 20s) it just made my tummy bad, and I have enough of that as I have IBS. But if it helps then I'll give it another try, willing to try anything really. I did mention metformin to my GP but she said the consultant could prescribe it, I think my doctor could have really, might help my weightloss. I really find it hard to lose weight, I have lost weight but have to cut right down on carbs which is not easy.

4 kids must keep you busy! I always wanted 2, but for quite a long time after having my son I didn't want another, I work 30 hours a week, my husband works long hours and financially it was never viable, but with my son starting school in September it will be do able. So if I could get pregnant now then that would be lovely.

Happy Thanksgiving Love4you, I just remembered you'd be celebrating. Hope you have a good day. I'm in the office today, although can't complain as its my first and last day here this week as was off on Tuesday which is the only other day I come in. The management provide us nice lunches from time to time, today they are providing Indian food, not good for my diet I'm sure but every other time the management have paid I've not been in the office so I'm planning to take full advantage. Hungry just thinking about it. :)

Thank you 😊
Planning on eating my weight in turkey and pie then enjoying a nice food coma for a few hours. 😊
4 kids def keep you busy every minute of the day. I can't even read a book these days as somebody always needs attention. And my grocery bill is worse than a small mortgage. My boys can EAT!
But I love the chaos. I decided after 10 years that I wanted my 4th so there's a huge age gap. That's why I want one last baby so she can have a playmate.
Enjoy that Indian food. I've never tried it.

I was worried about a big gap but I think in the end it doesn't matter, there are 8 years between me and my sister but it doesn't matter, infact people have asked many times who is the youngest lol. Either she looks old or I look young...I like to think that I look young lol. My friend is 1 of 6, her youngest sister is 27 and her oldest is at least 45 maybe older and funnily enough its the youngest and oldest that are the closest, and thats a massive gap! I would have ideally liked a 3 year age gap but the best I can hope for is 5 years I think, maybe slightly less if it happens soon.

Have a great day and enjoy your turkey and pie! Out of interest, do you also have turkey on Christmas day? Christmas is the only time we have turkey, I love it! My hubby said that his parents weren't planning of getting a turkey this year (we are spending christmas with them) so rather than order them to buy a turkey (which I can't do if Christmas is at their house) I hatched a plan, I offered to buy the turkey thinking they wouldn't say yes but if I made a point of saying that you can't have christmas without turkey etc etc they'd rethink, anyway it back fired because they said oh yes that would be nice! Damn it! lol Oh well, least we will have a turkey.

Happy thanksgiving Love :)

Well I started spotting today :( I think AF will follow tomorrow.

Oh I'm sorry, you never know though...not out until af properly arrives. Do you usually spot before af arrives?

xx

Thank you, yes normally do, but usually it's a few days before but tomorrow will be my 14 day LP.

Well fingers crossed it stays away Carly.

My temp went down again today, it's back down to the cover line. Usually my post O temps are higher than this, so not sure what's going on. Either 10 or 12 dpo.

Xx

AF is due for me on Tuesday. I caved and tested this morning and got a BFN. That test is stark white. Pretty sure that means I'm out as well since I used a FRER that's supposed to work 6 days before your period.
Here's hoping you ladies have better luck!! And that we're all finally healthy during December.

I'm out :(

Lots of baby dust for December xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"