7 positive HPTs, Negative at OB

tddunn

Reaction score
I have had 7 positive HPTs since yesterday. 2 of them digitals, so Im pretty sure I'm not misreading the "PREGNANT 1-2". I went in for a blood test today and it was negative, the doctor even said that it didnt even indicate ovulation, but what gets me is I had positive ovulation tests. Im losing my mind. The doc said just wait to see if I miss my period, and if I miss it wait a week to call her. WTF!!!!!! I am so frustrated right now. She did one of those cassett urine tests in front of me and it came up negative but I showed her a digital I took 30 minutes prior that said Pregnant. She was confused as well. Does anybody have any idea what is going on. I should be very very early in my pregnancy. :growlmad:

I'm sorry I don't understand that at all. The urine test at the drs could be explained by it being less sensitive, but the blood test should definitely come up positive if you've had a positive hpt. The cb digis aren't that sensitive either so I really don't get it. I'd take another with fmu and go from there. If that's positive I'd demand another blood test and I'd go to the drs with 4 hours of wee saved up and do a urine test there. Good Luck x x

Im pretty sure Im pregnant, Im very bloated, sensitive bbs, very very sensitive nipples, and I have randomly almost thrown up 3 times over the last 3 days. I just dont understand how I could get 7 positive tests and of different brands and not be pregnant. :wacko:

Did you test with first morning urine? If so the hormones levels are more concentrated. Later in the day he effect may be diluted if you'd had a drink or something so it might not have been high enough for the other test to pick up.

Did you test with first morning urine? If so the hormones levels are more concentrated. Later in the day he effect may be diluted if you'd had a drink or something so it might not have been high enough for the other test to pick up.

I thought this about the dr's urine test, but what about the blood test?

I agree with Maisy...the tests that doctors use tend to be less sensitive because they're less likely to pick up on chemical pregnancies...so that could be what's going on here.

ETA: forgot about the blood test. you should ask for levels. if the hcg was under 25 then they may consider that a negative. even though anything higher than 5 could indicate pregnancy

I agree with Maisy...the tests that doctors use tend to be less sensitive because they're less likely to pick up on chemical pregnancies...so that could be what's going on here.

ETA: forgot about the blood test. you should ask for levels. if the hcg was under 25 then they may consider that a negative. even though anything higher than 5 could indicate pregnancy

Aah I didn't know this! I would definitely say you're pregnant then op. Congratulations :happydance:

babyzoe, how are things with you? Has af shown her ugly face yet?

Ive been able to test ALL day long and get positives. Just took a Frer test and it came up pretty dark. Now I did take a blue dye test with mid day urine and the + was difficult to see so maybe that was a factor with her test, but that doesnt explain the blood test. Would the fact that im only 3 weeks and 3 days pregnant be a factor?

They said my hcg was nonexistant and it I didnt even appear to have ovulated. It sounds to me like they screwed up the blood test possibly. Im just very dissapointed right now.

oh definitely! that means you're approximate 3 days past implantation so hcg levels are really low at that point. wait a week and go back in and all the tests should point to pregnancy

hi maisy. yea, AF showed up.. two days ago unfortunately. it was a wonky one though so I'm going to do one final hpt in a day or two...but I'm 99.9% sure that it'll be negative. I think month 2 will be my lucky one.

i dont know your age but i do know that you can be menopausal or premenstrual and that can cause a positive pregnancy test. Or possibly may have a cyst that has now resolved itself as again this can cause a positive pregnancy test, I would ask for a full work up and ask for a scan see whats going on, one more thing maybe the egg isnt attaching to the wall which would be a chemical and the reason for the rise and fall of hcg

i hope u get some answers soon...

do you know what blood tests they did? cause if it was just beta hcg I don't know how they'd be able to tell whether you ovulated or not. hmmm. maybe the nurse is new. LOL

I just had an ultrasound on september 8th and no sign of any problems or cysts. I have no history of cysts, and I am 24. My Frers have been progressivly getting darker as well. I also had positive opks this month. The doctor was very confused by all of this...so was I!

do you know what blood tests they did? cause if it was just beta hcg I don't know how they'd be able to tell whether you ovulated or not. hmmm. maybe the nurse is new. LOL

alot of doctors do beta and progesterone, i know they do on me and what they do where I work.

I really think you should go back to the drs tomorrow. I would take a urine sample of fmu so they can test that

oh definitely! that means you're approximate 3 days past implantation so hcg levels are really low at that point. wait a week and go back in and all the tests should point to pregnancy

hi maisy. yea, AF showed up.. two days ago unfortunately. it was a wonky one though so I'm going to do one final hpt in a day or two...but I'm 99.9% sure that it'll be negative. I think month 2 will be my lucky one.

Good luck for month two :flower:

well...like I said..3 weeks and 3 days (or 10 dpo) is very early in a pregnancy. let me put it this way, many women don't get a positive hpt until 12-14 dpo. So I wouldn't worry about it. Your lines are getting darker so that's a good sign.

If you were 4 weeks 3 days...or 5 weeks 3 days than I'd say there's cause for concern...but at 10 dpo your hcg levels would be so low, it's no wonder the doctor might not see it.

as for the ovulation bit...ignore it...you obviously ovulated. :) H&H 9 months!

I just had an ultrasound on september 8th and no sign of any problems or cysts. I have no history of cysts, and I am 24. My Frers have been progressivly getting darker as well. I also had positive opks this month. The doctor was very confused by all of this...so was I!

an untrasound sept 8th cannot tell you how you are now oct 31....so much can have changed...so dont rule everything out so quick...

good luck

thank you babyzoe. that makes me feel much better. ive heard of this happening before, but just shocked it happened to me after positive digitals lol

Sounds a bit odd to me but more likely to be a mistake at drs rather than anything else. H and h 9 months to u xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->