7DPO and lots of CM (sorry if TMI!)

I forgot to mention something! Mark said to me this morning "I was doing some reading last night on nicotine and the effect it has on infertility and it really does decrease sperm count and motility"

Now Mark doesn't smoke cigarettes, he did do for a few years but gave up about 12 months ago. He still has an electric ciggie, the ones where you can buy different flavoured oils to put in and different strengths of nicotine.

He's on one of the higher doses of nicotine and has been for 12 months! Lovely, maybe this is contributing hugely to his low sperm count and motility.

So he said once he's ran out of his last bottle of oil then that's it but he's super grumpy about it. He said "Imagine if you had to stop eating chocolate for the rest of your life!" I feel bad on him because his body has that constant craving but needs must! If he wants this baby then he HAS to stop end of xx

Hello girls and happy Friday!!! :wohoo:

Babyhead, I'm so sorry AF has arrived :( could you not TTC whilst doing your course??? Just a thought :hug: to you xx

Mermaid, my OPks have just arrived, not that I ever got a proper positive, I just tend to go by my cramps and CM every month......

Frisky, please ignore other people when they are being negative..... Your friend may not require a Doppler, that is her choice, has she ever had a scare and had to rush through to A&E to get baba checked out?? It's not a nice experience, the Doppler puts your mind at rest, it's a genius invention and I only hope I can buy one soon :)

Want1more..... I can't believe you have four follies!!! Did they tell you that there is a very good chance of multiples??? Can you imagine QUADs???? Eeeeeeeek!!!! How would you feel about multiples?? I know you have had a very sad loss in the past with your twins :hugs:

I'm CD6, last clomid pill today and I've have some mild side effects, but all in all I feel good!!!! God, I hope this works!!!! :) :dust:

Tina.... My oh smokes!!! I HATE it.... He smokes outside and has really cut down since we started TTC but he just can't stop, he gets very grumpy when he try's to give up :(
The fertility doctor has told him that stopping smoking would improve his spermies but they also told him that there is nothing wrong with his spermies so of course he thinks he has nothing to worry about.. I guess if someone said to me I could never have a glass of wine again I would be rather upset!!!! :wine:
Let me know how he gets on...... Xx

Hello girls and happy Friday!!! :wohoo:

Babyhead, I'm so sorry AF has arrived :( could you not TTC whilst doing your course??? Just a thought :hug: to you xx

Mermaid, my OPks have just arrived, not that I ever got a proper positive, I just tend to go by my cramps and CM every month......

Frisky, please ignore other people when they are being negative..... Your friend may not require a Doppler, that is her choice, has she ever had a scare and had to rush through to A&E to get baba checked out?? It's not a nice experience, the Doppler puts your mind at rest, it's a genius invention and I only hope I can buy one soon :)

Want1more..... I can't believe you have four follies!!! Did they tell you that there is a very good chance of multiples??? Can you imagine QUADs???? Eeeeeeeek!!!! How would you feel about multiples?? I know you have had a very sad loss in the past with your twins :hugs:

I'm CD6, last clomid pill today and I've have some mild side effects, but all in all I feel good!!!! God, I hope this works!!!! :) :dust:

Betty
I could handle twins again, I have a natural set of twins, their 7.. and then of course yes, the one's i lost in 2011'.. All of them were under NO meds.... So another set, I would honestly feel like the twins I lost "came back".. sounds crazy but thats how i would feel.

now, quads, I wouldn't be able to work.. :nope: that would be a crazy though and I would be in total shock... :happydance: however, we are just hoping for a pregnancy and a healthy one. :)

Yesterday i had some af cramps... what felt like af.. however yesterday i was only 4dpt4dpiui... so i don't know what that was all about. It's still early for implantation too.. Boobs are SOOOOO TENDER, and let me tell you i've had the worse mood swings, i feel bad for dh and anyone near me.. :growlmad:

Other than that how are you feeling?

Frisky- really?!? don't worry about what others have to say. really, I am getting that doppler as soon as the clinic hears a heartbeat... It will def ease the mind.. others should prob just keep neg. comments to themselves.

Babyhead- maybe just take clomid and have lots of sex.. you never know when you are busy-- it will usually happen faster.. ;)

I forgot to mention something! Mark said to me this morning "I was doing some reading last night on nicotine and the effect it has on infertility and it really does decrease sperm count and motility"

Now Mark doesn't smoke cigarettes, he did do for a few years but gave up about 12 months ago. He still has an electric ciggie, the ones where you can buy different flavoured oils to put in and different strengths of nicotine.

He's on one of the higher doses of nicotine and has been for 12 months! Lovely, maybe this is contributing hugely to his low sperm count and motility.

So he said once he's ran out of his last bottle of oil then that's it but he's super grumpy about it. He said "Imagine if you had to stop eating chocolate for the rest of your life!" I feel bad on him because his body has that constant craving but needs must! If he wants this baby then he HAS to stop end of xx

Tina- My dh doesn't smoke, however, for good measures he would take fish oil, and CQ10 vitamins. I also had him taking a multi too... I don't know if it helped however when we did iui they said after wash 70mill and 95% motility.. My RE told me with out assistance, a man will only ejaculate about 1-2 mill naturally.. With assistance really increases those chances. Don't give up and getting dh on some vitamins can't hurt only help!!! :thumbup:

TINA.
I never really paid attention to my body during O before TTC, now I'm scratching my head, haha!
I know though that I get cramps here and there and I'm really hoping that's little eggy trying to get out.
I sometimes wish I could turn back time just so I could really prepare for this journey, had I realized it's a little more complicated than I thought, boo-hoo.

About the smoking thing, it is true that it really affect the spermies because our friend whose dh is a rabid smoker really had an awful time conceiving but when he cut down on his cigs plus started a recommended diet, they got a beautiful dd after 7months of TTC!

BETTY.
Really nice to hear that you're doing great with Clomid! How long do you have to take it, btw? I'm so excited for you on this one! Fx, my lovely!!

Hi, wantjust1more!
How are you, girly? :) Which CD are you on now?

I'm doing good, mild symptoms.. cramps yesterday, and boobs are feeling full.. but i'm not getting my hopes up yet.. I'm on cd 18 and supposed to test on cd 24 ( 10dpt10dpiui) So will see. I don't really have symptoms that i feel are MAJOR.. kwim.

How are you doing? what CD are you on?

Evening all ladies,

Sorry I've not been on for a while, I've been kept up to date with daily emails though.. I've had a mad few weeks, the day the OH was due to fly home he got rushed into hospital due to a infection in his face and it all swelled up.. He wasnt allowed to fly so didn't get home until Sunday.. He's all sorted now, just waiting for the would to heal so he can have the stitches removed as they had to cut a wound open that he had due to the infection.. Men lol! I've had my CD 21 blood results back, picked them up on Friday and I'm ovulating got a score of 36 had to have bloods taken on CD23 due to the bank holiday.. Prolactin levels were also normal and so was my fully blood count. My OH couldn't get checked due to being on antibiotics so we have till wait till June for that.. Not to far away though. I've also had a HORRBILE UTI (water infection) hahaha, one reason only for that to much BDing hahahaha!! We missed O this month due to the delayed flight so expecting AF on Monday ��

Betty... Amazing news for the clomid, fingers crossed it works first cycle and this will be the month.. Bet you were excited to take your first one.. How have the side effects been??

Tina how are you? Are we still on the same cycle or have we gone off?? When is your next fertility apt? Can't be long away now??

Frisky, ignore all negative comments, as long as you're reassured and happy that's all that matters... Not long till the sexing scan... Eek!

Welcome all the new ladies, hope you are all well?

Oh AB... CONGRATULATIONS!!! Hope you have an amazing 9 months, you must be scared and so excited... Fingers crossed this little one sticks... Xxxx

Frisky... You be watching the game tomorrow? My OH is going to the match so he'll be either crying tears of happiness or sorrow... Fingers crossed its happiness he missed the last time they won the title as he was away in afghan xxxxx

Anyone give a little light to my blood results? I'm not seeing my GP until 21st May.. As the 2nd GP I saw about my UTI so pretty useless lol..

It says..
Serum Progesterone - Ovulatory 36.0 nmol/L
Ref. range: Follicular phase <5 Luteal phase 5 -95 Luteal peak consistent with ovulation: 30 <

All I can gather is that I ovulated no idea what the follicular phase and that is about?? Anyone know?? xxx

How's everyone doing??

Charm, welcome back my lovely!! Sorry to hear about your hubbys bad luck, hope he's ok now? And missing Ovulation...that's a bummer, but there will be other times. How long is hubby back for? His tests are in June, so that's only next month. I can't help with your blood results I'm afraid, I've no idea what they mean!! Sorry Xx

Have you fitted back into the English way of life now ?? Yes, I'll be watching tomorrow....and feeling sick throughout!! Haha

Tina, I hope your having a lovely time at the wedding & your hotel room isn't too bad! Haha Xx

Babyhead, I'm sorry af arrived for you. Is this defiantly the end of your TTC journey for now?

Mermaids, how are you? Bet you wishing your cycle would hurry up!

Just1more, how are your symptoms coming along?

Betty, anything new with you my lovely??

Well Joe had a sleepover at his friends tonight, but his mum rang me at 11.30 as Joe felt sick, so I went to pick him up & he's now asleep next to me in my bed! Bless him x

Good evening ladies (or morning depending where y'all are)

I'm cramping so bad, feels like strong af cramps... I feel like my ovary is going to pop.. I'm so cranky/mood swings like crazy, crampy stronger today (evening), and not to mention tired, and bloated... I could sleep for days...

How's everyone else doing?

Morning everyone..... How is everyone today?
Wele back charm, we missed you chick!!! Not really sure about your results??? I know your progesterone looks good, I think Tina had her progesterone levels in the 90's, which is super good! I think anything over 30 means you have ovulated but don't quote me on that.... :)
My head hurts today, I had some wine last night and its the first time I have had a drink in 2 weeks so I feel like I've been hit with a sledgehammer!! I'm not going to have a drink now until AF Arrives (hopefully she wont arrive!!) How does everyone else feel about alcohol and TTC??? I do love a glass of vino but thought I would give up drinking while I'm trying clomid.... Does everyone else have a little tipple???
I have has a few side effects from the clomid but nothing major the best side effect is that I have has loads more energy, I've not been so tired which is great!!!
Right, I'm putting my wellies on and going out for a long walk to shake this naughty hangover!!!!
Have a good day everyone xxx

Ps: want1more.... When are you going to test?????? I'm so excited for you, hopefully you will get your bfp very soon xxx

Oooh betty, hope your walk fixes your hangover! In regards to drinking whilst TTC i had months where i was really good & months i was bad. In the months leading up to my bfp, i was bad, as it was xmas time and new year!! I even got really drunk on sailor jerry with az, to drown our sorrows as 2 lots of our friends told us they were pregnant! Unbeknown to me, i was actually pregnant then!!.....woops!

Im not sure about drinking on clomid, saying that, my friend did have the odd glass of wine & hendriks gin, and shes now 5 months pregnant. I think its ok in moderation!! Im really missing not being able to have a drink! Cant wait till my first night out! Haha xx

Lol betty, i drank throughout some if my ttc cycles... However, i stopped drinking and now I'm addicted to coffee.. I have 2 cups a day, and its hard to stop that..
I don't think its bad, but like frisky said, moderation. Sometimes might just have a bfp, because we are calmer when we drink (as in not thinking about anything)...

I'm testing Wednesday, i can't test sooner because the trigger shot.. So doc said Wednesday and depending what it says, they'll do a blood test.. I'm so nervous..
Symptoms are crazy! So I'm hoping my body is up to something

Hello lovelies! Charm lovely to see you back lady! I think we're more or less at the same at stage, I'm a few days behind you though. Our next appointment is a week on Tuesday, cannot wait! Expecting that I'm not pregnant this cycle, nothing out of the ordinary just feel the same as I normally do before AF arrives.

Betty when's ovulation? ?

Xx

Hi,
Charm I am excited but quite nervous. Hope your dh is ok.
I was quite drunk in this last 2ww and got my bfp 9 days later. That happened with dd1 too. Xx

Here is tonight's HPT-- there's something there but idk if it's the end of the trigger or something... of course i'm not supposed to test until wednesday, but couldn't hold it lol... I guess will see in the am if it's darker or lighter!:shrug::coffee:

Attachments

• may 11th.jpg
    may 11th.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe