A home for EVERYONE!

Well my sister is younger by 2 years but even though she has had a boyfriend for a while now, she isn't the kind to settle down quickly. My brother got divorced last year. He is dating again but we don't expect him to marry again for at least 3 more years.

Misty, I think it's just hormones. I remember having this issue when I was pregnant with Samuel. We'll see. I've been going to bed around 8 every night, but I could be passing out at 7. I struggle to stay away until 8, but then I'm down for the count. No way I can make it past then.

Nicole, that sucks. Well, at least you'll get some new clothes. That's always fun. :) I've always had a hard time finding cute maternity clothes. That's why I'm excited to be pregnant in the winter. I've got a whole collection of hoodies. I'm just going to hide behide them. LOL

Man oh man baby is hungry today!! I ate a yogurt when I first got to work, then later had oatmeal. My tummy is hungry again and this is just in 3 hours! yeesh...

What are you ladies having for your Thanksgiving side dishes? I need some ideas. So far I've got Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and rolls. I was thinking green bean casserole, but I'm not sure everyone likes that... LOL I keep having to tell myself, "It's not what you like Janelle, but everyone else" I'm not a big fan of pumpkin pie, but I know Dan's Aunt, Uncle, and Grandma love it. ...so I was thinking.. I found this recipe for a pumpkin pie bread, that looks really good. Maybe I could get them all to meet me in the middle?? I usually make an apple pie, but I want to please everyone!

SO GIVE ME ALL YOUR IDEAS!!

YOU'RE KILLING ME, JANELLE!!! I post that I'm hungry so you start talking Thanksgiving dinner?! lol I'm not a fan of stuffing OR green bean casserole but my kids and Jake LOVE green bean casserole. Sometimes my mom does sweet potatoes with marshmallows and brown sugar and pineapple. Mmm.. You need a veggie though. I always like corn when I have mashed potatoes. My ex mother in law used to make and gave me the recipe for corn pudding. I don't know why it's called "pudding" as it's nothing like pudding. It's baked. More like a quiche. As for pie, apple is my favorite but pumpkin is a close second!!

Cheesy hash browns are always a hit during our Thanksgiving dinners.

How is everyone?

I like green bean casserole. This year I don't know what will be there since I will most likely be in FL and not cooking. I have to have cranberry sauce ( whole berries, not the jellied kind) whenever I have turkey and mashed potatoes. I don't like sweet potatoes or scalloped corn ( is that what you meant Misty?). I like pumpkin pie on occasion but I love cherry pie. We usually only have cherry pie for Christmas though.

Cheesy hash browns are always a hit during our Thanksgiving dinners.

How is everyone?

Mmmm cheesy hashbrowns are a hit for me ANY day!! lol I'm much better today. How are you?

Misty, I'm finicky with stuffing. I don't like the kind you make in the bird. BLECH!! I like my stuffing crispy, not mushy. I found a really good recipe last year and it was a hit. So I think I will be making the same one.

I LOVE GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE!! I just got off the phone with Dan's aunt and she said she wanted to bring her recipe, but I nicely told her we already have everything to make it here. She is a terrible cook. I don't know what she does to mess up simple dishes, but she does it. She made sweet potatoes last year and they were anything but sweet. They tasted like chili! They were terrible! I'm still debating on whether to make sweet potatoes because we already have mashed potatoes.

Nicole, we make our cranberry sauce from scratch. I don't really know why we make it though, not a lot of people eat it. I don't like that canned crap either. I used to eat it all the time as a kid, but yuck, I don't like it anymore!

Grace, what are cheesy hashbrowns? I don't like cheese, but the others might enjoy it. Tell me more!!!

I like green bean casserole. This year I don't know what will be there since I will most likely be in FL and not cooking. I have to have cranberry sauce ( whole berries, not the jellied kind) whenever I have turkey and mashed potatoes. I don't like sweet potatoes or scalloped corn ( is that what you meant Misty?). I like pumpkin pie on occasion but I love cherry pie. We usually only have cherry pie for Christmas though.

Yep, must have cranberry sauce but I'm opposite of you, I HATE the whole berries kind! Ick! Must have jellied. Idk about the scalloped corn... that makes me think cheese in it?

Grace, never mind. I'm a blonde! My mom used to make cheesy au grautin potatoes, and I think it's the same. I like potatoes, but I hate cheese, so I never ate them. ;)

Misty, we cook our cranberries way down and then mash the life out of them. So when it's all done it's kinda like applesauce texture. If that makes sense.

Oh yeah, I forgot you didn't like cheese. You definitely won't like cheesy hash browns. Its basically a bag of frozen hash browns with cheese, onions, cream of chicken, butter, and salt & pepper. It's so healthy. I put cheese in my green beam casseriole, too. So what di you put in your casserole, Janelle.

I'm feeling great! I just discovered that if I use the rubber band trick and fold the waist down on my pants, I feel like normal. So this will do until I can try out a belly band.

Oh yeah and I love the jellied cranberry sauce. yummmmm. Now I'm hungry and nothing around here will satisfy my thanksgiving cravings.

We'd get along just fine with food, Grace! I'm with ya.. starving now! :shaking fist at Janelle:

LOL sorry Misty.

Grace, I just make it from scratch. butter, mushrooms, shallots, flour, cream, broth, salt and pepper. Green beans, those crunchy onion things. It's kinda like the can stuff, but way better because you make it from scratch. Taste more like home cookin'.

I really hope my nose doesn't let me down this year. I have a hard time cooking and not feeling queasy because of the smells. If Dan has to cook everything, it's either going to be burnt or raw. LOL

LOL... on the pies i like sweet potato, pecan, chocolate, & lemon meringue. I am such a southern girl.

I've never had a sweet potato pie, but I really am tempted to make a chocolate pie. That just sounds yummy.

Yep, must have cranberry sauce but I'm opposite of you, I HATE the whole berries kind! Ick! Must have jellied. Idk about the scalloped corn... that makes me think cheese in it?

We never put cheese in scalloped corn. It is made with creamed corn, eggs, and smashed saltines and then baked. I never liked it but helped make it once.

I have a quick question for anyone who wants to answer-
Owens buggy (pram,stroller,I dunno what you call them?lol) snapped,he's 2 and a half.Most people(family and friends) are saying dont get a new one hes too old,but he has to walk back and forwards to school twice a day with the kids as well as shopping etc and often asks for a carry,plus with the cold weather its nice to bundle him up with a blanket and much much quicker.Should I persevere with the walking or buy a cheap buggy to do me till spring?Ive seen one for just £40.Wwyd?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->