A home for EVERYONE!

All this talk of food is making me hungry!
Is thanksgiving bigger than christmas day?

I have a quick question for anyone who wants to answer-
Owens buggy (pram,stroller,I dunno what you call them?lol) snapped,he's 2 and a half.Most people(family and friends) are saying dont get a new one hes too old,but he has to walk back and forwards to school twice a day with the kids as well as shopping etc and often asks for a carry,plus with the cold weather its nice to bundle him up with a blanket and much much quicker.Should I persevere with the walking or buy a cheap buggy to do me till spring?Ive seen one for just £40.Wwyd?

I'd do the cheap one til spring.

Kerrie, I agree. I would do the cheap one until spring especially if it's easier for you.

For me, Thanksgiving and Christmas are a tie, I just look forward to cooking and baking hahaha. I would say for the stores... Christmas is bigger only because they put all their Christmas stuff out before it's even Halloween!!

For our family Christmas and Thanksgiving are the same. Technically we don't celebrate Christmas (no santa, no gifts, no decorations) but the family still gets together to eat so it's basically just like Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving sounds exciting.Maybe moreso cos of the yummy food!:haha:

Grace,do you mind me asking why you dont do santa etc?Is it just something you dont believe in?

Kerrie - That's a long answer. LOL. The short is we are Christians and the origins of Santa, gift-giving, holly, the christmas tree are against what we believe. So we can celebrate as long as those things aren't involved but when you take that out there's nothing left but the food. LOL.

I'm right there with you Grace. I remember being a kid and being excited that we were going to get presents, but I was mostly excited to see my Uncle because he always brought us these giant candy bars! I look forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas now because I get to cook everyone that I care about a giant meal and we all get to get together. I think that's really important for Samuel. Being vegetarian I could never give up Thanksgiving. So, I kinda (forced) passed that idea on to my in laws. I'm not eating a tofurkey and calling it Thanksgiving. As for Christmas I always grew up eating pasta. Although last year I remember eating turkey.. Hmm...

I'm going to get so fat this holiday season and my doctor is going to be so disappointed in me. I might as well just give him a heads up on Thursday that way, he can get over it. LOL

HAHA! Good point, Janelle!! I won't have weight loss anymore after these next 2 months are over!! I don't think I'll keep that up much longer anyway as I'll be getting into the real weight gaining part of pregnancy.

I LOVE the holidays... Christmas is my favorite. I just love the traditions, the excitement, the gift giving, family getting together.. all of it!! Next year will be even better as there will be a new baby in the family! :) My kids aren't kids anymore!

Misty, you're so lucky to get the holidays with kids at two different times. How exciting. Your baby will be so spoiled. Gifts from mom and dad, grandparents, aunts and uncles, and two big sisters. Baby's gonna have it good. :)

Misty, for Samuel's first christmas we put samuel in a johnny jump-up and all of his presents were in bags with tissue paper. He had a blast!! It's memories like that that are irreplaceable.

Agreed Janelle, that's what makes Christmas my favorite... the kids. We have this little tradition I learned from a friend called the pickle prize. We have an ornament that is a green pickle.. not a real pickle, it's an ornament lol. It must be a known tradition since you can find pickle ornaments in the stores! Anyway, on Christmas Eve after the kids go to bed I hide the pickle ornament in the tree. Whoever finds it first on Christmas morning gets a prize. I still do that to this day. My sister comes over with her 2 kids (who are 16 and 9 this year) and stays the night Christmas Eve so there are 4 kids frantically looking all over the tree for this pickle lol. It's so much fun. The rule is they have to make sure I'm awake before they go out to the living room! I usually just get a $20 gift card to a store.. like Walmart. Somewhere they can go shopping for themselves. So fun!

Sounds like lots of fun. Have they ever knocked the tree down?

Grace I'm thinking he will definitely be spoiled, Jake's family only has one child right now! He has 3 siblings and a couple of cousins and only 1 sibling has a child. Crazy, huh? That child is a girl so even more reason I need my baby to be a boy!

Misty, I like that tradition. I wish we had a fun one. :( I need to think of something spectacular!!! I always make pitzels or pizzelles how ever you pronounce it. I guess that would be fun to do when Samuel gets older. I used to always make them with my grandma when I was a kid.

Grace, your question made me laugh out loud. Made me think Misty has a bunch of routy hooligans at her house, looking for a pickle. LMAO

Misty, when are you going to find out the sex? Are you going before 20 weeks?

Sounds like lots of fun. Have they ever knocked the tree down?

haha! Nope, never knocked it down. That was another rule. Automatic forfeit of the prize if they got crazy and knocked down the tree! lol

The tree knocking down was always the cats' job!! Darn critters.. can't keep them out of it!! lol THEY'RE the rowdy hooligans!! lol

Janelle I have an anatomy scan on Dec 4th with the perinatologist. I'll be 18 weeks then. Hope to find out then! That's 4 weeks from today.. so far away :(

Did I ask you that already? That's how far a long I was when I found out for sure with Samuel. I had a sneak scan before that.

I have no idea if you asked me that before or not... 2 preggo brains together huh? lol I wish I could get a scan before! I won't though. My OB appt is a week from today and I think they're just doing the quad blood test at that one. No reason for them to do an ultrasound at 15 weeks I'm sure.

I know, which is why I'm pretty sure I wont get one at my 12 week appointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->