A home for EVERYONE!

I was gonna tell my other co-workers in a corny email poem if I was due in June.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Baby's are so cute
And mine is due is June.

Corny but I loved it. LOL

Grace, Dan's insurance is amazing. I LOVE IT. Best insurance I have ever had. They cover my entire pregnancy as well as my labor and hospital stay and I don't have to pay a dime!! It's an employee based insurance company where everyone puts so much money in a pot a month and you're good to go.

Libby, Are you pretty close with your boss? Get your daughter a "big sister" shirt and ask your boss her opinion on it. See if she catches on. It took HOURS for Dan's family to catch on. Finally we just told them. Or walk in there all serious and tell her you're going to need to take x amount of months off during "this time" when she asks why, tell her you're pregnant and you're putting in your request for your maternity leave. Sorry, that's all I got. :)

Kerrie, I love that house. Maybe when Dan retires and is a famous writer/scientist/mechanic we can move there. LOL Are thatch roofs common still? I've noticed no one else on the street has one. It says it was replaced with a new roof in 2011, I bet that was expensive.

Kerrie - that is a pretty cool house! Love the country cozy feeling. And what time is dinner? That sounds delicious!! I'm on my way! ;)

Nicole - I'm with ya on the German food! Mmmm

Grace - were you the one trying to use the doppler and couldn't find the heartbeat yet? Can't remember who it was.. Wondering if it was tried again! Also, do you have a set time frame you are planning on staying at home? Or forevermore? I wish I could afford to do that but alas.. I will just be taking a maternity leave then going back to work. Sigh... That is definitely strange the way your doctor's office is charging you that much everytime. Mine says they do a "global billing" and just send one bill after the baby is born then I make payments on it. My insurance is really goofy. I have a $3000 deductible, $1250 of which my company reimburses me for. After the $3000 deductible is met, everything is covered 100% so basically only $1750 will be paid out of pocket. Of COURSE the year starts over March 1 so the birth will be on a whole new deductible year. Dang it! lol

Libby - I felt the same way about bosses knowing first. Actually I didn't really want anybody to know yet but felt they needed to know as I was going to be having several doctor appts since I have to go to 2 different doctors. They needed to know I was going to be missing time. I just called my boss and her boss into an office, closed the door and just talked to them in private.

Busy busy busy day at work today!! Wish it were Friday!! One more day til appt Janelle! What time is it at again?

The total out of pocket is only like $700. I don't get why I have to pay that now when I'm not even close to delivery. $20 of the $140 is my copay. The rest is for delivery.

Misty, I don't think your insurance can bill you after a new year for a previous condition. If that makes sense.

My appointment is at 10:00 tomorrow.

Misty, I don't think your insurance can bill you after a new year for a previous condition. If that makes sense.

My appointment is at 10:00 tomorrow.

Hmm idk.. guess I'll find out!

Grace, a lot of doctors offices do that so that they get paid. I had to do that when I was applying for medicaid when I was pregnant with Samuel. I think it's because a lot of people just don't pay.

Misty, I only say that because when I was working and had to have my surgery, I had it scheduled for a certain date and my deductible was $500. Well, the company I worked for changed their insurance a week before my surgery and my deductible changed to $1500, but because I already had the surgery scheduled they couldn't charge me the new insurance stuff. Even my follow up appointments were under the old insurance policy because it was preexisting.

Misty - Yes, I was trying to find the hb. I found it but I couldn't find it again after that. I don't plan to go back to work for a few years and if we have more kids that could stretch out for several years.

Hisgrace, it's hard for me to find the HB at times as well. Best thing is to check when you have a full bladder. Are you able to feel your uterus when you lay on your stomach yet? I can feel mine and it's super annoying. When I was pregnant with Samuel, I could sleep on my "half side" for my entire pregnancy. I'm not sure I will be able to do it with this pregnancy.

I just got off the phone with a friend of mine and she was telling me that because she believes we're having a girl and she's NEVER been wrong on predicting the sex of babies, her sister is going to give us all of her girl stuff. Her sister had a girl in February this year. Apparently she has an infant swing that you can connect your ipod to? This girl is really nice. I've only met her a few times, but apparently she thinks the world of me and she wants to give it all to us because I'm such a "sweet girl". Pfft... I like when people say nice things about me, makes me want to turn around to my family and be like, "HA! I've got another who thinks I'm nice!" Anyway, she is really nice but she's one of those who has to buy the really expensive name brand things, I feel like I should give her something for all the things she is giving us. Maybe I can make her some cookies or something. We were given a lot of things when we were pregnant with Samuel, so I paid it forward and give it all away to someone in need, I plan on doing the same with these things. I'm excited to see all that she has. :) I WANT A GIRL!!!!

My pregnancy calendar for today says, "Kegel exercises can help curb urinary incontinence." Pfft.. Now they tell me.

Oh yeah and I cannot feel my uterus. That's part of what has me freaking out but I keep telling myself everyone is different.

Grace, don't let it freak you out. I think I am able to feel mine because two reasons. This isn't my first pregnancy and the nutso doctor told me I had an abnormally large uterus.

I can't feel it with my fingers yet. Just when I'm laying on my stomach. It mostly just feels like pressure like I swallowed a softball and it's just hangin' out. You'll know when you feel it.

Thanks for your kind words. :flower:

Oh yeah and I cannot feel my uterus. That's part of what has me freaking out but I keep telling myself everyone is different.

Some women have longer torsos or just more room in their abdomen so it takes a while to pop out. With my first one, nobody knew I was pregnant til I was 6 months cuz that's when it popped out. I was able to hide it til then.. and I was skinny then too! NOW, however, I'm NOT skinny and the big roll I have on my gut cushions when I lay on my stomach so I don't feel uterus either! lol

Ugh... I talked to the nurse for what seemed like forever and all she said was to talk to him in the morning and see if he will give me one. Seriously?!

Dang it!! I was on the edge of my chair waiting to hear!

LOL, you know what is going to be funny. Because my cell phone is broken wouldn't it just be my luck that he does one and I can't take a picture? I would be sooooo butthurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->