A home for EVERYONE!

Grace, where did you see it? LOL, I can't help but laugh because I was the same way during my first pregnancy. You're so cute. :hugs: don't get scared, it will all be a-okay!

I saw it on Netflix. That documentary made it seem like you can't bond with your baby if you get an epidural or c-section. Or having u/s can have a negative impact on the baby. Now I feel like I have to have a natural birth, but the drs will force an epidural or a c-section to get more money. And if they offer me an epidural during a contraction, I know I'm going to say yes. Then I'll feel like a failure. Then I started thinking about switching to a midwife and getting rid of my current OB (whom I happen to love). See how my mind goes. I haven't even made it to 13 weeks and I'm already freaking out about delivery. That's why I had to turn that documentary off. There are plenty of moms that had an epidural and they bonded with their baby just fine. So, I will just focus on making it to week 13 for now, and then I'll focus on the next week and the next week until it's delivery time.

Grace, I will be completely honest with you. When you go to the hospital in labor, the nurses will ask you if you want an epidural even if you don't need one at the moment. If you say no, they wont force it. Their biggest concern is to keep you comfortable. They will give you pain medication if you want, but you only have a certain window of when you can get an epidural. So, if you say you don't want one right away, then change your mind, it might be too late. Best advice I will give you, when you get close to your due date put together a birthing plan. When you're in labor, you are so scatter brained. It's easy to just hand then a piece of paper with what you want and not have to worry about it.

I was afraid to get an epidural when I was in labor because of all that you hear with the baby being drugged when you give birth. Samuel was so alert when I had him, he was the sweetest bundle of joy and I think I would have been a raging bitch with out that epidural. I know I would not be pregnant right now.

Don't let a movie or documentary scare you. Talk to your doctor or midwife and tell them your fears and concerns they will talk you down and let you know how it is. They might even suggest a class for you to take.

I remember reading that Katie Holmes couldn't talk during her birth with Suri because they believe if you "shhhhh" the baby could develop a speech problem or stutter. How the hell she had a completely silent labor is beyond me! I was screaming, crying, and cussing every word I could think of. Then when the epidural came, I was singing so off pitch trying to focus my mind else where. That epidural is a miracle! Especially if you have to be induced, like I was. I went in there cocky thinking I could take on the world, because I thought I had a high tolerance for pain. Pffffffffttt.... NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Thanks! :hugs: I know I don't have a high tolerance for pain and that's why that documentary had me freaking out. I like the idea of a birth plan.

Right now I'm focusing on making it to 13 weeks. :)

I had a different experience with the nurses and the epidural. They KEPT asking me over and over and over if I'm sure I don't want it. I said NOOOOOOOOO now leave me alone! I was so irritated. I was so afraid of having a needle in my spine I was like no way no how! I choose pain! Lmao

Lol jAnelle, other than a few "ooooh"s I was completely silent during labor and delivery. I was focusing on my breathing.

Ok I am with Janelle give me the pain killers lol with my first i was induced because late and it was bc he was transverse and they found this out after 18hr labor and not pain killer and only a 1 1/2 diolated!!!! so i had a cseciton with him and he was 8lb 10oz and 20 3/4in long.I measured big with him starting just after 20 weeks so i got extra u/s at 30weeks, 34 weeks, 36 weeks and 38 weeks. my next was a plan csection she was delivered 10 days earlier measure big with her to. got extra u/s at 32 weeks, 34 weeks, 36 weeks. she weighed 8lb 4oz and 21 1/2in. then with number 3 i was was measuring waayyyyy to big at 34 weeks and that was because not only was he a big baby but i also had a condition where i had too much amniotic fluid, almost 5lb at delievery and he weight in at 8lb 11oz and 21 1/2 in long. he was born 8 days before due date

uterus should reach belly button about 20 weeks but it will defiantly grow faster if you have had other kids.

oh and 7lb is is the average but i know plenty of babies born around the 5 1/2 to 6lb range and were considered normal. just not my big ol babies..

oh and..... you can sort of guess how much your baby will weigh at birth by taking the average of your weight and your baby daddy weight. see i was 9lb and my dh was 9lb 6oz at birth so i knew i was going to have big babies and if my last 2 had went to 40weeks they would have been well over 9lb my doctor said. i hope that helps!

ok afm...work work work work ........i work tonight and tomorrow night then fri off, double sat, afternoon sun. josh still hasnt heard from dishnetwork yet but if not today he will call his recruiter tomorrow and see if they got his results yet.

Krissy what do you mean the average? Like what we weighed at brith? LOL I weighted 3 lbs 4 oz. LOL I guess that explains my runt son compared to your babies.

I was 7 lbs and 5 ounces at birth but hubby was 9 lbs and 4 ounces at birth. The average of that would be 8 lbs and 3 ounces.

yeah pretty much janelle lol...at least that is what my dr told me and from what i have see from family members it has pretty much held true. but all babies are different it is just to give you an idea.

Lol some guys wouldn't know. Josh didn't know so I asked his mom. I will probably tear with each vaginal birth because Josh passed down his above average sized head to our kids which is why I tore with my daughter.

lol army funny story...when my oldest was born and i saw for head size was 14 1/2 and i was like inches? i go how the hell was i suppose to pass that? thank god for my csections all my kids have big head lol

I was afraid of tearing so I wrote in my birthing plan to do perineal massage before an episiotomy, which it worked. I highly suggest it. I didn't need to be cut or stitched. I had a small tear which was on the inside wall, but it didn't bother me.

The only reason, I knew how much I weighed was because I was born 12 weeks early and I grew up my entire life listening to my mom brag about it.

LOL Loren, you make me laugh. You'll do just fine. My aunt gave birth to a 10 lb baby. NATURAL! If she can do it, you can do it! :)

My youngest son was 10lb5,born 2 hours after my first contraction,with only gas and air:smug::haha:

I thought massages were done by your spouse in the third trimester in which case I am out of luck because josh will be gone.

Nicole, the nurse did mine the entire time once I was 10 cm dilated. Even when Samuel was crowning and almost all the way out, she was still doing it.

yeah i am so not one who cares about pushing a kid out. i know some women view it has a huge accomplishment and a right we have but honestly i have no desire to have natural labor. well i take it back i have been in labor several times, i was with my first and it had to be stoped a few times with my youngest then i was in full labor with my 11.5week mc which ended in d&c. i never even thought about a vbac because i was like i never want to feel contractions again give me the planned csection lol. i honestly never had much pain after the surgery either and after a week completely fine. so to each their own and more power to ya for those do the natural birth...i just think ur crazy lmao

LMAO, you can think I'm crazy all you want Krissy. Doesnt bother me in the least. I can deal with it. I did like my C-section though my main fear was that it was cause my son's heartrate to drop because my BP is low during pregnancy anyways. My main issue with having a C-section this time is that I'm going to be all alone and that is some tough crap to deal with while raising a toddler and a newborn, plus 2 animals.

Oh, and 2 other things on the C-section note: 1. Military doctors (which I wont be using one after Friday but thought I'd tell you) are very pro VBAC. and 2. Military insurance doesnt cover C-sections unless they are deemed necessary by your OB.

Ok I am with Janelle give me the pain killers lol with my first i was induced because late and it was bc he was transverse and they found this out after 18hr labor and not pain killer and only a 1 1/2 diolated!!!! so i had a cseciton with him and he was 8lb 10oz and 20 3/4in long.I measured big with him starting just after 20 weeks so i got extra u/s at 30weeks, 34 weeks, 36 weeks and 38 weeks. my next was a plan csection she was delivered 10 days earlier measure big with her to. got extra u/s at 32 weeks, 34 weeks, 36 weeks. she weighed 8lb 4oz and 21 1/2in. then with number 3 i was was measuring waayyyyy to big at 34 weeks and that was because not only was he a big baby but i also had a condition where i had too much amniotic fluid, almost 5lb at delievery and he weight in at 8lb 11oz and 21 1/2 in long. he was born 8 days before due date

uterus should reach belly button about 20 weeks but it will defiantly grow faster if you have had other kids.

oh and 7lb is is the average but i know plenty of babies born around the 5 1/2 to 6lb range and were considered normal. just not my big ol babies..

oh and..... you can sort of guess how much your baby will weigh at birth by taking the average of your weight and your baby daddy weight. see i was 9lb and my dh was 9lb 6oz at birth so i knew i was going to have big babies and if my last 2 had went to 40weeks they would have been well over 9lb my doctor said. i hope that helps!

ok afm...work work work work ........i work tonight and tomorrow night then fri off, double sat, afternoon sun. josh still hasnt heard from dishnetwork yet but if not today he will call his recruiter tomorrow and see if they got his results yet.

Those are some BIG babies for a little munchkin!! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->