A home for EVERYONE!

Lizzy that sucks about traffic i get such road rage lol.....

GL Misty on the glucose test...yeah i drink the orage stuff to not so bad!

Janelle-af is due wednesday a test may work today but holding out till tomorrow cuz i am broke till friday..an i mean sooo broke cuz this morning i wake up and insurance took out money they werent suppose to so my account is negative more than 200 dollars!!! GRRRR!!!

AFM- got joshy's parent teacher conference at noon then work at 245. feel like crap! the right side of my head has really bad sinus pressure my ear hurts! got an antibiodic to take. this am cervix still high and squishy we will see what the days holds. oh and can you mega bitch? boobs dont hurt so bad but still some burning i know that can come and go. crazy ass dreams last night...ok ever see the movie Child's play? you know chucky? yeah me and a edward collin robot kicked his ass in my dream.....LMAO!!!!! ok gotta start getting ready so i can wake sleep ass up...by ladies!!!

They did the glucose test right there, the afp blood will be sent off and will be about a week. The good news is my hemoglobin was good. The sugar... not... The limit was 129 and mine was 168. Now I have to do the 3 hour test at the hospital. She let me pick the day cuz it has to be in the morning so I picked this Saturday. Don't want to the day after Thanksgiving for sure! I have to be there at 8am and can't eat or drink anything after midnight. So I'm going to have to drink this sugar drink on an empty stomach and sit there for 3 hours without eating. There's no way I won't puke. I'm so sad...

Oh and the lab chick asked me my due date. I laughed and said good question, they're not really giving me a definite answer. I've heard May 12th which is not possible, May 7th by my lmp and May 4th by my 12 week scan. So she looked it up and said oh yeah they do have you all over the place don't they? Uh huh. She said at your 6 week scan they said May 12th. I said well I was 7 weeks at my first scan so that was their first mistake. So take a week off that would be May 5th. Then she said it does look like they're going by your lmp which would be May 6th. Oh now it's May 6th by lmp? Last I heard it was May 7th by lmp. Sigh... who the heck knows!!!

Oh no! MnJ, sorry to hear you failed the test! I had my midwife appointment today (Just DON'T get me started on that...my midwife is a complete and utter dooshbag!) and I got told that test doesn't happen over here until we're 28 weeks?! My glucose came back from 9 weeks fine though (But I had eaten)...

...Without going into too much detail (The reasons for which can be seen on a thread I started: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/1449067-16-week-midwife-appointment-uk.html ) , hubby thought I might need some cheering up and reassurance...so he got my gender scan rearranged for tomorrow at 4:30pm UK time!! I'll be sure to update you ladies on team pink/blue (Depending whether baby cooperates!)x

They told me I could eat before this test too so I made sure to eat some toast. I can't do sugary stuff on an empty stomach. They don't normally do the glucose test here til 24-28 weeks but I have a higher risk of gestational diabetes due to my weight and ALSO higher risk due to the PCOS so double strike against me. That's why they did it early.

Yay for earlier scan!! Can't wait to hear tomorrow!

Loren, your bump is so cute! Yay for the earlier scan. FXd the baby cooperates. I can't wait to find out what you're having. You get to start shopping. Oh the fun stuff!

Misty did you ever post pictures from your 12 week scan? I don't remember.

Ok, not sure how this will upload, in what order. I assume in the order I uploaded. So the first picture is the baby face up... alien, huh?! The 2nd pic is of the arms and hands.. the hands are together. The 3rd pic is of the legs all stretched out. The feet are at the bottom and the tech said they were crossed at the ankles. Hopefully baby alien doesn't sit with it's legs crossed every scan!!!

Yay, I found it. Yes, I went back through this thread and looked for it. LOL. Cute alien baby. Your next scan is in a couple of weeks, right?

haha what perseverence, Grace! Thanks for caring enough to search! :) Yep, 2 weeks from today is the anatomy scan. Sooooo far.. I can't wait!

Libby, Movie was good. It was kinda cheesy, but it was good. They left it open for another one... lol so THAT should be interesting. I like how they had all the same actors and actresses.

Misty, When I had to do my glucose test with Samuel I had to do it on an empty stomach. I wonder if that is why your sugar was high, because you ate? At least it wasn't off the charts high. Keep your head up!! Saturday will be fine, I'm sure of it!

Krissy, Be sure your antibiotic is safe to take during pregnancy, I know a lot of them aren't. The other thing is make sure you have a full dose of antibiotics, otherwise your sinus infection will just come back. Look into a neti pot!! I use one when I need it and I swear by it, it works!

Nicole, that sucks about the doctors in IL. What are you going to do? Maybe you could call some of the doctors near where you will be, tell them your situation and they might make an exception? I wanted to ask you, how is your daughters walking?

Aspe, get your butt on here and tell the ladies what's been going on with you, we all want to know!!

Grace, are you able to feel your uterus yet? I can really feel mine in the morning before I get up to pee. If I lay on my back I can see a lopsided bump on my left side. It's funny. How are you doing??

AFM, I went to sleep last night with out a bra and was in such pain every time I rolled over. My boobs are killing me!! I must be having sympathy pains for Krissy. :) I have a lot that I have to do today. So, I wont be on very much, but I will be checking in as much as I can. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their day!! Only a few more days until Turkey day!!

Doctor said and the chick up front at scheduling both said I could eat just make sure nothing sweet. The sheet said just nothing sweet, no juice, no gum, nothing like that. I thought it was strange but went with what they said. I just had toast with butter on it and water. Speaking of, can I not even drink water after midnight for this 3 hour test? I HAVE to take a drink of water in the middle of the night. I get cotton mouth so bad! I'll die!!

Janelle - My boobs were crazy sore this morning, too. We bith have sympathy pains for Krissy. :) I think I feel my uterus but I'm not really sure. I have no clue the best way to describe it. This morning when I woke up, I was on my back. It felt like I had a bulge in the front. When I rolled over on my stomach I could feel it. Like a soft ball of pressure under my belly button about level with my pubic bone. I got excited and wanted to kinda roll on it to see how big it felt but I got scared I would squish the baby. LOL. Hopefully I'll have a bump in the next few weeks. :)

Krissy - Ugh my ears started hurting just reading about that! Oh dear I hope the meds help PRONTO!!! And I'd say try to hold out till the wknd to test but I know that'll be impossible.

Misty, Hmm. I had to do a 3 hour test. I thought that's what you were doing. Same thing where had to hold off eating night before and that morning, which is why drinking that drink was so much worse. I had to have DH drive me because no way could I drive... I was so shaky afterwards.. and I passed the test! I was so sure I'd fail because it made me feel so bad! But yeah I wonder if the toast did something.. be carbs turn into sugar I think. I dunno though. Fx'd!

Loren - Yay for the gender scan!! Didn't realize they did them at 17 weeks... think its later over here maybe. I need to ask my dr because I forget! Frustrating at the care you got at your appt. GRRRR!

Janelle - Oh, same dad and daughter then? please don't tell me she was abducted AGAIN and there's a new plot! Or I'll start thinking he should just forget about it because his daughter needs to smarten up! :O

Yeah no water even. Its insane. Esp the next morning because by then it feels like its been an eternity!!!

Grace - Yeah trying to take advantage of stomach sleeping and back sleeping while I can! Last pregnancy, I stayed side sleeping bc I normally sleep that way anyway, but stomach sleeping helps nausea so have gotten used to doing that with this pregnancy in order to get comfortable for sleeping! I forget when you can't sleep on your stomach or back anymore...

Now that I think about it, Libby, the toast was probably a REALLY bad idea as I think bread is not a good thing for people with pcos anyway. Oops. All I was thinking was to have something in my stomach so that the drink didn't make me sick.

I find myself on my stomach every night and it freaks me out everytime!! Am I squishing the baby?? Am I cutting off circulation?? Especially after finding out at the 12 week scan that the placenta is against my belly. How do you make yourself stop doing something in your sleep though??

LMAO, Libby, the daughter doesn't get taken in this one.

Misty, not sure about water?? Did they give you a sheet of instructions?

Grace, that sounds like your uterus. :) Mine use to feel pretty tender to touch. So, excited for you!! It's going to get REAL for you now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->