A home for EVERYONE!

Yeah I guess once you're big enough, it'll force you to side sleep? I need to ask my dr if there comes a point where its dangerous. I know back sleeping inhibits blood flow after a certain point. Ha, I was sooooo mcuh more schooled on all this last pregnancy. I did everything by the book and had so many notes to refer to so I'd do everything 'right'. But then I was also super anxious and such most of the time! So its a trade-off..

No instruction sheet, Janelle! I thought they would as they gave me one for the test today but nope. All she said was don't eat or drink after midnight. Then she told me it will be 4 pokes. One right way to get fasting level then I drink the crap and they test after an hour then another hour then another hour. I read online if you fail 1 of those 4 they will just go over a diet plan with you. If you fail 2 then you're considered to have gestational diabetes. Not sure what happens then...

Yep, I could very possibly die with no water lol. I thought of the swishing thing too. Will be so hard not to swallow! I'm SO thirsty in the morning!

Yup just like my test. Yeah maybe swish like Janelle said! Or just one sip!

Misty, you'll be okay!

Libby, I slept on my stomach/side while I was pregnant with Samuel. It was like half and half. I can't just sleep on my side, it makes my hips hurt.

So, my MIL just called me and kind of irked me. She told me that she is going to bring stuffing for Thanksgiving. Well, first she asked me if I was going to put stuffing in our Turkey, and I told her no because I think stuffing in a turkey is disgusting. I made this stuffing last year that was a hit, so I planned on making the same one this year. It's super good. Anyway, her stuffing is super dry and you have to drench it in gravy. When she told me she was bringing it, it made me think of Grace and her MIL's biscuits. So, I told her that we had already bought everything needed for Thanksgiving so we're just going to have to have both. I just hope she doesn't tell Dan's aunt she is making stuffing and what not, because then his aunt is going to want to bring her "chili" sweet potatoes. ...I just don't want to get stuck with all these gross left overs. Ugh.. I just needed to rant. I'm now going to go clean my house.

Yeah I had major issues, well ok not major, but my hips hurt a TON while prego last time when trying to sleep on my side. I ended up having a thick layer of pillows under and around me by the end of the pregnancy!

Can you somehow 'pack' their leftovers to send home with them? Ha. Yeah I think stuffing in a turkey is weird. I'd still eat it, but I'd never put it in there if I was making it! Also, kinda wishing it wasn't just turkey or ham as options. Why not roast beef? Or veggie lasagna for those vegetarians? Ha. Just realized I only eat turkey once a year, so must not really be that good. I have to put gravy and mashed potatoes and stuff all over it... I prefer the sides! Eww but not cranberry sauce, unless in small moderation on a sandwich the next day! And I am so not a pie person... don't get me started on the crappy dessert options... haha can you tell I'm hungry???

Libby, LMAO!! We're vegetarian, but i refuse to eat a tofurkey. So, we eat turkey. We brine our turkey too, so it's never dry and suuuuuuuper juicy. My parents deep fry their turkey and I think it taste like crap!! I don't think they know what they're doing though. I don't like dry turkey. Blech!! I have a real problem. I'll admit it. I really enjoy baking and cooking, so when I go to eat others food and it's dry or funky, it really irritates me. I love my MIL to death, but she should stick to just shopping and traveling, because her cooking is terrible. :blush: I would never tell her that though. I feel like a bad person just telling you guys all of this, but ugh... If you can't cook well, let someone else do it.

1120120645.jpg

This is why it's so difficult for me to get any cleaning done. I walk into the kitchen to see a near naked child wearing Mr. Potato head's glasses, his Elmo backpack and "driving" an empty diaper box. When I asked him where he was going he told me he was going to get a turkey. LOL

Haha Janelle! Yeah DH's grandma makes most of the food... i.e. stuff from cans or from freezer or pre-made. But actually, the TURKEY may be the best part since I know the guy cooking it is skilled. And I'm not very high brow, so I don't mind premade mashed potatoes from a tupperware at Publix etc haha.

Haha love that pic!! They get even cuter as they grow up! I can't wait!

Grace, Thanks!

Libby, I asked my MIL how many potatoes I should make for mashed potatoes and she said 10 lbs!!!! WHO MAKES 10 LBS OF POTATOES?! I told Dan we should just get a box of those flake things and make those, no one will ever know... but he wants REAL mashed potatoes. I don't mind the canned frozen stuff so much, I just like cooking from scratch more. :) Trust me, I would take a box of stove top any day over the stuffing my MIL makes.

I've got all the laundry done and the house is vacuumed and picked up. I'm going to park my butt on the couch for a few minutes then get started on the turkey brine.

Janelle, I would know if it was fake or real mashed potatoes! My sister is looking forward to the mashed potatoes the most and is making me make 10 pounds of them! I prbly won't tho. Shhhhhh!

Tell me about brining a turkey and isn't it just for 24 hours? I've never done it and was thinking about trying it this year.

That picture cracked me up! He is so silly!

Grace lol at the dry biscuits comment.

Libby - I loooooove cranberry sauce but only if it's the jellied kind. And I'm not a huge pie fan either. It has to be apple, pumpkin or pecan and I don't dig the crust. Unless my cousin, Todd, makes them. Omg he makes the best crust ever!

Misty, brining is the way to go, I tell you! You can brine for 1-2 days. I've always done it for 2-ish days. I still haven't started the brine... I'm slacking. As long as I get it in the fridge by the end of the night I'll be good. So, I'll tell you what I do. You find a really big pot/container/ brining bag what ever you've got that will hold and cover a whole turkey and will fit in your fridge! I have three giant stock pots. I am going to use the biggest for the turkey and another for the load of mashed potatoes. You put your turkey WITH THE WRAPPER STILL ON, in your stock pot. Fill it up with water until the turkey is covered, you will have to push it down, because it will float, but once it's covered you take your turkey out and mark how much water is in the stock pot or whatever you use. Then you dump out the water... Well, I do. Then you get a large sauce pan. I put in 1 cup of water, 1 cup of salt, brown sugar, and honey. Bring that to a boil or simmer and stir until everything is dissolved. You gotta watch it though, because it will boil over and create a HUGE mess!! I learned this last year... You then set that aside and fill up your stock pot to just below your marked line with COLD WATER. Add the salt,sugar, honey mixture and stir, stir, stir! Put the brine back into your fridge and let it chill. You can speed this process up by adding ice. While waiting for the brine to chill, I unwrap the turkey and clean it out and wash it really well inside and out. I save the inside crap for stock for gravy. Anyway, you plunk your turkey in the brine and be sure to fill the cavity so the whole thing gets brined. Put that beast in the fridge and let it sit for 1-2 days. Then when it's time to cook, you take the turkey out of the brine, rinse it really well and do what you normally do when cooking a turkey. Easy as that. I cook our turkey in a bag. I put a couple carrots, yellow onion and celery in the bottom of the bag with flour. I rub the turkey with butter, sage, rosemary, and thyme. Secret to an evenly browned Turkey... PAPRIKA! You shake that all over the turkey and it will brown perfectly even. Like the kind you see in recipe books and TV commercials. I pop that sucker in the bag on top of all the vegetables and BOOM! simple as that. I like baking it in a bag because, A: it cooks faster. B: You can't really over cook it or dry it out, especially if you brine it. C: it adds to the moister.

I think I told you more than you asked for. :blush: I like to cook. You come to my house!! I'll cook you a feast!!!

...I'm also making Cranberry sauce from scratch, I'm not a big fan of it unless it's on the "next day left over sandwich" Even so, I'm not a huge fan of it, mostly it's for show and for other people.

I'm only an apple pie lover really.. Oh and Strawberry Rhubarb. Mmmm.. Dan's mom ordered a cheese cake from New York. She went to New York and had some cheese cake from a place called Juniors and I guess it was love. Because she always orders cheese cake from there. It's super rich!! Almost too rich. Has anyone had Junior's cheese cake?

Got the Turkey brine done! Got my entire house clean and vacuumed! Got all the laundry done and put away! Dinner is almost done! Kitchen is clean and disinfected! MY BACK IS KILLING ME!!!!

Haha! That picture is the CUTEST janelley! Definitely made me giggle!

Eek! Only 5 hours to go until the scan! I'm so excited and nervous!x

Krissy:any update on your TWW yet? I'm so anxious for news!xx

Hi Loren! it was BFN again this morning :cry: no sign of af either....still having mild cramping that goes down my legs/groin. a slight headache not bad. pretty tired. now my nipples are more sore than any part of my breast. cervix still high. so guess it is just wait and see at this point...i am still torn between if i am or not. oh and still supper bloated....i already look pregnant lol..

anywho....josh is off to go do paper work for his new job. oh and accourding to the letter we got sent he will actually be flying to st charles mo for one week for classroom, back here for one week for field training, then back to MO for oneweek classroom trainging again then back here for one week field training before on his own...lots of travel!

oh and i signed up for an extra 4 hours tonight so i will be work 245pm till 3am. talked to josh and we decided on a ham instead of a turkey since it is just us and the kids like ham better.cant wait i got friday and saturday off work as of right now...

ok if af shows her ugly face today i will let yall know!

Morning guys! Krissy, hoping AF stays away! And Janelle, yum!

Blah, DH said he can't go to the beach. Sick and too much work. So now I'm stuck at home for 4 days with Siena and no plans! Blah. And both my parents and his parents out of town. I wish he'd said 'hey I can't go, but you guys go ahead and go!'... but he didnt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->