A home for EVERYONE!

Misty, I had no idea either. It's so confusing. Dan had to take an online class so that we could get a discount when buying the house. We did all sorts of stupid extras to cut money off our down payment and closing costs. But the class that Dan took was telling us about making the extra payment. I guess Dan's parents do it as well. We have a really low interest rate so if we're able to get this sucker paid off in 20 years then we can help baby number 2 and Samuel with school.... That is if they go, OTHERWISE I'M GOING ON A FAT VACATION!! Just kidding. We have a college fund set up for Samuel that doubles within so many years (don't understand that either). LMAO I don't get any of it, but it sounds good and it feels as though we're on the right track.

I read because all of the extra blood volume and blood flow, it can cause nasal congestion and headaches. I don't know though.

Janelle - For a lot of banks you have to tell them you want the extra payment to go to principal ONLY if you want to pay if off early. Otherwise they will treat
it like a normal payment (principal + interest). When you pay extra tell them you want that extra amount to go to principal only so that the total amount of those extra payments are reducing your principal and thus the amount you're paying interest on. Hopefully your bank does this automatically but some don't.

As for the refund check you got, do you escrow your property taxes and home insurance? If so, that refund could be because they overestimated your taxes or insurance for the year. So after they paid it off (your tax bill and insurance premium) there was extra that you paid into your escrow that they are refunding you. I got them when property values went down and then another time when I switched my insurance from primary dwelling to landlord so my insurance ended up being cheaper than the bank estimated. Let me know if that doesn't make sense.

Grace, we escrow our property taxes and insurance. So that does make sense. As for the extra payment thing, I wouldn't know anything about it because Dan handles all of that. I will run it by him though. Better to be safe than sorry. Thanks! How are you feeling today? Better I hope. No more nausea?

Then thats probably what your refund was for. Yes, I'm feeling much better. We are having cake in a bit for one of my co-worker's b-day.

And I'm with Misty... where are Kerrie, Aspe, Nicola, and anyone else I missed?

Well I have arrived with a charged camera and pictures ready to be shown!

I counted and she took 12 pictures for me total. Most of them are basically duplicates so I uploaded pictures of the best 5.

Pic 1: Baby's bottom with leg extended.
Pic 2: Baby facing downwards while sucking thumb and leg and hand visible.
Pic 3: Baby facing downwards with belly visible and still sucking thumb.
Pic 4: Beautiful profile picture of the whole baby.
Pic 5: Alien baby!

Attachments

• IMG_5101.jpg
    IMG_5101.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5104.jpg
    IMG_5104.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5103.jpg
    IMG_5103.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5102.jpg
    IMG_5102.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5100.jpg
    IMG_5100.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 6
Great pictures Nicole!!! Did the tech tell you what she thought your baby might be??

I thought we saw a little penis at one point but then the baby moved and it looked like it might be a girl. So we have no clue!

Oh, and I did research and apparently, there are NO in-network OBs available in my area of IL that are currently accepting new patients but there are 3 within 15 minutes of my mom! Argh...

Awesome pics, Nicole! So relieved to see another alien baby! lol

Great pics! nicole!

i agree where is nicola, kanicky and aspe?

aww greeat pics! And I just texted my hubby to ask about that extra annual payment.

About to go sit down and watch a bit of tv. DH working late even with being sick... Siena just went down for the night, hopefully. It's a little rougher getting her to bed now that we've stopped the pacifier! But not horrible. She seems to still go to sleep. Just takes 20+ min when she used to cry for just a minute or two.

Hope I've got some shows recorded! Ate a bit with Siena... usually eat something else now but not hungry... gassy I think? Have had some sharp pains in abdomen area most of the day... been trying to toot!! Ha. Anyway, I'm sure whatever it is will feel better in the morning.

Ok here's some nerdy info from my hubby... "depends on the rate some, but they're prolly thinking about a half payment every two weeks, which adds up to 13 per year. It does take some yers off but not 10 (unless maybe if rate is really freakin high... then tell them to call me :)."

Anyway, just passin on what he said... aaaand he said if you send him loan amount, rate, balance, and regular payment (not including taxes and insurance) he can tell you how long before its paid off in about 30 seconds.

Haha prolly way more than you wanted, but there it is! HE's a mortgage geeeeeek.

Lizzy great your dh is willing to do that! we will be looking at houses in the spring. oh and my cousin is staying with her dad about 15 min away. i miss her soooo much we are a yr apart in age and were always close. our kids are close in age to. her 1st is 6 months older than my 1st her 2nd is 6 months older than my 2nd and then my 3rd is 17 months older than her 3rd. we had a great dinner out and out to a christmas parade on sunday night she leaves to go back on saturday and wont see her again probably for another 6 months or so...maybe july for a birth of ababy wink wink!!!

oh by the way ladies ya'll made my poor head spin with the money talk lol

ook who wants to symptom spot with crazzzzyyyy krisssyyyy????

Sore boobs/full....check
headache off and on....check
mild cramps for like 4 days .....check
cervix high and squishy...check
tired...check

so bfn today....test on wed unless af shows up before i can test. from what i read the fact my cervix did come down hard and low for a day or two after ovulation then went back up is a good sign...FX!!!!

oh and i looked at josh's training schedule and he actually flies out for one week of class comes home for a week to work with some one on the job here then flies out for a week of class then comes back to work for a week with someone here before on his own after four weeks....gonna be fun fun!!!!

ok after being tired all day doing a little better not so tired now? WTF!

how is everyone this fine monday? gotta work the next 3 days!

Krissy, your ticker says tomorrow is your testing day. So, is AF due tomorrow or Wednesday???? You got me all confused??!?!

Libby, I sent you a PM.

Getting ready to sit down and watch Taken 2. Dan's brother downloaded it.. I liked the first one, hoping the second is just as good..

At the doctor's office doing the glucose test. Just drank the orange stuff, it wasn't as bad as I feared. Now I sit for an hour... They're also supposed to take blood for the afp test today.

Krissy - So your cousin doesn't live close huh? It is super cool you're close friends! My best friend and also my stepsis both live far away... but my 'second' best friend live 4 hours away... but with kids, that now seems far too!

Janelle, how was the movie? I was thinking it would suck... how do you do a sequel to that??

Ah Misty good luck! I get low blood sugar easily especially when I have sugar on an empty stomach so that test is horrific for me! Dreading it!!

Day 1 of Single Mom Duty... told my boss I didn't know when I'd be in... looks like worst part of taking Siena to daycare will be the traffic that comes with going to work later! Will add about an hour to my commute with getting Siena to/from daycare and getting to/from work etc. Wheee... so I added a bit extra time so I won't be freaking about being late due to traffic versus being one of the cars that has to dart around cars and speed between traffic lights etc! Now coming into work hour and 15 min later... feels weird! Esp bc I saw Siena this morning... like its a half day! Except I have to work late lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->