A home for EVERYONE!

EEEKKK!!!! I keep forgetting to tell you ladies the GREAT NEWS!!!

Guess what I'm getting today???!!!!????!?!?!

I have this cooked sushi dish I love... so I'll get that while prego! good excuse to get the un-healthy fried sushi stuff versus the healthy kind, ha! And totally FOR going out to eat for Thanksgiving! Just not cost efficient with a lot of people I think? But if it were just DH and I and Siena, I'd do it. Actually, I'd order food to bring home probably since hard to eat out with Siena!

Libby!!! Did you not post a bump pic on here and you were itty bitty skinny mini?!?! Feeling you're fat to you is probably the weight of one of my legs lmao!! I'm the big girl in the forum so different experiences here. I'm excited because I can see now that my rolls are starting to meld into one which means if I were skinny I'd have quite the bump! That's probably disgusting to you guys but it is what it is. I was a skinny mini when I was pregnant before so this is all different to me now.

Grace, when is your anatomy scan scheduled for? I'm so excited we're getting into the anatomy scan stages! I wish we would have thought to make Loren do the old wives tales tricks to see how many were right. Darn it!!

Janelle, thanks for the instructions on the brining! I realize I should have done it last night cuz doing it tonight will only give it about 12 hours. Is there a point then? I also wondered how much brown sugar and honey?

Krissy, it's not over til that red devil shows her stupid face!!! She better NOT either!!

Oh yay Janelle!!!! How'd you manage that??

omg i can tell winter is here. back is soooooo itchy!!! I have got to be breaking skin with all my scratchin lol.

YAY for new cooktop, Janelle!!!! How did that come about all of a sudden?

Aww Thanks Misty! Yeah I can't say I'm fat... because I realize I'm pretty lucky to be able to keep the weight down... but I don't indulge much and I calorie count, co workers make fun of me for never joining in potluck holiday events and for eating healthy crap all the time... but I still have body issues anyway. Skinny arms and upper body helps make me look thin, but stomach usually sticks out past my boobs and butt/legs jiggle like anyone elses. We all have our hang ups I guess! I'm really hoping I can learn to love my body again... I was good with it when I was running and working out and biking pre-Siena... but I don't have that time or motivation anymore and HATE working out really! But I want Siena to love herself... so I gotta learn to emulate that in order to ensure she thinks that way! I got my constant dieting and self-criticism from my mom for sure!!!

Skills, ladies! I've got skills!! Just kidding! I was talking to Dan's mom and was telling her about the deal that Lowe's was having for Black Friday. She said that she would buy it for us and then we could pay her back with our tax return. If we wait until our tax return we will have to spend $300 more for the same freakin' cooktop. So, I was telling Dan and he said that he could get the same deal with his Lowe's credit card and he wont have to pay any interest on it for a year because it's over $250 or something like that. So, I ask (told) him if we could go today to get a new one and he agreed. It's not the one I dream of, but I don't care! It's new and it doesn't have duct tape holding it together!

I'm excited!!

Misty, you do a cup of everything. 1 cup Brown Sugar, 1 cup Honey, 1 cup salt, 1 cup water. You can still brine it tonight. Rule of thumb is, a little brining is better than no brining. :) I do Sugar and Honey because it counter acts the saltiness. You can do what ever you want though. I've always been tempted to do Maple syrup.

Libby we love you JUST the way you are!!! lol :)

Janelle I'm gonna do the brining tonight!! If for no other reason that that darn turkey is still frozen solid after 2 days in the fridge.. not thawed AT ALL.. so sitting in the water will help that also.

The brining talk is making me hungry haha! Almost lunch time! But wanting to go doppler hunting at lunch... any ideas on where to find one?? We have all the normal stores here for the most part.

Libby, my mom use to weight over 300 lbs and had her stomach stapled. She lost a lot, but gained a lot of it back. I used to weigh 125 lbs then I got pneumonia and had to take steriods for a long time and I gained a crap ton of weight topped out at 200 lbs. I got down to 145 lbs and got pregnant with Samuel. I was 197 lbs when I went into labor with him and got down to 150's and stopped breast feeding and went up to 175. Then I began exercising and eating healthy and got down to 145, but when I miscarried I stopped and gained some weight back. Through out all of this, I constantly had my Mom telling me I was fat. Even when I was losing weight, she would tell me I was still fat. That really hurt my self esteem. I would cry all the time. It was when Dan told me I was beautiful no matter what and pointed out how skinny I was at 125 and how unhealthy I looked that I put up my white flag and accepted my curves. I feel SO fluffy right now because of this pregnancy, but Dan is a real trooper and tells me that I look great and he loves my preggo curves. I'm going to really try to watch what I eat and the weight that I gain during this pregnancy, but if I gain 70 lbs, I'm going to embrace it and enjoy my pregnancy. I don't want to stress over it and I'm glad I wont have my mom telling me how fat I am every minute.

I just wish some of this weight would find it's way to my butt!!! I have a no butt. I've got a back and a crack and that's it!

Misty, mine was frozen in the middle, but I got all the large chunks of ice out and the inside crap... As long as you can get the stuff out, you're good.

Libby, I ordered mine online.. from ebay. I'm not sure if stores sell them?

Yeah moms have a real impact sometimes. Mine was definitely commenting on how big I was getting while prego. And how I was big afterward. Praises me when thin. Agrees with me when I say I need to lose. Etc. Not exactly mean about it, but definitely knows when I weigh more or less. I had to try and tune her out some post-partum because I talked down to myself enough as it was. Yeah I took longer than normal to lose it. Yeah I didnt devote time to walking and working out. She was trying to lose also, so I think she felt like it was ok to talk openly. We're more like buddies I guess. But only person I know that will agree when I say I need to lose. Hmm its helpful to have SOMEONE like that, but probably not ideal that its my mom.

Ah yup I have butt to share, ha. But not a defined one. Always telling myself to start doing lunges to work on that but never do! But not an area I'm concerned with anymore... all focus on stomach!! I should post a pic of me from last pregnancy... I got such a big stomach that I look back on it and its crazy looking! Alien body!

They say every pregnancy is different. So, I'm sure you're body is different as well and wont look the same during each pregnancy.

That would be fun! Those with previous pregnancies should post a pic if they have them from then. I have NO clue where I'd have some, however.

I'm sure you are all beautiful. I got lucky marrying a caribbean man. They like thick women. LOL. But seriously I am freaked out about gaining a pound a week for the next 26 weeks. And that's a best case senario. I know I'll gain 5 this weekend alone.

Agreed, Grace. The 5 pounds I lost so far this pregnancy will be found this weekend I'm sure!!! lol

Looks like I was a bit big last time at 12 weeks.. which makes sense bc I ate a lot more salty stuff so I'd be more bloated... and I was eating crap so gained 5 pounds. Ha I totally had fun at first and then got better later. Which is good because they say a ton of fatty crap means a lower birth weight?? I would have thought the opposite.

Here's me at 12 and 17 weeks. So I'll pop sometime during that time.

Attachments

• 12 weeks.jpg
    12 weeks.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 17 weeks.jpg
    17 weeks.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads