A home for EVERYONE!

Labor while driving ugh! Will you be driving long distances near the due date?

Long hair is a pain.. so I get wanting to cut it! And mine is so thin it doesn't look great long... but thick hair is even harder when its long!

HI LADIES!!!

I've been lurking for the past few hours while I clean up my house, but I'm able to sit down and write bit.

Misty, don't you worry!! Sounds to me like you've got a good doctor. My friend told me that most of the changes were pretty simple. She had to eat a fancy bread instead of white bread. No fruit, potatoes, pastas, or rice. You'll be fine!! I think the tough part is going to be getting that love bug of yours to eat a different kind of dinner. I've got a good feeling that this will be an easy transition for you. Think positive!!

Nicole, You've got to have a bump picture by now!!

Loren, I switched sides with my husband because I've been having a hard time sleeping at night. I was able to sleep on my stomach the entire time I was pregnant with my son, not this time around. I'm constantly waking up super uncomfortable, almost in pain.

Grace, I've read that the second trimester can start anywhere from 12 weeks to 14 weeks and I think it boils down to whether or not people count the first two weeks of pregnancy. You know, "first day of your last period" I've heard it can be different with doctors as well. I can't believe that we're almost 15 weeks!!! 5 more and we'll be half way there!

Libby, sounds to be like you're having an easy pregnancy. What are you hoping for gender wise? I don't think I've asked you that.

Angel, I hope you're doing well.

Hello to all the other ladies!! Has anyone heard from Amber, Nicola, or Aspe??

AFM, I'm doing well. Minus the fact that it feels like I got kicked in my good girl area, and my back is killing me, I'm doing well. Our Thanksgiving was a success. We were able to get a few gifts for Samuel this weekend with out breaking the bank. AND I got all my Christmas stuff up. We don't go all out with Christmas stuff, just a tree and stockings. I was super excited to buy a house so that we could put Christmas lights up, but last year we were too poor and this year, we just don't want to. LOL maybe next year. Dan and I went on a date on Saturday. We came home and built a fire in our fireplace,
1124192733.jpg
got down the Christmas stuff from the attic, made some hot chocolate, and listened to Christmas music. We were going to put our tree together, because we have a fake one, only to realize that we threw away our tree stand. :blush: so.... we played pogs. Do any of you ladies remember playing pogs when you were younger? LMAO That's how we roll on nights that we don't have Samuel. We were trying to kill time for the fire to go out so that we could go to walmart and buy a new stand. Needless to say, we didn't make it to walmart until midnight and that place is CRAZY at midnight!! There is crap everywhere! I don't know if it was from black friday, or they were restocking, but it was like a maze. So, when we got home Dan was tired, so we went to bed. I got all the Christmas stuff together and up by the next morning.
1125115741.jpg
I wish our fireplace was done. Oh well, it better than nothing right? Now, I've got to get working on Christmas ornaments. :wacko:

Janelle, oh wow you stomach slept all last pregnancy?? You must have had a tiny bump! I think I switched to my side really fast because I was trying to do everything over the top haha. Now, I am stomach sleeping since I know I can't soon! Helps with the nausea I get when I go to bed so I can get relaxed, then I switch to my side to fall asleep.

Oh and I go back and forth on gender, so I tell people I'd like either. At the moment? I'm wanting another girl. Because I see myself taking care of both of them by myself and I'm thinking it'll be easier to get girls to agree on activities... my brother and I liked different movies, games, toys, etc. But, a boy would be cool... I hear they are a lot easier and it'd be a new experience!!

Haha Janelle can't believe you went to walmart at midnight! That would be unheard of in my household... we go to bed before 10 even on the wknds now! But, then we're up at 530.

Love the train around the tree!! Siena would adore that!! Need to figure out a good train set! Thomas the train is so overpriced!!!

Time to go home, yay!

oh and was buying my 'fruit baby of the week'... but couldn't find plums and now can't find peaches! they need to invent a fruit chart for winter pregnancies please!!!

LOL Libby, we have some Thomas the train pieces but they are all pieces that were given to Samuel by his grandparents and great grandparents. He LOVES trains. So, we're telling everyone to go to walmart and get the off brand this year for Christmas because it matches with his Thomas train set and it's a lot cheaper. You can get a whole starter set for her for $20. It nice too! I had a huge bump when I was pregnant with Samuel, but it just wasn't uncomfortable for me.

Nicole, my hair is down to my butt!! It's curly and I straighten it. It gets in the way all the time!! I want to cut it, but I'm too chicken, plus Dan likes it long. :)

oh and was buying my 'fruit baby of the week'... but couldn't find plums and now can't find peaches! they need to invent a fruit chart for winter pregnancies please!!!

Agreed! I had to stop at plum too. I only have a lemon now because dh bought too many for thanksgiving. My baby center app said week 13 was the size of a medium (or maybe large) shrimp. Not as cute as a peach though.

Grace, the only gender test I did was at the very beginning where u put your urine in a cup of baking soda to see if it fizzed or not. It did fizz which means boy but I remember Sweetz had no fizz at all and she is having a boy sooooo don't know about that one lol. I don't really know anyone other ones.

Janelle, I love the train around the tree too! I love pictures of your house. So homey and comforting. Does that sound weird? lol

Libby, we don't have sick days at all. I'm salary so if I call in sick I still get paid. Same for dr appts, I just go and still get paid. As for maternity leave, salary people have a 4 week medical leave we can take at full pay. After that I have to use any vacation days I have then disability would kick in. Not really sure how much time I'll be taking off. I've never taken maternity leave before!

Misty, no way! That's what I'm going for! Samuel loves that train, it's a pain in the ass to get it on the track though, I have to keep reminding Samuel that it's a look at train, not a play with train. He doesn't understand. I'm constantly catching him rolling the cars around the kitchen floor. Oh well. He has fun.

I forgot about the pee in baking soda test! I remember Sweetz having lots of fizz though?

EVERYONE GO PEE IN A CUP AND POUR IT INTO A CUP WITH BAKING SODA!!

Were u the one that had no fizz? U might be right, now I remember somebody saying good thing she had put it in the sink cuz it fizzed over the cup. Hmmmm

I'm subscribed to another thread for May Babies. There's a ton of girls on that one so hard to follow but interesting to read everybody's experiences and see ultrasound pics. Anyway my point is some of them have found out what they're having so I posted asking if any of them had looked at the chinese gender prediction calendar. I'm gonna see how many were accurate.

Misty, I did the pee test and there was no fizz, but then another time it fizzed, then didn't. :( So I have no idea. I always use the chinese calendar on Parents.com. It's never failed me yet. :) Keep me posted.

Samuel feel asleep on the floor in his play room, now he has this weird rash all over his body like red splotches with little white dots. Does anyone know what this could be? He says it doesn't hurt or itch... so I'm lost. I'm freaking out though and making dan vacuum the whole house RIGHT NOW!!

Misty, just wanted you to know, I just peed and mixed it with baking soda and no fizz! Not one single bubble! **FINGERS CROSSED**

Labor while driving ugh! Will you be driving long distances near the due date?

Long hair is a pain.. so I get wanting to cut it! And mine is so thin it doesn't look great long... but thick hair is even harder when its long!

I guess that depends on if I get the midwife/OB I want and if my daughter gets sick.

My hair is very thick, I want it thinned out a little.

Sorry Janelle, no bump here yet. Starting to think I wont start to show until week 16.

AFP test came back negative for sure! Yay!

Well I'm a bit shaken. Had a very weird dream that was very vivid except for it was in the 1800s. In the dream I discovered that a drunk man had beaten my daughter nearly to death with his cane and there was no doctor nearby. Then only 10 minutes ago I had to do the Heimlick on my daughter, followed by sticking my finger down her throat to make her throw up the piece of popcorn that was stuck in her throat.

I called and told DH about it and he told me straight forward that if she died he probably wouldnt live.

Grace - A shrimp, huh? Yeah not as cute. And ick I am feelin queasy so sounds so gross right now lol!

Misty - Your sick days sound so crazy to me! Like a family business! Because that's how it is at my husband's job and its just him and his dad, so its not like he'd ever fake being sick like people would in my MUCH larger company!

Janelle - 20 bucks for a train set? Yeah that sounds good to me! Haha and yeah I wondered about that train under the tree... because Siena would love it, but totally would not work unless out of her reach! Janelle, did you figure out what caused the rash??

Nicole - oh man wish I had that problem! My hair is SOOOOO THIN!!! It's ridiculously thin! Oh geez your daughter was choking?!?! Making a mental note not to let Siena have popcorn for a VERY long time!!!

Libby, the train under our tree I picked up last year off of craigslist. It's not new, its like one Dan would have played with as a kid. It's a Lionel I think. I need to oil the wheels. It's really loud too, but Samuel enjoys it. I know you can buy electric train sets at toys r us, but they aren't cheap. I think I paid $40 for the one we have. It came with a bunch of extras but I don't put them out because Samuel would just throw them all over the house.

As for the rash, I don't know what it was... but it's gone, so I'm not going to worry about it.

Misty- when you have to change your diet you need to think in a way of all the things you can eat and not what you can't. My daughter had a long list of allergens and common in many foods. It was so fruestrating starting to think we can't have this or that in the house. When we changed to all the things we could still have or things we could change to make it safe it made life a lot easier. Yay, for all the other tests coming back negative. You can do this!

Libby- i'm so jealous of you barely feeling pregnant! Enjoy it! Hope your husbands shingles outbreak goes away soon. I believe if you've had the chicken pox is when you can get shingles.

Krissy- sorry about af. On to the next mo, right?! You seem to be working all the time.

Janelle- I love the pics of your house too! Hopefully your pain goes away.

Nicole- scary dreams. :( just keep telling yourself, it's only a dream. Why not stay with your parents for a while since your husband will be deployed? I know not ideal, but you wouldn't be by yourself. How was Florida?

Aspe, where are you? I saw you pop in one day I was lurking too.

Afm- I was feeling really good for a wk and a half bc of my injections. I couldn't drop my nausea meds to less but it made me feel normal for the extra they don't take care of.....got through thanksgiving. I asked my grandma to take care of the raw turkey- big mistake. Meant that in her dealing with the turkey I had the raw juice covering the pot, oven, counters, sink and floor to clean up. Yuck. I love my grandma, but after a wk of her here I think she is really losing it and it worries me she lives alone. Rest of thanksgiving was good. Then I got to friday late morning, should have been an injection day but since they were closed....and the getting sick started again. I didn't have a monday appt either since they were full, but I stopped in and they squeezed me in. ahh, soooo much better.

I think that's it. Last wk was pretty uneventful with my grandma here. Dr appts 4 days this wk. I think when m gets up from her 'rest'- well mommy nap time! I am so exhausted. Anyway, get the tree out. I hate having a fake tree. I bought it last yr after the cat had destroyed my wonderful real tree the year before in a week. Then what happens, a few days after christmas she goes in to be fixed (yes we procrastinated and would have forever if I knew now) and didn't recover and died. She was such an awesome cat and put up with everything, dancing, being a baby, etc. vet said they figured she prob had feline hiv. Would have never done surgery if they knew. Guess that is probably why such a nice cat got dumped at our house, not just some stray or one that had never been loved on.

What pets does everyone have? We have 5 hay burners, otherwise known as horses, 3 barn cats, a very protective over M dog, a sugar glider and a slamander with some snails in a terrarium. I think we have a zoo!

Janelle, was the rash just where carpet was maybe on his skin? If it's a lionel train may want to ck the pieces. Some of them are extreme high dollar. Could have gotten a bargain for some extremely expensive pieces. One of the guys that is basically family with my husband, built a huge auction business with them and has made a ton of money dealing in 'toy trains'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->