A home for EVERYONE!

Don't imagine you can buy them just anywhere, huh

Guess what girls! I'm gonna win the lottery tonight! Woot woot! I think I could live off of $550 mil for a while... lol I'm coming visiting if I win! Lmao

Guess what girls! I'm gonna win the lottery tonight! Woot woot! I think I could live off of $550 mil for a while... lol I'm coming visiting if I win! Lmao

Soooooo....?

Libby..the whole day really..had happy birthday sang to me 4 times. Even before I got engaged I was thinking it was a great birthday but the engagement topped it lol

Janelle..will a back massage help?

AFM..still got the flu..and wondering, hoping the hysterosocopy will help. I just read that it can cause damage than help. For example, not being able to carry a pregnancy. The hospital sent me out a pamphlet. I have to get a preg test done at least 7 days before and got to get a prescription to help with my cervix. That's got to hurt, something going through my cervix. I told db he better stay with me and he said he don't know if he is going to be able to watch another man looking at me. I'll understand either way. I'm going to find it hard as well, because before I had all women doctors do my pap smears.

So my dad is redoing his basement because they plan to sell the house in 2-3 years and now he has me in a home improvement mood.

Janelle, how much did you pay to redo your kitchen? We need to redo the flooring in our kitchen and paint one of the walls. That wont cost that much but I would love to redo the wole thing but since our house in is in crummy neighborhood, spending $10,000 wouldnt pay out when we try to sell it in 4-6 years.

I am planning on redoing the floor in the bathroom and painting most of the rooms too. I will eventually have to replace the carpet in the basement as well because the dark brown worn out carpet that is down there really makes it look oppressive when you consider that the walls are wood panelling down there. Argh....

Nicole, I don't know how much we paid exactly, but I can give you some prices.

We saved money by buying appliances off of craigslist. We got a sweet deal! My plan was to save them all and when we had the money to redo everything then we could do that. I got impatient when we got our tax return and that's when all the fiasco started.

Double oven- $500 from Craigslist
Countertops- $800 from Ikea
Dishwasher- $40 from Craigslist
Flooring- $300 from Lowes
Tile- $150 from Craigslist
Sink- $40 from Craigslist
Cup pulls & knobs- $200ish? from Lowes
Faucet- $135ish? from Lowes
Cook top- $125-$150??? Lowes
NEW COOK TOP B/C HUBAND BROKE SWEET DEAL- $400 Lowes Black Friday Deal

We saved money by repainting and building our own cabinets. I have no idea how much we spend on wood and supplies though. We have all the receipts and I plan on adding them all up when we're all done, but I'm too afraid to do it now. I'm not sure how much we spent on lights and drywall for the ceiling either.

I read somewhere that redoing your kitchen and bathroom in a house are the best way to up the value of your house, so best of luck to you!

Ok, so I was rethinking it and even though our oven range is old (36 inch), I found one online that has awesome reviews for $950. So if I dont have to remodel for a smaller oven range, I can paint the cabinets a shade of white and keep everything where it is after I take care of the flooring. The only thing I might want to do is replace the countertops. Right now they are a beige/ gold flecked non stone material with metal edging. Maybe I should go for a grey or tan granite?

We are not wanting to spend more than $5000 total for all we do in the house. About $2800 will be spent in the kitchen so hopefully granite wont blow that out of the water.

Oh, and we will also replace our refrigerator and probably the sink faucet but not the actual sink since a bigger size wouldnt really work.

Morning ladies!!

So, ladies... it's been raining like cats and dogs here. I have no idea what the hell that means. But it's RAINING LIKE CRAZY!!! There are three really warm storm moving through, so it's going to be all rain, no snow. :( what worries me, is when this happens it melts all the snow in the mountains too fast and it floods. They are talking about possible flooding, I don't gotta worry though!! When we bought a house, I thought of this!! I bought a house high and away from the river!!

How has everyone been?

Aspe, my back has been feeling a lot better now that I've been walking more.

I had just and interesting night last night. We went grocery shopping and I saw an OLD lady with a full on sleeve tattoo dressed like a punk rocker. It was the highlight of my night. Then I saw another old lady dressed like a forgive my language.. HOOKER. She was wearing a super short skirt and gogo boots. It was POURING RAIN and she was walking up and down the entrance of the sore. Then while in the store, I saw a guy who looks EXACTLY like Mickey Rourke. Even Dan agreed. It was crazy.

Nicole, sounds like a plan! Do you have a lot of angles in your counters? Granite is nice, but was too expensive for us. I always wanted cement counters, I saw some really cool pictures on google image. But, I didn't even want to attempt trying to cement my counters. I know I would mess it up. We were going to do the formica counters that look like granite, but we have too many angles. Then... I stumbled upon the wood and fell in love.

Nicole, there is a material that when I get around to redoing our counters I will use. I'll have to look it up but you could use it on concrete to add color or laminate to make look like stone. If handy it can save a ton of money. I think I figured less than 150 for all the counters in our house and having3 different colors to look like stone. Or do like some do and do an island in granite if you have it and matching laminate on rest.

Aspe- yay on the engagement!! So exciting.

I'll write more in a bit. Hated my dr appt today. What a waste of 2 hr round trip for the drive.

Janelle, i'm sure all those people were quite interesting! Lol things like that just throw me off!

Misty- have a smart phone? Get the myfitnesspal app and it will keep track of what you eat. Awesome barcode scan feature too. Can add your recipes and it will keep track for that too. Something you eat often and it can besaved for a quick click.

Grace- I know how you feel. I felt like thanksgiving and a few days before and after I looked huge and where I was when I was 20 some wks. And then other days I look like just the extra fat I accumulated before. Hopefully it wasn't too obvious as nobody knows. My mom noticed but she knows what's going on.

Loren- I was sick whole pregnancy last time and looks like prob same with this one. I have 2 meds and they don't take it all away. Some non rx ideas would be b6 and unisom. There used to be a combo drug for that but not anymore. But you can google them along with pregnancy. Ginger? These things were not strong enough for me but might be something that you could try.

Nicole- how is the cramping?

Libby- how are you feeling? Meds helping your husband?

Had my ob appt today. I thought I must have graduated a bit or bc my parents deal with all the iv stuffit makes me a little simpler and got put with the new np. Come to find out it was a 'pregnancy education' visit. We went over all this stuff weeks ago and this isn't my first. She was all on me about my pn meds. Well, I either take the risk or I terminate this pregnancy bc if they try to take me off I can't function and migraines make the nausea worse and I won't eat bc nothing will stay down. Take your pick. 'well, we'll have to talk to him about this..' I already have. My pn dr took me off and ob ok'd for me to go back on bc it causes too much havoc to my body. Then she was all concerned about my bp. Yes it's high and only high at the dr's. Take it again at the end and it will be fine....it was. Then she started talking about the screenings. It is our choice not to do them. It isn't going to change anything for us, and we will deal with what God blesses us with. Then she goes, 'oh, 2 wks ago we brought you in as a 10 wk pt bc of your first u/s, but changed it based on 2nd and are ignoring the dating on the 3rd, that means we've already passed timeframe for your first tri screening if you had wanted it.' Come on, get it together. So the only way they would offer another u/s was if I had first tri screening. Or if I have some sort of problem. So I only have pics from 8wks. :mad: I really wanted their normal 12 wk one. So much for early ones. Nothing to see but a blob and no pics from last 2. Does this baby have limbs? I have no idea! Lol now to wait until 18-20 wks. It was one of those, I hope they hear thehb,but if they can't find itthe u/s techis in and I could get another..hmm...yes I really just was happy they found it this time. She was also on my case about my inj because they are 'alternative'. Really, it's not steroids their injecting but d5. The sugar water iv solution. It's safe ad could get me off of my pn meds. Now take your pick. She was ok when I saw her with my dr but on her own. Ugh. Guess I feel the same about my dr tho.

I want to go do a private scan, but at 120+ I think it's out. Just got bills for the picc and u/s at hosp and our part being over 800, plus my pn dr at 300 a wk for alternative therapy not covered by ins..then jim's about ready to be laid of for the winter. *sigh can't start spending winter money on the non necessities. Could be 2 mos off or 5. Love the money he makes but winter really stinks when it stops.

Ok i'm done. I need to start looking at the good things again, and just being humble about whatever.

Lol, Misty. My husband said we should get a ticket. Why, we just are not that lucky!? Would be nice tho, wouldn't it?

What would everyone do with that much money?

Me- pay everything off, horse barn with indoor arena, harley for my husband and just save and spend carefully to not have to worry about anything.

Amber, sounds like you had a rough day! I don't think I have ever dealt with just a nurse practitioner. I think if I walking into my Dr. office and the nurse was a real bitch, I'd let her have it. You can always blame your out burst on pregnancy hormones. Sounds like being pregnant isn't the best for you. Is this pregnancy at least a bit easier for you? Do your prenatal vitamins make you sick? Is that why you can't take them?

I think if I won that much money I would pay off my house, build my dream house and rent this one out. Buy new cars, put some away for Samuel and baby #2 for college and a family/house of their own, and probably give the rest away.

I think this one is easier just in the fact that the inj help and we got meds on board quicker....but without the inj's I think it is just as hard or harder. This week has kicked my butt. I think with the holiday and not doing that friday inj and getting in such bad shape has made it to hard to recover from. Or maybe they are working the same and nausea/vomitting is worse again. I don't know. I know there is an end for it tho and it's worth it in the end, just horrible throughout. I take my prenatels before bed, they don't alway stay down, but I try. Just try to make what I eat count and not worry about it too much.

Have you looked into a chiropractor for your back yet? No it's not a one time thing, especially if problems are more than what you think. It takes time for the muscles to go back and support everything to stay in place.. Then there are those of us who go all the time. My neck not being completely straight will forever cause the lower spine to misalign.

Oh, and my labs..everything was fine except rubella immunity. I guess it was low. Didn't have a problem last time but now. Said they will want to do another mmr inj at hospital after delivery and then run the lab again.

Any one know on kids if mmr is more than 1 inj now? M had a reaction to an immunization so we won't do anymore so I can't remember. My mom was thinking if they changed it to multiple then they may have moved the perameters of what is high and low.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->