A home for EVERYONE!

Morning ladies!!

So, MIL called me last night and asked if I wanted to go with her and my FIL to visit with the elderly at Manor care and help serve tea. I was down, because I always enjoy old people and I know they would get a kick out of Samuel, so I get up at the butt crack of dawn to get ready. About 10 minutes ago I get a phone call from MIL telling me this is a "fancy" event and everyone is going to be dressed up. Pfftt... Best excuse in the world!! "I'm pregnant and too fat to fit into anything..." problem solved. So, I'm going to be the most comfortable one there in jeans and a sweater. Samuel looks cute though, he's dressed to the nines or what ever the saying is. Just wanted to let you ladies know, if I'm not on today, that is why. I'm chillin' with the old folk sippin' tea and eating crumpets or hard ass cookies... what ever is on the menu today. :)

I made my announcement poster all by myself an hour ago. Now to deicde what to wear and how I want the picture set up! I'm excited to see reactions on FB.

I've announced my pregnancy on FB! I have a link to the picture I posted to announce if anyone wants to see (I understand if some people dont).

Oh and after 2.5 weeks without it, the "runs" have made a vengeful return.

1201102656.jpg

Samuel had a lot of fun serving sandwiches to the elderly. He put on quite a show with his dancing as well. Papa played the violin and guitar. EVERYONE sang Christmas tunes and they were all tone deaf. I felt right at home. :winkwink:

Here's the picture (which DH got mad about because I forgot he doesnt like me posting pictures of my "bump" online):

Attachments

• IMG_7996.jpg
    IMG_7996.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 9
I've gotten 5 congrats so far...thinking I'll have that number tripled by tomorrow night. Time for bed now.

Ladies I am soooooooo sorry for being MIA lately super busy with work and kids and josh flies out Monday very early i have to drop him off at 4am at
The air port going to be weird haven't been part for this long since march when I had to go to a funeral in Arkansas and he had to stay home and work oh well I won't be able to really catch up till Monday I finally have a day off just wanted u ladies to know yes I am a live and I miss all of u soooooo much!

Janelle I love the pic of Samuel!

Nicole I love your pic to! Tell dh to suck it up lol

Where is everyone?

WEll I'm not telling my mom but I might have felt the baby move today right after I woke up from my nap. It felt like a thumb-sized marble rolling in the opposite direction that gas usually goes. Still not sure it was the baby but I did get excited either way.

I just love the baby bump and ultrasound pictures :)

I just found out today my friend is 3 months, due June 15 :)

Janelle..I did not know about the chin and head differences..interesting..I'll definitely be looking for that on friends u/s pictures lol

AFM..I got digital OPK's ordered, but not here yet. I haven't done an OPK in over two weeks. Maybe I'll do one tomorrow or Sunday. It's nice to know if I ovulate, but it is also stressful trying to determine the lines and the waiting.

Hi Aspe!! What cycle day are you on? Like everybody else I'm wondering if you're feeling any different since you've started the Vitex.

Congrats on the engagement by the way! :)

Grace- yay on the bump pic! I agree, later in the day for me too is sooo different than the morning. And....atleast you were swinging when he startled you! I apparently hit mine while he was sleeping a few yrs ago. Says he was asleep and all of a sudden felt this hard hit to his face. Said I was sitting up with a closed fist...then I laid back down and continued to sleep. I never really outgrew the sleep walking thing. I can wake myself up in some pretty strange instances. One time at a hotel I must have too. Woke up with the key card in my hand and the door was no longer locked. Who knows what I did. Lol

Janelle- you find some very interesting things. Liked your skull pics for comparasion tho.

Libby- I think our dr's and nurses must have gone to school together! Lol sounds like you are fruestrated like me. The only reason I didn't switch dr's was bc I figured with how sick I get it would be easier having gone through it with this dr before. I should have switched. 8 and 9 wks is so far from the 18-20 wk u/s...they should give us an in between one! Lol

Nicole- think it would be easier to find out with your husband away and not say anything?

Misty- i'm pretty sure you were the one commenting on not knowing how I do it and being sick and doing it again. Honestly i've dealt with the pain so long that I feel like it may never go away and i'm not going to stop everything we want due to it. The sickness while pregnant- I whine about it and my husband does A LOT even without the whining. He gets home from work and lets me rest while he plays with M even tho he's been up since 4. It's worth it in the end. Don't feel like i've done anything extra special.....just be a mom and whatever it takes and pick myself up when I feel like I fail bc i'm not able to do the normal things with M bc I don't feel well enough too.

Anyway, how is keeping track of what you're eating?

For me, pretty good this afternoon. Saw my pain dr and since this week has kicked my butt she did both sides of my face. Seems to have helped, we'll see if it lasts through the wkend.
Last night I was looking at private u/s places. Even looked at Chicago. We'll be going through to go to WI at christmas. Seems I could get a better deal than here. Guess we'll see.

So, except for my mom and stepdad nobody knows about this baby. we plan on telling at the times we celebrate christmas. We'll celebrate early here and late with my dad. I told Jim that once his parents know, that they have to know they can't spread the news like last time. Don't need some msg on fb or something that would make my family angry that they weren't told yet.

So, i'm going to make m a shirt with 'troublemaking supervisor' on the front. And not sure about the back. Thought about 3 stick ppl with =4. Or something about 'if it's quiet it's not that the baby is sleeping, but in training' something to that effect. FEEL FREE TO HELP ME EDIT THAT!! And then let m wear it and see how long it takes for people to notice. HELP!!

Krissy where are you?

I guess you have a point on the pain deal if it's something you deal with everyday, won't be a ton different being pregnant. I feel so bad for you, though!! I can't imagine being in pain every day of my life!

I'm doing my best with the eating.. it's hard to figure out what to eat!! It's not going so well with my blood sugar though. I'll not even eat as many carbs as I'm allowed and my sugar is too high.. like in the 130s and it's supposed to be under 120. The worst is my fasting sugars, though. They're supposed to be under 95 and they're always at least in the 120s. Nothing I can do about fasting sugars... Exercising the night before doesn't help it, I tried the peanut butter before bed trick Janelle suggested and that didn't work either. I have a feeling I'll end up on insulin :(

Think positive, Misty. :hugs: Maybe it just takes awhile for your levels to adjust to the new diet. Did they say how soon they could come down by changing your diet.

Cute bump, Nicole!! Why does your hubby not want you to post pics online?

Janelle, your son is so freakin adorable I can't even stand it!!! I love the outfit!

Krissy - I MISS YOU!!!!!! Glad you have the day off tomorrow.

AFM... it's been a rough week this past week. First I find out I have gestational diabetes. Then the new HR guy decided the vacation policy isn't being handled like it says in the handbook so he's getting it changed. Normally, everybody gets their vacation in January. I'm at 3 weeks now so in January I'd get my 3 weeks for the year. If you're going to reach an anniversary point that you gain another week, you don't get that week until your anniversary date. For example, Jake started working there Sept 30, 2011 so this year on Sept 30 he got a week of vacation that has to be used by the end of the year. Then January 1 he gets his 1 week for 2013. Then at 2 years we earn 2 weeks so he'd get his 2nd week on Sept 30, 2013. Then Jan 1 he'd get 2 weeks for the whole year. At 8 years we get 4 weeks then at 20 years, 4 weeks. Anyway, the HR guy decided we shouldn't get our vacation until our anniversary dates so I wouldn't have vacation until June 7 and Jake wouldn't have any until Sept 30. We both planned on using vacation for when the baby was born. I was using mine for maternity leave. Jake was going to take his week for when the baby was born. Also, in Dec of last year, Sheila (who was our last general manager/HR) and Dexter (who was the president) made a policy that exempt employees (salaried employees which would include me) get 4 weeks of paid leave when on FMLA. So I had planned I'd use that and my vacation and I'd have 7 weeks of full pay on maternity leave. Now that the family who owns the company fired Sheila and Dexter then took over as CEO and President, they decided that policy was not approved so Sheila shouldn't have sent out the email about it. Well both the owner and his daughter were ON that email back then and never disputed, then one of the salaried guys in the office used the 4 weeks earlier this year for his knee surgery. Nobody disputed it then either. Now that the vacation stuff came up and I explained I was planning on taking my vacation with the 4 week paid FMLA for my maternity leave NOW they're disputing it. So basically I went from 7 weeks of paid leave to 0. Pretty upset. The worst part? The owner is my great uncle and the CEO is my cousin so this is my family screwing me. Nice, huh? I was still going back and forth via email with my cousin expressing my anger and hurt and that I don't feel it's fair. In a diplomatic way, of course lol THENNNNNNNNNN, on Friday, they asked Jake to go to Jackson, MN this coming week for 3 days to train on some new product we're going to start manufacturing. Good opportunity.. he's the only assembly guy going. Will be him and 3 welders. The bad news? He leaves Tuesday morning at 5:30am and my anatomy scan is Tuesday at 8:30am. I'm SO upset that he wouldn't be there!!! This is what we've been waiting for for 18 weeks!! So I called the perinatologist's office on Friday to see if it could be moved up to Monday but they closed at noon Friday. Dumb. More dumb, they don't open until 11am on Monday! I left a voicemail but I won't wait to hear back from them.. I'll be calling right away at 11:00 tomorrow!! I HOPE we can be fit on Monday! I'm going to be so lost without him for 3 days. It sounds dumb but we have never gone that long not seeing each other since we started dating. Then to go to the anatomy scan without him... I will be SO upset. However I'm not going to reschedule it the next week. I need to know the baby is ok, it's been 6 weeks since I've seen it! I need to be able to call it he or she instead of IT!!! Plus they wanted to do the ultrasound at 18 weeks. Everybody please cross your fingers we can get our appt moved to tomorrow!!

Sorry this was so long... pretty emotionally rough week.

Think positive, Misty. :hugs: Maybe it just takes awhile for your levels to adjust to the new diet. Did they say how soon they could come down by changing your diet.

No, I assume right away. I have a log I have to keep what my numbers are fasting then 2 hours after each meal. I have an appt with my OB this coming Thursday to go over how my numbers are. Guess we'll see what happens then. What's strange is I thought by changing my diet I'd lose even more weight but haven't so far. My body is probably in shock... where's all my carbs?!?! lol

So just remembered to do the baking soda/pee test... When I did it in early pregnancy it fizzed, now.. no fizz. Hmmmmmm...

Misty, FXd they can squeeze you in today. So sorry about the vacation. Hopefully they have a change of heart and grandfather you into the old policy or something.

Grace, I am getting a kindle for Christmas! Hope I like it! I have the old Ipad 1... use it for making recipes in the kitchen and to entertain Siena... don't read with it because its too big so I use my phone for that. Think the Kindle will be better for trips because not as big but will still show movies etc. Oh and interesting on the gender tidbit... how not knowing might make it easier to get through labor! That would be a good reason for me to wait!! And dude... so weird that people keep asking you about bfing!!!

Janelle - Aww Samuel looks so adorable!! Has he always been ok with hats? Siena refuses to have them on her head!

Nicole - oh well, your husband can get over it! Fun picture! P.s., you are tiny!

Misty - Oh dear... I wish the diet would fix the sugar levels, sigh!! Keep trying, fx'd!!!! And wow on the family drama at work... that is ridiculous. IF someone already used the 4 weeks, then you should be able to!! Sigh. I really hope that gets worked out. For us full-time workers, figuring out how to take time off for mat leave is a huge deal.

Yeah I'd push back the anatomy scan if they couldn't move you earlier. Or go, but don't find out gender yet. DH would be so bummed if I found out without him. But, up to you! I know it would be nearly impossible not to find out once dr knows and can tell you!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->