A home for EVERYONE!

oh I could careless at the moment. While I was throwing up I had Samuel screaming patty cake in my ear. I woke up to a face covered in stickers at one point. I have no idea how i am going to do this with two babies!

Id like to share with everybody that for the past like 3 days, my sugars have been good after every meal! Im proud of myself!! However my fasting sugars are still way high. :-( I decided I want to try taking the metformin with supper instead of at bedtime. Just to experiment. Its the only thing, besides water, that goes into my belly after supper. My sugars 2 hours after supper are great... we went out to eat tonight even and my good choices gave me a blood sugar of 108 (supposed to be under 120)... so how can they be good then but not after putting nothing in me for like 12 hours?? Makes no sense. My problem is I keep forgetting to take the medicine at supper cuz Im so used to taking them at bedtime!! Grrr

Ok so will get caught up better tomorrow i hope! but i had the night from hell at work got out a half hour late......didnt get to talk to josh at all today got one text this morning saying good morning and i love you guess thats better than nothing...going to bed super tired got a ton to do in the morning i go to work an hour early to get out an hour early hopefully....sigh....

Krissy, I hope you feel better after a good sleep, you sound as if you have had one of those days that you just cant wait for it to be over :hugs:

Janelle, I hope you are feeling a bit better by the time you read this? I laughed at your description of your DS putting stickers over you :winkwink::haha:

MnJ, I am in St John Ambulance (I'm not sure of the equivalent in US) and we had a diabetic nurse in training us a few weeks ago. My dad is diabetic so I was very interested in it. From what you are describing it does sound as if taking metformin at supper may be key. My dad's sugars are regularly high in the morning and it can disturb sleep, you can wake up with a headache and feel dizzy etc. He basically eats very little after dinner so I think this is his problem as the last thing he normally has is a cup of tea and a couple of biscuits shortly after dinner :dohh:.

What about setting a reminder on your mobile to help?

Army, I remember having shooting pains very early on with my DS as well, but they cleared after a few days. I hope they do for you as well, perhaps mention it at your next check up, just in case they suspect you may be developing SPD?

HisGrace and anybody I've missed :hi:

Hmmm I hear a metal rattle coming from my washing machine while it is spinning, probably a wire has come out of my bra! Hopefully it doesnt damage anything, impatiently waiting for the cycle to finish now :wacko:.

Have a good day all xo

Happy avocado day janelle and grace! (totally missed your day the other day, Grace! Sorry!)

Happy lemon day, Libby!

That's a good idea, Angel, to set an alarm on my phone. Thanks!
It totally ticks me off when the wire in my bras break! I finally bought a bag u put delicates in then put the bag in the washer. I think Tide makes it. That has helped a LOT. That way I don't have to hand wash but they don't get stretched and pulled in the washer!

Krissy sorry u had a bad day at work :-( When is your next day off? Isn't it tomorrow that Josh gets home? What time?

So it's 3:30 in the morning and I'm wide awake. Woke up to pee as usual now can't get back to sleep. I'm so constipated and I'm miserable! I almost want Janelle's illness just so I can get cleaned out! Ugh! Sorry for the tmi lol

I know how you feel Misty :( I went to the toilet last night to pee, and it took an hour and a half of tossing and turning to fall back asleep...I hope the insomnia isn't returning! Constipation is also kicking my ass! Woooo hooo for the improvement in sugar levels though!!!! I reckon you'll find such a good routine that you'll kick this gestational diabetes in the ass for good!

Don't worry angel, my washing machine is a right rackety thing, I'm always losing doggy poo bags and loose change in it!

Krissy: Sorry to hear about not getting much contact from Josh...I always say to my huby when he's away "It doesn't matter about day-contact, as long as I get my goodnight text I'll be happy!" So the silly man ALWAYS only texts me goodnight and never contacts any other time, thinking I've given him a free pass to do just that!lol

Haha! The joys of having little babies Janelle!! I'm so not looking forward to the lack of privacy, like not even being able to enjoy a pee by myself!! Your little boy sounds absolutely adorable, though!! Though maybe not so adorable when you're trying to vomit!!

Had a really sad couple of days ladies :( Had little bits of spotting on and off, which has obviously had me worried and panicked, and DH has been a bit of a doosh by just constantly saying "It's fine, there's nothing to worry about"...he stopped talking to me last night because I said I wanted to lay off DTD for a few days because I don't want to spot!! I think the spotting (Definitely from my lady area) could be because of constipation, and I'm now pretty sure it might just be an irritated cervix (I felt baby Jenson moving around and kicking quite a lot last night, which shocked me, and his heartbeat on my doppler was so loud and clear!), but it does tend to worry me...all my midwife could say was "I don't know what to suggest" so looks like a day of rest for me!x

Janelle - Happy Avocado Day!

Libby - Happy Lemon Day!

Misty - So happy your numbers are doing better. Pretty soon everything will be perfect.

Loren - :hugs: I know how scary spotting can be. So glad he gave you some re-assuring movement to show you he's okay. I've read several women stories about constipation making them spot so that's probably what it is.

Angel - Hope your washing machine is okay. How have you been?

Krissy - Sorry you had a bad day. When will Josh be coming home?

AFM - Did not get a good night's sleep. Sleeping on my side is so uncomfortable but I'm sure I'll get used to it. My BFF from middle school is coming to see me today. Super excited about seeing her and proudly showing off my bump. She's a sweetheart so she won't say anything about how big I am. :)

Nicole - Think your daughter is super thirsty because dehydrated? Or throat hurts so liquids feel better than food? The latter has happened to Siena before. Oh and no idea on the pelvic stuff... I'd ask your dr! I know some people get SPD but not sure what that is.

Oh I'm sure we got prego doggy style both times. But no idea where my placenta was with Siena or this time either!

Janelle - Glad you are feeling better! But want you 100% please, thanks! Hope this is a short illness!

Misty - I don't know much about sugars and such.. has the dr said anything about eating a midnight snack to help prevent the drop in sugars at night? Hope the metaformin at dinner helps! Oh yay thanks Ima lemon!! So does the bra bag really make the bras not get messed up then? I know when I washed them regular, they'd stretch out faster etc. So now I hand wash... which means I don't wash them enough! I have the wash bags.. I should do that if its gentle enough on them. Oh and coffee is what keeps me from getting constipated. Esp if I order it out instead of make it at home... and being at work helps for some reason! I remember being worried about mat leave, wondering if I'd EVER 'go' haha.

Krissy - Sounds like you are working your butt off! Hope it calms down pronto!!

Loren - Ha, yeah I don't even bother closing the bathroom door anymore.. Siena always wants to come in! But now she's gotten to where she comes in and closes the door, so that works! Oh and I know that you shouldn't be worried about a bit of spotting, but I'd be concerned too... your DH needs to worry a bit for your sake! My DH would be the same way though... I think they think it's better on us if they act like things aren't a big deal so we won't worry even more. But it just makes it look like they don't care! Take it easy... but yeah I'd say not dtding for a bit would help. Seems like that causes it sometimes!

Grace! Good mornin! Sorry you're havin issues with side sleeping! I'm a side sleeper so I have it easy. But, I am currently also a stomach sleeper... took that up post-Siena after all that time of not being able to... I started wanting to sleep on my stomach, ha. I did read its about blood flow for back sleep, so as long as you're not dizzy, your brain is getting enough blood... baby first, then heart, then brain. Did I read that on here? Ha I forget. Anyway, I plan to ask my dr bc stomach sleeping helps me when I'm nauseous! Oh and enjoy the bump!!! My first time I wore tight stuff and made sure to show it off!! This time, not as gung ho for some reason...

Just a quick hi! trying to get our room all nice and clean today lol...i pick josh up tonight at the airport at 11pm then he found out he will have tomorrow off then work sunday-wednesday...sigh....i have sat-monday off but then i am on a 6 day straight.....grrr......some day i will see my husband lol....he did call and talk to me this morning while he was packing so i guess he misses to lol. even if i have to skip my lunch today...which i hope i dont....i am going to get out at 10 tonight..i want to be able to take time to change...do my hair....and actually put make up ya know look pretty for him.

HI ANGEL, MISTY, JANELLE, AMBER, LOREN, LIZZY, NICOLE, GRACE!!!! MISS YOU LADIES AFTER TODAY 3 DAYS OFF YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

can you tell i am excited? lol

YAy on time off!! And you'll get to spend tomorrow with your hubby right??

Morning ladies!!

I'm feeling better today, but not 100% I ate a jello last night and some ginger ale for dinner and felt disgusting, so I fell asleep on the couch until Dan was poking me to come to bed. I took some more Tylenol to chase away any fever that might creep up. I slept so hard last night. Didn't wake up for anything! Samuel woke me up at 9:00 this morning demanding a banana. So, we know he's feeling great. I took a shower and weighed myself. I've lost enough weight to be on the "low" side of weight gain now. It'd be kinda nice to stay on the low side, but at least now, I've got a little wiggle room. My stomach is still a little upset, so I think I'm going to stick to broth, applesauce, jello, ginger ale, and water today and see how I feel tomorrow.

Misty, I LOVED the naughty poopies yesterday, that was the only highlight of my day. Well, seeing Samuel try and cheer me up wasn't so bad either.

Loren, Samuel is a pretty private guy. He doesn't burst in the bathroom unless you're taking a shower. Then he'll just tell you that he wants to take a shower too. It's not all the time either. Sometimes he'll bring in a book and "play read" it to me.

Krissy, Josh comes home, which means baby making!! RIGHT?!?!?!?!

Libby, you're a lemon!! How exciting!!

Grace, I sleep on my stomach, with my left leg straight and my right leg bent high, it kinda rolls me on my side, like a half side, half stomach kinda position. You could try putting a pillow under your bent leg as well. That would roll you over even more. I switch sides too, but I'm a stomach sleeper, I can't do my side.

Hi to all the other ladies!!

Janelle glad you're starting to feel better!

Krissy, get your groove on!

It's snoooooowing!!!

Here you go, you can have it, Janelle! ALL of it!!!!

Attachments

• snow.jpg
    snow.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 7
oh ewwww I do not MISS snow!! I'm from Alaska and I was happy to leave the snow there!! But I do miss fun snow sports...

oh man janelle! sounds like you are improving, but man you've gone through the wringer! althouuuuugh... I wouldn't mind the weight loss!!!! :O

I miss the snow!! I want to build a freakin' snow man dammit! I don't think it's ever going to snow here again. It's sad I tell ya!

Libby, I don't mind the weight loss at all, but I know I'll be carrying it in the next few days. That's my luck.

Grace, was it you that emailed a psychic about your pregnancy? I remember someone emailed a psychic, but I can't remember who... but I was curious the outcome. Could have been the "other" thread. :shrug:

I remember someone mentioning a psychic.

And yeah I always gain back any weight I lose while sick. But I'm not one to lose weight like that. I tend to still find things I can eat!

....I'm really tempted to go get one of those ridiculous intelligender tests from CVS. Just for giggles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->