A home for EVERYONE!

Yay for keeping my clothes on. I'm worried because I haven't felt the baby and because I'm a worry wort. LOL. About to go check in.

Yay for keeping my clothes on. I'm worried because I haven't felt the baby and because I'm a worry wort. LOL. About to go check in.

Make sure you ask where the placenta is!! I bet you have anterior just like Janelle and I!

Grace, don't worry it will all be fine. :)

Misty, where is your appointment update?

Aspe, my FIL brought me back some maple butter from Canada. Heeeeeeeeeeaven. Why didn't you tell me you have this goodness hiding in your country. What else are you hiding from me?

Well, here's the update on my appt today if anybody wants to hear my drama! lol First I was down 3 pounds from last week which is good as I was UP 5 pounds from the week before! lol As of this point, I'm down 7 pounds since beginning of pregnancy. I saw a new doctor today.. and little did I know NEW is literal! She was like 12 years old! She walked in and my mouth worked faster than my brain (as usual) and I blurted out omg you're so young!! She said thanks! lol I said well you just look too young to have already gone through all the schooling, etc. She said well I'm just fresh out of school if that makes you feel any better. I thought (controlled my mouth this time yay me!) um.. no, that does NOT make me feel better! I want someone experienced who knows what they're doing! Anyway, she looked at my sugars log and upped me just a little bit. I told her the other night I got up to pee at like 3:30am and decided to test my sugar just to see what it does in the middle of the night since my fasting #'s are always too high. It was lower at 3:30 than it was at 6:30. SO she wants me to do a 3am sugar test for the next week. I usually get up to pee about that time anyway but I'll have to set an alarm to make sure. Poor Jake lol. She listened to heartbeat and it was in the 150s which is normal. He was kicking around while she was doing it. Little guy doesn't like dopplers lol. Then she measured me and said I measured 31 weeks!!! WHAAAAT?!?! Last week I measured 27!! She said don't be too concerned diff people measuring can get different #'s and it's kind of difficult due to the fat there. Yeah I know that but it shouldn't be 4 weeks different from one week to the next!! Man I can't wait til the ultrasound on Tuesday to see what he's REALLY measuring in there. Then the nurse had asked me if I'd made the opthamalogist and EKG appt yet. I was like do what??? They have all their diabetes patients see an opthamalogist and also get an ekg as diabetes affects eyes and hearts. Awesome. So when I checked out one girl made my follow up visits appts while the other girl made my appts for the eye dr and ekg at the hospital. For the follow up visits she just went ahead and made the next 4 weekly appts so I can get in with the doctor I want since I've been going in weekly anyway. Easier to cancel if need be than to try to get my doctor (she said he's very popular, uh yeah cuz he's the best!) and he's booked. Also made my 25 week FREE 4D video scan!! woo hoo!! All in all I made 7 doctor appts today! Add that to the 2 I already have scheduled with the high risk dr and the diabetes counselor, that gives me 9 appts in the next month. Really?! I really hope my work stays understanding... good grief...

misty glad to hear you are doing so well! i mean um yeah those young dr are scary lol...but hey i get told all the time ilook like i am 22 not almost 28...i say i have 3 kids and oldest being 6 and people always blurt out you dont look old enough to have a 6 yr old...lmao i always smile and say thank you they hear my real age and go well i guess you are lol....keep your head up butter cup!!!

Janelle cant text me back huh? i am hurt lol

aspe-thanks girl! we will see in a few days!

afm...um yeah my lazy but has not left my comfy pj or bed today lol...i should have took a nap..josh and jamie went to get his check, i am about to get in the shower and then get avarie ready then get joshy and then off to eat....so be back later...soi nice to relax now just need sleep lol

Misty, that sound like a crowded morning. Don't worry about the measuring, it can change a lot. I saw my doctor at 17 weeks and he tried to tell me my uterus was way under my belly button, but this visit it was inches above my belly button. No possible way it could have grown that quickly in that short amount of time. A lot can push your uterus up a bit too. Don't let it worry you. As for the fresh doctor, don't be too hard on her, she's just out of school which means everything is fresh in her mind. My old Dr. (the quack) believed the answer to everything was a hysterectomy. My new doctor made the comment that my old doctor lives in the dark ages and doesn't believe in new medicine. Give her a chance, she is a doctor, not a student. ;) I've been meaning to ask you, did your work figure out the maternity leave situation?

Noooooooo clue on the maternity leave deal. I figured I'd just have to ask once it got closer to that time. My cousin (CEO) said in an email that she'd make sure I got my weeks. I saved that email but things will probably change before it happens.

I'm giving the young 'un a chance! One of my weekly appts I set up, my regular doctor is on vacation so I requested her instead. I liked her, just hope she knows what she's doing.

Janelle i got to find my phone lol

misty i hope they get that figured out for you!!!

ok off we go for our friday meal!

Evening ladies just popping in to say hi. I'm avoiding BnB for some reason but I think it's really because my redundancy consultation has started and reality has hit home:cry:. I've put in for loads of jobs, most of them outside my interest field as there are so few opportunities, I've only heard from a few of them and had 2 interview offers :growlmad:. I attended one which was a complete waste of time and energy, the other I had to pull out of as the city is a terrible place to live in (Glasgow).

So my TTC thoughts, my ticking biological clock and RMCs have been pushed into the background a little, which I think is leading to the heightened stress, if you all understand that!!!!!!!!

I'm frazzled, I got blood tests done a fortnight ago as my hair started falling out after my 6th MC in September. They can't find anything wrong so it looks like it is stress related :wacko:. The good thing is my scalp is not appearing thin or bald anywhere, thank goodness:headspin:

But get this, I've had itchy armpits as well which started about the same time so I'm not totally convinced it's just stress? :shrug: Strange or what?

I'll try and catch a few quiet hours this weekend to catch up:thumbup:.

Sorry for the selfish post but I've so many pages to read and I don't have time this evening, I'd feel rude answering to only a couple of you:blush: xoxo

Angel, I've missed you! I don't feel that your post is selfish at all what so ever! I'm just happy to see you pop in. After I had Samuel, my hair was falling out in clumps. It could be your hormones fluctuating from being pregnant to not. As for itchy armpits. That's a new one. Do they always itch? Or is during a certain time in your cycle, or when you shave/wax them? That is if you shave/wax them. I hope your job quest gets better and you find the job of your dreams. :) I've missed you. Thanks for thinking of us and stopping by! :hugs:

I'm back from my anatomy scan. I do have an anterior placenta so that explains a lot. She said the anatomy was perfect, but he's a big baby already. So no more carbs. That makes me sad, but I don't want to make him sick so I'll cut them out. We didn't get a good profile pic because he had his head against the placenta but we got a good potty shot.

Attachments

• Potty Shot.jpg
    Potty Shot.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 5
Whoop! Whoop! Grace!! My baby was measuring big, but I wasn't put on any restrictions, weird... Maybe I should cut back on carbs. Is your baby measuring a week ahead like mine? They aren't changing my due date, did they change yours?

Janelle - She didn't tell me the weeks just the weight. She said he weighed 15 oz and she said that's in the 90th percentile for 20 weeks 5 days (based on LMP). So she told me to cut out carbs. She didn't change my due date though. I'll take the glucose test on my next visit.

Maria - Hi! How's it going? Any big plans for the weekend?

It's going well and not really. I'm taking a break from writing a story though! It's still in progress though.

Grace i so would not worry about cutting out carbs just bc he is on the big side...psht my kids have measured in the 90th percentile for weight from day one and all the way till they were about 3 then evened out..they are also on the end for their heights to at birth and now my ava is the only shorty lol. so advice to you is unless your glucose test comes back bad eat like you have been lol. i just have big babies period and so may you!

hi maria!

Angel!!! Hi sweety!!!! and no selfish posts here! just happy to hear you are doing ok for the most part.

we had a nice dinner out....got some groceries...no dishes done, laundry going and time for homework. my work called and asked if i could work from 6:45am till 11am and i said yes bc i like helping out when i can and it is only four hours of my morning but that means early bed time for me! oh and i told my mom how tired i have been and she asked if i was pregnant and i told her i wasnt for sure one way or the other yet...and she said i have looked like crap for the last few days...thanks mom....but i did tell her that if no we are for sure giving it a go again and see what happens......ok homework time for me already 8 at night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->