A home for EVERYONE!

Hey ladies,

I asked a question the other day and it must of gotten missed.

So, here it is again lol

Now, in the posts I missed from yesterday, I read about you ladies talking about carbs. Do you have to cut out carbs while you are pregnant?

Who's pregnant? Pdx is :)

Krissy.. I am rooting for your bfp :)

Pdx.. What time is your apt tomorrow?

Aspe - I have to carb count just because I've been diagnosed with diabetes since I've been pregnant.

Misty.. This may sound so juvenile, but, I did not know carbs had to do with sugar. Interesting. So, how many carbs are you allowed daily, if you don't mind me asking?

sorry been mia just stressing about money and what not and working my ass off lol

anyways...

misty as soon as i read you woke up soaked in sweat i knew right away it was low blood sugar even before you said it. ok possible reasons....are you on a fast acting insulin like humalog or novolog you have to take after you eat or just a 24 hour one like lantus or levamir? sometimes josh gets low blood sugars like that and yeah it is scarry! the why is not really known. for you it could be your body just shot out extra insulin that time and with what you take it made your surgars go too low diabetes is a very odd disease. when josh has low blood sugars he first drink juice and then usually a PB&J but a candy bar is also good lol. but it is really good you have your tablets. try not too worry too much about it dropping like it sad to say it happens but for sure call your dr and let them know i would even call the on call dr. oh and love the pictures!

Janelle-i got your texts sorry i didnt respond but my phone is completely jacked! i need a new one but have to wait till we get our taxes back. i love your picture to!!!!

Aspe-no testing for me till wednesday but i dont have my hopes up and just waiting on af to show anyday now I am CD26 my shortest cycle being CD21 and longest being CD27. how about you and testing? oh and i ate what ever i wanted with my pregnancies that is why i gained a ton with the first two but with the third i swam like every day with the kids so i didnt gain hardly anything.

Nicole-um forgive me i forgot what i was going to say lol but HI!

Grace-good to hear from you!!!

afm-i worked a 12 yesterday so didnt get home till about 4am. but got a surprise when josh came in and wanted to give me a back rub before bed. it was so sweet of him! but here i am now have to get ready for work again....sigh...but still not kids tonight yay! get them back tomorrow sometime.

Hi everyone, new to the group so just wanted to say hi and hope you are all well!

I have type 1 diabetes so technically no i don't have to go carb free as i'm on insulin but i do reduce even without pregnancy as all carbs turn to sugar in the body, so i limit to under 90g a day to avoid massive spikes.

Hi All,
Im sorry ive been selfish and just been giving updates on my weird situations...i promise to behave better once i just know wats goin on...anything whether gud or bad...just want to know... u guys and dh r the only one who know abt wats goin on...its so difficult to jus talk normally to my mom and mil...today is my mils anniversary so wen i was was wishing her she said 'my best anniversary gift will b wen i hear abt your giving me my first grandchild...god i didnt know wat to say...dh was sweet enuf to just take over the conversation...cant wait for tomorrow to goin for my blood work again and get the doc call...idont know wat i want to hear anymore...sometimes i think hell call and say numbers r goin up so its all gud...sometimes i think hell say its not goin up...sometimes i think wat if the numbersr gud but things go kaput bcos im still bleeding....totaly mess..thanks for bearing with me

pdx - Be as selfish as you need to be. You're going through a stressful time. Come here to vent all you want.

Pdx- We started this thread so no one would complain about posts regardless about content. I know I sometimes only post about me but we have all agreed that as long as we hear from each other then we arent going to complain. I hope it's a healthy pregnancy!

Aspe- I think carbs all depend on your clood glucose level once you get pregnant.

0809- I'm not sure if I got your usernasme right. Is there a nickname we could call you to make things easier? How old are your first 2 children?

Krissy- We all need time away from here for one reason or another eventually. I'm a little stressed about money but not as much as last month. The frustrating thing for me is that I dont have our PIN from last year's taxes so therefore when I did them onlinethey automatically got rejected 4 times. Hoping when I call the IRS number tomorrow can get it all worked out.

AFM-Nothing new here. Excited about seeing my mom again in 5 days. Today the in-laws have Baby J so mommy is going to take a short nap and then get to cleaning. I'll check in when I wake up.

Hi ladies!!

It's been a lazy sunday at our house. I got up super early this morning and made french toast casserole, ate it, then went back to bed.

Grace, happy to see you're poppin' in and giving an update. I wish I had the energy and time to paint a room or two in our house. Dan is suppose to finish the kitchen while I'm in Ohio this week, but I highly doubt that's going to happen.

Misty, Hope your blood sugars are better today. You have me all sorts of worried over here. Gimme an update!

Krissy, Good to see your doing okay. Try not to stress too much. Maybe a really good job will fall into Josh's hands soon and all will work out.

PDX, don't think you're being selfish. Honestly, I just like getting updates from all the girls. I'm really hoping your numbers rise with this upcoming test tomorrow.

Aspe, I eat what I want during this pregnancy. I've probably gained the most out of all the women here thus far and my doctor hasn't put me on any food restrictions because my blood pressure and blood work are good. When are you planning on testing?

080509, Welcome!! How far a long are you if you don't mind me asking? Could you tell us a little bit more about yourself?

Maria, Where the heck have you been?!?! How are things with you and the boyfriend? You're moving his way pretty soon right?

Hope I didn't miss anyone, but if I did I apologize, I've got this weird rash on my arms that is only on my forearms, close to my elbows. Whenever I get rashes or bumps I completely freak out. I had the chicken pox 3 times and I refuse to believe what the doctor says that "I'm immune to it". So, I hopped on google and found out its a sun rash. LOL go figure! Leave it to the lily white girl to get a rash when she plays in the sun. I can deal with it on my arms, as long as it's not on my face. I'm really enjoying this pregnancy glow I've got going on. I'm off to make my hubby some graham cracker, caramel, chocolate bridle looking stuff. Then Spinach lasagna rolls for dinner. Yum!

Ok, so apparenlty I fell asleep and slept for 2 hours but I feel very awake now. I'm praying my friend Jessica from another thread goes into labor on her own. She is 3 days overdue and they will induce her if she doesnt go into labor in the next 5 days.

my friend Jodie is out of the hospital after their blizzard and because her BP has been stabilized for 3 days.

I feel bad for a lady at our church not only because her husband suddenly passed away 2 weeks ago but because he left all his possessions (except the house) and his life insurance money to his kids from his previous marriage. So now she has to scrape together the money for a funeral (which isnt cheap if you've never had to see the bill for one). Makes me so thankful that Josh is not only leaving everything to me but also that the Army has substantial life insurance on him. Also apparently I'm on my dad's life insurance policy also, not that I want Josh or my dad to pass away but it was kinda surprising since we are all out of school.

Nicole, I've never really been a nap taker, but these last few weeks I've been sleeping a lot more. I took a nap every day when we were in Florida. I like waking up refreshed, but I hate sleeping so long that it feels like I've wasted my day. Sometimes if I take a nap, I wake up even more tired than when I first fell asleep. That drives me crazy!

AFM...I'm just waiting on the lasagna rolls. I've got 15 more minutes. The graham cracker things were super easy, haven't tried them yet. They are for dessert. More or less something for Dan to snack on when I'm gone. LOL I bought him Mac and Cheese to eat while I'm away. Gonna make him miss my cooking! I hope all of you ladies are enjoying your Sunday evening. It's been so quiet around here.

A few minutes ago on the couch I was having lower back pain, mainly on my left side. It was sharp and was coming every 30 seconds and lasting about 5 seconds. Then I swtiched position and have been getting the same pain but in my lower left abdomen and not as often. I hate these moments that I'm not sure if things are normal or not.

Janelle, I've always been a napper, I get it from my mom but this pregnancy has pushed it to the extreme. I like Misty, dont sleep well because I get up every 2 hours at night to pee and then takes another 30 minutes to fall asleep again.

I feel very lucky that I haven't been getting up to pee in the night all that much. I don't drink anything after 5 though. That could be the reason. No idea. I try to get all my fluids earlier on in the day, then I just drink when I want once I get my 2 liters.

So, our lasagna rolls were eh... okay. I'm not a big cheese fan, so I didn't add the mozzarella. That could have been why. The graham cracker thingies were to DIE FOR!!! Grace, I am suggesting them to you!

Nicole, I haven't had many back or abdomen pains, but I have had a lot of braxton hicks, that are SUPER annoying. Especially when I drink enough fluids and I see no reason as to why I have them. Sometimes they can be painful, but nothing like a real contraction.

**Has anyone had braxton hicks with their current pregnancy?

I really miss Angel, has anyone heard from her lately??????

I havent heard from her lately Janelle, sorry.

I havent had any BH contractions yet this pregnancy.

I feel so bad. I am constipated but so is my daughter. We have both been constipated for 3 days. It's so tough watching her struggle to poop. Trying to amp up our water consumption. I have drank 40 ounces so far today and plan to drink another 20-25 before bed. She usually drinks about 8 ounces of plain water from my water bottle a day. Then the rest is watered down juice just before bedtime and her nap. It's like 7 ounces water and 3 ounces juice because otherwise she get diarrhea. I wish I could get her to eat some more fiber but she only picks at everything now. I might invest in the Pediasure with the extra fiber for while I'm at my moms.

Nicole, I've been eating these fiber chewables that I got from Walmart, they seem to really be helping. Other than that, I drink prune juice. LOL prune juice never fails me!

Well I'm going to Walmart tomorrow so I might get those. Any particular brand with fiber chewables (are they chalky? or the prune juice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->