A home for EVERYONE!

If you can afford it, get the gummies. They are really good. Vitafusion makes the gummies. The chewables that I have are by fiber choice. They do have a weird texture, but they don't taste all that bad. They are pretty big though. Like the size of a thick quarter! It's worth it though. They help a lot. As for the prune juice, we get the store brand from safeway. It all works, I just got one with out added sugar.

Ok, thanks.

Ladies, need opinions. Manual pump versus single electric? I used manual pump with both of my previous kids but wondering if an electric would be better.

Good morning ladies

Janelle.. When do you leave for your trip?

Morning Aspe.

Hi to all the other ladies. Busy cleaning morning for me. Just popping in to say hi before I do some laundry, let the dog out, take out trash, and do more dishes.

Catching up from the past few days...

Janelle - I think our bumps look similar! I need to take a pic today. May take my phone to the bathroom to take a pic to post. Ugh I HATE having the dr lecture about weight gain!!! Only reason I'm trying to listen to him is because of how much I DREAD feeling like a heifer post-birth bc I took FOREEEEEVER to lose the stomach. But not even sure weight played into that bc still had it after I'd lost the baby weight. Gah! Oh and 5 pounds in a month isn't bad... 4 is the norm so not much different! Ha so he'll weigh the boobs... wow!

Oh yay love the nursery talk... I love Etsy and love decorating!!! I'm waiting on the bedding I ordered from there... plus some unfinished frames I ordered online that I'll paint to match the room... other than that, not sure what else I need to do. Siena's room was a work in progress for ages after she was born... I finished it, but then kept changing it, oops.

Grace - I didn’t mind that sugars drink last time... I just minded the EFFECT it had on me after I drank it! Ugh sugar drop!

PDX - oh man you had to wait all wknd to figure out what's up!!! Ughhhh!

Ok now I need to get a vreader for Siena!

And yeah I think of pregnancy as '10 months'.

Misty - Not sure about your sugars... but I've always had issues with my blood sugar dropping so I am careful about certain foods... example, if I eat cereal for breakfast, I have to plan on eating again in like 2 hours or less bc I'll get super shaky... even if plain cheerios... better if I do protein too. Or just skip eating if cereal is only option.

Nicole - I used a double electric pump. But, then I worked full time. Doubt I would have invested in the one I got otherwise. Oh and insurance will send me one for free now... you might want to look into that. Something Obama passed this year I think.

Sprout is kicking a lot today. Seems like I notice it more at work. I guess because I'm sitting around more. This wknd was TIRING. DH was sick with sinus something, so didn't get much help with Siena, who was sick with a stomach virus... stayed home with her after her dr appt Fri morning and dealt with her crankiness and her not wanting to eat all wknd. Sigh! She's in daycare today... had diarrhea but seems to be gone as of last night, fx'd. And, phew, was puking but that only lasted Thurs night, Fri morn. Now MIL is dealing with stomach virus... and DH 'thinks' he might have it too.. gah. So here's hoping I am not sick with ANYTHING any time soon.

oh and got super emotional Sun morn, crying and such and overwhelmed. DH soothed me then stepped it up and got stuff done around the house, despite being sick. Phew. So house is clean and I don't have anything I am needing to get done at home... so I can work on 'fun' stuff like painting this lil wooden toy I bought for Sprout's room.

Got the kids' summer clothes on Sat... and got them put away... they are 'clean' but used so I'll take off tags and wash them later. We buy consignment for the bulk of their stuff and then things here and there as needed later.

I had a Playtex double electric with my son but it hurt and got absolutely nothing out of me. I'm so used to using the medela harmony manual pump but with a toddler and a dog along with a newborn I dont know if I'd have the time to take 20 minutes to pump manually.

Ugh...I'm sorry the stomach virus is going around where you are Libby. Baby J had it real bad in March 2012. She threw up overnight for 4 days straight and had 7 days of diarrhea. Then DH got it and that is probably 1 out of only 3 times he hasnt slept in the same bed as me because he got super nauseous every tie he laid down. He had it for 3 days nd then I just got the naughty poopies for 3 days. Who would've known that a week later I would miscarry?

We also had another run of the stomach virus January 7-13 this year. Baby J only threw up 2x but had massive diarrhea. Then I got it but the throwing up only lasted 16 hours but took me 4 days to get back to full strength. Then it went around the in-laws for a week.

Hope you all get better! Time to go let the dog out and start laundry. I've been diddlydaddling online for too long.

Morning ladies!

Nicole, I had a double electric when I was BF Samuel and I loved it! I could pump both breasts at once and get twice the milk. That came in handy especially since he threw up the first feeding.

Aspe, I leave Wednesday afternoon and return next Tuesday sometime.

Libby, My doctor was joking. "agreeing" that all my weight gain is in my boobs, so he's going to say at my next appointment, you gained so many lbs in breast weight rather than out right telling me I'm fat. I remember "feeling" heifer like after I had Samuel and thinking I was this fatty, but I look at pictures from when Dan and I got married and my face was so slim. So, I'm not too worried this time around.

AFM, I've got laundry to do today and clean up the house a bit. I want to get as much done as I can, so that Dan doesn't have to do anything when I'm gone (or take the chance of breaking anything). I'll be checking in periodically. Hope you ladies are enjoying your Monday! :hugs:

Hello!! It's freakin Monday again... ugh... Another work week. I wish I didn't have to work!! Soooooo tired! Though that's nothing new lol.

Janelle - Are you going to visit your family? Why isn't Dan going? Tomorrow you'll be down to double digit days left! Still feels like forever to me...

Libby - I hope you don't catch the stomach bug!! Have you guys decided on a name for Sprout?

Krissy - Funny you knew what was happening to me just from reading I woke up drenched in sweat. I'm actually on both kinds of insulin... the NPH and the regular. I have to mix them each shot. I put so many units of regular in the syringe then so many of the NPH in also. I have no idea why it dropped so low this weekend. It did again yesterday but not QUITE as bad. I started getting shaky then the sweating started so I checked my blood and it was down to 69. I ate a cupcake (mmmmmmm!) and felt better. While I'm at work I snack on peanuts between breakfast and lunch so maybe that's what keeps me level? I have no idea. I kept poking my belly making Tyler move just to make sure he was ok. That was my biggest worry.

Nicole - I've sent a message online to my insurance company inquiring about the breast pump that is supposed to be covered per ObamaCare. I haven't heard back yet but from reading up online it sounds like the law was passed in August and once your insurance plan renews after that, then it's covered. That means I have to wait until after March 1st and my deductible starts over. Darn it. Was hoping it'd be free. I guess it will go towards deductible though.

Pdx - anxiously awaiting to hear what happens at the doctor today!!!

Hi Grace!! How are you doing?

I'm in the 3rd trimester! Hope the next couple of months fly by but I know they won't lol. I have an ultrasound this Wednesday to check his growth. Hope all is well!

https://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e10/libbyam2003/9DD8F62D-C387-427A-A9F0-2D351D21A68F-1460-000002C7A5469666.jpghttps://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e10/libbyam2003/BC231852-1A39-4556-8BFC-91DBF70E3008-1460-000002C7AB922A51.jpghttps://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e10/libbyam2003/225B8E1E-5960-4EFE-9AD2-A9F7BDB7C1EC-1460-000002C70CCD64EF.jpg

Libby you're adorable!! Perfect bump :) And I love Siena's shirt!

Misty, we are going to visit with family. We went to Florida and saw FIL's family. Ohio has MIL's family. As well as FIL's Dad. WhooHoo!! on Third trimester! It's going to fly by now! What time is your appointment on Wednesday?

Libby, Love the bump pics!

Does anyone know when you start going and seeing your doctor weekly? My doctor is going to start seeing me every 2 weeks after March 8th. I'm dreading the dilation checks. Maybe I can just talk him out of it.

***The 100 day count down begins!! GRACE, WE MADE IT!!!

Why isn't Dan going with? I think biweekly checks start at 28 weeks and weekly checks start at 36 weeks. I believe that's what I read. Can't go by my experience right now as I've been going weekly for a while now! I start NST's in 4 weeks and not sure if that's weekly also? Didn't ask that part, just the when they'll start. My appt is at 3:30pm on Wednesday. Hate that it's late in the day but I was trying to save from Jake having to miss time from work.

Janelle, weekly checks usually dont start until 36 weeks. That is when most doctors will start dilation checks too unless you have had signs of preterm labor.

Misty-I dont even know when our insurance renews. Does it matter that I had to change our plan in December because of moving to IL? If that does matter than mine wont renew until December of this year I think. On this plan we only pay $50 per family member as a deductible. And there is no co-pay for prenatal care. I will check out the website and see if it says anything differnt based on the new Obamacare laws.

Nicole I would think since you started a new plan in December that the pump would be covered now. That would be my understanding but don't quote me on it!!

I wont quote you on it. I will check the website and possibly ask a few friends who are military wives.

Dan isn't going because he doesn't have anymore vacation time. I don't think he's too upset over it. From what I keep hearing, I'm going to freeze my ass off! Even my Dr, who is from Ohio, told me it's cold and depressing this time of year. I have to go through all of Samuel's clothes and find the really warm ones. I'm also taking Dan's giant blue patagonia jacket, because my pea coat wont button anymore. :( I don't want to freeze my ass off.

My flight leaves at 1:55 my time, which is 3:55 your time. So, I will text you when we land in Denver for our layover. You're going to have to give me an update!!! I think we will be in Denver around 6 or 7 your time.

I will definitely be texting you, Janelle! Yeah, this vacation won't be temps in the 70s and out soaking up the sun for sure! At least you're not going way east where they just got FEET of snow! Bleh! I'm sure you just wouldn't go if that were the case lol.

I posted the breast pump question on a military wives FB page because the website still says that only electric hospital-grade breast pumps for preemies meeting search criteria are covered.

It distinctly says (this has been on the website for a while) that breastpumps for convenience, non hospital-grade electric pumps, and maunal pumps are not covered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->