A home for EVERYONE!

Janelle, I'm so sorry to hear that your appointment didnt go as well as you had hoped. I am aware Chiropractors do use different methods depending on their school of thought. My DH used to suffer from bad sciatica for years and we tried all the treatments going.

I hope you feel a bit better tomorrow, could you take a warm bath with some soak in it? Is Arnica popular in the US? It's great for bruising etc, I'm sure your muscles are pulled so it could help a lot. You can get it in topical form now.

xo

Hey Aspe, many ladies suffer constipation the whole way through, I did and my poor bum was a mess after labour as it had been weakened so much from 9 months of hell :blush::haha:(Janelle and others will certainly understand). I swear it's God's way of preparing us for labour! (sorry if that is blasphemy?)

Others I know have flitted between the two, constipation and diarrhoea, or just the runs all the time.

It's all individual and every pregnancy is different if you excuse the cliche.

Just make sure you keep taking plenty of fluids :hugs:

Got 4 newborn girl outfits, 4 0-3 month girl outfits, and 4 items for my DD for $48 dollars! My mom bought 5 toys, a book, and a booster high chair for Jerusha to play with at her house too. Didnt find a closet organizer or toy organizer with bins but I can buy those at Walmart in a few days.

They told me that they are always accepting new items and I have 2 garbage bags full of 18 month - 5T girl clothes a friend gave me to use for baby J. I already had taken out the 40 itmes I was going to use but all the rest are still in good condition. So I'll give the bags to my mom when she heads back on Sunday and she can take them in.

Oh, 2 days ago my mom went to another Once Upon a Child store in Indianapolis and got a rocking horse for my daughter. It tooks like a brown and white shetland pony and it you press on its ear it neighs and moves its head and tail! She loves it. Here is a picture of her when she first got on her rocking horse:

Attachments

• IMG_0885.jpg
    IMG_0885.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 4
Nicole, two things. Why not wait to see what you're having before giving up all that girl stuff? second, the once upon a child here doesn't accept anything under 24 month unless it's as an outfit. It's a pain in the ass! I just took in a bunch of Samuel's stuff.

Nicole, two things. Why not wait to see what you're having before giving up all that girl stuff? second, the once upon a child here doesn't accept anything under 24 month unless it's as an outfit. It's a pain in the ass! I just took in a bunch of Samuel's stuff.

I might wait but havent decided yet. The cashiers didnt specify but the one we went to had tons of separate pieces for girls so I dont know if that applies.

Janelle, my mom says her chiropractor just pushes too but his has actually helped her a lot. Her hips are uneven so he pumps up the middle of the table and when he pushes on her hips the table drops. He did do a lot of tests to figure out why she was in so much pain though. He did like 5 Xrays, a thermal exam to see what parts of her spine had restrcited bloodflow, and a few other tests.

I actually talked to him because I get frequent knots in my back and he said that a chirpractor could help but only if it was associated with my spine otherwise a massage therapist would be more helpful.

Nicole, that's what he did! He had this contraption table like you described. So your mom has never been cracked huh? Just pushed on and it's helped her hips and pelvis? He said he usually does xrays but because I'm pregnant they don't. My step sister works at a salon that does massage for pregnant women, so I might see if that helps.

As for once upon a child, the lady didn't say anything to me until I was there to get my money and she handed me a box of clothes back. Said they couldn't accept things under 24 months unless it was an outfit, which I thought was pretty stupid. I had some cute clothes. Oh well, it's their loss. You know how when you buy an outfit for babies now a days it usually comes with 3 onesies and a pair of pants with a frog or some animal on the butt? That's what she is talking about. It's stupid.

So, Dan seems to think someone stole our mail. He said that when he got home the mailbox was open and completely empty. I guess we were suppose to get a netflix movie today too. There is some little shit that keeps messing with our mailbox and I keep missing them!! I think it's one of the kids that goes to school. Because in the mornings the flag is sometimes up. I keep telling Dan I'm going to hide in the bush with a super soaker filled with vinegar and soak them on the way to school! I'd like to see that parent try and take me on!!! I'll soak them too!

I never noticed it, but all the mail boxes on this side of the street look like they got a baseball bat to them. Who the hell messes with mail boxes anymore? It's shocking because this is a really good neighborhood. I just don't get it. But, I'm totally on the look out for a super soaker now!

Yeah, my mom has never been "cracked" by a chiropractor. She goes 2x a week and says it really helps her with her uneven hips. She pays like $35 a visit I think.

Yeah, that is ridiculous about not accepting items. I hate how picky some resale shops are which is why we usually just donate to salvation army. Hey, if someone is deserate enough for an item they will ignore tiny stains or cracks.

I'm sorry about your mail. We've never had that problem but people at Ft. Drum on a MILITARY BASE were having their new debit cards stolen out of their mailboxes. They also had problems with car break-ins. I hope if we do reenlist and move on base that it is more secure than Ft. Drum.

So now DH says I can use a POA (power of attorney) form to use his credit and get a better car. I said I'm fine with that AS LONG AS we only have to pay off a loan in 2 years NOT 5 and our car payments are less than $375 a month. Our SUV that got stolen had a 5 year loan on it with payments of $450. I dont want to do that again especially if there is a chance of this one getting stolen as well. He really wanted a truck but I talked him into looking only at sedans and in 2 years after we save up another $3000-5000 he can get himself a truck if this next car is completely paid off.

So it is very early but I am up because I am having some pain on the right side, inwards from from hip. It is not excruciating but it is there. It is worst when I lay flat on my back or when laying on my sides.

Aspe, it could be stretching pains or even more implantation pains. If it is not accompanied by any bleeding do not worry, all these lovely strange aches and pains are all a part of the wonderful journey of pregnancy:flower:. It sounds like stretching pains to me, which can begin at any stage early on.

I forgot to mention yesterday, being bloated due to wind, hormones, water and all those lovely things going on in the first trimester is normal. You think you are beginning to show and then at about 12 weeks or so it all kind of disappears and you are left with a smaller but firm bump only you can probably tell. Most ladies don't properly show until about 5 months onwards with their first, but it could be a little earlier. I didnt show until I was 6 1/2 months gone, much to my annoyance as I wanted everybody to know!:winkwink::haha:

Nicole, great news about the car situation progressing, happy shopping!

Good morning everybody:kiss:

Morning ladies!

Aspe- It seems like we either deal with constipation or diarrhea all the time ha ha. I seem to do okay but I make sure to drink coffee or eat something greasy if things arent working right. Or eat more fruit. But it just depends on what issues you are having. And I know we often have pains from ligaments stretching especially in the beginning.

Nicole - Siena got a horse like that but it's pink for her first birthday; she loved it for so long! She doesn't ride it as much now but that's anything that you have for awhile ha ha. And we use consignment shops to buy the majority of Siena's clothes. We haven't consigned much of her stuff back, though, since we aren't for sure if we are stopping after this baby. Hate to have to buy the stuff back!

Janelle - cant believe someone is stealing your mail! One time before Xmas, we had someone steal our packages from the front porch... So now we send big stuff to DH's office!

Afm - In Virginia! Looks like I'm the first one up... Slept in their nursery... It's so cute with bright green walls and pink/teal/aqua accents... Slept in it last time too but there wasnt a baby yet! And my friend's house is always pretty... Makes me rethink my decor to make it as light and airy as hers! But, then she's got a cleaner husband and her baby isn't into toddlerdom yet, lol. Drinking coffee and its feeling weird that I don't have to be listening for Siena wakin up and trying to get her breakfast ready etc!

Morning Libby, enjoy Virginia! How long are you staying, and do you have any nice plans?

x

Thanks! No big plans… I'm here to hang out with my friend and her new baby… So we'll take it easy… Lunch, maybe some shopping…

I used to live here… And visit every year, so it's not like I need to sightsee ha ha.

I'm ready to start nesting even though I'm only 27 weeks tomorrow. Buying those outfits makes me miss buying baby stuff. I am excited about car shopping too but DH is very very picky and he knows more about cars than I do. Ok, gotta go, Jerusha is yelling for me and I have to start packing and gathering our stuff together while she eats her breakfast.

Libby where in va are u? I used to live there too!!!

I'm getting high kicks that are starting to hit the bottom of my right boob LOL. They kinda tickle. Had to spank Jerusha (please dont judge me for how I choose to discipline my daughter) because she was deliberately disobeying me and going into my mom's room to play with the cleaning sprays.

I am near Richmond Virginia. And I won't knock other people's discipline style… Whatever works for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->