A home for EVERYONE!

Wow, I've had a busy day so far.

I went to the doctor today and I lost weight BOOYAH! Well, I gained the "required" amount for his records, but I lost weight compared to what I was last week. So that got me all sorts of excited! My doctor measured my belly and I'm measuring 31 weeks. So that got me all sorts of excited too! He also told me not to go back to the the chiropractor. Said he was a joke dr. and only tries to sell his patients crap. I BELIEVE IT! So, after my doctors appointment I went across the street to the hospital and preregistered and dropped $1000 so we're good to go! It's starting to feel real now.

Grace, Bump buddy! How was your appointment?

Nicole, I get that sharp pain too. I got it ALL the time with Samuel towards the end when he was head down. It turned out to be his head moving. I joked he had a bunch of keys and was looking for the right one to "open the door" Once he found the right key, my water would break. I get that pain every once in awhile when I walk, but it's nothing compared to my pelvis pain. It could really be a number of things.

Krissy, Samuel is doing better. I think a lot of it had to do with the vacations and him being sick. He's back to being my little angel. :O) My neck is feeling a lot better today too. Dan rubbed it last night and the night before. I can feel it's a pinched muscle or something in my back. Near my shoulder blade. Once Dan finds the hot spot he pushes on it and it's like instant relief. Pffft... who needs a chiropractor when I've got Dan!

I'm so glad that it's Friday!!! We're going to hit up Target this weekend and buy a bunch of baby stuff. I LIKE SHOPPING! LOL

:wave: to all the other ladies! Hope you're all enjoying your Friday! Gearing up for the big weekend! Hope you all enjoy it! I know I will!

My appointment didn't go so well. I really don't like my doctor and I think she's going to try and make me get a c-section. She's already talking about me needing to get a c-section because he's too big. *sigh*

Grace, WHAT!! Get a second opinion, if you don't want a c-section. Did they do an ultrasound to measure the baby? How do they know he's big?

She is basing it off of my 21 week ultrasound. I won't have another scan until around 36 weeks or so.

Grace, unless your baby has a very large head and you have a smller than usual pelvis, you should be able to pass any size of baby. Weight really doesnt matter that much if the head is a normal size.

They thought Samuel was going to be a tank, but he was a little guy. Try not to stress about it, but rather explain to her you really want a natural birth. It's still early to be even talking about that, I would think.

How far ahead was your little guy measuring at your 21 week ultrasound?

I was 21 weeks 2 days (based on my 10 week u/s measurement) and 20 weeks 5 days (based on LMP). I asked for a print out of my anatomy scan results and on it they say his gestational age based on the anatomy scan was 21 weeks 3 days. That's just one day off and less than a week off based on LMP. I don't know why this doctor is already talking about c-section. I mean she has no clue what size he will be 11 weeks from now. DH has vetoed a birth center but I can at least look for another ob.

That doesn't add up. during my 20 week ultrasound Sara was measuring an entire week ahead of schedule. Now, I'm measuring 31 weeks at 29 and my doctor hasn't said anything. As far as I know, we're planning on a natural birth, but he usually doesn't talk about it with me until I'm further along. You really don't know how big the baby is until they are here. Look at sweetz, they thought her baby would be really big, but he was the same size as Samuel. Exactly. Don't stress about it. It's too early to be thinking about that. Get a second opinion. :)

Nicole does have a point though. If your hips don't spread, then you will have to have a c-section, but they will wait until the last minute to tell you that. When I was in labor and ready to push, the nurse didn't think Samuel would be able to get his shoulders through the birthing canal, but another nurse came in and check and gave it the okay and Samuel was born like 4 minutes later.

Well I wasnt able to sleep at all even though I laid down for 30 minutes because all the brids in our back yard are making a lot of noise. I told a nurse friend of mine about how I'm feeling and she said I should go to Immediate Care or at least find a way to get a hold of an on call OB since my OB's office closed over an hour ago. So I'm looking ito getting a hold of an on call OB before I go to an Immediate Car because I know they dont like seeing pregnant patients, they rather you go straight to ER.

Ok, found a way to leave a message for an on-call OB. Supposed to call me back in the next 18 minutes. I'm just nervous because I realized that I ate feta cheese at my parents house probably twice and have had prepackaged lunch meat on my sandwiches without heating it the last week. I'm praying it's just something about baby's postion and not listeriosis infection because I have already scared myself with reading the effects it can have on an unborn baby.

Hey ladies,

So I am kind of freaking out. I did not know there were certain foods I could not eat. For example, hot dogs, lunchmates, battered chicken fingers, etc. :(

Another question.. What is the best pregnancy book? I could not find one locally, so I am going to order one online. That said, was wanting to know what the best book is.

Aspe,
I didnt mean to freak you out. The rule is if it is a presliced or prepackaged meat you need to heat it in the microwave for 15-20 seconds to kill bacteria. Once or twice most likely wont cause any harm to you or baby. Also avoid feta and brie cheeses because the milk they are made with is not pasteurized. They also recommend not buying any salads (potato salad, coleslaw, chicken, or tuna salad) from the deli of a store because if the bacteria is in those it is much harder to kill than in meats.

Aspe, I was told fresh mozzarella is one to avoid as well (the one that is in water). Lucky for me, most of the stuff on the lists I don't eat anyway. Here are a few links:

https://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/foodstoavoid.html
https://www.webmd.com/baby/features/foods-to-avoid-when-youre-pregnant
https://www.foodsafety.gov/poisoning/risk/pregnant/chklist_pregnancy.html

As for books, the ones that I have are What to expect when you're expecting, Your pregnancy and child birth, Your pregnancy week by week, and Chicken soup for the soul- New Moms. There are millions of books out there. I know when I was pregnant with Samuel I just stuck with What to expect and the week by week one, but I did also read Belly laughs by Jenny McCarthy. Hope this helps. :) How are you feeling? Craving kitkats yet? ;)

Nicole, hope you're feeling better and you were able to get a hold of a doctor.

The doctor never called me back.

woke up with my bedsheet drenched in sweat. I am very dizzy but I know I wont be able to sleep when there are sweat puddles on my bed.

Nicole eat something sugary!! Like now!

I ate pre-sliced ham and turkey this week. I did not know about this. :(
Janelle.. Who are the author of those books? I looked them up but there are alot of different copies, due to different authors. Also, thanks for the links.

So is subs from subway out of the question? Please forgive me if I sound juvenile.

Aspe, What to expect when you're expecting is by Heidi Murkoff, Arlene Eisenberg & Sandee Hathaway. Your Pregnancy week by week is by Glade B Curtis, MD OB/GYN & Judith Schuler, M.S. Your pregnancy and Childbirth month to month is by the american college of obstetricians and gynecologists? I don't see an author. Chicken Soup for the soul-New moms is by Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen & Susan M. Heim. Hope that helps.

As for the lunch meats. I wouldn't worry too much about it. A lot of women don't know they are pregnant until much later than you. I would try to avoid it now though, if not heat the meat up. I don't know if Subway is okay because you can get the sandwich toasted, not sure if that heats it enough. Libby would be a good one to ask. I think she eats Subway from time to time. I will tell you, I ate Port of subs and subway when I was pregnant with Samuel not knowing you shouldn't eat lunch meats and he turned out fine. I also worked with a woman who ate Salami every day during her pregnancy. I don't think it's more a "Don't do that!" as much as it's a "proceed with caution". I'm sure your baby is fine. :) try not to fret about it. A lot of women do it not knowing.

Well, it's 5:40 in the morning my time and I can't sleep. I'm wide awake with Samuel by my side. We're eating oatmeal while Dan sleeps in. I might as well hog the computer while I can before he gets up and has to do homework! Krissy, I'm awake!! Where are you?!?!?!

Janelle, maybe this can entertain you.

https://static.themetapicture.com/media/funny-how-to-make-your-friends-hate-you.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->