A home for EVERYONE!

Seriously Krissy, my son would stay up all night a read books if we let him. He LOVES to read. He does enjoy taking naps he will come out and tell me, "mama, I tired" so I will take him in his room and he will snuggle up with his cat in the hat book and pass out. He likes to take naps because he knows when he wakes up Daddy will be home and that means they get to play with trains.

I tried getting him excited for breakfast. That used to work. I would get him all excited to eat breakfast and he couldn't wait to fall asleep because he knew when he woke up it would be breakfast time. Hence all the waking mommy up demanding eggies and gacon.

hmm...if the breakfest thing worked before try something else along those lines...have him pick out a book and put it somewhere he can see it and say when you get up the first thing we will do is read that book. or talk about what you will do the next day be it go out to play or what arrands you have to run...so i guess see if getting him excited for the next day might do the trick!

Hey Ladies!!!

Ohh my gosh!! Lots and lots and lots to read, and lots of long long paragraphs! I'm not sure I'll be able to read it all!!!!!!

I really want to be able to remember everyone,and I'll really try to read all the bios by tomorrow! Do you think it would be a good idea to maybe make a "compressed" bio to make it easier (Mainly for really dumb ladies aka. me!) to remember everyone? Erm, I can start...

Name: Loren!
I live: In the UK!
Any kids? Just 2 dogs, a cat and a rabbit for now, no human babies just yet!
Interests/hobbies: I'm just completing my final year of a veterinary science degree! When I'm not doing that, I'm pretty much a easy-going lazy lounging kinda girl...my husband is in the army, so there's not much I can really do stuck living in an army barracks! So, for now, I'll put uni as my hobby until my life becomes more interesting!

Maybe we can copy and paste and build a list or something to refer to!

Hope everyone is doing great, and can't wait to pop back and have a good catch up! For now, my DH is trying to demand all my attention, so I'll sneak back on when he's at work in the morning!x

Ok ladies i have to get off my butt and get some cleaning done today! i will be back on later..so keep the chatter going and i will catch up later!

Loren- WONDERFUL idea! while i still love our super long bios because i feel closer to everyone i lke your idea! and for those who want to partake i will over the next couple days i will gather them up!

Great idea Loren! Frankly, Loren is so much easier to remember than Lpjkp for me.

Name: Janelle
Children: 1 son and expecting
Interest/hobbies: I love being a mom and wife. I enjoy cooking and baking new things. I love to blog, spend time with my family, and remodel our new home... slowly. LOL

Thanks guys for the warm welcome!

Krissy - yeah we can swap stories about our husbands when they're being bonkers. But right now it is good on my end.. waiting to see how things go in the coming months. Sorry you are in a rough patch, but sounds like you guys are handling it... its good that you can still say "I love you" even in a rough time... I am bad at that... I HATE saying I love you back to DH when he says it to me if I'm mad at him... I am such a child, haha! Ok just read about things with Josh... that explains it! Sigh, it is frustrating when their job crap affects the relationship... I deal with that often bc DH is in a stressful job and he comes home mad... I hate it!

Janelle - Yeah we'd only been in the house for 6 months! We built right back in same place and this month we'll hit the year mark! And yayyy we can be prego together! My first appt is oct 9! Hoping its late enough to hear a heartbeat, but I know it just depends. I just know that's when it gets more 'real'. Although I DID buy my first baby thing... an infant insert for my ergo carrier.. Siena loves it as a toddler, but didn't have it when she was a newborn. She hated all carriers though as a newborn! So strange with your best friend dropping off the planet like that! And omg I would love twins. Mostly because DH will be done after this one and I'm not sure if I want just two kids. But I'm not getting bad ms etc and seems like those with twins had worse symptoms. Drat! Oh I will eventually need to know what to do about the big girl bed... my baby is still in a crib... waiting for her to start climbing out and hasn't! Oh and I had a dizzy spell while out and about on my lunch hour. I had an empty stomach and had been walking around. So I rested a bit.

MnJ - Wow, sounds like you had to grow up fast and you thrived despite your mom. Good for you! And names... ugh last time DH and I couldn't agree on a boys name and already had a girls name... so no IDEA what we'll do this time! Oh and I'm getting cramps too. Not constantly, but definitely daily. And yeah I think water intake helps.

Congrats Armymama! Sounds like thigns are on the right track! Geez, some people! You can talk about you, of course! No idea on the sac... I can't remember how early I went with my first... but it was early and we couldn't get a heartbeat yet which sucked. Ah husbands... yeah they seem awfully into their own stuff too much of the time... I deal with that a lot! They need to spend time with the fam!!

As far as condensed info:

Name: Liz (but parents/brother call me libby so that's fine)
I live: Alabama, USA
Any kids? Siena, 3/29/11.. and prego woot woot!
Interests/hobbies: work in logistics full-time, but just to pay the bills. Used to bike, run, camp, etc... did some half marathons and 5ks etc. Since Siena was born, I have barely exercised at all, haha. Evenings are busy with cooking, cleaning, Siena, DH. Weekends, baby gym and church and family time and whatever else is going on. Love DIY stuff and refurbishing, but don't do it enough, sigh. Lots of ideas, not enough time/money. But that's ok! Loving being a mama!!

Just my luck!

I went to pee and when I wiped I was spotting. Ugh!! It's not red, it's pink.. I know pink and brown are not something to worry about, but I'm so irritated. I'm hoping it's because of the sex that hubby and I were NOT suppose to have and it's just an irritated cervix. But that was 2 nights ago. Seems a little late for it to just now start spotting.

I completely freaked out and chugged a bunch of water. I peed in a cup. My urine was pretty diluted, but I didn't care, I dipped my last pregnancy test in and counted to 5. Right away the positive line started to show up. It's still darker than the control line. So that give me hope. Especially with diluted urine. Uh.. I wish tomorrow were today.

I'm feeling a little crampy now as well. It could all be in my head. Only time will tell. I really hope everything is okay and this spotting doesn't turn bright red. I will be heart broken.

um yeah house still a mess lol....Josh got home then i have been working on a job application for him...he talked to old property manager and she said that they are not hiring right now...boo....and now he just left to go hunting i decide to get on here before doing my "job" lol

Libby- cant wait to for your appt on the 9th! yay for you! and yeah we will get through. and oh yeah there are days when i dont want to say i love you to him...ask janelle lol.....but in my heart i know it would kill me not to say i love you have something happen. my husband is a type 1 diabetic so it is always in the back of my mind that it is a very real possibility of him not waking up one morning due to complications...i hate that feeling! oh and is that an actual picture of your daughter on the ticker? so freaking cute!

My short bio

Name: Krisitna aka Krissy
Kids: Joshua 6, Avarie 4 1/2 and Jamison 3

Hobbies,,,,kids and husband lol...but i love to read!!!! and of course a good movie with the kids and outside stuff like camping, fishing (as long as i dont have to touch anything too gross) ridding the quad...yeppers country girl with a city girl attitude lol

Yes keep us posted! i am sure it is nothing...no more naughty dancing for you!!!!!

I know right! If all is well, I'm cutting him off. It was my fault though. I'm the guilty one. ((sigh)) I really hope this pregnancy lasts. My boobs still hurt and the positive test has me hopeful. Hurry up tomorrow!!!

Ok this is what we got so far in alphabitical order lol

Janelleybean
Name: Janelle
Children: 1 son and expecting
Interest/hobbies: I love being a mom and wife. I enjoy cooking and baking new things. I love to blog, spend time with my family, and remodel our new home... slowly. LOL

Krissy485
Name: Krisitna aka Krissy
Kids: Joshua 6, Avarie 4 1/2 and Jamison 3
Married only 6months been together for 7 ½ yrs
Hobbies,,,,kids and husband lol...but i love to read!!!! and of course a good movie with the kids and outside stuff like camping, fishing (as long as i dont have to touch anything too gross) ridding the quad...yeppers country girl with a city girl attitude lol

Libbyam2003
Name: Liz (but parents/brother call me libby so that's fine)
I live: Alabama, USA
Any kids? Siena, 3/29/11.. and prego woot woot!
Interests/hobbies: work in logistics full-time, but just to pay the bills. Used to bike, run, camp, etc... did some half marathons and 5ks etc. Since Siena was born, I have barely exercised at all, haha. Evenings are busy with cooking, cleaning, Siena, DH. Weekends, baby gym and church and family time and whatever else is going on. Love DIY stuff and refurbishing, but don't do it enough, sigh. Lots of ideas, not enough time/money. But that's ok! Loving being a mama!!

lpjkp
Name: Loren!
I live: In the UK!
Any kids? Just 2 dogs, a cat and a rabbit for now, no human babies just yet!
Interests/hobbies: I'm just completing my final year of a veterinary science degree! When I'm not doing that, I'm pretty much a easy-going lazy lounging kinda girl...my husband is in the army, so there's not much I can really do stuck living in an army barracks! So, for now, I'll put uni as my hobby until my life becomes more interesting!

Yes, I get an ultrasound. I'm excited, but fearful at the same time. I'll just be happy when it's over with. I'm feeling okay. I threw up last night while cooking dinner because of the smell. I think Krissy was sitting there with the voodoo doll and wishing it on me. LOL just kidding. Other than that. I'm okay. My boobs are super sore and super huge. They are looking pretty perky though. Can't argue there. I get nausea spells through out the day, but nothing too bad. I get sort of confused, I'm not sure if I'm going to pass out or throw up. Does that happen to you? I've never experienced this morning sickness before. I have been having the "naughty poopies" in the morning, but nothing this morning, which was a relief. Other than that, I feel pretty peachy. How about you?

MnJ- do you ever get nausea spells where you feel you're not sure if you're going to pass out or throw up?

I don't feel like I am going to pass out yet. That always happens once I start showing. My boobs aren't sore yet except once in a while but I am sure they will be soon. Nausea in the mornings here. Lower backache and headaches too. Still can't eat plain pasta.

i agree hurry the hell up!!! but i must remind you i am seeing the dentist tomorrow...ugh....i really hope your day is better than mine!

Ok, playing catch up:

Libby: I have not been through tornadoes but a scary thing for me was that my dad was on a plane over NY on 9/11/2001. We were so scared but God had him on another plane. I am so glad you got to work everything out after the wreckage.

Loren: hi lady! How are you feeling?

Mnj: you off work yet?

BayBeeEm: glad you like the thread. Can't wait to read your bio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->